Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what a great man manager 06:37 - Aug 10 with 6057 viewsvetchonian

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/angry-russell-martin-

Again takes no blame directing it elsewhere really good man management...he made the changes not only on personnel but formation as Jasper mentioned elsewhere we have a young midfielder being asked to play out of position on his debut......

Martin is a liability I'm sure the players will be very motivated to work for him after that I hope Joey is knocking on his door telling him a few home truths

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

what a great man manager on 12:03 - Aug 10 with 1420 viewsKerouac

what a great man manager on 09:28 - Aug 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Don’t know many (if any) that did that though.

What I saw on here was people explaining in great detail why his game plan is flawed, reasoning that has now become the accepted realisation. From what I remember everyone backed him early on and slowly as the weeks went by became more critical of what they were seeing.

Nothing lucky about that.

I for one took this approach...

- Welcomed him and commented that he said all the right things

- Advised caution to those who were all in on him and his signings before even seeing us play, I commented that words are easy but it is what people do that you judge them by.

- I did not comment on the football until 10 games in. In that post I criticised some aspects but offered that the emphasis on the possession was not without some potential, commenting that I hoped he and the team would continue to learn and grow.

- At some point in December I had had enough. It was by now clear to me that he had only one plan and he was refusing to learn from mistakes. I gave a full throttle critique and suggested a couple of alternative systems we could try.
I suggested that 4-3-3 would suit us best (we had Bidwell, Manning, Naughton and Laird as full-back options at this point) and strongly recommended that Obafemi was given a starting spot (up until January Obafemi was given a handful of minutes off the bench at the end of games when there was barely any time to effect the game).
I also picked a 4-3-3 that didn't include wingers, as we didn't have any (...then and after 2 more windows we still don't have any!).

- My frustration and dissatisfaction with Martin turned into exasperation between Christmas and the end of last season...even though the penny dropped for Martin on Obafemi!...I just couldn't go along with the stupidity anymore and the way we threw points away and played without passion when there remained an outside shot at the play-offs last season....and the way some of our brainwashed fans accepted that, the way they weren't remotely concerned; "it's a project, we'll see the results next season"...was enough for me.

- This summer, you always try to be positive about the upcoming season but I found it difficult to get excited as all of the flaws and the deficiencies in the squad were still there.
I watched in amazement as people tried to make out we had a chance of going up, utter amazement.
This season has kicked off and we are doing all of the stupid things and are in a bigger mess. When he arrived we weren't in a mess.
Cooper had developed a 3-5-2 and a 4-3-3 that got us results and we had the players for.
Now we are in a mess, a massive mess...and unless we change this clown this week any new manager we could quickly appoint (within a fortnight) is going to be hamstrung with Martin's squad.

DO NOT GIVE THIS CLOWN ANYMORE MONEY TO BRING IN ANYMORE MK DONS PLAYERS THIS MONTH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

what a great man manager on 12:07 - Aug 10 with 1404 viewsDr_Parnassus

what a great man manager on 11:58 - Aug 10 by onehunglow

I go away and speak to no bugger I don’t know .

You never what people are like

I did speak to a Villa fan when away once. He couldn’t believe we wanted to get rid of Monk.

Fans of other clubs usually have zero clue what’s going on at the club, they know what they are told by media. Which is the exact medium Russell Martin relies on to spread the biggest myth in league football currently.

Never have I seen one man have so much faux adulation off the back of so much failure and zero success before. Not a single successful season to his name.

“But his teams have 75% possession mun”.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

what a great man manager on 12:09 - Aug 10 with 1402 viewsonehunglow

what a great man manager on 11:59 - Aug 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed. 53 games and counting, he’s clutching at some Spanish straws.

There is nothing loyal about our daps, he was one of the leading voices against our last manager who delivered us so much more success than we can ever dream of under Martin. He is only sticking by Martin now because he would lose face by admitting he got it spectacularly wrong.

Last year Daps said judge him after 6 months. 12 months of rubbish later and he’s extended that indefinitely while slowly but surely lowering expectations each time.

If it wasn’t so tragic it would be funny.

Dr P.
Look,this saving face is a load of tripe.(word used to describe Blackburn)

I had no time for cooper as he ultimately failed . Would I have him back now .? Yes.Am I bothered about saying that .No.
Am I worried about being show wrong? No.

Why are so many posters obsessed with their image as a super supporter. I could append the most glorious Paean to Russell on here and would have the usual right on replies. It would be meaningless drivel,th3 like of which we have been seeing when anyone ,like me,questioned Martin and just wtf is is about. When people see fit to defend the like# of Martin,
I know we are in Schlick,and we most certainly are as I pointed out more or less right from the start. Not a 50/50 but opinion based on almost 50 yrs of working and managing people .It’s not always hard to spot a wrong in.
People have to be honest at least with themselves. Don’t lie to the man in the glass.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

what a great man manager on 12:29 - Aug 10 with 1376 viewsDr_Parnassus

what a great man manager on 12:09 - Aug 10 by onehunglow

Dr P.
Look,this saving face is a load of tripe.(word used to describe Blackburn)

I had no time for cooper as he ultimately failed . Would I have him back now .? Yes.Am I bothered about saying that .No.
Am I worried about being show wrong? No.

Why are so many posters obsessed with their image as a super supporter. I could append the most glorious Paean to Russell on here and would have the usual right on replies. It would be meaningless drivel,th3 like of which we have been seeing when anyone ,like me,questioned Martin and just wtf is is about. When people see fit to defend the like# of Martin,
I know we are in Schlick,and we most certainly are as I pointed out more or less right from the start. Not a 50/50 but opinion based on almost 50 yrs of working and managing people .It’s not always hard to spot a wrong in.
People have to be honest at least with themselves. Don’t lie to the man in the glass.

Completely agree.

It’s staring everyone right in the face, it’s complete delusion to not recognise it and change your position to match reality.

If it makes you look a plum then it makes you look a plum. But a plum who can see their errors is better than a plum that can’t - then you are simply following exactly the type of plum we have managing us.

what a great man manager on 12:34 - Aug 10 with 1372 viewsReslovenSwan1

what a great man manager on 11:59 - Aug 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed. 53 games and counting, he’s clutching at some Spanish straws.

There is nothing loyal about our daps, he was one of the leading voices against our last manager who delivered us so much more success than we can ever dream of under Martin. He is only sticking by Martin now because he would lose face by admitting he got it spectacularly wrong.

Last year Daps said judge him after 6 months. 12 months of rubbish later and he’s extended that indefinitely while slowly but surely lowering expectations each time.

If it wasn’t so tragic it would be funny.

'Defend with mentality' is actually a very good line. Benda was dozing enjoying a balmy sunny eventing at 0-2 and cruising. No mentality of "I am giving you nothing". Instead "this is too easy have some help".

A horrible error with no excuses. He has been training for 5 week for this day and let himself down. If it was Fisher the sages on here would be on his case.

"Defend with mentality". - "Lads tight with the wall make as tight as a drum. See this one out and we are home and dry " "FFS who got out of the way?" No mentality to take one for the team Bidwell would have Roberts would have.

Martin exposed the player and quite rightly. No guts no focus and a lack of determination when Oxford upped the tempo.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 12:35]

Wise sage since Toshack era

what a great man manager on 12:38 - Aug 10 with 1359 viewsDr_Parnassus

what a great man manager on 12:34 - Aug 10 by ReslovenSwan1

'Defend with mentality' is actually a very good line. Benda was dozing enjoying a balmy sunny eventing at 0-2 and cruising. No mentality of "I am giving you nothing". Instead "this is too easy have some help".

A horrible error with no excuses. He has been training for 5 week for this day and let himself down. If it was Fisher the sages on here would be on his case.

"Defend with mentality". - "Lads tight with the wall make as tight as a drum. See this one out and we are home and dry " "FFS who got out of the way?" No mentality to take one for the team Bidwell would have Roberts would have.

Martin exposed the player and quite rightly. No guts no focus and a lack of determination when Oxford upped the tempo.

It’s a ridiculous line, it’s a vague load of nothingness.

Why not tell everyone to “play with mentality” then cut out all mistakes all over the pitch not just the defenders.

Or do you reckon it’s just words that essentially mean nothing?

what a great man manager on 12:39 - Aug 10 with 1361 viewsonehunglow

what a great man manager on 12:29 - Aug 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Completely agree.

It’s staring everyone right in the face, it’s complete delusion to not recognise it and change your position to match reality.

If it makes you look a plum then it makes you look a plum. But a plum who can see their errors is better than a plum that can’t - then you are simply following exactly the type of plum we have managing us.

Plums are fine especially Victoria ones. Sweet and Juicy which sums me up.

Seriously,the most important aspect of life is to look deeply into the mirror and see if you like what you see. look at the soul.Be yourself and stand by what you say .

The opinions of others are meaningless if you like what yiu see in the glass .

There was something about Martin right from the off that disturbed me. I admit that . It wasn’t logical or even fact based just gust gut instinct .Martin is an obsessional egotist who is a great sales man,at least of himself .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

what a great man manager on 12:42 - Aug 10 with 1361 viewsvetchonian

what a great man manager on 12:34 - Aug 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Benda should never have been put in that position kids at school are taught never to pass the ball across the face of your box..the ball should have gone down the line or out to touch but the MArtin Mantra of keeping possession made this debutant who once again was a plyer being played out of his usual position by our marvellous manager make an error 8 yesr olds wouldnt

Yes howler of a clearance by Benda but he should never have been in that position to start with

Login to get fewer ads

what a great man manager on 13:11 - Aug 10 with 1304 viewsReslovenSwan1

what a great man manager on 12:38 - Aug 10 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s a ridiculous line, it’s a vague load of nothingness.

Why not tell everyone to “play with mentality” then cut out all mistakes all over the pitch not just the defenders.

Or do you reckon it’s just words that essentially mean nothing?

It means do not leave gaps in the wall and show courage. It was 90 +2 and cowardice was shown by one or two players who were not prepared to take one for the team and the manager. The 'mentality' of the individual concerned was not in the right place. His 'mentality' was "i do not want to get hurt and I am going to let my teammates down".

This was the strength of Monk Williams Taylor Rangel and co . They were prepared to get hurt. The 2013 Carabao cup could have been lost at Crawley in similar circumstances.

Benda demands first team football. He did his case no good at all. He had practically nothing to do and what he did have he messed up.

what a great man manager on 13:15 - Aug 10 with 1293 viewsDr_Parnassus

what a great man manager on 13:11 - Aug 10 by ReslovenSwan1

It means do not leave gaps in the wall and show courage. It was 90 +2 and cowardice was shown by one or two players who were not prepared to take one for the team and the manager. The 'mentality' of the individual concerned was not in the right place. His 'mentality' was "i do not want to get hurt and I am going to let my teammates down".

This was the strength of Monk Williams Taylor Rangel and co . They were prepared to get hurt. The 2013 Carabao cup could have been lost at Crawley in similar circumstances.

Benda demands first team football. He did his case no good at all. He had practically nothing to do and what he did have he messed up.

No, that’s what you have decided it means.

It means nothing and will mean a lot of different things to everyone. It means nothing.

As I said, may as well address the whole team and say “play with mentality” and then we will win the league as nobody will make a mistake then.

It’s the magic sentence that encompasses all.

what a great man manager on 13:31 - Aug 10 with 1273 viewsReslovenSwan1

what a great man manager on 13:15 - Aug 10 by Dr_Parnassus

No, that’s what you have decided it means.

It means nothing and will mean a lot of different things to everyone. It means nothing.

As I said, may as well address the whole team and say “play with mentality” and then we will win the league as nobody will make a mistake then.

It’s the magic sentence that encompasses all.

I have explained to you what I think Martin means. It was very evident last night where both goals were gifts. One from a criminal lack of concentration and the other from a lack of basic bravery with seconds left.

Other teams do not give these gifts to Swansea. Martin must review if his signings are physically and mentally up to the job.

He mentioned physically after being overpowered by Forest in the thrashing then sign Sorinola who does not look tough and strong at all. A physical specimen like Garrick (7 goals and 8 assists last season) is dispatched while a technical but not too fast or physical Cullen (1 goal last season) is kept.

Micro reviewing all of Martin's words suggests a on going witch hunt.

what a great man manager on 13:35 - Aug 10 with 1266 viewsDr_Parnassus

what a great man manager on 13:31 - Aug 10 by ReslovenSwan1

I have explained to you what I think Martin means. It was very evident last night where both goals were gifts. One from a criminal lack of concentration and the other from a lack of basic bravery with seconds left.

Other teams do not give these gifts to Swansea. Martin must review if his signings are physically and mentally up to the job.

He mentioned physically after being overpowered by Forest in the thrashing then sign Sorinola who does not look tough and strong at all. A physical specimen like Garrick (7 goals and 8 assists last season) is dispatched while a technical but not too fast or physical Cullen (1 goal last season) is kept.

Yes. But what you think Martin means is irrelevant.

The fact you don’t know and have to guess is the exact point, so does everyone else. Hence why the comment is meaningless.

Again, why didn’t he just tell the team to “play with mentality” then we wouldn’t lose another game.

Easy.

what a great man manager on 13:59 - Aug 10 with 1248 viewsCatullus

what a great man manager on 12:42 - Aug 10 by vetchonian

Benda should never have been put in that position kids at school are taught never to pass the ball across the face of your box..the ball should have gone down the line or out to touch but the MArtin Mantra of keeping possession made this debutant who once again was a plyer being played out of his usual position by our marvellous manager make an error 8 yesr olds wouldnt

Yes howler of a clearance by Benda but he should never have been in that position to start with

Which is exactly what I've said, when we are in a difficult situation, be pragmatic but martin tells them to be brave and keep possession then scolds them in public when it goes wrong.

As to supporting Martin, I did at the start, as I always do. My mantra is to support the manager until he no longer deserves it. That point was getting much closer last season but at the start of this season I was saying give him a bit more time, we cannot judge until 10 games in but that first home game was a debacle. It was so bad it just pushed me off the cliff.

Martin needs to go and soon yet the club are giving him more time. What he does with that time could, I suppose, save his career here or it could be disastrous for all of us. I think it will be the latter. If Martin stays for the season we will be in a relegation fight.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

what a great man manager on 14:08 - Aug 10 with 1238 viewsvetchonian

what a great man manager on 13:11 - Aug 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Have you seen the goal?

IT was a deflection off one of our players in the wall I assume the set piece coach has given some instruction on how to line up in certain situations we seemed to have one player lieing on the floor behind the wall I guess to prevent the low shot going in.

SO how does Benda get the fault for that.

This is down to MArtin and his substitutions Im sorry

what a great man manager on 15:18 - Aug 10 with 1188 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

what a great man manager on 13:31 - Aug 10 by ReslovenSwan1

I wish you would post with mentality.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

what a great man manager on 15:19 - Aug 10 with 1188 viewsKerouac

what a great man manager on 15:18 - Aug 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

what a great man manager on 08:17 - Aug 11 with 1060 viewsDr_Parnassus

what a great man manager on 08:36 - Aug 10 by raynor94

Even I'm running out of excuses, and I have backed him from day one .

I honestly thought this season would be better.

But his comments after last night's game were totally unacceptable.

caught hook line and sinker

what a great man manager on 16:36 - Aug 11 with 956 viewsReslovenSwan1

what a great man manager on 15:18 - Aug 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I alway post with mentality. My mentality is not to accept sloppy narratives s gospel. Martin needed time and some new players to turn the corner. Over a year into the project I expect to see good performances and wins. No signs of that yet. No improvement.

The objective was something Huw jenkins achieved over 2 or 3 seasons. It is very ambitious and possibly beyond Martin. I would give Martin extra time if he was using local players, But he is not. He is sending them away in the fake idea they will become Swansea players in the future.

what a great man manager on 18:09 - Aug 11 with 909 viewsshingle

what a great man manager on 08:36 - Aug 10 by raynor94

Even I'm running out of excuses, and I have backed him from day one .

I honestly thought this season would be better.

But his comments after last night's game were totally unacceptable.

Sadly no matter what excuses you now make or admit to you will not be removed from the upcoming name and shame list.
what a great man manager on 18:27 - Aug 11 with 888 viewsraynor94

what a great man manager on 18:09 - Aug 11 by shingle

Sadly no matter what excuses you now make or admit to you will not be removed from the upcoming name and shame list.

Seriously, what a pathetic post.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

what a great man manager on 18:37 - Aug 11 with 885 viewsshingle

what a great man manager on 18:27 - Aug 11 by raynor94

Seriously, what a pathetic post.

See i said you would become more and more agitated once the realisation on just how clueless about Martin you have been sets in.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 18:37]
what a great man manager on 19:25 - Aug 11 with 835 viewsCatullus

what a great man manager on 18:37 - Aug 11 by shingle

See i said you would become more and more agitated once the realisation on just how clueless about Martin you have been sets in.

He's agitated about your poor post mun. Why have ypu got to attack the poster? Lots of people are unhappy about martin but we ALL should support a new manager in the beginning.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

what a great man manager on 20:08 - Aug 11 with 827 viewsraynor94

what a great man manager on 18:37 - Aug 11 by shingle

And you needed to edit that, I have seen far worse managers than Martin over the years.

But it's known as supporting your club, he was entitled to show what he could do this season, and this moment in time it's not great.

You be careful not to catch a chill on that high horse

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

what a great man manager on 22:03 - Aug 11 with 784 viewsvetchonian

what a great man manager on 20:08 - Aug 11 by raynor94

And you needed to edit that, I have seen far worse managers than Martin over the years.

But it's known as supporting your club, he was entitled to show what he could do this season, and this moment in time it's not great.

You be careful not to catch a chill on that high horse

I've witnessed some crap managers here too but some tried to make a better first of things with far less talented players than this fraud

what a great man manager on 22:58 - Aug 11 with 768 viewsBillyChong

what a great man manager on 16:36 - Aug 11 by ReslovenSwan1

I alway post with mentality. My mentality is not to accept sloppy narratives s gospel. Martin needed time and some new players to turn the corner. Over a year into the project I expect to see good performances and wins. No signs of that yet. No improvement.

The objective was something Huw jenkins achieved over 2 or 3 seasons. It is very ambitious and possibly beyond Martin. I would give Martin extra time if he was using local players, But he is not. He is sending them away in the fake idea they will become Swansea players in the future.

So by your logic if Jenkins was the reason for that successful objective the yanks are the reason for this failing objective?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024