Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rules of Engagement: Johnalot 21:36 - Aug 11 with 2402 viewsAndyCole

It would be good to get some clarity from you on the current Rules of what's acceptable to post and what isn't.

I absolutely get the Charity thread sentiment posted by Keith. However when it gets to the stage that far more intelligent folk than you are confused by your modus operandi on here nowadays, you need to act, and provide some clarity.

Many threads have been deleted by you. Many posts have been deleted - all without rationale nor explanation. Confusion abounds.

I have recently had a fair few posts deleted by you - with no explanation, whatsoever. Yet similar posts by less intelligent happy clapper sheeple are not deleted. What the heck ?

For the avoidance of doubt, John - Please set out, in your own words, the current Rules of Engagement, John.

TIA......

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 11:06 - Aug 12 with 834 viewspencoedjack

Well done John as others have said its a thankless task.

I guess those who question it should take a look at themselves.
Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 11:38 - Aug 12 with 792 viewsKeithHaynes

I think I should add as it has been mentioned. The non football forum actually generates very little compared to the football board and nowhere near the views collected on the features and reports pages.

This forum is a labour of love, it generates literally not a lot.

The main features pages which run through all manner of news agencies, Google etc represent some 90% of our work. This site won’t die based on a few adjustments on here to make it a more pleasant place to be. It is nowhere near like it was, and will never go back there. That may lose us a number of posters, and that’s a shame, but it will gain us more posters and new members if they feel they can post here comfortably and without hassle.

I did reach out to a few posters who reacted to the post regards these slight changes last week. None bothered to reply or put a view forwards, so that tells me all I need to know. This site won’t die on these decisions of late, its impossible as I’ve explained.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 12:04 - Aug 12 with 754 viewsDJack

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 10:45 - Aug 12 by KeithHaynes

Nobody has been banned for questioning the moderation, just for abuse.

Aye, that's fine but he was basicallytrying to browbeat SJ to do as he wanted...that's verging on bullying. Additionally I was not asking for a ban but I was pointing out howrelaxed the moderation is and that this also works in Andys favour.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 12:28 - Aug 12 with 741 viewsItchySphincter

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 09:56 - Aug 12 by Sirjohnalot

As I said, I’m trying to keep everyone happy, trying to make the site a decent experience for everyone.

I’ll get things wrong, I’ll delete stuff I shouldn’t, I’ll let stuff go I should delete, but please let’s put things in perspective, this is not the Houses of Parliament or newspapers being censored, it’s a football forum, it’s not censorship, I’m trying to do my best when I’m free.

Not going to wait to please everyone, as that is not going to happen.

Don’t worry SJ you’re doing fab job. The poster who’s goading you here followed me about relentlessly after a light hearted quip a couple of years ago, and another has to go around down voting all my posts. Proper crybabies, the irony is lush. I haven’t seen these hateful posts aimed at Perch, but I’ll keep an eye out. Keep up the good work. 👍🏻

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 12:37 - Aug 12 with 729 viewsonehunglow

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 12:28 - Aug 12 by ItchySphincter

Don’t worry SJ you’re doing fab job. The poster who’s goading you here followed me about relentlessly after a light hearted quip a couple of years ago, and another has to go around down voting all my posts. Proper crybabies, the irony is lush. I haven’t seen these hateful posts aimed at Perch, but I’ll keep an eye out. Keep up the good work. 👍🏻

You don’t have to look far Itchy.
First,remember that perch was killed off by scousejack then recall just who could not handle scouse’s critique.

Anyone referring to perch or any former usernames has let their guard down.

There won’t be any minutes taken of my meet with Jonny loads but I aim to be it a day he will find memorable

Pity yiu couldn’t get your arse up north. It’s great mun.

Candy floss, toffee apple,fortune told and the might Wurlitzer

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 12:43 - Aug 12 with 725 viewsGwyn737

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 10:09 - Aug 12 by Treforys_Jack

If someone is continually getting posts deleted then they should probably look at what they post and the tone in which they post, rather than harangue the mods.

Perfect.

There are posts I may not disagree with but I won’t engage as I think they’re unnecessarily aggressive. Not a problem. That’s my choice.

IMHO the pitch on here is spot on 95+% of the time, which is an extraordinary hit rate for anything on the net.

Good work all.
Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 12:44 - Aug 12 with 725 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I do think it a bit silly that the Ukraine thread was banned because it had run its course despite the events there still being the number one issue happening in the world today. It’s driving everything from the inflation, price rises, cost of energy, tensions in Taiwan. Its creeping tentacles stretch out to touch every corner of the world and these next few months will shape that region and the planet for a century or more.

Yet we aren’t allowed to talk about it?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 13:10 - Aug 12 with 702 viewsKeithHaynes

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 12:04 - Aug 12 by DJack

Aye, that's fine but he was basicallytrying to browbeat SJ to do as he wanted...that's verging on bullying. Additionally I was not asking for a ban but I was pointing out howrelaxed the moderation is and that this also works in Andys favour.

That I can’t disagree with, in all cases of course.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 13:16 - Aug 12 with 686 viewsFlashberryjack

Every site has to have a certain amount of moderation, and quite rightly so.

But, it must be balanced moderation, and certainly not influenced by the moderators personal political views (especially on the non football board).

Sirjohn has made no secret of his strong political leanings, as long as they don't cloud his judgment on what is censored and what isn't, I'm fine with that.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 13:17 - Aug 12 with 686 viewsBoundy

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 12:44 - Aug 12 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I do think it a bit silly that the Ukraine thread was banned because it had run its course despite the events there still being the number one issue happening in the world today. It’s driving everything from the inflation, price rises, cost of energy, tensions in Taiwan. Its creeping tentacles stretch out to touch every corner of the world and these next few months will shape that region and the planet for a century or more.

Yet we aren’t allowed to talk about it?

Is the war over , I missed have that momentous event . Maybe it’s because the so called Goliath of the east is currently taking a shoeing by its very noisy but effective neighbour

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 13:22 - Aug 12 with 682 viewsAndyCole

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 05:54 - Aug 12 by Sirjohnalot

Andy, you continually call people ‘sheeple’ ‘twp’ etc. The post I deleted of yours was one of those.

Any posts where you have a pop at me, I’ll either reply to or if ott, ignore.

This is not an exam, I’m not going to write an essay giving examples or what and what it not acceptable, it’s just common sense. Just post respectfully to other people, don’t call them thick or ‘sheeple’ and it’s all good.

All I’m doing to trying to help the site.

John, thanks for taking the time to respond.  I'm not looking for conflict, simply seeking clarity and consistency. 

Thanks for clarifying why my posts have been deleted - 'sheeple and 'twp' have been pretty much standard fayre on here for yonks. And not deleted til very recently it seems.

- many folk enjoy and get 'sheeple', including a few key notables here. Never once has anyone pointed out not to use it
-'Twp' - 'twp' became part of the accepted nomenclature here (for me) when you yourself endorsed it yonks ago - you said it was an old favourite of yours etc etc

I'll now look to narrow not broaden folks' vocabulary here ......

Hopefully see you at Blackpool.......

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 14:28 - Aug 12 with 621 viewsSirjohnalot

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 13:16 - Aug 12 by Flashberryjack

Every site has to have a certain amount of moderation, and quite rightly so.

But, it must be balanced moderation, and certainly not influenced by the moderators personal political views (especially on the non football board).

Sirjohn has made no secret of his strong political leanings, as long as they don't cloud his judgment on what is censored and what isn't, I'm fine with that.

Couldn't agree more
Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 14:29 - Aug 12 with 613 viewsSirjohnalot

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 13:22 - Aug 12 by AndyCole

John, thanks for taking the time to respond.  I'm not looking for conflict, simply seeking clarity and consistency. 

Thanks for clarifying why my posts have been deleted - 'sheeple and 'twp' have been pretty much standard fayre on here for yonks. And not deleted til very recently it seems.

- many folk enjoy and get 'sheeple', including a few key notables here. Never once has anyone pointed out not to use it
-'Twp' - 'twp' became part of the accepted nomenclature here (for me) when you yourself endorsed it yonks ago - you said it was an old favourite of yours etc etc

I'll now look to narrow not broaden folks' vocabulary here ......

Hopefully see you at Blackpool.......

Absolutely, it's not far away from me, so easy trip
Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 16:42 - Aug 12 with 550 viewsonehunglow

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 14:29 - Aug 12 by Sirjohnalot

Absolutely, it's not far away from me, so easy trip

I'm not sure we could find a hotel for such a tryst ,you ,me AC;It'd need more notice .I'll try air bnb

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 22:51 - Aug 12 with 457 viewsAndyCole

Rules of Engagement: Johnalot on 00:14 - Aug 12 by Treforys_Jack

A general rule of thumb would be to treat all posters respectfully, treat people as you would like your wife, son, daughter etc. to be treated. if you don't understand that, then there's not much can be done to help you.

Post confrontationally and you'll get it back no doubt, basically you set the tone.

I respectfully point out the line in your initial post "However when it gets to the stage that far more intelligent folk than you" this is confrontational and uncalled for.

Keep it up SirJohnalot, doing a great job in a thankless task.

That has to be your best post TJ, fair play.

That's precisely how I see it - Everything I say I would say face to face, down the local pub / at the game etc - it SO has to be the mantra.

A football fans' forum ought to be the next best thing to popping down the local football club bar - proper banter, heated chat, arguments, handbags, etc etc; the odd oppo fans in the mix; etc.

However, over-modding can dilute that experience, massively.

A football fans forum ain't Mumsnet. Some folk need to grow a pair.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024