Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stevenage (a) Match Thread 07:59 - Aug 16 with 31580 viewsHullDale

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 12:43 - Aug 18 with 2045 viewsbluevein64

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 09:46 - Aug 18 by AtThePeake

How many times as he told us he's been displeased with the performances after a game only for the next game to be exactly the same? Whether he's telling the players or not, the message simply isn't getting across.

In 2022 we've played 14 away games. We drew 0-0 with a woeful performance against an eventually relegated Oldham, beat a Scunthorpe side that finished 18 points adrift of safety and won a dead rubber against a Newport side that were already on the beach.

Every one of the remaining 11 away games has followed the same pattern of failing to create chances, failing to defend properly, failing to show any fight or belief and ultimately being rolled over by a team that's barely had to get out of first gear.

The only thing that's changed away from home since January is now, instead of being honest and saying he was displeased with performances, he's decided he's better off spouting nonsense about 'competing' and 'deserving a draw' when we've had one shot on target.

If he couldn't change it in January, why does anyone think he can after 8 months of the same thing happening time and time and time again? We all wanted it to work out, it hasn't worked out, it's time for him to go.

Our only hope now is that this squad he has built does actually have some potential that another manager can get the best out of. I remain unconvinced - but whoever replaces him would struggle to do worse, frankly.

For me, that says it all - I'm truly sorry that it hasn't worked out for Robbie but it's now time for him to seek pastures new !
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 14:13 - Aug 18 with 1835 viewsAtThePeake

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 12:30 - Aug 18 by lurker

Think I recall Emma Hayes rather rudely turning down Wimbledon when they last were searching for a manager. Her aims are higher, whether that works out for her or not.

I think her point was that it was rude to suggest it would be a step up to leave a club where she's won five league titles and reached the Champions League final to join a club like Wimbledon (or Rochdale, which I'd argue is even less appealing given we're now favourites for relegation from L2 and Wimbledon were in L1 at the time of this story).

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12206672/emma-hayes-shuts-down-afc

Tangled up in blue.

Stevenage (a) Match Thread (n/t) on 15:51 - Aug 18 with 1593 viewselectricblue

Stevenage (a) Match Thread (n/t) on 11:13 - Aug 17 by Dalenet

[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 11:14]

I watched that last night and it does not come across that well.
Perhaps Hendo is really frustrated and angry and was holding back.

He knows, the squad knows, the management damn well should know that performance is unacceptable.
RS will know he and Shand are on borrowed time now and changes must be made or they could just well be sacked sunday....

Anybody know why Shand isnt doing any of the post match interviews!
It would interesting to hear what he says.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 23:12 - Aug 18 with 1035 viewsClivert

Without wanting to get involved in any spats I do seem to remember that Flitcroft, Jimmy Bell and Chris Beech being interviewed on a semi regular basis, I even recall Lee Riley with the mic in his hand at one of the forums.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 23:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024