Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Visit to the cottage 19:41 - Aug 20 with 12000 viewsStreathamRanger

Mate gave me his season tickets to Fulham today. In the Putney end right next to the Brentford fans. Not been to craven cottage since watching us there with Rob Steiner in attack around 1999. They've smartened the place up a bit. Lovely ground.
Thought it was a bit odd going through the same turnstiles as the Brentford fans but both sets of fans seemed to mix without any bother.
Was glorious seeing the Brentford goal disallowed by VAR. Their fans fans think they're the dogs bollocks so I was delighted when Mitrovic banged in a late winner to ruin their day.
Sitting next to a bloke in Burgundy shoes, burgundy trousers and a burgundy shirt. Wonder if it was our mate Konk. Crowd seemed a bit more Rugby/Cricket then what I'm used to at Loftus Road although that may have just been the stand I was in. All in all a good day out. Nice watching a game with nothing really riding on it after the disappointment of watching us against Blackpool on Tuesday.
Visit to the cottage on 22:00 - Aug 20 with 2585 viewsLadbrokeR

Visit to the cottage on 20:32 - Aug 20 by stainrods_elbow

Call me, old-fashioned (again) but I thought this was a QPR fans forum, not a floating fans board for supporters who are happy enough to go and watch Fulham rather than their own team. Weird!

Exactly that
Visit to the cottage on 22:06 - Aug 20 with 2553 viewsStreathamRanger

Visit to the cottage on 21:59 - Aug 20 by Damo1962

I am more dismayed that Fulham v Brentford was a 3rd tier fixture when I was regularly watching QPR. How fortunes have changed.

An awful lot of tourists there today. Don't remember that many tourists at Loftus Road last time we were in the premier league.
Visit to the cottage on 22:12 - Aug 20 with 2524 viewsDamo1962

Visit to the cottage on 22:06 - Aug 20 by StreathamRanger

An awful lot of tourists there today. Don't remember that many tourists at Loftus Road last time we were in the premier league.

Indeed. Don't think our not fit for purpose stadium helped us.
Visit to the cottage on 22:21 - Aug 20 with 2478 viewsStreathamRanger

Visit to the cottage on 22:12 - Aug 20 by Damo1962

Indeed. Don't think our not fit for purpose stadium helped us.

It did make me wonder if the state of Loftus Road maybe puts some potential players off signing for us. Most players aren't fans of the clubs they play for, it's a job. Given the stadium is part of their workplace I do wonder if some look at Loftus Road and weigh that up in their decision on whether to sign for us or go elsewhere where maybe the stadiums have better facilities for them and their families. Of course, those that sign talk about what a special atmosphere there is at Loftus Road but that's probably largely fed to them by the media team.

I'm sure, back in the day, there was a rumour we were after Baggio. Legend has it he came to Loftus Road and commented on what a nice reserve team ground we had assuming that we had a proper stadium somewhere down the road. Probably a load of rubbish but made me laugh at the time.
Visit to the cottage on 22:23 - Aug 20 with 2467 viewsdistortR

mate, no problem with you choosing to go there if thats what you wanted, but,in footballing terms, surely you were a tourist?!
Visit to the cottage on 22:24 - Aug 20 with 2440 viewsDamo1962

Visit to the cottage on 22:21 - Aug 20 by StreathamRanger

It did make me wonder if the state of Loftus Road maybe puts some potential players off signing for us. Most players aren't fans of the clubs they play for, it's a job. Given the stadium is part of their workplace I do wonder if some look at Loftus Road and weigh that up in their decision on whether to sign for us or go elsewhere where maybe the stadiums have better facilities for them and their families. Of course, those that sign talk about what a special atmosphere there is at Loftus Road but that's probably largely fed to them by the media team.

I'm sure, back in the day, there was a rumour we were after Baggio. Legend has it he came to Loftus Road and commented on what a nice reserve team ground we had assuming that we had a proper stadium somewhere down the road. Probably a load of rubbish but made me laugh at the time.

Probably a grain of truth in that. We have probably the worst stadium in London.
Visit to the cottage on 22:25 - Aug 20 with 2446 viewsStreathamRanger

Visit to the cottage on 22:23 - Aug 20 by distortR

mate, no problem with you choosing to go there if thats what you wanted, but,in footballing terms, surely you were a tourist?!

Good point!
Visit to the cottage on 22:30 - Aug 20 with 2426 viewsDannyPaddox

Login to get fewer ads

Visit to the cottage on 22:33 - Aug 20 with 2406 viewsconnell10

Visit to the cottage on 22:24 - Aug 20 by Damo1962

Probably a grain of truth in that. We have probably the worst stadium in London.

But one with a unique atmosphere.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Visit to the cottage on 22:39 - Aug 20 with 2382 viewsStreathamRanger

Visit to the cottage on 22:33 - Aug 20 by connell10

But one with a unique atmosphere.

Which no doubt means a lot to all of us who've been watching football there for decades but is your average footballer more impressed by parking facilities for his Porsche or Bentley or nice lounges for the family and friends than by 15,000 poor souls screaming and shouting under a set of cheap underpowered floodlights? Who knows, I don't know any professional footballers so I might just be talking rubbish.
Visit to the cottage on 22:40 - Aug 20 with 2379 viewsted_hendrix

*Don't remember that many tourists at Loftus Road last time we were in the premier league.*

I remember Koreans on the odd Occassion in the Lower Loft, they came complete with little flags, used to get mentioned on here too.

I was gonna try and learn the Korean language but we got relegated and everything went back to normal.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Visit to the cottage on 22:50 - Aug 20 with 2340 viewsDannyPaddox

I taught myself to say:

모두 환영합니다. 하지만 맨체스터 유나이티드 셔츠를 벗어주세요

Modu hwan-yeonghabnida. hajiman maencheseuteo yunaitideu syeocheuleul beos-eojuseyo

Everyone is welcome here but please take that Manchester United shirt off

Okay I didn’t. I just Google-translated it.
Visit to the cottage on 22:58 - Aug 20 with 2302 viewsslmrstid

I wasnt going to post here tonight but felt compelled to reading some of this...Streatham you have nothing to apologise for. Some of those having a go at you just need to get a bit of a life frankly and get over themselves.

If I didnt have a ST at QPR, didnt have much cash, and was offered some free tickets for a Premier League game to take my kids to (not that I have any!), I'd have probably done the same, regardless of if its Arsenal, Leicester or Fulham. It doesnt make you any less of a QPR fan either.

Crikey some people are weird.
Visit to the cottage on 23:02 - Aug 20 with 2282 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Visit to the cottage on 22:58 - Aug 20 by slmrstid

I wasnt going to post here tonight but felt compelled to reading some of this...Streatham you have nothing to apologise for. Some of those having a go at you just need to get a bit of a life frankly and get over themselves.

If I didnt have a ST at QPR, didnt have much cash, and was offered some free tickets for a Premier League game to take my kids to (not that I have any!), I'd have probably done the same, regardless of if its Arsenal, Leicester or Fulham. It doesnt make you any less of a QPR fan either.

For me the contentious issue isn't that he went to watch Fulham v Brentford or whoever.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Visit to the cottage on 23:07 - Aug 20 with 2259 viewsStreathamRanger

Thanks. But I can see where Clive Wilson's coming from as well. With hindsight I probably shouldn't have posted it as I'm not really sure what the purpose was and especially with the current general mood around this place. Anyway, no hard feelings to anyone, we're all QPR fans after all.
Visit to the cottage on 23:26 - Aug 20 with 2198 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Visit to the cottage on 23:07 - Aug 20 by StreathamRanger

Thanks. But I can see where Clive Wilson's coming from as well. With hindsight I probably shouldn't have posted it as I'm not really sure what the purpose was and especially with the current general mood around this place. Anyway, no hard feelings to anyone, we're all QPR fans after all.

No worries mate. I've posted all kinds of sh!t on here!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Visit to the cottage on 00:00 - Aug 21 with 2133 viewsplasmahoop

From my point of view, take the freebie all day long. I've averaged one game a month for years at qpr. But I've been in a box at spurs, Brighton and Gillingham . If they're free then they're an add on. If the original poster is having a freebie at Fulham, he might have the money to come to qpr and take his kids another day, it's not detracting from his support of qpr. If he hadn't have gone to fulham he wasn't necessarily automatically going to buy 4 tickets for todays game.
Visit to the cottage on 00:13 - Aug 21 with 2119 viewsthame_hoops

Visit to the cottage on 22:40 - Aug 20 by ted_hendrix

*Don't remember that many tourists at Loftus Road last time we were in the premier league.*

I remember Koreans on the odd Occassion in the Lower Loft, they came complete with little flags, used to get mentioned on here too.

I was gonna try and learn the Korean language but we got relegated and everything went back to normal.

I’m usually in the paddocks, but went with a mate who got two tickets in ellerslie . We were sat behind some Koreans that filmed the whole game on an iPad.
Visit to the cottage on 08:56 - Aug 21 with 1941 viewsDorse

Visit to the cottage on 20:59 - Aug 20 by StreathamRanger

No idea what he's moaning about as I've got him on ignore. To be fair I probably should have read the room and maybe not posted about watching two of our West London rivals. Like Clive said in his preview, this country's gone to shit and everyone's just so angry so not surprised at the negative reaction. Apologies to those who were upset by my visit to Craven cottage.

What was the paté like? Did they use sourdough crostini? Do they still have silver service? Did the footman take your coat? What port did they serve? Oh God, they didn't serve a 1984 Graham's Ne Oublie without letting it breathe did they? Did they find out you weren't a Harrow boy?

Come on Streatham! Details, man!
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 9:10]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Visit to the cottage on 08:58 - Aug 21 with 1937 viewsDorse

I'm not. It's everybody else.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Visit to the cottage on 10:32 - Aug 21 with 1839 viewsThe_Beast1976

Visit to the cottage on 21:59 - Aug 20 by Damo1962

I am more dismayed that Fulham v Brentford was a 3rd tier fixture when I was regularly watching QPR. How fortunes have changed.

Precisely this. In fact, it was 4th tier I think at some point in the late 80s/early 90s when I was a teenager going to Loftus Road for top tier football. If you had said to me then that in 30 odd years Fulham v Brentford would be a top tier fixture I'd have thought you were off yer rocker
Visit to the cottage on 11:07 - Aug 21 with 1804 viewsDannyPaddox

Visit to the cottage on 08:56 - Aug 21 by Dorse

What was the paté like? Did they use sourdough crostini? Do they still have silver service? Did the footman take your coat? What port did they serve? Oh God, they didn't serve a 1984 Graham's Ne Oublie without letting it breathe did they? Did they find out you weren't a Harrow boy?

Come on Streatham! Details, man!
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 9:10]

Fulham spent a lot of money pre-season on Sourdough Crostini. He hasn’t even come off the bench yet.
Visit to the cottage on 11:56 - Aug 21 with 1755 viewsdistortR

Visit to the cottage on 11:07 - Aug 21 by DannyPaddox

Fulham spent a lot of money pre-season on Sourdough Crostini. He hasn’t even come off the bench yet.

Pane Toscano was keeping the bench warm besides him. Meanwhile Man Utd are said to be interested in Certosino?
Visit to the cottage on 12:18 - Aug 21 with 1722 viewsdenhamhoop2

Visit to the cottage on 21:39 - Aug 20 by thame_hoops

Agent undercover! I do this regularly at Villa Park as I get freebies from work mates. Makes a pleasant change, I think anyway.

Edit- come on guys, ya’ll nosh off konk yet you’re giving a rangers fan stick?!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 21:42]

Might be the fact that Konk actually goes and supports HIS team Fulham whereas Streatham has gone to watch a different game on a day Rangers are at home.
Visit to the cottage on 12:45 - Aug 21 with 1696 viewsDixie_CT

Each to their own man. Free tickets compared to the £30 - £50 minimum to goto QPR with kids. Why not? Hope you had a good day Streatham.

Back in the day I went with my mates to Man City v Fulham at Maine Road whilst QPR played Bury and Iain Dowie scored in a 1-1 draw. Hope that doesn’t reduce my QPR fan points with the W12 Gestapo!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024