Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Visit to the cottage 19:41 - Aug 20 with 12001 viewsStreathamRanger

Mate gave me his season tickets to Fulham today. In the Putney end right next to the Brentford fans. Not been to craven cottage since watching us there with Rob Steiner in attack around 1999. They've smartened the place up a bit. Lovely ground.
Thought it was a bit odd going through the same turnstiles as the Brentford fans but both sets of fans seemed to mix without any bother.
Was glorious seeing the Brentford goal disallowed by VAR. Their fans fans think they're the dogs bollocks so I was delighted when Mitrovic banged in a late winner to ruin their day.
Sitting next to a bloke in Burgundy shoes, burgundy trousers and a burgundy shirt. Wonder if it was our mate Konk. Crowd seemed a bit more Rugby/Cricket then what I'm used to at Loftus Road although that may have just been the stand I was in. All in all a good day out. Nice watching a game with nothing really riding on it after the disappointment of watching us against Blackpool on Tuesday.
Visit to the cottage on 12:53 - Aug 21 with 2446 viewsMedwayR

Visit to the cottage on 22:58 - Aug 20 by slmrstid

I wasnt going to post here tonight but felt compelled to reading some of this...Streatham you have nothing to apologise for. Some of those having a go at you just need to get a bit of a life frankly and get over themselves.

If I didnt have a ST at QPR, didnt have much cash, and was offered some free tickets for a Premier League game to take my kids to (not that I have any!), I'd have probably done the same, regardless of if its Arsenal, Leicester or Fulham. It doesnt make you any less of a QPR fan either.

Crikey some people are weird.

100% this.

Poll: Who’s better?

Visit to the cottage on 13:36 - Aug 21 with 2352 viewsswitchingcode

I was there too 😕and to answer your question on VaR it’s gut wrenching when you get a goal wiped out but it’s one of the many negatives when you get to the so called promised land.Thought the stadium looks great and the new riverside stand is impressive Fulham one of my favourite away games.Was with a mix of bees and Fulham mates before and after which apart from the result made for an enjoyable day out.Fulham edged it overall was my take not the best of atmospheres for a local derby.Oh and yes I also think we are the dogs bollox like normal fans of all clubs do when they are doing well check out the some fans on here back In January.
Visit to the cottage on 13:51 - Aug 21 with 2344 viewsDannyPaddox

If he’s not getting games is it worth a cheeky nibble?
Visit to the cottage on 14:16 - Aug 21 with 2310 viewskensalriser

Visit to the cottage on 13:51 - Aug 21 by DannyPaddox

If he’s not getting games is it worth a cheeky nibble?

I think he's gone a bit stale there to be honest and could probably do with some fresh starter.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Visit to the cottage on 18:26 - Aug 21 with 2147 viewseastside_r

Visit to the cottage on 22:58 - Aug 20 by slmrstid

I wasnt going to post here tonight but felt compelled to reading some of this...Streatham you have nothing to apologise for. Some of those having a go at you just need to get a bit of a life frankly and get over themselves.

If I didnt have a ST at QPR, didnt have much cash, and was offered some free tickets for a Premier League game to take my kids to (not that I have any!), I'd have probably done the same, regardless of if its Arsenal, Leicester or Fulham. It doesnt make you any less of a QPR fan either.

Crikey some people are weird.

Yeah don’t get the bile but don’t get the action either when YOUR team is playing down the road but then again I have had an ST for 30 straight seasons. (I think that I may have mentioned this before!)
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 18:27]
Visit to the cottage on 19:09 - Aug 21 with 2074 viewsGroveR

Visit to the cottage on 18:26 - Aug 21 by eastside_r

Yeah don’t get the bile but don’t get the action either when YOUR team is playing down the road but then again I have had an ST for 30 straight seasons. (I think that I may have mentioned this before!)
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 18:27]

I've been to every London ground as an 'away' supporter in the 80s when Rangers were in holiday destinations like Blackburn and Rotherham. Not because I wanted to, but I had family over from Ireland for the weekend who wanted to watch a game in London.

Led to many awkward situations where we'd go to games like Leeds (who I fùcking hate) were playing Chel*** (who I fùcking hate) at Scumford Bridge and I was punching myself in the dìck for 90 minutes, hating my Irish family and wishing I was in Rotherham.
Visit to the cottage on 19:35 - Aug 21 with 2020 viewsCamberleyR

Visit to the cottage on 22:24 - Aug 20 by Damo1962

Probably a grain of truth in that. We have probably the worst stadium in London.

I think Selhurst Park runs it close.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Visit to the cottage on 19:52 - Aug 21 with 1989 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Visit to the cottage on 00:13 - Aug 21 by thame_hoops

I’m usually in the paddocks, but went with a mate who got two tickets in ellerslie . We were sat behind some Koreans that filmed the whole game on an iPad.

There's a challenge for Boston...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Visit to the cottage on 22:19 - Aug 21 with 1883 viewsR_from_afar

Visit to the cottage on 20:59 - Aug 20 by StreathamRanger

No idea what he's moaning about as I've got him on ignore. To be fair I probably should have read the room and maybe not posted about watching two of our West London rivals. Like Clive said in his preview, this country's gone to shit and everyone's just so angry so not surprised at the negative reaction. Apologies to those who were upset by my visit to Craven cottage.

I found the insight you posted interesting, a bit of an undercover mission.

It was also obvious from the title what this thread was going to cover so people could easily have avoided it if it was not to their liking.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Visit to the cottage on 22:38 - Aug 21 with 1856 viewsqprxtc

Streatham. You do what the hell you want to do. And if you fancy, post it on here.

Whether or not QPR happen to be home or not.

It may be a QPR message board but it doesn’t have to have to be exclusively so.

Live, love and be free.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 22:39]
Visit to the cottage on 07:19 - Aug 22 with 1764 viewsStreathamRanger

Visit to the cottage on 22:38 - Aug 21 by qprxtc

Streatham. You do what the hell you want to do. And if you fancy, post it on here.

Whether or not QPR happen to be home or not.

It may be a QPR message board but it doesn’t have to have to be exclusively so.

Live, love and be free.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 22:39]

Thanks mate, love your positivity!
Visit to the cottage on 12:17 - Aug 22 with 1648 viewsDavieQPR

Back in the 60's no one could afford away days so when Rangers weren't at home we used to go all over London to see players like Haynes or Tambling play. Even saw Stanley Matthews play for Stoke at Stamford Bridge.
Visit to the cottage on 14:48 - Aug 22 with 1552 viewsswitchingcode

Visit to the cottage on 12:17 - Aug 22 by DavieQPR

Back in the 60's no one could afford away days so when Rangers weren't at home we used to go all over London to see players like Haynes or Tambling play. Even saw Stanley Matthews play for Stoke at Stamford Bridge.

Very true used to do the same when Brentford were away.I was at that game as a kid to see Stanley Matthews play my dear old dad took me remember we got in 90 mins before kick off to get a decent spot then a massive bloke came and stood right in front of me where I was perched on a crash barrier and my dad got him to move on.Think there was 80,000 there for a 2 nd division game might be wrong though.
Visit to the cottage on 15:11 - Aug 22 with 1516 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I went to see Brentford Wycombe one boxing day as we were in Plymouth and there is no f'king way I'm ever going to Plymouth by coach again.

It was a great game 1- 3 Wycombe with Brentfords fullback beeing (sorry) sent off and I've just looked up the year 2007!

The bloke behind clocked the Rangers and started singing "We hate QPR" all on his own like a private performance. It was never threatening and everyone else left him to it.
Edin looked up 2006/7 not 2007/8 twas Plymouth.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 15:17]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Visit to the cottage on 15:20 - Aug 22 with 1485 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Visit to the cottage on 15:11 - Aug 22 by Metallica_Hoop

I went to see Brentford Wycombe one boxing day as we were in Plymouth and there is no f'king way I'm ever going to Plymouth by coach again.

It was a great game 1- 3 Wycombe with Brentfords fullback beeing (sorry) sent off and I've just looked up the year 2007!

The bloke behind clocked the Rangers and started singing "We hate QPR" all on his own like a private performance. It was never threatening and everyone else left him to it.
Edin looked up 2006/7 not 2007/8 twas Plymouth.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 15:17]

It was Plymouth according to this. You need to scroll down to see the results.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%9308_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Visit to the cottage on 16:27 - Aug 22 with 1396 viewsterryb

Visit to the cottage on 14:48 - Aug 22 by switchingcode

Very true used to do the same when Brentford were away.I was at that game as a kid to see Stanley Matthews play my dear old dad took me remember we got in 90 mins before kick off to get a decent spot then a massive bloke came and stood right in front of me where I was perched on a crash barrier and my dad got him to move on.Think there was 80,000 there for a 2 nd division game might be wrong though.

From memory, I think The Pensioners won the league that night & Stoke missed out on promotion.

I wasn't there, but my brother was another one in the crowd that didn't support either team.
Visit to the cottage on 17:39 - Aug 22 with 1336 viewsdenhamhoop2

Visit to the cottage on 16:27 - Aug 22 by terryb

From memory, I think The Pensioners won the league that night & Stoke missed out on promotion.

I wasn't there, but my brother was another one in the crowd that didn't support either team.

Just googled it and 66000 at Stamford Bridge but Stoke actually won the division with Chelscum runners up with Tommy Docherty as an up and coming young coach
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024