Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
About referee decisions go against Saints 17:33 - Aug 27 with 4658 viewswemarch

1st half didn't play advantage and 2nd half a obvious hand ball inside penalty area. I dont seem to remember Saints are favored in key match deciding refereeing decisons in many cases. I had thought of this before but today I felt I get to a point that I had enough pethaps because we playe so well and we didnt get anything from the game.

Many teams in PL must had these how to win referee favor sessions in training, I felt as a relative young and inexperienced team, we could most likely to benefit and definetly win many points if we did.

We lost Newcastle last year because they tricked and break match rythem last season 2nd leg and we are just so obeysive to some referee decision and just watched them break our rythrm. Today, when referee didnt give penalty, someone on the pitch or off the pitch should have break the game rather than played on as if nothing happened. We were just too honest in front of the referee. I see some experienced players just kick the ball out, stop the game by holding ball under arm, and so on...

I felt it comes to a time that we should start thinking of inflencing referee decisions on and off the pitch to favor us especially in a game we.could have win something. Just watch what MU players surrounding referees even when they are winning and decisions not favor them.

Hope someone from the club sees this and feedback to coachung team. hahaha......

About referee decisions go against Saints on 17:38 - Aug 27 with 4231 viewsSaintsforeverj

That was a penalty. I agree that we should have surrounded the ref, got in his face screaming, have a look at the monitor. The Saints players just accepted it, far too nice. But having said that, there is VAR, it was a clear penalty and they bottled it because it's Man United. Same thing happened at Man City, clear penalty that was overuled.

They are corrupt because they want the big clubs at the top because they attract the interest and bring in the £££.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About referee decisions go against Saints on 17:49 - Aug 27 with 4208 viewswemarch

About referee decisions go against Saints on 17:38 - Aug 27 by Saintsforeverj

That was a penalty. I agree that we should have surrounded the ref, got in his face screaming, have a look at the monitor. The Saints players just accepted it, far too nice. But having said that, there is VAR, it was a clear penalty and they bottled it because it's Man United. Same thing happened at Man City, clear penalty that was overuled.

They are corrupt because they want the big clubs at the top because they attract the interest and bring in the £££.

We still need to give referees pressure and not accepting this like we are too lame and too nice, the stubbon referee(I can't remember his name now) went from media huge pressure last season and new referees should treat us like sheep again.
About referee decisions go against Saints on 17:55 - Aug 27 with 4191 viewsSaintsforeverj

About referee decisions go against Saints on 17:49 - Aug 27 by wemarch

We still need to give referees pressure and not accepting this like we are too lame and too nice, the stubbon referee(I can't remember his name now) went from media huge pressure last season and new referees should treat us like sheep again.

I agree but even if we did do that, they probably still wouldn't give the penalty. Dare they upset the football elite, and super star players, nah, the authorities are too scared.

About referee decisions go against Saints on 20:30 - Aug 27 with 4062 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/88052957-scott-mctominay-handba

How is this not handball?

Even ex Man U players saying it was handball.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/foot
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 20:32]

About referee decisions go against Saints on 23:09 - Aug 27 with 3942 viewsBicester_North

About referee decisions go against Saints on 20:30 - Aug 27 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/88052957-scott-mctominay-handba

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/foot

The poster on here called Heisenberg begs to differ and “us lot” of supporters would be infuriated if it was given up the other end

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About referee decisions go against Saints on 00:14 - Aug 28 with 3882 viewsBazza

About referee decisions go against Saints on 23:09 - Aug 27 by Bicester_North

The poster on here called Heisenberg begs to differ and “us lot” of supporters would be infuriated if it was given up the other end

There’s no doubt, he juggled with the ball. Awful decision.
About referee decisions go against Saints on 12:26 - Aug 28 with 3642 viewsdarthvader

About referee decisions go against Saints on 00:14 - Aug 28 by Bazza

There’s no doubt, he juggled with the ball. Awful decision.

Imagine salisu or moi juggling with the ball at the other end after Ronaldo chested it to control it, just inside our area?

Nailed on they would give it ..

I'm not bitter about losing or their goal which was well worked and he took it well (dissapointed with the result though naturaly)

It's the big team bias that gets in the way of good and fair football matches... and it bloody stinks.

keep the faith coyr

About referee decisions go against Saints on 20:45 - Aug 28 with 3511 viewsElijahK

About referee decisions go against Saints on 17:38 - Aug 27 by Saintsforeverj

They don’t bother with the refs as they know that they won’t influence his decisions once they’re given, and even then Che did literally go straight for the ref after the handball incident (which under the current LOTG wasn’t a pen, hence why many saints fans unfortunately agree with the ref).

As yeah VAR certainly isn’t consistent with everything, and certain teams sure do seem to get more devision in their favour than others, but 99% of the time those would be due to the same 3 refs, and now none of them are involved on the pitch (only in the use of VAR). But it’s just rather the consistency of certain rules that need to change as those handballs won’t be given most of the time this season, but they will sometimes be given and that parts what needs to change with the use of VAR.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Login to get fewer ads

About referee decisions go against Saints on 20:51 - Aug 28 with 3507 viewsElijahK

About referee decisions go against Saints on 20:30 - Aug 27 by Saintsforeverj

Look at best it’s a debatable one, but if VAR stays consistent with this then there’s nothing to complain about. As there’s a reason why most neutrals and even a few saints fans (as well as many refs and saints fans (including some that come under both) and even a few ex saints players that I’ve spoken to today) agree that it wasn’t a handball, as it’s unintentional, he’s got no time to reacts and his hands aren’t in an unnatural position due to the circumstances that they’re in (aka both grabbing and putting each other off).

As look as a saints fan I’d love that to have been given, but also as someone who knows the LOTG, it ain’t a pen. And as long as VAR keeps to that and doesn’t give that against us when we play the likes of Chelsea on Tuesday, then there’s unfortunately not much to complain about.

About referee decisions go against Saints on 21:12 - Aug 28 with 3499 viewsSaintsforeverj

About referee decisions go against Saints on 20:51 - Aug 28 by ElijahK

Look at best it’s a debatable one, but if VAR stays consistent with this then there’s nothing to complain about. As there’s a reason why most neutrals and even a few saints fans (as well as many refs and saints fans (including some that come under both) and even a few ex saints players that I’ve spoken to today) agree that it wasn’t a handball, as it’s unintentional, he’s got no time to reacts and his hands aren’t in an unnatural position due to the circumstances that they’re in (aka both grabbing and putting each other off).

As look as a saints fan I’d love that to have been given, but also as someone who knows the LOTG, it ain’t a pen. And as long as VAR keeps to that and doesn’t give that against us when we play the likes of Chelsea on Tuesday, then there’s unfortunately not much to complain about.

The same incident happened last week, unintentional, no time to react and it was given. So why was it given in this game?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/wright-explains-wh

About referee decisions go against Saints on 22:10 - Aug 28 with 3469 viewsElijahK

About referee decisions go against Saints on 21:12 - Aug 28 by Saintsforeverj

The same incident happened last week, unintentional, no time to react and it was given. So why was it given in this game?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/wright-explains-wh

Yes and I completely agree with Wright for once, as last weeks pen for Palace was no different to that supposed handball in our game against Leicester, as just like this Man U one, none should’ve been given, and unfortunately for us the two that they got right were the two against us, whilst the one they messed up on was the one wasn’t.
As it’s the pen that palace got that is why I’m still a bit frustrated with VAR, as like I said in my original comment, VAR will still give them from time to time where they’ve messed up, which is the reason why VAR still needs to improve and why I’m annoyed about the pen, as yeah they get all the decisions right when they’re against/not for us, but will mess up when it’s vice versa or in other games, which is just annoying.

About referee decisions go against Saints on 22:19 - Aug 28 with 3472 viewsSaintsforeverj

About referee decisions go against Saints on 22:10 - Aug 28 by ElijahK

Yes and I completely agree with Wright for once, as last weeks pen for Palace was no different to that supposed handball in our game against Leicester, as just like this Man U one, none should’ve been given, and unfortunately for us the two that they got right were the two against us, whilst the one they messed up on was the one wasn’t.
As it’s the pen that palace got that is why I’m still a bit frustrated with VAR, as like I said in my original comment, VAR will still give them from time to time where they’ve messed up, which is the reason why VAR still needs to improve and why I’m annoyed about the pen, as yeah they get all the decisions right when they’re against/not for us, but will mess up when it’s vice versa or in other games, which is just annoying.

And last year at Man City, VAR overruled a penalty the ref gave, it was a penalty, so we got done there as well. Funny that isn't it, against two top clubs.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 22:19]

About referee decisions go against Saints on 22:44 - Aug 28 with 3435 viewswemarch

About referee decisions go against Saints on 22:10 - Aug 28 by ElijahK

No wonder people on or off the pitch dont react strongly against that incident, just by looking at your tedious reply I am sick. There is only a simple rule to me that the ball touches someone's hand it is a foul in football. The rest explanations are all BS, simple as that!Imagine if this is outside penalty area, it will be a very easy decision, isnt it?

My point is people from the top need to look into our reaction to decisions on the pitch and start getting players have more strategy to inflence or change game rythem in favor to us. i.e how to deal with opponents overly react to fouls to slow down games when we just pick up pace, when we need to stop the game by kick ball to dead ball or surround refs when theres argueable decusions that can lead to game.changing decisions, how we can break opponent pace by pretend and act, etc.
About referee decisions go against Saints on 23:09 - Aug 28 with 3406 viewsElijahK

About referee decisions go against Saints on 22:19 - Aug 28 by Saintsforeverj

And last year at Man City, VAR overruled a penalty the ref gave, it was a penalty, so we got done there as well. Funny that isn't it, against two top clubs.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 22:19]

Like I said in an earlier comment, those decisions were always the same 3 refs behind those baffling decisions. As yeah it was certainly a penalty, but when it’s one of those 3 (who thankfully aren’t in the middle anymore) it’s not soo much of a surprise

About referee decisions go against Saints on 23:23 - Aug 28 with 3400 viewsElijahK

About referee decisions go against Saints on 22:44 - Aug 28 by wemarch

No wonder people on or off the pitch dont react strongly against that incident, just by looking at your tedious reply I am sick. There is only a simple rule to me that the ball touches someone's hand it is a foul in football. The rest explanations are all BS, simple as that!Imagine if this is outside penalty area, it will be a very easy decision, isnt it?

My point is people from the top need to look into our reaction to decisions on the pitch and start getting players have more strategy to inflence or change game rythem in favor to us. i.e how to deal with opponents overly react to fouls to slow down games when we just pick up pace, when we need to stop the game by kick ball to dead ball or surround refs when theres argueable decusions that can lead to game.changing decisions, how we can break opponent pace by pretend and act, etc.

Yeah well your response just shows how arrogant and uneducated (as what you've said about what you think the handball rule is just shows that soo clearly) many fans are regarding the LOTG, as well as how inconsistent their opinions are. As many didn’t like it a few seasons ago when the ball hitting the hand was almost always automatically a foul (which is what you seem to think the rule is), whilst many others didn't like it when it was down to opinions of when it was intentional or not etc. Which is exactly why they’ve gone with one in the middle where intent isn’t the main thing, but if it just the hand it’s not automatically a foul. As there isn’t any “BS” explanations, hence why many saints fans and neutrals know that it’s not a pen and that it shouldn’t be one ether.

And sorry but players (just like many fans) don’t know a thing about what’s best for the game with regards to the LOTG, as the only thing I’ve ever heard fans suggest that would work perfectly fine is that simulation was a red card offence and that offsides should be just done from the feet to make them clearer. As basically everything else that I’ve heard coaches, players and fans suggest would just lead to other issues/not solve the issue it’s meant to solve, which is why they’ve not changed those laws the ways that have been suggested, whilst previous suggestions of certain rules by fans and players (like offsides, handballs, pass backs etc) over the years have indirectly influenced the LOTG. But it wouldn’t work whatsoever if they just took over

As what your saying about influencing officials might work in lower leagues, but in the prem (to a certain degree) it makes no odds whatsoever as these officials have trained their whole lives to not give a toss about what the players think, which the only exception being that it’s clearly not a foul when no one calls for it (which never happens) and how the offender reacts (as in do they have their head down like they know they’ve messed up?). But the players themselves who want the pen/card/offside etc, will always call for everything and no PL ref will be effected by a few shouts for “pen” compared to players running at them saying it in a lot more manic manner.

About referee decisions go against Saints on 00:12 - Aug 29 with 3377 viewsBazza

About referee decisions go against Saints on 23:23 - Aug 28 by ElijahK

Yeah well your response just shows how arrogant and uneducated (as what you've said about what you think the handball rule is just shows that soo clearly) many fans are regarding the LOTG, as well as how inconsistent their opinions are. As many didn’t like it a few seasons ago when the ball hitting the hand was almost always automatically a foul (which is what you seem to think the rule is), whilst many others didn't like it when it was down to opinions of when it was intentional or not etc. Which is exactly why they’ve gone with one in the middle where intent isn’t the main thing, but if it just the hand it’s not automatically a foul. As there isn’t any “BS” explanations, hence why many saints fans and neutrals know that it’s not a pen and that it shouldn’t be one ether.

And sorry but players (just like many fans) don’t know a thing about what’s best for the game with regards to the LOTG, as the only thing I’ve ever heard fans suggest that would work perfectly fine is that simulation was a red card offence and that offsides should be just done from the feet to make them clearer. As basically everything else that I’ve heard coaches, players and fans suggest would just lead to other issues/not solve the issue it’s meant to solve, which is why they’ve not changed those laws the ways that have been suggested, whilst previous suggestions of certain rules by fans and players (like offsides, handballs, pass backs etc) over the years have indirectly influenced the LOTG. But it wouldn’t work whatsoever if they just took over

As what your saying about influencing officials might work in lower leagues, but in the prem (to a certain degree) it makes no odds whatsoever as these officials have trained their whole lives to not give a toss about what the players think, which the only exception being that it’s clearly not a foul when no one calls for it (which never happens) and how the offender reacts (as in do they have their head down like they know they’ve messed up?). But the players themselves who want the pen/card/offside etc, will always call for everything and no PL ref will be effected by a few shouts for “pen” compared to players running at them saying it in a lot more manic manner.

Mm but for the top clubs their huge partisan crowds have been shown to influence some referee decisions. Indeed it is hard for any human not to be influenced by crowds or on occasion by their subconscious bias. That’s why var should be able to give an independent check.
Btw it still looks to me that, in the Saints game, the first contact by mctominey was accidental but not so the later contact. No doubt you will argue that’s my biased view.
Hopefully var will be better used by the officials who have in the past appeared reluctant to embrace the technology as other sports have.
About referee decisions go against Saints on 11:02 - Aug 29 with 3297 viewswemarch

About referee decisions go against Saints on 23:23 - Aug 28 by ElijahK

Football is simply a game of technique, brain, and passion. In this situation, players need to utilise brain as well as passion to show how much we want it. If they do this on the pitch, then whatever the results, people will already see the justice. No reaction to these situation will lead to more nothing. Hope you know what I mean rather than arguing about meaningless rules. Rules are made by people to restrict people and behavior only. Its not to demonstrate their willingness. Are we willing to see we get sth from such a good performace? Then we react at that moment on the pitch and leave the rest to justice.
About referee decisions go against Saints on 11:08 - Aug 29 with 3290 viewsElijahK

About referee decisions go against Saints on 00:12 - Aug 29 by Bazza

Mm but for the top clubs their huge partisan crowds have been shown to influence some referee decisions. Indeed it is hard for any human not to be influenced by crowds or on occasion by their subconscious bias. That’s why var should be able to give an independent check.
Btw it still looks to me that, in the Saints game, the first contact by mctominey was accidental but not so the later contact. No doubt you will argue that’s my biased view.
Hopefully var will be better used by the officials who have in the past appeared reluctant to embrace the technology as other sports have.

Yeah before VAR was introduced/for a certain trio of refs, it did, but now that they’ve all gone and VAR is in used, I’ve seen very few incidents where the ref looks to have been affected by the crowds. As before when the crowds went ballistic it may be the decider for the ref giving a yellow to a red. But now that VAR is in use, they have time to look over it again whilst most of the crowd is silent as they’ve got no idea of what’s going on. So what you’ve said about that I completely agree with, but there’s many times where there’s been minimal reaction and things have been given just like how there’s been many times where there’s been a major reaction and things haven’t been given.

And with regards to the handball incident, maybe your view isn’t biased and is what you’d think even if it was Fulham V Brentford etc, and I do understand of why you and many on here think it’s a penalty, but like you agreed for the first part it accidentally hit his hand the first time, which made it “ping pong” around a few times hitting all sorts, but seeing how he didn’t have the time to react and that it’s pretty clearly nor intentional, as well as his hands being in a position suitable for the circumstances, unfortunately it ain’t a pen. As trust me, I’d love to be on here going on about this incident and blaming this for why we didn’t get anything against them, but this time I can’t as it wasn’t a pen, as the only mess up we’ve had against us this season was how that Leeds lad didn’t get sent off when he took out Armstrong.

And you say that refs are reluctant to embrace it like other sports have, but many other sports use it for more factual decisions (like whether it was on target or not or whether it was in or not etc) whilst the only time it’s really used for that is when the ball goes in/out of play and for offsides. Whilst many of the other decisions are (to a certain degree) opinionated, so they’ll always be debates regarding these decisions, and seeing how football has gotta be one of the lowest points scoring games out there, those decisions mean a lot more than the higher point scoring games.

But I do definitely agree that VAR is certainly far from being where it should be, and things should be edited on both sides, but at the same time it won’t ever be perfect and there will always be controversy with or without VAR.

About referee decisions go against Saints on 11:52 - Aug 29 with 3253 viewssaint22

About referee decisions go against Saints on 11:08 - Aug 29 by ElijahK

Yeah before VAR was introduced/for a certain trio of refs, it did, but now that they’ve all gone and VAR is in used, I’ve seen very few incidents where the ref looks to have been affected by the crowds. As before when the crowds went ballistic it may be the decider for the ref giving a yellow to a red. But now that VAR is in use, they have time to look over it again whilst most of the crowd is silent as they’ve got no idea of what’s going on. So what you’ve said about that I completely agree with, but there’s many times where there’s been minimal reaction and things have been given just like how there’s been many times where there’s been a major reaction and things haven’t been given.

And with regards to the handball incident, maybe your view isn’t biased and is what you’d think even if it was Fulham V Brentford etc, and I do understand of why you and many on here think it’s a penalty, but like you agreed for the first part it accidentally hit his hand the first time, which made it “ping pong” around a few times hitting all sorts, but seeing how he didn’t have the time to react and that it’s pretty clearly nor intentional, as well as his hands being in a position suitable for the circumstances, unfortunately it ain’t a pen. As trust me, I’d love to be on here going on about this incident and blaming this for why we didn’t get anything against them, but this time I can’t as it wasn’t a pen, as the only mess up we’ve had against us this season was how that Leeds lad didn’t get sent off when he took out Armstrong.

And you say that refs are reluctant to embrace it like other sports have, but many other sports use it for more factual decisions (like whether it was on target or not or whether it was in or not etc) whilst the only time it’s really used for that is when the ball goes in/out of play and for offsides. Whilst many of the other decisions are (to a certain degree) opinionated, so they’ll always be debates regarding these decisions, and seeing how football has gotta be one of the lowest points scoring games out there, those decisions mean a lot more than the higher point scoring games.

But I do definitely agree that VAR is certainly far from being where it should be, and things should be edited on both sides, but at the same time it won’t ever be perfect and there will always be controversy with or without VAR.

So let me get this correct?

Two arms at shoulder height that the ball bounces from one to another is not handball?
About referee decisions go against Saints on 12:04 - Aug 29 with 3242 viewsElijahK

About referee decisions go against Saints on 11:52 - Aug 29 by saint22

So let me get this correct?

Two arms at shoulder height that the ball bounces from one to another is not handball?

When they’re up there as they’re pressing an opponent, then no (that is as long as it wasn’t done intentionally) which is exactly why they messed up in that Villa V Palace game

About referee decisions go against Saints on 12:56 - Aug 29 with 3208 viewssaint22

About referee decisions go against Saints on 12:04 - Aug 29 by ElijahK

When they’re up there as they’re pressing an opponent, then no (that is as long as it wasn’t done intentionally) which is exactly why they messed up in that Villa V Palace game

well he was just stood opposite adams hardly "pressing" him, he wasn't jumping etc

Pen in my book if your hands/arms are above shoulder height
About referee decisions go against Saints on 13:09 - Aug 29 with 3198 viewsElijahK

About referee decisions go against Saints on 12:56 - Aug 29 by saint22

well he was just stood opposite adams hardly "pressing" him, he wasn't jumping etc

Pen in my book if your hands/arms are above shoulder height

Ok, but those shouldn’t be given throughout this season, hence why it wasn’t on Saturday, but whether they do mess up and are given and as to what extent those mistakes may affect us we’ll have to wait and see, as I (as well many others including yourself I’m sure) know that we’ll probably have a penalty given against us for almost the exact same incident further into the season, but until that day arrives then that’s that.

About referee decisions go against Saints on 13:46 - Aug 29 with 3182 viewssaint22

About referee decisions go against Saints on 13:09 - Aug 29 by ElijahK

Ok, but those shouldn’t be given throughout this season, hence why it wasn’t on Saturday, but whether they do mess up and are given and as to what extent those mistakes may affect us we’ll have to wait and see, as I (as well many others including yourself I’m sure) know that we’ll probably have a penalty given against us for almost the exact same incident further into the season, but until that day arrives then that’s that.

Why shouldn't they be given throughout the season?
If a player juggles the ball between both arms above shoulder height that's a penalty, yesterday, tomorrow next month
About referee decisions go against Saints on 03:57 - Aug 31 with 2990 viewswemarch

Did really well in this area today! Che, Kochpcha hold the ball under their arms to force ref blow his whistle, Kochpcha also react in Chelsea penalty area by lying down when Chelsea picked up their game a little so that we still have control, although that looks like a fould to me as he was hit on the head... many good reactions in todays game to keep and hold the win. Keep up the good work Saints!

Thank you!
About referee decisions go against Saints on 10:52 - Aug 31 with 2815 viewsElijahK

About referee decisions go against Saints on 03:57 - Aug 31 by wemarch

Did really well in this area today! Che, Kochpcha hold the ball under their arms to force ref blow his whistle, Kochpcha also react in Chelsea penalty area by lying down when Chelsea picked up their game a little so that we still have control, although that looks like a fould to me as he was hit on the head... many good reactions in todays game to keep and hold the win. Keep up the good work Saints!

Thank you!

Yeah I saw him go down and did see in BBC sport that there may be a penalty shout, but still haven’t seen the incident on any highlights, so do you have a link or such to that incident as I wouldn’t mind seeing it

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024