Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The bigger picture 13:38 - Aug 29 with 2451 viewsvetchonian

Lots of talk re the manager owners and who is to blame
what worries me more is the bigger picture and the end game

The current owners bought a Premier League club with the “fortunes” it can bring.Unfortunately for them it seems they were sold a pup as we fell from the top table quickly after them buying us

Much has been written on here about entitlement of fans and how many will be happy in the Championship.
what is missed is will the owners be happy with that the money is made in the PL . Currently we are a struggling Championship side if we don’t sort things out we could find ourselves in Lg1 .Despite this squad being better than relegation fodder and the protestations from some on here we won’t go down it can happen which begs the question what will the owners do then?
Will they call in the loans rather than convert liquidate the club?

We need to get back to the PL if only for the current owners to sell us on. We no longer have owners or senior officials at the club with emotional attachment as we did back in the days of Struel and Sharpe…and even Doug attempted to have a more business like approach when he could see what the personal financial input would need to be.
We are back to the days of Silver Shield/ninth floor who had Steve Hamer a swans fan connected but their involvement was connecting to commercial development associated with the new stadium once the council pu paid to that they soon departed leaving us with the Petty fiasco only for us to be rescued and told by the later sellouts this rescue would mean we would never see this again ….we’ll buckle up folks history could yet be repeated but this time I doubt there will be the chance of a rescue .
We are in troubled waters for sure

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The bigger picture on 13:52 - Aug 29 with 2427 viewsonehunglow

Wonderful realistic posting which however will be seen as negative/gloom doom,all that crepe.

We are in deep poo and have been for the last 3 years.

Now things are coming to a head because we appointed a j for a coach

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The bigger picture on 15:04 - Aug 29 with 2374 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I’m satisfied if the owners are being sensible with its finances, only spending what it earns etc. Nobody wants to see another situation where buckets are being passed around the stands to keep the club afloat again.

The biggest issue with these owners for me is that they just don’t seem to care. They are miles away both physically and emotionally. When was the last time we actually heard from them? They’ll send a lapdog over every now and again and that’s about it. And we don’t even know who half of them are. There’s that Mindy lady who is in such shows as I have no idea. That barstool sports guy who has his own sports company and podcast yet never seems to mention or advertise the club he owns. They don’t give a toss. We are just a throwaway investment in a portfolio that half of them have forgotten about. Death by hedge fund.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The bigger picture on 15:48 - Aug 29 with 2316 viewsReslovenSwan1

The bigger picture on 15:04 - Aug 29 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I’m satisfied if the owners are being sensible with its finances, only spending what it earns etc. Nobody wants to see another situation where buckets are being passed around the stands to keep the club afloat again.

The biggest issue with these owners for me is that they just don’t seem to care. They are miles away both physically and emotionally. When was the last time we actually heard from them? They’ll send a lapdog over every now and again and that’s about it. And we don’t even know who half of them are. There’s that Mindy lady who is in such shows as I have no idea. That barstool sports guy who has his own sports company and podcast yet never seems to mention or advertise the club he owns. They don’t give a toss. We are just a throwaway investment in a portfolio that half of them have forgotten about. Death by hedge fund.

I love pointing out to fans who slag off the lovely Mindy that she has probably invested more of her hard cash in Swansea city than those proud 1000 yeoman and women of Swansea Supporters Trust ever have. She may not know exactly where Swansea is "in England" but least she has committed HER cash.

Even now any one of those brave people can call for the Trust to hand over the £500k settlement to the club for new cheap shares or as a low interest loan. No one says a peep. They are hiding.

.........1 minute warning incoming Burley bingo.

Why should you worry if they "do not seem to care"? Silverstein cares. He came over and sorted out a deal between two groups of squabbling Welshmen in no time. I care about my M&G Index tracker fund. I check it once month, If M&G played football I would look out for their results and watch their games. I do not put it on my facebook page.

The US have already sunk £13m in to the club with support from Mr Morgan at least but would really not like to put more in. With the two loan signings they will have done well giving Martin what he wants.

They will have groaned when Martin told them Bennett was no use to him and Garrick, Whittaker and Joseph could not force their way into his side. "C'est la vie crack on". He now has to "sweat the assets" and get a song from his squad. This is a Martin team. It is young because Martin wanted it that way. Cyrus wanted £15k a week and got someone to pay it.

Both Jenkins a shareholder and Winter have taken Championship teams to the Premier league via the play offs. They can do it again.

If the club gets up the club will be worth £200m the same as Burnley. Double the 2017 price or more. They will have increase their holding by buying new cheap shares for perhaps £250k a 1% share. They will sell those shares for £2,000k+.

I do not know the Trust people and would walk past them in the street. I know what Silversrtein , Mindy and Levien look like.

Kaplan is seriously loaded. He will sell up at a loss rather than shut the club down. The most likely buyer is Jake, I would think.

Swansea is far from a lost case. Good kids coming through the system. I loved seeing Ben Lloyd powering down the right wing after nicking the ball in a defensive corner routine and surging away from 3 chased at full pelt.

Its all about Martin. Can he adapt?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 15:52]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The bigger picture on 18:29 - Aug 29 with 2190 viewsfbreath

The bigger picture on 15:48 - Aug 29 by ReslovenSwan1

I love pointing out to fans who slag off the lovely Mindy that she has probably invested more of her hard cash in Swansea city than those proud 1000 yeoman and women of Swansea Supporters Trust ever have. She may not know exactly where Swansea is "in England" but least she has committed HER cash.

Even now any one of those brave people can call for the Trust to hand over the £500k settlement to the club for new cheap shares or as a low interest loan. No one says a peep. They are hiding.

Why should you worry if they "do not seem to care"? Silverstein cares. He came over and sorted out a deal between two groups of squabbling Welshmen in no time. I care about my M&G Index tracker fund. I check it once month, If M&G played football I would look out for their results and watch their games. I do not put it on my facebook page.

The US have already sunk £13m in to the club with support from Mr Morgan at least but would really not like to put more in. With the two loan signings they will have done well giving Martin what he wants.

They will have groaned when Martin told them Bennett was no use to him and Garrick, Whittaker and Joseph could not force their way into his side. "C'est la vie crack on". He now has to "sweat the assets" and get a song from his squad. This is a Martin team. It is young because Martin wanted it that way. Cyrus wanted £15k a week and got someone to pay it.

Both Jenkins a shareholder and Winter have taken Championship teams to the Premier league via the play offs. They can do it again.

If the club gets up the club will be worth £200m the same as Burnley. Double the 2017 price or more. They will have increase their holding by buying new cheap shares for perhaps £250k a 1% share. They will sell those shares for £2,000k+.

I do not know the Trust people and would walk past them in the street. I know what Silversrtein , Mindy and Levien look like.

Kaplan is seriously loaded. He will sell up at a loss rather than shut the club down. The most likely buyer is Jake, I would think.

Swansea is far from a lost case. Good kids coming through the system. I loved seeing Ben Lloyd powering down the right wing after nicking the ball in a defensive corner routine and surging away from 3 chased at full pelt.

Lol.
You think she thought I know I’ll give my fund managers money to invest in that lovely Swansea City FC soccer club they sound so cute what with all those lovely sheep.

I never comment on the stuff you say but what you said above is like a comedy sketch

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

The bigger picture on 19:26 - Aug 29 with 2142 viewsReslovenSwan1

The bigger picture on 18:29 - Aug 29 by fbreath

Lol.
You think she thought I know I’ll give my fund managers money to invest in that lovely Swansea City FC soccer club they sound so cute what with all those lovely sheep.

I never comment on the stuff you say but what you said above is like a comedy sketch

This is football. Fact is stranger than fiction.

28 'Faceless' investors (who happen to be US Citizens) Invested about £20 million in Swansea perhaps? For the sake of the argument. 28% of the total.

This would equate to roughly £720,000 each. Pretty small potatoes. Kaplan and Levien are in for about £25m each perhaps?. I reckon Kaplan has close on £400m to play with from his shares in Oaktree.

This would include Mindy. They knew full well is is a super high risk stock so they will not be too shocked at their current losses. They lost a lot with Cooper's Wembley no show.

So what about the £13m convertible loan note?. That is an additional £2,240,000 or another £80,000 from Mindy and her chums. (excludung £5m form Jake SIlverstein)

The Trust only ever invested £200,000 which is £143 each per member. They are now AWOL when there is a cash call from the owners.

They should morally reinvest the £500k settlement to repair their tattered reputation. Their money will gather dust in a box and lose value rapidly with inflation.

THe US people have spread the risk so no one is in for too high losses. Nedding new money they brought in fresh owner to spread the pain thinly.

Mindy is hoping Russ can turn a new leaf . That £80,000 becomes £640,000 in the Premier league.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 19:29]

The bigger picture on 21:08 - Aug 29 with 2079 viewsBillyChong

The bigger picture on 19:26 - Aug 29 by ReslovenSwan1

This is football. Fact is stranger than fiction.

28 'Faceless' investors (who happen to be US Citizens) Invested about £20 million in Swansea perhaps? For the sake of the argument. 28% of the total.

This would equate to roughly £720,000 each. Pretty small potatoes. Kaplan and Levien are in for about £25m each perhaps?. I reckon Kaplan has close on £400m to play with from his shares in Oaktree.

This would include Mindy. They knew full well is is a super high risk stock so they will not be too shocked at their current losses. They lost a lot with Cooper's Wembley no show.

So what about the £13m convertible loan note?. That is an additional £2,240,000 or another £80,000 from Mindy and her chums. (excludung £5m form Jake SIlverstein)

The Trust only ever invested £200,000 which is £143 each per member. They are now AWOL when there is a cash call from the owners.

They should morally reinvest the £500k settlement to repair their tattered reputation. Their money will gather dust in a box and lose value rapidly with inflation.

THe US people have spread the risk so no one is in for too high losses. Nedding new money they brought in fresh owner to spread the pain thinly.

Mindy is hoping Russ can turn a new leaf . That £80,000 becomes £640,000 in the Premier league.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 19:29]

“They lost a lot with Cooper's Wembley no show” - Mindy and Co can blame themselves for the shocking lack of support in the January transfer window
The bigger picture on 21:15 - Aug 29 with 2066 viewsCatullus

I have said several times I flt the current owners were sold a pup, they were looking for a solid, stabel EPL team but they bought us without looking close enough and didn't see the trouble we were in. Then they left Jenkins in charge and he made several more terrible decisions that sealed our fate.

Since then they have tried to run us sustainably but look to make a profit. The OP is right though, they don't care about us, they don't pay much atttention to us and I wonder if they even know of the current situation and how the fans feel? Is Winter telling them we are in a bad way or is he telling them what they want to hear?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The bigger picture on 22:01 - Aug 29 with 2029 viewsReslovenSwan1

The bigger picture on 21:08 - Aug 29 by BillyChong

“They lost a lot with Cooper's Wembley no show” - Mindy and Co can blame themselves for the shocking lack of support in the January transfer window

He has Goykeres and Peterson and did not play either of them. Cooper wanted Keinan Davies and he did not play him much either. The January window is never easy. Some manager ignore it completely. Swansea got Gibbs White fit and then wolves took him back. I contest morris and Arriola were decent players and I suspect they were not that expensive.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 22:02]

Login to get fewer ads

The bigger picture on 22:17 - Aug 29 with 2010 viewsguthrieintherain

The bigger picture on 15:48 - Aug 29 by ReslovenSwan1

I genuinely think Martin has no interest in adapting.

Just waiting for his pay off can expand his business buy a new house car whatever he fancies.

Football rewards failiure like no other.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 22:25]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

The bigger picture on 23:24 - Aug 29 with 1957 viewsReslovenSwan1

The bigger picture on 22:17 - Aug 29 by guthrieintherain

Just waiting for his pay off can expand his business buy a new house car whatever he fancies.

If he is successful in his ambitious project next up is the Premier league where salaries start at £5m pa. Alex Neil is ambitious but never caught the big fish. He will probably bounce round the lower leagues unless he gets lucky.

The bigger picture on 09:46 - Aug 30 with 1849 viewsCatullus

The bigger picture on 22:17 - Aug 29 by guthrieintherain

Martin has repeatedly said he will not change, he will not compromise his ideals.. It's a fools paradise.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The bigger picture on 09:49 - Aug 30 with 1848 viewsonehunglow

The bigger picture on 09:46 - Aug 30 by Catullus

Martin has repeatedly said he will not change, he will not compromise his ideals.. It's a fools paradise.

Having read he is being given until at least October,it's clear we are in the hands of the Gods or Devil.
By October ,we could be well past saving.
Look at the fixtures coming up folks and ask if you feel confident with this clown still in situ.

GET HIM OUT

The bigger picture on 10:44 - Aug 30 with 1822 viewsWhiterockin

The bigger picture on 09:49 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

Having read he is being given until at least October,it's clear we are in the hands of the Gods or Devil.
By October ,we could be well past saving.
Look at the fixtures coming up folks and ask if you feel confident with this clown still in situ.

GET HIM OUT

In October or even up until Christmas we will not be past saving, to think otherwise is just ludicrous.
The bigger picture on 04:06 - Aug 31 with 1687 viewswobbly

The next level.
The bigger picture on 09:36 - Aug 31 with 1577 viewsonehunglow

The bigger picture on 10:44 - Aug 30 by Whiterockin

In October or even up until Christmas we will not be past saving, to think otherwise is just ludicrous.

Well,it is to you
LOOK at us.
LOOK at how we play
LISTEN to what he says after defeats
LEARN than nothing is ludicrous as it seems

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024