Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? 00:50 - Sep 2 with 15613 viewsDylanP

We have heaps of midfielders and we brought in another one at the end of the transfer window. Meanwhile, we have nobody up top who can score.

Dykes, Bonne, Roberts, and Armstrong.

Admittedly, Armstrong has looked exciting in his sub appearances. But the Gaffer doesn't trust him to start. Meanwhile, Dykes huffs and puff, but he isn't actually adding to the scoreline, which is what a striker is there to do. Nobody seems to trust Bonne and Roberts hasn't played much.

We've scored 12 goals this season, 2 from strikers -- one each for Dykes and Roberts. That is pathetic. Laird has as many goals as Dykes this season Actually, so has Seny FFS!

You cannot have consistency when you are expecting goals from midfield and defense every week. Midfielders are supposed to contribute to the goalscoring, not be the only ones on the scoresheet.

Maybe Dykes will come good. But why would anyone believe that? Considering that with the exception of a short spurt last season he hasn't done anything for us. He's scored about once every 4 games throughout his QPR career. Not exactly setting the house on fire, is it.

We are scoring goals for fun right now thanks to Chair and Willock, but its putting too much pressure on those two to do everything. We need someone in front of them who can pitch in too

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:21 - Sep 2 with 1856 viewsNorthernr

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:19 - Sep 2 by gazza1

Very poor from the Club basically, our strikers are one of the worst in the division, if not the worst. WTF they are thinking about I do not know, back up LB, my arse!!!

It's just maths mate.

£39m permitted loss over three years - What we've spent over the last three years = not much budget space, and strikers are expensive.
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:24 - Sep 2 with 1826 viewsgazza1

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:21 - Sep 2 by Northernr

It's just maths mate.

£39m permitted loss over three years - What we've spent over the last three years = not much budget space, and strikers are expensive.

I understand Norf but a striker should have been in the plans (at the top) and not be talking about back-up LB's and 35 year old CB's and more midfielders and nfailing to get rid of a few players that will never make a regular 1st team player.....and more!!!
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:25 - Sep 2 with 1827 viewsbermudabob

I'm more worried about how the FFP headroom is probably restricting our ability to offer improved and longer contracts to a top assets which will in turn impact transfer fees
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:26 - Sep 2 with 1819 viewsjeffranger

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:19 - Sep 2 by gazza1

Very poor from the Club basically, our strikers are one of the worst in the division, if not the worst. WTF they are thinking about I do not know, back up LB, my arse!!!

You name a striker then we could of got? Without paying over the top loan fees or free transfers or even buying a striker less than million who’s decent? Not much out there, quite happy with our set up & scoring power at presentv
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:27 - Sep 2 with 1803 viewsgazza1

Last season Norf counted the number of keepers - 9 I think!!!, count how many midfielders we got this season!!!!.....use the money on a striker ffs!!!!
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:28 - Sep 2 with 1806 viewsNorthernr

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:24 - Sep 2 by gazza1

I understand Norf but a striker should have been in the plans (at the top) and not be talking about back-up LB's and 35 year old CB's and more midfielders and nfailing to get rid of a few players that will never make a regular 1st team player.....and more!!!

Well I don't think the 34-year-old CB is the sort of signing we should be doing either but it's a stretch to think the costs are remotely the same as a striker who can score at this level.
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:29 - Sep 2 with 1786 viewsgazza1

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:26 - Sep 2 by jeffranger

You name a striker then we could of got? Without paying over the top loan fees or free transfers or even buying a striker less than million who’s decent? Not much out there, quite happy with our set up & scoring power at presentv

I don't know, I don't work in the football game......

Quite happy with our scoring power.....you will not be when these goals that we are scoring are approaching 'worldies' or Willock is out injured!!!
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:31 - Sep 2 with 1774 viewsgazza1

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:28 - Sep 2 by Northernr

Well I don't think the 34-year-old CB is the sort of signing we should be doing either but it's a stretch to think the costs are remotely the same as a striker who can score at this level.

I know that Norf but put them altogether and you have a 'few quid' to spend on a CF that is going to improve us where it counts....then the fringe or young players get their chance when an injury occurs.
Login to get fewer ads

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:33 - Sep 2 with 1773 viewsWegerles_Stairs

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 07:40 - Sep 2 by Northernr

FFP headroom.

Couldn't stretch to the loan fee for Archer, and nor should they have done.

Bizarre that they wouldn't want him out on loan in the Championship, rather than sitting on the bench or playing touch football in the academy. Surely they don't need the money that much?

If Dykes misses that chance at 0-0 rather than 3-0, I reckon there'd be a lot less positivity about the lack of a striker.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 9:33]
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:36 - Sep 2 with 1760 viewsTheChef

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:31 - Sep 2 by gazza1

I know that Norf but put them altogether and you have a 'few quid' to spend on a CF that is going to improve us where it counts....then the fringe or young players get their chance when an injury occurs.

Come on Gazza we're already scoring plenty of goals and making plenty of chances without a fully firing striker, so there's no point bringing one in if a) we can't afford it or b) they won't make any difference.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:37 - Sep 2 with 1744 viewsgazza1

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:33 - Sep 2 by Wegerles_Stairs

Bizarre that they wouldn't want him out on loan in the Championship, rather than sitting on the bench or playing touch football in the academy. Surely they don't need the money that much?

If Dykes misses that chance at 0-0 rather than 3-0, I reckon there'd be a lot less positivity about the lack of a striker.

I am not so sure that the Archer thing is over and done, who knows.

Too true 0-0 and we draw the match....hell breaking loose but because we win 3-1 then it is overlooked, give him a chance, confidence, really worked hard, etc, etc.....its rubbish mate.
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:39 - Sep 2 with 1729 viewsgazza1

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:36 - Sep 2 by TheChef

Come on Gazza we're already scoring plenty of goals and making plenty of chances without a fully firing striker, so there's no point bringing one in if a) we can't afford it or b) they won't make any difference.

Chef, we do need a Championship striker if we (or me anyways) want to enjoy the season. These midfielders wont keep scoring from 20 yards, etc, etc.....

I not got long left to see us in the Premier!!!
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 9:40]
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:42 - Sep 2 with 1708 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:25 - Sep 2 by bermudabob

I'm more worried about how the FFP headroom is probably restricting our ability to offer improved and longer contracts to a top assets which will in turn impact transfer fees

Great point.

We have to keep cash for that too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:43 - Sep 2 with 1702 viewshubble

Not wanting to repeat what others have said on here about strikers, but Citeh didn't do too badly often playing without one last season, using the false 9 system. I don't think that's quite comparing apples with oranges, because although we've had to seriously cut our coat according to the cloth (FFP restrictions), having a driven, progessive, potentially brilliant, manager really helps.

I can see the Bealemeister employing his version of the false 9, and with players like Willock, Chair and Roberts, this is a viable option. So instead of bemoaning the 'failure' to bring in a new striker, how about celebrating how bloody good we look already this season, without having a decent striker at this level.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:46 - Sep 2 with 1680 viewsgazza1

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:43 - Sep 2 by hubble

Not wanting to repeat what others have said on here about strikers, but Citeh didn't do too badly often playing without one last season, using the false 9 system. I don't think that's quite comparing apples with oranges, because although we've had to seriously cut our coat according to the cloth (FFP restrictions), having a driven, progessive, potentially brilliant, manager really helps.

I can see the Bealemeister employing his version of the false 9, and with players like Willock, Chair and Roberts, this is a viable option. So instead of bemoaning the 'failure' to bring in a new striker, how about celebrating how bloody good we look already this season, without having a decent striker at this level.

It is apples and oranges.......Manchester City/QPR!!!!
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:50 - Sep 2 with 1669 viewshubble

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:46 - Sep 2 by gazza1

It is apples and oranges.......Manchester City/QPR!!!!

Both football teams mate, playing on a pitch.. vast gap in finances, sure, but we've got possibly the most astute manager in the Championship, and from acorns.....

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:51 - Sep 2 with 1657 viewsfrancisbowles

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:37 - Sep 2 by gazza1

Too true 0-0 and we draw the match....hell breaking loose but because we win 3-1 then it is overlooked, give him a chance, confidence, really worked hard, etc, etc.....its rubbish mate.

It's, partly, because we have recently overspent on Austin and Gray that we cannot afford any striker would would be even a marginal improvement on Dykes and Bonne.

We can't and shouldn't repeat the same mistake and subsequently incur the wrath of the football league as repeat offenders.

The future of the club is as stake, we can't afford another fine or points deduction that ends in relegation. It might kill us off!
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:53 - Sep 2 with 1633 viewsgazza1

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:51 - Sep 2 by francisbowles

It's, partly, because we have recently overspent on Austin and Gray that we cannot afford any striker would would be even a marginal improvement on Dykes and Bonne.

We can't and shouldn't repeat the same mistake and subsequently incur the wrath of the football league as repeat offenders.

The future of the club is as stake, we can't afford another fine or points deduction that ends in relegation. It might kill us off!

I agree with most of what you have said.......but I still believe a striker should have been at the top of the list and not signing players that I have already mentioned.
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:59 - Sep 2 with 1601 viewsSonofpugwash

Some misguided people on social media are touting the idea of Andy Carroll.
You'd be better off with Carol Vorderman.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 10:00 - Sep 2 with 1591 viewsNorthernr

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:33 - Sep 2 by Wegerles_Stairs

That first line is a point the Peterborough chairman made last year - we'd like to give your player some actual game experience, and you want us to pay for that?

Second, point, right again, but it's not about positive or negative, agreeing or disagreeing, it's a simple maths sum. Sadly that's where football is now, all money and accountancy. Depressing, but that's the reality.
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 10:05 - Sep 2 with 1556 viewsterryb

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 09:37 - Sep 2 by gazza1

How is "the Archer thing" not over Gazza? The loan window closed at 23.00 last night & won't open again till January 2023.

Of course, it is possible to move for him then.
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 10:05 - Sep 2 with 1558 viewsRangersw12

I would argue that Chair and Willock are wide forwards so technically we do have scoring forwards 😬

No point getting a striker in that isn't better on what we already have. I don't rate Dykes but if he carries in putting himself about like he has the last 2 ganes then he will get us 10 goals this season.

Would also like to see Roberts given a go up top
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 10:32 - Sep 2 with 1436 viewsgazza1

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 10:05 - Sep 2 by Rangersw12

I would argue that Chair and Willock are wide forwards so technically we do have scoring forwards 😬

No point getting a striker in that isn't better on what we already have. I don't rate Dykes but if he carries in putting himself about like he has the last 2 ganes then he will get us 10 goals this season.

Would also like to see Roberts given a go up top

Have a look at this page........midfielders

www.qpr.co.uk/squads/first-team/
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 10:36 - Sep 2 with 1426 viewsgazza1

How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 10:05 - Sep 2 by terryb

How is "the Archer thing" not over Gazza? The loan window closed at 23.00 last night & won't open again till January 2023.

Of course, it is possible to move for him then.

Does it close for loans as well?? Not sure.

But if it isn't working for LD by Jan 23 I would suggest it would be top of the list but 3 months late!!! Don't get me wrong he has been better for the team in the last 2 games but I want a 'bread & butter' striker who is going to put balls away in the 6 yard box and make attacking runs for crosses and passes, not a 'watcher'.
How Did We Manage To Not Get A Striker? on 10:48 - Sep 2 with 1366 viewsBklynRanger

Agree with the points about how Dykes helps to link things up despite not scoring, but I think he will, eventually, start scoring again, as remote as that possibility currently looks, to him and us.

He's managed double figures the last 2 seasons and will have a period, of whatever length, when things click. Shirley. Etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024