Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond 20:18 - Sep 17 with 11956 views442Dale

Possibly one mistake that Bentley has made so far is not sticking with some of the players who did well v Accrington in the Pizza trophy. Tuesday has now become more than giving other players a run out, it’s letting them have a chance to retain their position in the team if they play well.

O’Donnell
Seriki, Graham, Keohane, White
Sinclair, Malley, Diagouraga, Odoh
Rodney, Quigley.

Subs to be used where required: Kelly, Brierley, Henderson, Campbell

This is presuming we’ve no other defenders available or from the youth team. Stick to a 4-4-2, see how Diagouraga benefits from Malley’s energy, if he can’t prove he’s able to produce in the defensive role then take him off and go with one of the other two. We have to try Rodney and Quigley together to see if they can be a constant threat occupying defenders more. At the moment Quigley is isolated.

Get it wide, run, get crosses into the box.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2022 18:08]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 21:36 - Sep 20 with 2771 viewsdingdangblue

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 22:45 - Sep 20 with 2357 viewsBrierls

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 21:02 - Sep 20 by NorthernDale

For those who attended tonight, do you think the players performance as influenced the team selection for Saturday or not?

Sinclair should be a shoe in for a start based on his performance and work rate. His decision making was spot on tonight too, it seemed like he’s been instructed to cross the ball first time.

I’d like to say Malley will start, but he played pretty much up front and struggled to get into the game. I’ve no idea why he played so far forward but it doesn’t bode well for those of us wanting him to play in midfield.

I thought Hendo looked the sharpest I’ve seen him since returning, be he doesn’t start for me as I’d go with a front two of Quigley and Rodney. Tulloch put a shift in without having much of an impact. Campbell is still some way from full fitness but he looks like he’ll get in the right positions, great finish for the goal but missed a few sitters too.

I’m really encouraged by our options going forward, especially Campbell if he plays alongside somebody.
Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 23:02 - Sep 20 with 2283 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 22:45 - Sep 20 by Brierls

Sinclair should be a shoe in for a start based on his performance and work rate. His decision making was spot on tonight too, it seemed like he’s been instructed to cross the ball first time.

I’d like to say Malley will start, but he played pretty much up front and struggled to get into the game. I’ve no idea why he played so far forward but it doesn’t bode well for those of us wanting him to play in midfield.

I thought Hendo looked the sharpest I’ve seen him since returning, be he doesn’t start for me as I’d go with a front two of Quigley and Rodney. Tulloch put a shift in without having much of an impact. Campbell is still some way from full fitness but he looks like he’ll get in the right positions, great finish for the goal but missed a few sitters too.

I’m really encouraged by our options going forward, especially Campbell if he plays alongside somebody.

Will be interesting to see where any of the youngster Liverpool kids are in a few years.

Looked back at a Liverpool U21 fixture in 2019 v Oldham in the cup, team included.

Neco Williams
Curtis Jones
Harvey Elliot.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 23:17 - Sep 20 with 2220 viewsDalenet

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 21:36 - Sep 20 by dingdangblue

He has a point doesn't he. The meat feast cup allowed Premiership U21s into the competition to give them a taste of mens football. It wasn't meant for 26yo multi million pound players to achieve match fitness for the first team.
Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 00:50 - Sep 21 with 2073 viewsSandyman

Sinclair has to have earned a place on Saturday after an excellent performance.
Malley showed he grafts way more than Ball and Diagouraga combined and deserves a start for that alone as that is what we need right now, not wasters.
Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 19:56 - Sep 21 with 1275 viewsD_Dale

Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 16:58 - Sep 20 by MoonyDale

A 4 - 0 win if memory serves....Can't see that happening tonight..

Not 4-0, but the highlights suggest it might have been:

[Post edited 21 Sep 2022 20:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024