Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football League clubs taking cut of gamblers’ losses with SkyBet 17:43 - Sep 28 with 5239 viewsHAYESBOY

This isn't good reading.......

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/28/football-league-clubs-taking-cu

[Post edited 28 Sep 2022 17:44]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Football League clubs taking cut of gamblers’ losses with SkyBet on 11:30 - Oct 1 with 826 viewsPinnerPaul

Football League clubs taking cut of gamblers’ losses with SkyBet on 01:30 - Oct 1 by LythamR

Restricting selective accounts is wrong though, if they are offering a game it should be open to all within reason after all they make the book

Imagine Bristol CIty turning round to us tomorrow and saying we cant play Willock and Chair together because we win too often when they both play

See your point.

But surely that's the nature of betting.

Lets say you and me are comfortable having an even money £5 bet if QPR win or lose - just a bit of fun. Then someone else says to one of us - "I'll have a £100 on that, thanks".

We're going to say no aren't we - similar principle.

As you know they have payout limits depending on the event - as the guy who thought he was placing an acca to win £1,000,000, found out the payout was actually limited to a fraction of that, meaning he could have halved his number of selections in his acca.

It may be a common fallacy that it does, but no limit betting just doesn't exist.
Football League clubs taking cut of gamblers’ losses with SkyBet on 21:22 - Oct 1 with 771 viewsswisscottage

Football League clubs taking cut of gamblers’ losses with SkyBet on 09:16 - Sep 30 by PinnerPaul

TBF £250K is a pretty hefty turnover, bound to be flagged if you're making even a modest % profit on that sort of turnover.

that's 250k a year spread across 20 or so bookies.

It wasn't the turnover that got me shut down, what did it for me was consistently beating the book taking early prices on markets that were put up in the early hours of the morning. They'd have been better off keeping my account open in order to identify the ridiculous ricks they constantly make.

The bookies then share information, and before long it wasn't just the bookies who I'd done well at that restricted me, it was pretty much every Booky.

They share information about accounts under the premise of money laundering legislation, but then use that for commercial gain.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 21:24]
Football League clubs taking cut of gamblers’ losses with SkyBet on 02:18 - Oct 2 with 720 viewsbob566

World's gone mad. Folks there isn't a clean cut sponsor out there. Travel company. Huge carbon footprint. Tobacco, gambling or alcohol. MEH. Let's get sponsored by the local public library but then somebody will find an employee on minimum wage. You can't win.
Football League clubs taking cut of gamblers’ losses with SkyBet on 16:50 - Oct 18 with 631 viewsAddisonCarrillo

Football League clubs taking cut of gamblers’ losses with SkyBet on 11:24 - Oct 1 by PinnerPaul

It was ironic as was yours, no doubt. Have to put this in the "Agree to disagree" pile I think.

Guys, I guess it’s the most interesting thread about gambling I’ve found so far. I’m grateful to you for sharing your thoughts on that. Tbh, I’ve recently become obsessed with gambling. Tbh, I’ve never thought it could be so damn exciting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024