Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barrow (h) Match Thread 10:56 - Oct 12 with 16195 viewsHullDale

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 14:59 - Oct 16 with 3400 viewsColDale

Bentley's appointment is proving to be a masterstroke. Whether he was first choice or not, I don't think we could have made a better appointment.

The closing days of Stockdale had a whiff of Steve Eyre. Players overcoached in a style they weren't good enough to play. Teams don't succeed at our level through ambitious tactics. it's hard work, togetherness and keeping it simple. Even Hilly when he first took over turned things around by keeping it incredibly simple and getting the players to enjoy playing.

Defenders defend. It's an old fashioned concept, as we preferred to have defenders stood behind the keeper at goal kicks, before trying to pass their way around a swarming attack. These days, they've got one job to do and if they have to get rid of it, they get rid of it.

Bentley has them smiling, keeping it simple and working in a way that plays to our strengths. They looked totally lost at the end of August. Now they're confident, enjoying their football and probably can't wait for the next game to come around.

You can see the players are buying into it. What he says, works. He referenced a throw in routine yesterday that led to our first, and after calling the players for not following up the penalty save at Northampton, they saved us two points by doing exactly that the week after at Colchester. What happens on the training pitch is paying dividends on the Saturday afternoon.

Thought Barrow were a half decent side. Whitfield was one of the best opposition players I've seen this season, and had they had a Quigley in their team to get on the end of his crosses, it might have been a different story.

Long way to go yet. We're not a play off team that was horribly mismanaged. We're probably a bottom six side based on the squad but Bentley is starting to get the most out of them. it's unlikely that we will get rid of the threat of relegation until way into 2023, but there's a clear route away from it when it looked a forgone conclusion a matter of weeks ago.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 15:11 - Oct 16 with 3328 viewssamueloneils

I think we`re better than a bottom 6 team. If Kelly runs games like he did yesterday with great support all round him they will cause problems to any defence. He does need protection- and encouragement.

What a transformation in Sam Graham from last season. Play it again Sam.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 15:34 - Oct 16 with 3230 viewsjudd

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 14:26 - Oct 16 by TVOS1907

As long as it's not this one:

Heh! What sort of a comedian turns up to an AGM/EGM, unaware of the law of the land, totally unprepared, gets torn a new one by those more capable, and ends up getting fooked off?

RAFC - providing salutary history lessons since 1988.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 20:31 - Oct 16 with 2844 viewsBrierls

That was a bloody good performance.

It’s barely believable that these are the same players that appeared so lost and gutless at the start of the season. Bentley has defenders defending, midfielders battling and the unexpected signing of Quigley proving a master stroke. We’re competing now, all over the pitch, which gives us the opportunity to pick up points.

I wasn’t particularly enthused by us appointing Bentley. I’m delighted I was wrong. With hindsight, I’m not sure we could have appointed anybody better given the dire situation we were in.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 20:57 - Oct 16 with 2773 viewsEllDale

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:58 - Oct 15 by BigKindo

Hadn't realised their No 6 with nasty streak was ex Daley Niall Canavan.

It threw me at first because he was wearing the number six shirt and yet apparently his squad number is 27?
Looks like he’s still prone to rushes of blood though, that was a naughty challenge that saw him booked in stoppage time.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 21:20 - Oct 16 with 2700 viewsTVOS1907

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 20:57 - Oct 16 by EllDale

It threw me at first because he was wearing the number six shirt and yet apparently his squad number is 27?
Looks like he’s still prone to rushes of blood though, that was a naughty challenge that saw him booked in stoppage time.

According to 'Squad Number Expert' 442Dale, he changed from 27 to 6 in the summer, yet Barrow's website and the list they sent to me still have him listed as 27.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 22:14 - Oct 16 with 2600 views442Dale

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 21:20 - Oct 16 by TVOS1907

According to 'Squad Number Expert' 442Dale, he changed from 27 to 6 in the summer, yet Barrow's website and the list they sent to me still have him listed as 27.

He’d also swapped to 6 when it became available at Plymouth, probably the most successful period of his career.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 08:22 - Oct 17 with 2288 viewsfrenzied

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 20:31 - Oct 16 by Brierls

That was a bloody good performance.

It’s barely believable that these are the same players that appeared so lost and gutless at the start of the season. Bentley has defenders defending, midfielders battling and the unexpected signing of Quigley proving a master stroke. We’re competing now, all over the pitch, which gives us the opportunity to pick up points.

I wasn’t particularly enthused by us appointing Bentley. I’m delighted I was wrong. With hindsight, I’m not sure we could have appointed anybody better given the dire situation we were in.

I think what we are beginning to see is the value of a manager who has massive experience at this level.

There cant be a player issue whether of a mental or physical nature he hasn't come across before.

He will have a good understanding of how to motivate individuals and also recognise those players who aren't up to the task ahead.

It will be interesting to see what Bentley does in the Jan window.

So far so good..
Login to get fewer ads

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 08:41 - Oct 17 with 2248 viewsJames1980

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 08:22 - Oct 17 by frenzied

I think what we are beginning to see is the value of a manager who has massive experience at this level.

There cant be a player issue whether of a mental or physical nature he hasn't come across before.

He will have a good understanding of how to motivate individuals and also recognise those players who aren't up to the task ahead.

So far so good..

It seems that he knows what he is good at and enjoys doing it.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 10:45 - Oct 17 with 2077 viewsCockneyDale

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 08:22 - Oct 17 by frenzied

So far so good..

Priority must be to on to Quigley
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 16:47 - Oct 17 with 1763 viewsYadHoDale

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 10:45 - Oct 17 by CockneyDale

Priority must be to on to Quigley

He's already played for Stockport this season so can't play for a third club. Depends whether they want to extend the loan or agree a deal. Have heared that their manager either doesn't rate or doesn't get on with The Quiggster, but they're not exactly pulling up many trees this season so he may change his mind or County may change their manager.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:01 - Oct 17 with 1708 viewsDale_4_Life

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 14:59 - Oct 16 by ColDale

Bentley's appointment is proving to be a masterstroke. Whether he was first choice or not, I don't think we could have made a better appointment.

The closing days of Stockdale had a whiff of Steve Eyre. Players overcoached in a style they weren't good enough to play. Teams don't succeed at our level through ambitious tactics. it's hard work, togetherness and keeping it simple. Even Hilly when he first took over turned things around by keeping it incredibly simple and getting the players to enjoy playing.

Defenders defend. It's an old fashioned concept, as we preferred to have defenders stood behind the keeper at goal kicks, before trying to pass their way around a swarming attack. These days, they've got one job to do and if they have to get rid of it, they get rid of it.

Bentley has them smiling, keeping it simple and working in a way that plays to our strengths. They looked totally lost at the end of August. Now they're confident, enjoying their football and probably can't wait for the next game to come around.

You can see the players are buying into it. What he says, works. He referenced a throw in routine yesterday that led to our first, and after calling the players for not following up the penalty save at Northampton, they saved us two points by doing exactly that the week after at Colchester. What happens on the training pitch is paying dividends on the Saturday afternoon.

Thought Barrow were a half decent side. Whitfield was one of the best opposition players I've seen this season, and had they had a Quigley in their team to get on the end of his crosses, it might have been a different story.

Long way to go yet. We're not a play off team that was horribly mismanaged. We're probably a bottom six side based on the squad but Bentley is starting to get the most out of them. it's unlikely that we will get rid of the threat of relegation until way into 2023, but there's a clear route away from it when it looked a forgone conclusion a matter of weeks ago.

I would say a mid table squad who if further improvement could be eeked out of every player could end up in the top 10. Long way to go but on the pitch is chalk and cheese compared to August!

EBJ has been a revelation - defenders defend after a Saturday pre match meal of raw meat! On the counter especially we look a real threat. The team look organised and together following a simple plan . EBJ fist pump to the home supporters at the final whistle was pure joy to watch!.

Onwards to Tuesday and Saturday I am looking forward to both games.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 17 with 1704 viewsDale_4_Life

Great post Col BTW.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:40 - Oct 17 with 1609 viewsR17ALE

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:01 - Oct 17 by Dale_4_Life

I would say a mid table squad who if further improvement could be eeked out of every player could end up in the top 10. Long way to go but on the pitch is chalk and cheese compared to August!

EBJ has been a revelation - defenders defend after a Saturday pre match meal of raw meat! On the counter especially we look a real threat. The team look organised and together following a simple plan . EBJ fist pump to the home supporters at the final whistle was pure joy to watch!.

Onwards to Tuesday and Saturday I am looking forward to both games.

I prefer to use a night club analogy. Under RS and BBM we played like a gaggle of girls on the babysham. Under EBJ we play like Doormen!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 20:04 - Oct 17 with 1401 viewsNorthernDale

Is Quigley not on loan to the summer, rather then January.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 20:14 - Oct 17 with 1367 viewsTVOS1907

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 20:04 - Oct 17 by NorthernDale

Is Quigley not on loan to the summer, rather then January.

He is.

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 20:20 - Oct 17 with 1328 viewsEllDale

All strictly hypothetical of course but it’s interesting to speculate where Dale would be if BBM had been sacked in January 2021 and EBJ given the job of avoiding relegation.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 20:33 - Oct 17 with 1305 viewsTVOS1907

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 20:20 - Oct 17 by EllDale

All strictly hypothetical of course but it’s interesting to speculate where Dale would be if BBM had been sacked in January 2021 and EBJ given the job of avoiding relegation.

Bentley was managing AFC Fylde at the time.

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 22:16 - Oct 17 with 1104 viewsR17ALE

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 20:33 - Oct 17 by TVOS1907

Bentley was managing AFC Fylde at the time.

And was sacked by Roger who no doubt will be choking that EBJ might prove to be the man to get the club he's supported since 1969 back on the right track.

I think that might be the purest definition of irony ever.

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 22:18 - Oct 17 with 1096 viewskel

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 22:16 - Oct 17 by R17ALE

And was sacked by Roger who no doubt will be choking that EBJ might prove to be the man to get the club he's supported since 1969 back on the right track.

I think that might be the purest definition of irony ever.

Can’t we just have him choking full stop?
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 22:20 - Oct 17 with 1085 viewsR17ALE

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 22:18 - Oct 17 by kel

Can’t we just have him choking full stop?

I have a visual image of that with a red snooker ball strapped in his gob being whipped by a whore!

Him, not the red snooker ball.

Band of Gold again!

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 22:32 - Oct 17 with 1053 viewskel

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 22:20 - Oct 17 by R17ALE

I have a visual image of that with a red snooker ball strapped in his gob being whipped by a whore!

Him, not the red snooker ball.

Band of Gold again!

Deviant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024