Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
national scandal...AGAIN 21:57 - Oct 13 with 1604 viewsCatullus

The minimum wage. As it stands an 18 year old can be paid £6.83 per hour, what the flying furkeler is that about!

At 18 people may have to pay their own way, they may have lost both parents or even be a carer for a sick parent and they're expected to survive on pocket money.
Even at 23 the minimum wage is too low. The government says it can't afford this and that but when it comes to the other, throwing money at fake PPE companies, massive expense accounts...all those little benefits of being in politics that see them risne the public purse for millions every year but pay the living wage to every adult, can't be done mate.
No doubt ll those businesses who benefit from this shocking wage deal will say they cant afford the pay rise but my opinion is as soon as you hit 18 you should get one minimum wage rate that applies to all aduts, it should be about £12.00 per hour too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

national scandal...AGAIN on 22:02 - Oct 13 with 1594 viewsGwyn737

Agreed Cat.

Then some want to cut benefits as you’re better off not working. What’s actually needed is better paid jobs.

*of course, the majority of benefit claimants are in work. Says a lot.

But, you know, record employment and all that.
national scandal...AGAIN on 23:10 - Oct 13 with 1548 viewsmajorraglan

I’ve noticed quite a few shops are now recruiting 16 year olds who get £4.81 an hour, it’s terrible.

One of my kids (nearly 20 years old) has just started the 4th year of their apprenticeship, the pay is now up to £8.90 an hour. Lots of the youngsters who started the same time have quit, they can see the longer term benefit of sticking around, but can’t afford too.
national scandal...AGAIN on 09:20 - Oct 14 with 1491 viewsCatullus

national scandal...AGAIN on 22:02 - Oct 13 by Gwyn737

Agreed Cat.

Then some want to cut benefits as you’re better off not working. What’s actually needed is better paid jobs.

*of course, the majority of benefit claimants are in work. Says a lot.

But, you know, record employment and all that.

It props up their ric friends and allows them to make billions in profit and pretty much guarantees a lot of politicians their well paid future jobs.

I'm no econmist but surely if people were being paid more then they'd pay more tax and receive less in benefits. Wouldnt that be better?

I know people who don't work because they are better off on benefits, work should always pay more. Apart from the obvious financial benefit there are health benefits too. When I was sidelined by physical ill health my mental health suffered too, my family all say that I'm much better since going back to work.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

national scandal...AGAIN on 15:48 - Oct 14 with 1421 viewsgadgetuk

national scandal...AGAIN on 09:20 - Oct 14 by Catullus

It props up their ric friends and allows them to make billions in profit and pretty much guarantees a lot of politicians their well paid future jobs.

I'm no econmist but surely if people were being paid more then they'd pay more tax and receive less in benefits. Wouldnt that be better?

I know people who don't work because they are better off on benefits, work should always pay more. Apart from the obvious financial benefit there are health benefits too. When I was sidelined by physical ill health my mental health suffered too, my family all say that I'm much better since going back to work.

My 17 year old son works part time at Maccy D's - he earns £8.25 an hour which I thought at that age wasn't bad. Some places are taking the P to be frank.
national scandal...AGAIN on 20:22 - Oct 14 with 1362 viewsbuilthjack

Have a decent minimum wage, and a maximum wage.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

national scandal...AGAIN on 16:32 - Oct 15 with 1290 viewsCatullus

national scandal...AGAIN on 20:22 - Oct 14 by builthjack

Yes, this, absolutely this. Nobody needs to earn 10 million per year but people do need to earn 20k per year as a bare minimum, otherwise they have no quality of life.

The minimum wage should be £12p/h and the tax threshold should be raised to 15k, I'd like to see an OBR response to that suggestion.

national scandal...AGAIN on 17:24 - Oct 15 with 1282 viewsKilkennyjack

national scandal...AGAIN on 20:22 - Oct 14 by builthjack

Spot on fella.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024