Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T' T20 World Cup 13:38 - Oct 22 with 6450 viewsD_Alien

Decent start, bowling the Afghans out for 112 with Sam Curran becoming the first English bowler to take a T20 international five-fer

Some great catches too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T' T20 World Cup on 12:57 - Oct 23 with 4655 viewsBlueMessiah

Wow! That was just something very special! Kohli is simply awesome.

Poll: Do I Know You?

T' T20 World Cup on 13:02 - Oct 23 with 4646 views100notout

T' T20 World Cup on 12:57 - Oct 23 by BlueMessiah

Indeed Pakistan clutched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Incidentally - why was it not a wicket in the last over when the ball hit the wicket yet India got 3 runs? No ball?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

T' T20 World Cup on 13:06 - Oct 23 with 4642 viewsTVOS1907

T' T20 World Cup on 13:02 - Oct 23 by 100notout

Indeed Pakistan clutched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Incidentally - why was it not a wicket in the last over when the ball hit the wicket yet India got 3 runs? No ball?

Because it was a free hit after the previous ball was a no ball.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

T' T20 World Cup on 13:12 - Oct 23 with 4632 views100notout

T' T20 World Cup on 13:06 - Oct 23 by TVOS1907

Hmmm ok thanks for that - think I'll stick to football!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

T' T20 World Cup on 13:28 - Oct 23 with 4618 viewsTVOS1907

T' T20 World Cup on 13:12 - Oct 23 by 100notout

Hmmm ok thanks for that - think I'll stick to football!

The theory is that the previous ball was illegal and therefore the batter didn't have the opportunity to play the shot they might have done had it been legal.

Ergo, the next ball is a 'free hit', meaning they can't be out off the actual ball. They could still be run out, though, as that dismissal hasn't come directly off the delivery.

T' T20 World Cup on 13:31 - Oct 23 with 4612 viewsD_Alien

T' T20 World Cup on 13:28 - Oct 23 by TVOS1907

The theory is that the previous ball was illegal and therefore the batter didn't have the opportunity to play the shot they might have done had it been legal.

Ergo, the next ball is a 'free hit', meaning they can't be out off the actual ball. They could still be run out, though, as that dismissal hasn't come directly off the delivery.

But only in limited over cricket...

T' T20 World Cup on 13:34 - Oct 23 with 4607 viewsTVOS1907

T' T20 World Cup on 13:31 - Oct 23 by D_Alien

But only in limited over cricket...

Correct.

T' T20 World Cup on 03:17 - Oct 24 with 4464 viewspioneer

T' T20 World Cup on 13:06 - Oct 23 by TVOS1907

It obviously wasnt a wide!

Anybody know why it was a no ball….did the bowler overstep the crease? It wasnt clear to me and something not much short of chaos ruled on the field and in the commentary box.
Login to get fewer ads

T' T20 World Cup on 04:44 - Oct 24 with 4454 viewsNigeriamark

T' T20 World Cup on 12:57 - Oct 23 by BlueMessiah

one of the best games I've seen and a brilliant innings by Kholi. Pakistan true to form by losing it from a massive winning position, even if credit has to be given to Kholi. Some crucial wides near the end helped get India over the line
T' T20 World Cup on 08:51 - Oct 24 with 4420 viewsTVOS1907

T' T20 World Cup on 03:17 - Oct 24 by pioneer

It obviously wasnt a wide!

Anybody know why it was a no ball….did the bowler overstep the crease? It wasnt clear to me and something not much short of chaos ruled on the field and in the commentary box.

Height

T' T20 World Cup on 08:54 - Oct 25 with 4306 viewsBluebottle

Noticed a Dale shirt amongst the English fans, anyone know who it was?
T' T20 World Cup on 08:54 - Oct 26 with 4164 viewspioneer

Disaster in Melbourne.
T' T20 World Cup on 14:15 - Oct 26 with 4039 viewsNigeriamark

T' T20 World Cup on 08:54 - Oct 26 by pioneer

Disaster in Melbourne.

Big Game Friday with the losers likely to be out

Edit: You can't knock Pakistan for drama and entertainment. Second game to go to the last ball & they have lost them both !!
[Post edited 27 Oct 2022 15:50]
T' T20 World Cup on 18:34 - Oct 28 with 3869 viewsD_Alien

I'd normally be pissed off with a washout at cricket, but i had England down for an early exit from the T20 WC today

After hammering the Aussies in warmup games, it'd be typical of us to have that reversed when it mattered

As it stands, and with a superior run rate plus the advantage of playing last (so knowing what we need to do) i'm glad today's fixture didn't go ahead

T' T20 World Cup on 20:19 - Oct 28 with 3804 viewspioneer

T' T20 World Cup on 18:34 - Oct 28 by D_Alien

I'd normally be pissed off with a washout at cricket, but i had England down for an early exit from the T20 WC today

After hammering the Aussies in warmup games, it'd be typical of us to have that reversed when it mattered

As it stands, and with a superior run rate plus the advantage of playing last (so knowing what we need to do) i'm glad today's fixture didn't go ahead

Doesnt look like any chance of rain at the Gabba for the NZ game so it is do or die on Tuesday realistically..
T' T20 World Cup on 21:45 - Oct 28 with 3765 viewspioneer

T' T20 World Cup on 20:19 - Oct 28 by pioneer

Doesnt look like any chance of rain at the Gabba for the NZ game so it is do or die on Tuesday realistically..

check that….now saying showers in the morning…..hopefully will be cleared in time for the game
T' T20 World Cup on 11:37 - Nov 1 with 3566 viewsD_Alien

So England do the business against a strong NZ side, leaving the top two places wide open

Feels like we've yet to properly hit our stride, but a few signs that we're starting to get our top game together

T' T20 World Cup on 11:41 - Nov 1 with 3555 viewsNigeriamark

T' T20 World Cup on 21:45 - Oct 28 by pioneer

check that….now saying showers in the morning…..hopefully will be cleared in time for the game

Great win for England against NZ. Looked to be in control for the first 3 quarters of the game but wobbled for about 5 overs when Ali dropped an absolute dolly from Phillips. However regained our composure and saw it our with something to spare

Sam Curran has been a revelation for England. 2 or 3 years ago I didn't think he would be good enough to sustain a place in white ball squads. However his bowling has come on 100% in terms of variation and accuracy. He can also hit some fast runs if required My current England man of the series

Run rate now highly in our favor & as pointed out earlier we have the benefit of seeing the other results before we play SL. Assuming the top 3 all win. the Aussies need to absolutely hammer Afghanistan & hope England somehow mess up. NZ as good as in the semis with any sort of win
T' T20 World Cup on 19:30 - Nov 1 with 3422 viewspioneer

T' T20 World Cup on 11:41 - Nov 1 by Nigeriamark

Great win for England against NZ. Looked to be in control for the first 3 quarters of the game but wobbled for about 5 overs when Ali dropped an absolute dolly from Phillips. However regained our composure and saw it our with something to spare

Sam Curran has been a revelation for England. 2 or 3 years ago I didn't think he would be good enough to sustain a place in white ball squads. However his bowling has come on 100% in terms of variation and accuracy. He can also hit some fast runs if required My current England man of the series

Run rate now highly in our favor & as pointed out earlier we have the benefit of seeing the other results before we play SL. Assuming the top 3 all win. the Aussies need to absolutely hammer Afghanistan & hope England somehow mess up. NZ as good as in the semis with any sort of win

Yes there have been some great games…it has turned out to be a great tournament with both groups being very competitive.

England have the advantage of the Barmy Army support led by King Charles😊

Would be nice to see the Aussies back playing golf by next week and ourfriend warner doing everything he can to see that happen 😂

On the downside isntit time something was done to speed up some aspects….this is the format that was supposed to be all action. The last 5 overs are beginning to resemble the last two minutes of an NBA game.
T' T20 World Cup on 11:45 - Nov 4 with 3277 viewsD_Alien

Decent performance by the Afghans in only narrowly losing to the Aussies, leaving England the task of beating Sri Lanka by any margin to go through

Time to step up a gear

T' T20 World Cup on 12:12 - Nov 5 with 3135 viewsNigeriamark

T' T20 World Cup on 11:45 - Nov 4 by D_Alien

Decent performance by the Afghans in only narrowly losing to the Aussies, leaving England the task of beating Sri Lanka by any margin to go through

Time to step up a gear

Odd game. SL set of like a train then came off the rails for the last 10 overs. After our opening partnership I thought we were going to walk it but we tried our best to give the game away. At one stage we needed significantly less than a run a ball & played some completely unessesary shots. Should never have gone to the final over, but it's the result that counts and we won

Looks like we will play India in the semi & we will have to step up our game for that one.
T' T20 World Cup on 12:35 - Nov 5 with 3109 viewsD_Alien

T' T20 World Cup on 12:12 - Nov 5 by Nigeriamark

Odd game. SL set of like a train then came off the rails for the last 10 overs. After our opening partnership I thought we were going to walk it but we tried our best to give the game away. At one stage we needed significantly less than a run a ball & played some completely unessesary shots. Should never have gone to the final over, but it's the result that counts and we won

Looks like we will play India in the semi & we will have to step up our game for that one.

Scraped through really, and at least Stokes' experience came in handy since his initial selection wasn't based on T20 form. Almost as if he's trying to seek redemption for that fateful last over he bowled at the previous tournament, and as Test captain got his way

Not convinced this group is able to fully fire on all cylinders for some reason, but we're doing enough and we're due a couple of outstanding performances

T' T20 World Cup on 12:40 - Nov 5 with 3101 viewsDale_4_Life

A couple of outstanding performances is all it takes from here. Well done England onwards to the Semi Final.
T' T20 World Cup on 09:49 - Nov 10 with 2922 viewsSandyman

BBC news dropped a clanger this morning!
T' T20 World Cup on 10:14 - Nov 10 with 2902 viewsD_Alien

T' T20 World Cup on 09:49 - Nov 10 by Sandyman

BBC news dropped a clanger this morning!

Simon Stone does cricket too?

Decent start in reply, so far

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024