Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grealish and Ward-Prowse 20:26 - Nov 26 with 4307 viewssaintmary5

Is it fair to say if playing Jack Grealish who gets most free kicks close to goal, that Ward Prowse should be paired with him (Grealish). Wardie being the best English free kicker available to England?
Sometimes it should not be all about best tactical team but best pairing and tactics.
Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 23:05 - Nov 29 with 961 viewsSFC_Referee

Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 21:32 - Nov 29 by grumpy

How did Maguire play then?
I'm relieved you are not England Manager

And where did I say that Maguire shouldn’t have been in the squad?
As you may wanna learn to read a tad bit better as I’ve already said this before, but not once have I said that Maguire shouldn’t be in the squad. Just simply that he wasn’t picked for the squad based on form, that’s it.
As the only players who I’ve said shouldn’t be in the squad is Phillips, Grealish and Gallagher, which in all fairness Prowse does deserve to be over those three, or at least certainly Gallagher and Phillips (although I’d have other players in there instead of all 4 of them).

But still good to see your still avoiding the facts that show that Southgate isn’t picking his squad based on form, and that if that was the case then Prowse would certainly be in there over some of the players he did pick.
Still hopefully when replying you’ll have read a bit better

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 23:07 - Nov 29 with 961 viewsSFC_Referee

Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 21:40 - Nov 29 by cocklebreath

Mate, you are clueless

Well I think the only people around here are the minority that think this squads picked on form, as the stats, majority of fans, pundits etc… all show its not the case, but look you two keep ignoring the facts if that makes your points feel more valid.

Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 23:14 - Nov 29 with 947 viewsGRIM

Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 20:51 - Nov 29 by SFC_Referee

Ok even if you did, outta all the players I’ve named it only makes them look worse (with the exception of Rashford) so your only digging yourself a bigger hole with that

Just take the L mate and except that Southgate doesn’t pick this team based on form and at the end of the day Prowse did deserve to be in there over some of the players he has selected (although there were others that should’ve been in that squad before ether Prowse or them)
[Post edited 29 Nov 2022 20:53]

I'm not defending Southgates selection of players that are not fully fit or haven't played much football, but, Alf Ramsey won the World Cup by picking players that he trusted at International level, he didn't pick his team based on club form.
The bottom line is that JWP is not international class, he's tidy, he's efficient, he's fit but just not creative enough.
Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 23:36 - Nov 29 with 932 viewsSFC_Referee

Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 23:14 - Nov 29 by GRIM

I'm not defending Southgates selection of players that are not fully fit or haven't played much football, but, Alf Ramsey won the World Cup by picking players that he trusted at International level, he didn't pick his team based on club form.
The bottom line is that JWP is not international class, he's tidy, he's efficient, he's fit but just not creative enough.

I don’t disagree with almost all of what you’ve said, as yeah you don’t just pick teams based on players forms as you do have to look at their overall quality and how they may have performed previously for their nation. Definitely.
All I was doing mate was simply stating that what Grumpy said didn’t matter, as Southgate hasn’t picked his squad on form, that’s it. Not that doing that is good/bad, poor/great, risky/safe, but simply that it’s not what he’s done.

And with regards to Prowse I’m a bit split on, as I do think he CAN be at the levels he needs to be to make that team, but really if we had no injuries and some of our better players were actually playing, then yeah I agree he shouldn’t have been in the squad.
It’s just many if those players are injured or haven’t been playing, and that’s the only reason of why I personally thought he should’ve been in the squad. Hence why it’s only Gallagher and Phillips who I personally think he should’ve been in the squad over (although I’d of probably preferred Bowen and Toney over all 3 of them).
[Post edited 29 Nov 2022 23:38]

Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 09:13 - Nov 30 with 832 viewsGRIM

Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 23:36 - Nov 29 by SFC_Referee

I don’t disagree with almost all of what you’ve said, as yeah you don’t just pick teams based on players forms as you do have to look at their overall quality and how they may have performed previously for their nation. Definitely.
All I was doing mate was simply stating that what Grumpy said didn’t matter, as Southgate hasn’t picked his squad on form, that’s it. Not that doing that is good/bad, poor/great, risky/safe, but simply that it’s not what he’s done.

And with regards to Prowse I’m a bit split on, as I do think he CAN be at the levels he needs to be to make that team, but really if we had no injuries and some of our better players were actually playing, then yeah I agree he shouldn’t have been in the squad.
It’s just many if those players are injured or haven’t been playing, and that’s the only reason of why I personally thought he should’ve been in the squad. Hence why it’s only Gallagher and Phillips who I personally think he should’ve been in the squad over (although I’d of probably preferred Bowen and Toney over all 3 of them).
[Post edited 29 Nov 2022 23:38]

That's what great about this forum it gives us all a chance to voice our opinions.
We all think we could pick better teams for both Saints & England.
But we have to trust our team managers team selections & judge them on results.
Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 11:01 - Nov 30 with 801 viewsgrumpy

Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 23:05 - Nov 29 by SFC_Referee

And where did I say that Maguire shouldn’t have been in the squad?
As you may wanna learn to read a tad bit better as I’ve already said this before, but not once have I said that Maguire shouldn’t be in the squad. Just simply that he wasn’t picked for the squad based on form, that’s it.
As the only players who I’ve said shouldn’t be in the squad is Phillips, Grealish and Gallagher, which in all fairness Prowse does deserve to be over those three, or at least certainly Gallagher and Phillips (although I’d have other players in there instead of all 4 of them).

But still good to see your still avoiding the facts that show that Southgate isn’t picking his squad based on form, and that if that was the case then Prowse would certainly be in there over some of the players he did pick.
Still hopefully when replying you’ll have read a bit better

You were insinuating Maguire shouldn’t have been in the squad by saying I quote 'Maguire had been dreadful for Man U' as was your stats on Rashford and Grealish etc.
Just admit you were wrong,
I read fine, thanks.
Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 19:52 - Nov 30 with 729 viewsSFC_Referee

Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 11:01 - Nov 30 by grumpy

You were insinuating Maguire shouldn’t have been in the squad by saying I quote 'Maguire had been dreadful for Man U' as was your stats on Rashford and Grealish etc.
Just admit you were wrong,
I read fine, thanks.

No I was just talking about that when we were discussing his form.
As your original point was that Southgate picks his team based on form, which as I’ve shown several times now, isn’t the case whatsoever.
As I personally wasn’t too sure on Maguire ether way, as his form has been dreadful, it’s just (like Pickford) he’s done soo well and hasn’t messed up for England so if he continues that for us (which he’s done so far) then would be a good choice.
As that’s the thing Southgate picks his squad mainly in loyalty and who they play for, not form, hence why those that I named are going whilst others haven’t previously/currently.

Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 09:20 - Dec 1 with 588 viewsButty101

Grealish and Ward-Prowse on 23:14 - Nov 29 by GRIM

Lets make a judgement on Southgates selection, after we have played France in the Quaters. His track record in the major competitions when he plays a good side is played 4 lost 3. The German side in the Euros was poor and we nearly made a pigs ear of that.
The one thing that is different this time is that we smashed the cannon fodder in the group stages.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024