Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti Cifuentes 17:14 - Dec 3 with 103816 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nah me neither.

I’m about to listen to this podcast though. Non Swedish part starts 55 seconds in:

https://t.co/5DqLhBP4vL
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 17:16]
Marti Cifuentes on 09:24 - Oct 31 with 2622 viewsbaz_qpr

Worth noting that because of the weather the football seasons work differently in Scandinavia and therefore contracts run to 31/12 so I'm sure they will be looking for frees and last year of contract players they can pick up cheap in January
Marti Cifuentes on 09:30 - Oct 31 with 2570 viewshubble

Marti Cifuentes on 09:05 - Dec 4 by hubble

From Hammerby to Hammersmith
The Spanish maestro came
And even though we loved him
We could never say his name.

Just remembered I posted this right near the start of this thread back in December 22. I hope we do end up loving him.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Marti Cifuentes on 09:42 - Oct 31 with 2526 viewskernowhoop

This would have been a great appointment if we had been mid-table. But, it may still be a great appointment, if he can do two jobs and make them compatible with each other. First - and most importantly - he has to stop the rot, which means defensive organisation, belief and not succumbing to so many sucker punches. If he succeeds, then the team will gain the confidence to do the second thing, which is to start scoring goals.
It is going to be interesting.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2023 9:49]
Marti Cifuentes on 09:55 - Oct 31 with 2464 viewstkqpr

Marti Cifuentes on 09:24 - Oct 31 by baz_qpr

Worth noting that because of the weather the football seasons work differently in Scandinavia and therefore contracts run to 31/12 so I'm sure they will be looking for frees and last year of contract players they can pick up cheap in January

He will have vast knowledge of the Swedish/Norweign leagues from working there.

Not only will he have knowledge and connections with regard to pick up 'frees', as a foreign club are we able to sign players in the lasat 6 months of their contracts?

And i know we got no money......
Marti Cifuentes on 09:55 - Oct 31 with 2462 viewsTheChef

Can only assume he would have been appointed after Beale but at that stage we couldn't afford the compensation.

Let's just pretend the last ten months never happened, and we can still dig ourselves out of this mess with his help.

Vamos Marti!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Marti Cifuentes on 09:57 - Oct 31 with 2448 viewsR_from_afar

Marti Cifuentes on 21:54 - Oct 30 by dmm

Xavi Calm was assistant manager to Jordi Roger at Brum for the 2019/20 season so he'll have some very useful knowledge of the Championship.

I was just looking Calm up when you posted that and I found this:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-love-birmingham-

I would rather have had Warnock than Cifuentes due to his vast experience keeping teams up but one thing which does concern me with Warnock is that he is so in demand but also so close to retiring for good that one annoying decision by our board could cause him to leave suddenly.

Cifuentes certainly looks like a very talented coach so I am pleased we have him on board but he is really going to be up against it. We are in a real state. Here's hoping we give him some time and that he quickly makes a positive difference.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Marti Cifuentes on 09:59 - Oct 31 with 2432 viewsFDC

Marti Cifuentes on 09:57 - Oct 31 by R_from_afar

I was just looking Calm up when you posted that and I found this:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-love-birmingham-

I would rather have had Warnock than Cifuentes due to his vast experience keeping teams up but one thing which does concern me with Warnock is that he is so in demand but also so close to retiring for good that one annoying decision by our board could cause him to leave suddenly.

Cifuentes certainly looks like a very talented coach so I am pleased we have him on board but he is really going to be up against it. We are in a real state. Here's hoping we give him some time and that he quickly makes a positive difference.

I'm holding on to the hope that having someone who on the face of it brings a lot more culture and a more progressive approach to the game will get an instant response out of the likes of Willock, Richards et al, which could give us the bounce we need to quickly get some points on the board.
Marti Cifuentes on 10:16 - Oct 31 with 2326 viewsSambadiakate

I think some of our players need an unknown. If it was a journeyman manager I reckon a few of the squad will be rocking up today with a few preconceived ideas. "Warnock is coming in today and he'll tell me I've been rubbish and I won't stand for it"
But instead they'll all hopefully be coming in with intrigue thinking who is this guy?
Login to get fewer ads

Marti Cifuentes on 10:22 - Oct 31 with 2308 viewsNorthernr

Marti Cifuentes on 10:16 - Oct 31 by Sambadiakate

I think some of our players need an unknown. If it was a journeyman manager I reckon a few of the squad will be rocking up today with a few preconceived ideas. "Warnock is coming in today and he'll tell me I've been rubbish and I won't stand for it"
But instead they'll all hopefully be coming in with intrigue thinking who is this guy?

These little twts have got to like somebody eventually haven't they? They've seen off three in eight months.
Marti Cifuentes on 10:26 - Oct 31 with 2271 viewsBklynRanger

Marti Cifuentes on 07:33 - Oct 31 by Gloucs_R

I'm really hopeful he can develop some of the youngsters. I know we all mention Sinclair, who really does need to take his chances, but I really like the look of Kolli and it'll be interesting to see how he progresses with the ball at his feet rather than expecting him to win headers against 6'4 championship defenders.

I made a comment about 433 yesterday and not having the squad.

As a front 3 (on paper)... It looks good...Dykes / Sinclair with Chair, Willock, Kolli, Smyth and Richards.

Middle 3....Colback, Field, Dozzell, EDB and DM. That's a problem.

Defence... Cannon and Paal are decent enough at this level (basing Cannon on one game mind). The central defender should have enough experience to hold their own in this league. JCS the only one who stands our at being comfortable on the ball, when he's not on the physio table.

Yeah we may have the trappings of an acceptable, paper thin starting 11 for the way he plays.

Hopefully as you say Glass-Salter will feel less motivation to start grabbing his hamstring when things get embarrassing after 20 mins. Could be the making of him but that's probably the caffeine talking. Jimmy Dunne has always chased the 'ball playing CB' mantle but never thought he actually is one. Now would be the time to find that.

Dozzell has had a better season and this new man may help to keep that moving. I do think part of what he did on Saturday can be explained by the pressure and negativity they've all been under but still no excuse.

The full backs look fine, Chair should be happier and let's see if Willock can be revived. Also think Dykes is often more comfortable with it into his feet than being the big target man - he's improved on that but isn't quite his game.
Marti Cifuentes on 10:48 - Oct 31 with 2159 viewsJuzzie

He has to go!

Sorry, too early?
Marti Cifuentes on 10:56 - Oct 31 with 2126 viewsPhilmyRs

Marti Cifuentes on 10:26 - Oct 31 by BklynRanger

Yeah we may have the trappings of an acceptable, paper thin starting 11 for the way he plays.

Hopefully as you say Glass-Salter will feel less motivation to start grabbing his hamstring when things get embarrassing after 20 mins. Could be the making of him but that's probably the caffeine talking. Jimmy Dunne has always chased the 'ball playing CB' mantle but never thought he actually is one. Now would be the time to find that.

Dozzell has had a better season and this new man may help to keep that moving. I do think part of what he did on Saturday can be explained by the pressure and negativity they've all been under but still no excuse.

The full backs look fine, Chair should be happier and let's see if Willock can be revived. Also think Dykes is often more comfortable with it into his feet than being the big target man - he's improved on that but isn't quite his game.

Agree with this - first 11, possibly 12 players that you could see would be suited to possession based, build up play, although the goalkeeper worries me. Agree with the Dykes observation too, I actually think he isn't that bad playing possession football with balls pinged into him - not the best, but ok.

I think the below team is pretty decent at this level and should not go down, BUT take 1 or 2 out of it and it becomes relegation material. We need a lot of luck with injuries to get out of the mess we're in.

Bego
Cannon
Paal
Cook
JCS
Collback
Field
Dozzell (Richards if a miracle happens)
Willock
Chair
Dykes
Marti Cifuentes on 11:02 - Oct 31 with 2087 viewsTeddRanger

Marti Cifuentes on 10:22 - Oct 31 by Northernr

These little twts have got to like somebody eventually haven't they? They've seen off three in eight months.

We talk of the little twts seeing off 3 managers in 8 months, but a plausible starting XI
doesn't contain that many that were here last season. And of the ones that were, I'd certainly put Dykes and Field as two that give their all, however limited

Chair Dykes Smyth
Dozzell Field Colback
Paal Cook Fox Cannon
Begovic

I suppose what I'm saying is that many of the wasters are (thankfully) no longer in the building and the malaise might not run as deep as we fear.
Marti Cifuentes on 11:12 - Oct 31 with 2021 viewsQPR_Jim

Sooner or later the club has to back a manager over the players if we're to change that dynamic. If Marti is a manager that they have had their eye on for a while and plays the kind of football they want QPR to play, hopefully they'll back him if things do get tough instead of bowing to player pressure. That said it is possible that this is the kind of manager they will respond to anyway, so we'll have to see.
Marti Cifuentes on 11:15 - Oct 31 with 1997 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Marti Cifuentes on 11:12 - Oct 31 by QPR_Jim

Sooner or later the club has to back a manager over the players if we're to change that dynamic. If Marti is a manager that they have had their eye on for a while and plays the kind of football they want QPR to play, hopefully they'll back him if things do get tough instead of bowing to player pressure. That said it is possible that this is the kind of manager they will respond to anyway, so we'll have to see.

We should have done this with Critchley in my opinion.
Marti Cifuentes on 11:20 - Oct 31 with 1959 viewsAntti_Heinola

Have we had a manager I missed, like forgetting Truss was PM?
I think they saw off Critchley, although he was the dumb architect of his own downfall, and other than Richards and Willock, I think they've done exactly what Gaz has told them to do.

Bare bones.

Marti Cifuentes on 11:20 - Oct 31 with 1958 viewsTheChef

Marti Cifuentes on 11:15 - Oct 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Things is the players didn't take to Critchley and he called them out on it. He was basically done after that.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Marti Cifuentes on 11:21 - Oct 31 with 1953 viewsAntti_Heinola

Critchley was appalling.

Bare bones.

Marti Cifuentes on 11:27 - Oct 31 with 1915 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Marti Cifuentes on 11:21 - Oct 31 by Antti_Heinola

Critchley was appalling.

Like *almost* every failed manager here, only for us.
Marti Cifuentes on 11:29 - Oct 31 with 1905 viewsibnumber10

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12996859/cifuentes-my-foot

This interview was recorded last week apparently, did Sky Sports know something?
Marti Cifuentes on 11:48 - Oct 31 with 1727 viewsNorthernr

Marti Cifuentes on 11:20 - Oct 31 by Antti_Heinola

Have we had a manager I missed, like forgetting Truss was PM?
I think they saw off Critchley, although he was the dumb architect of his own downfall, and other than Richards and Willock, I think they've done exactly what Gaz has told them to do.

Ah yes, I think I was counting Warburton, or sacking this guy early.
Marti Cifuentes on 11:49 - Oct 31 with 1720 viewsMonkey_Roots

First signing... Niko Hämäläinen
Marti Cifuentes on 11:59 - Oct 31 with 1658 viewsMatch82

Marti Cifuentes on 11:12 - Oct 31 by QPR_Jim

Its pressing the easy button though isn't it?
Us? We can't have made 20 wrong decisions on the players, must have been one bad decision on the manager. Let's bring someone else in, we'll get it right this time.
Marti Cifuentes on 12:03 - Oct 31 with 1634 viewsTK1

Marti Cifuentes on 11:27 - Oct 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Like *almost* every failed manager here, only for us.

I am all for constantly bashing the club but you do like to paint some pretty broad brushstrokes when doing so:

Critchley has only managed one other club, Blackpool, who he dumped to be a number two at Villa. Now back at his level, Div 1. Small sample size to judge him a success.
JFH: not a resounding success at his other clubs after us such as Northampton and Burton where he was sacked after terrible runs that left them bottom.
McClaren: disaster at Newcastle, Derby (second time round, and fired the first time), Forest. Nobody would employ him as a manager now.
Holloway: great at Blackpool and Palace until usual implosion; total disaster at Leicester and Millwall. And Grimsby. Unemployable.
Warburton: a good manager who achieved reasonable success at each club - but also left each under a huge cloud having fallen out with everyone. May have left QPR under the best terms even.
How far do you want to go back? Paulo Sousa did alright at some other clubs but averages a season and a half at each and has been through a dozen...

Most managers fail at most clubs. Pep and Klopp look good, De Zerbi and Arteta for now - let's see in two years. Everyone else gets fired. Let's be real, let's deal with facts and with football generally and not pretend QPR are a grim outlier here. Every club in the 92 kiss a lot of frogs. When the manager loses a load of games, he gets canned. If you get one manager in five right, hooray! Hold on as long as you can to them.

There are not clubs succeeding with our failures.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2023 12:03]
Marti Cifuentes on 12:10 - Oct 31 with 1594 viewsMedwayR

Agreed, should've sent the loan players back and told the rest of them to buck up their ideas and play for their futures because the manager is here to stay.

Instead we backed the players and look where that's got us.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024