Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry away 11:29 - Dec 5 with 1685 views3swan

Doubt it will affect our game on the 17th,

but ??

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/breaking-coventry
Coventry away on 11:46 - Dec 5 with 1663 views3swan

More added

"The implications with that (are effective) immediately, with the FA Youth Cup game that was scheduled to take place at the stadium on Saturday with Southampton. That was moved to Leamington's ground.

"Club officials have been informed that they have to return their keys, their access cards. They've also been given what's been called a reasonable amount of time to remove property owned by the Sky Blues."
Coventry away on 14:11 - Dec 5 with 1575 viewsBadlands

It looks to me like Ashley is posturing to take over the club.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Coventry away on 18:53 - Dec 5 with 1479 viewshowenjack

Apparently Coventry thought the existing terms of their lease would prevail but Mike Ashley has basically said that that is not the case and that CCFC have not yet signed the new terms of the lease because they are not so favourable to the club . What's that Clash song ?? Should I stay or should I go ?
Coventry away on 21:15 - Dec 5 with 1416 viewsGwyn737

Hope this works out, I’ve planned a pre Christmas jolly weekend up there 🤞
Coventry away on 21:28 - Dec 5 with 1403 viewsKeithHaynes

Coventry away on 18:53 - Dec 5 by howenjack

Apparently Coventry thought the existing terms of their lease would prevail but Mike Ashley has basically said that that is not the case and that CCFC have not yet signed the new terms of the lease because they are not so favourable to the club . What's that Clash song ?? Should I stay or should I go ?

If that’s the case Ashley had better be careful, there are numerous licences he will forfeit and it could backfire.

Football man apparently.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Coventry away on 23:19 - Dec 5 with 1360 viewshowenjack

Coventry away on 21:28 - Dec 5 by KeithHaynes

If that’s the case Ashley had better be careful, there are numerous licences he will forfeit and it could backfire.

Football man apparently.

A game of brinkmanship methinks. He knows at this late stage CCFC will not want to up sticks therefore the paperwork will be signed but on his terms . I bet the club hierarchy are fuming .
Coventry away on 23:51 - Dec 5 with 1345 viewsKeithHaynes

Coventry away on 23:19 - Dec 5 by howenjack

A game of brinkmanship methinks. He knows at this late stage CCFC will not want to up sticks therefore the paperwork will be signed but on his terms . I bet the club hierarchy are fuming .

He’s playing with fire a bit, but he knows it, he has to remember if he wants the stadium to entertain professional football in the future he needs to not breach licenses already signed and in place with the EFL.He’s acting like a dodgy landlord at the moment, but like always he will become the good guy and people will fall for it.

He doesn’t have the millions he has by being a fool. As you say brinkmanship.

Coventry away on 10:26 - Dec 6 with 1277 views3swan

Coventry away on 23:51 - Dec 5 by KeithHaynes

He’s playing with fire a bit, but he knows it, he has to remember if he wants the stadium to entertain professional football in the future he needs to not breach licenses already signed and in place with the EFL.He’s acting like a dodgy landlord at the moment, but like always he will become the good guy and people will fall for it.

He doesn’t have the millions he has by being a fool. As you say brinkmanship.

Personally I can't see any way that our game won't go ahead .

Ashley did look to be in talks to take over Derby, if he ever has future thoughts of being involved in football, then the FA, Football League, Premier wouldn't look kindly at a man who either forced a postponement or a forced move to another venue.

Gut feeling is money games open salvo.
Login to get fewer ads

Coventry away on 12:27 - Dec 6 with 1234 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59084/mike-ashley-‘can

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024