Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin IN or OUT ? 09:40 - Dec 28 with 9128 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin IN a or OUT ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 23:57 - Dec 30 with 1244 viewsswancity

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 23:40 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

One game in 10 simply isn’t enough though. We beat a top 6 side tonight comfortably. The inconsistency is down to the manager

Whereas it’s down to the players of course

There were no costly individual errors tonight. We got the first goal and that took the pressure off. The players were excellent in terms of their resolve and determination to want the ball and to be brave enough to play in deep areas whilst in the back of a poor run of results.

No one can legislate or prepare for individual errors as we saw for example at Reading. It happens. You can’t blame the manager solely for that. Give praise and credit where it’s due.

A good win tonight and we are now firmly in the hunt for a top six place. Well done all. 👏

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 00:37 - Dec 31 with 1181 viewsRichardO

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 23:40 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

One game in 10 simply isn’t enough though. We beat a top 6 side tonight comfortably. The inconsistency is down to the manager

Agree, I think we would have even struggled against Cardiff if they hadn't gone down to ten men

He had Manning more or less playing in a back four before the Burnley game along with Cooper and Cundle and we went of a good run ended with the loss to injury of Manning and the descion not to play to Cooper with Cundle against Burnley.
He does know how to rescue games and has in some of those ten
Tonight he more or less got back to the team that went on that good run and went back to a back four.
So he knows his best team but won't go to the back four until he feels his back is against a wall as it was before tonight's game.
Hopefully he will think he is in that same position for the rest of the season
Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 07:05 - Dec 31 with 1127 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 00:37 - Dec 31 by RichardO

Agree, I think we would have even struggled against Cardiff if they hadn't gone down to ten men

He had Manning more or less playing in a back four before the Burnley game along with Cooper and Cundle and we went of a good run ended with the loss to injury of Manning and the descion not to play to Cooper with Cundle against Burnley.
He does know how to rescue games and has in some of those ten
Tonight he more or less got back to the team that went on that good run and went back to a back four.
So he knows his best team but won't go to the back four until he feels his back is against a wall as it was before tonight's game.
Hopefully he will think he is in that same position for the rest of the season

He'll revert back to Martinball as soon as he can, despite last night being another example of doing things differently produce different results.
Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 10:22 - Dec 31 with 1028 viewsRichardO

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 07:05 - Dec 31 by Treforys_Jack

He'll revert back to Martinball as soon as he can, despite last night being another example of doing things differently produce different results.

Didn't Martin state "we have been working on a back four" in his press conference (only saw it quoted in a Sky report) then surely the penny has dropped if not then there is no hope for him.
Don't think the squad will win ever game with a back four but don't think we will get the thumping scorelines against us so often.
Burnley will be a good test to see if he changes things for changes sake.
Manning hopefully will be fit and picked in a back four again with the likes of Cooper and Cundle doing such hard work in offering options and tackling back.
One area of concern is Manning does like to get forward, which is great but he does like to stay forward which he seemed to do late in the game searching for glory?
Cooper covered well and had the experience to tell him to get back into position after he went walkabout.
Nice to see when Fulton came out of the middle to cover Manning he was pointing, seemingly using his experience to tell Cooper and Cundle to cover the spaces in the middle he had to leave, which they did , good team play.
Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 10:24 - Dec 31 with 1024 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 23:57 - Dec 30 by swancity

Whereas it’s down to the players of course

There were no costly individual errors tonight. We got the first goal and that took the pressure off. The players were excellent in terms of their resolve and determination to want the ball and to be brave enough to play in deep areas whilst in the back of a poor run of results.

No one can legislate or prepare for individual errors as we saw for example at Reading. It happens. You can’t blame the manager solely for that. Give praise and credit where it’s due.

A good win tonight and we are now firmly in the hunt for a top six place. Well done all. 👏

We changed formation, had three young players busting a gut for us and that kept us on the front foot and left Watford floundering . There were no individual errors because we stopped messing about at the back with risky passes which quite often get turned over by the opposition and they usually score. There was a definite change last night and 4-0 against a top six side was the result. Dropping Wood who makes a lot of these errors (because he doesn’t have the skill to deal with hospital passes under pressure definitely helped.

I’m the whole the side pushed forward with far more aggression and purpose - and you have to ask the question- if they have the ability to do that once they should be doing that on a MUCH more regular basis. Who is to blame that they aren’t? The manager. Nobody else.

Sounds to me like Martin was dragged upstairs and given an ultimatum - stop playing that stupid risky game and allow the players to move the ball forward quickly. And as he values his quite reasonable income he decided to comply.

I hope Delilah was watching - we could do with the compo AND a new manager. Because I for one do not believe he’s been honest in this job since he came here.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 10:35 - Dec 31 with 1005 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 10:24 - Dec 31 by Brynmill_Jack

We changed formation, had three young players busting a gut for us and that kept us on the front foot and left Watford floundering . There were no individual errors because we stopped messing about at the back with risky passes which quite often get turned over by the opposition and they usually score. There was a definite change last night and 4-0 against a top six side was the result. Dropping Wood who makes a lot of these errors (because he doesn’t have the skill to deal with hospital passes under pressure definitely helped.

I’m the whole the side pushed forward with far more aggression and purpose - and you have to ask the question- if they have the ability to do that once they should be doing that on a MUCH more regular basis. Who is to blame that they aren’t? The manager. Nobody else.

Sounds to me like Martin was dragged upstairs and given an ultimatum - stop playing that stupid risky game and allow the players to move the ball forward quickly. And as he values his quite reasonable income he decided to comply.

I hope Delilah was watching - we could do with the compo AND a new manager. Because I for one do not believe he’s been honest in this job since he came here.

Martin dragged upstairs and told how to coach his team ? That really didn’t happen.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 10:53 - Dec 31 with 960 viewsRichardO

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 10:24 - Dec 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Agree with most of the first paragraph except Darling is far too close to Benda at the goal kicks it almost caused us problems while Cabango kept his distance leaving the forward chasing the ball.
As for dropping Wood for Latibeaudie, Wood when he played on the right side of a back four in our good run he looked better than Latibeaudie going forward, fair dos to Lati on his goal and general play yesterday but he did get skinned a couple of times by the winger and made a number of rash challenges which left him exposed.
Both players have their limitations which isn't help when the team selection is changed so randomly.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 15:16]
Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 12:12 - Dec 31 with 898 viewsguthrieintherain

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 10:35 - Dec 31 by KeithHaynes

Martin dragged upstairs and told how to coach his team ? That really didn’t happen.

Yes we win and Martin gets dragged upstairs.
We lose and its all Martins fault.

We have had a bad run and a 7 game winning streak before it but some of the stuff posted on here is a joke.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 12:17]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 15:03 - Dec 31 with 814 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 12:12 - Dec 31 by guthrieintherain

Yes we win and Martin gets dragged upstairs.
We lose and its all Martins fault.

We have had a bad run and a 7 game winning streak before it but some of the stuff posted on here is a joke.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 12:17]

Agree much of the form lately has been unacceptable but the way blame is apportioned and to suggest the manager was dragged upstairs as being the reason for the win is utterly nonsense.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:03 - Dec 31 with 694 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 10:35 - Dec 31 by KeithHaynes

That been posted again!? 🙈😂

We don't half have some deluded followers. I knew the fall out after relegation from the Premier league was going to be hard but reality to it all has certainly been hard to grasp for a few.

I have read some pearler over the last 16 months or so, my personal favourite being papers written up 2/3 times for Martin's dismissal.........ots even been classed as fact by some 😂😂😂

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:07 - Dec 31 with 678 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:03 - Dec 31 by magicdaps10

That been posted again!? 🙈😂

We don't half have some deluded followers. I knew the fall out after relegation from the Premier league was going to be hard but reality to it all has certainly been hard to grasp for a few.

I have read some pearler over the last 16 months or so, my personal favourite being papers written up 2/3 times for Martin's dismissal.........ots even been classed as fact by some 😂😂😂

Twice.

Not just a fact but an absolute fact.

My favourite pearler was “Pato and Martin must get on because he signed a new contract and they had a photo together”.

The levels of delusion in that sentiment was quite something to behold.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:10 - Dec 31 with 681 viewsmax936

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:07 - Dec 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Twice.

Not just a fact but an absolute fact.

My favourite pearler was “Pato and Martin must get on because he signed a new contract and they had a photo together”.

The levels of delusion in that sentiment was quite something to behold.

Bout time you and Daps got a room,I can sense the love in the air.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:15 - Dec 31 with 658 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:10 - Dec 31 by max936

He’s a bit upset at the moment, not reacted very well to the POTY win.

Give him a day before making jokes.

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:16 - Dec 31 with 668 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:10 - Dec 31 by max936

He chases after me a lot, trouble is he doesn't want to meet......I don't do people who just want to get together for visa's.

I am more a man who goes for someone for love.....not a one night type of guy either.

🙁🙈😂

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:18 - Dec 31 with 638 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:16 - Dec 31 by magicdaps10

He chases after me a lot, trouble is he doesn't want to meet......I don't do people who just want to get together for visa's.

I am more a man who goes for someone for love.....not a one night type of guy either.

🙁🙈😂

The jealousy spewing out of you is so sad to see. Surely you can make more of yourself?

As for meeting? Why on earth would I meet with a deranged and obsessed fan?

I couldn’t think of a less fun way to spend my time. But if the offer is right I will consider it, get saving your pennies, champion.

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:24 - Dec 31 with 637 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:18 - Dec 31 by Dr_Parnassus

The jealousy spewing out of you is so sad to see. Surely you can make more of yourself?

As for meeting? Why on earth would I meet with a deranged and obsessed fan?

I couldn’t think of a less fun way to spend my time. But if the offer is right I will consider it, get saving your pennies, champion.

You still chasing me.......one would think that you are trying your hardest to put me down to make yourself feel better.

Bit like that boy who always punches that person he fancies.......you have a man crush on me!?

Only after real love sorry P.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 21:26]

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:26 - Dec 31 with 613 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:24 - Dec 31 by magicdaps10

You still chasing me.......one would think that you are trying your hardest to put me down to make yourself feel better.

Bit like that boy who always punches that person he fancies.......you have a man crush on me!?

Only after real love sorry P.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 21:26]

Where am I putting you down? There is only one person constantly talking about another’s private life in jealous rages.

I just reply to you and hope you see the error of your ways before you get yourself into strife.

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:34 - Dec 31 with 600 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:26 - Dec 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Where am I putting you down? There is only one person constantly talking about another’s private life in jealous rages.

I just reply to you and hope you see the error of your ways before you get yourself into strife.

Why would I be jealous because someone married just for convenience as you said you did? You said it not me!

If it works for you then so be it but that's not my style, love all the way for me.......now that would get me jealous and envious if I hadn't found love myself.

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:38 - Dec 31 with 569 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:34 - Dec 31 by magicdaps10

Why would I be jealous because someone married just for convenience as you said you did? You said it not me!

If it works for you then so be it but that's not my style, love all the way for me.......now that would get me jealous and envious if I hadn't found love myself.

We are not religious, we don’t believe in marriage, it’s a religious bond made in front of God.

Unfortunately some countries don’t see a 17 year relationship as commitment enough, so we had to comply with those rules. It has nothing to do with a lack of love, it’s like saying you don’t love your child if you don’t Christen them.

It’s a religious ceremony we do not believe in, if you do, great. Quite why you think it’s something that would annoy me I’m not quite sure.

As for why you are quite clearly jealous, because of what I am, have and do. That simple, you bring it up enough.

Relax, better yourself.

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:42 - Dec 31 with 559 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:38 - Dec 31 by Dr_Parnassus

We are not religious, we don’t believe in marriage, it’s a religious bond made in front of God.

Unfortunately some countries don’t see a 17 year relationship as commitment enough, so we had to comply with those rules. It has nothing to do with a lack of love, it’s like saying you don’t love your child if you don’t Christen them.

It’s a religious ceremony we do not believe in, if you do, great. Quite why you think it’s something that would annoy me I’m not quite sure.

As for why you are quite clearly jealous, because of what I am, have and do. That simple, you bring it up enough.

Relax, better yourself.

So it was convenient then?

👍 I understand.

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:46 - Dec 31 with 544 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:42 - Dec 31 by magicdaps10

So it was convenient then?

👍 I understand.

All marriage is convenient.

It’s why it was brought in, it makes financial decisions easier and allows easier taxation. If you are religious then great, marriage is convenient to that religion as of course it now allows children into the relationship.

But as we are not religious we have never felt the need to comply with religious doctrine in order to declare our commitment.

Sorry if that hurts your narrative champion.

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 22:38 - Dec 31 with 491 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 21:46 - Dec 31 by Dr_Parnassus

All marriage is convenient.

It’s why it was brought in, it makes financial decisions easier and allows easier taxation. If you are religious then great, marriage is convenient to that religion as of course it now allows children into the relationship.

But as we are not religious we have never felt the need to comply with religious doctrine in order to declare our commitment.

Sorry if that hurts your narrative champion.

Doesn't hurt my narrative at all, infact it hurts me that you never actually put down the word love and seem to use the word commitment instead.

I got married because I love my wife and wanted to make that bond as husband and wife rather than something that is convenient.

Good open conversation there DrP, made me understand you a little bit better and my feeling towards you has changed slightly.

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 22:47 - Dec 31 with 482 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 22:38 - Dec 31 by magicdaps10

Doesn't hurt my narrative at all, infact it hurts me that you never actually put down the word love and seem to use the word commitment instead.

I got married because I love my wife and wanted to make that bond as husband and wife rather than something that is convenient.

Good open conversation there DrP, made me understand you a little bit better and my feeling towards you has changed slightly.

You aren’t making sense. Marriage is a commitment, marriage is not love - half of marriages end up in divorce.

Love comes long before marriage and is a completely different entity.

I said we don’t need the ceremony in order to declare our commitment. Remember reading what you want and reading what is actually written - very different things.

We have been together 17 years and followed each other round the world. I will let the sensible among us (who aren’t suffering from jealous rage) work out why that may be.

You got married because you felt it was what everyone else does and because she is Irish marriage is held in higher religious regard. If you felt you needed to get married in order to prove your love then I can only feel sad for that situation.

As I said, be better.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 23:02]

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 23:01 - Dec 31 with 455 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 22:47 - Dec 31 by Dr_Parnassus

You aren’t making sense. Marriage is a commitment, marriage is not love - half of marriages end up in divorce.

Love comes long before marriage and is a completely different entity.

I said we don’t need the ceremony in order to declare our commitment. Remember reading what you want and reading what is actually written - very different things.

We have been together 17 years and followed each other round the world. I will let the sensible among us (who aren’t suffering from jealous rage) work out why that may be.

You got married because you felt it was what everyone else does and because she is Irish marriage is held in higher religious regard. If you felt you needed to get married in order to prove your love then I can only feel sad for that situation.

As I said, be better.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 23:02]

Your wife must like you to be with you for so long, I would suspect that you are not as much of a quack off here as you are on here......no way she would put up with you I am sure 🙈

Maybe this forum is your release?

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 23:03 - Dec 31 with 448 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin IN or OUT ? on 23:01 - Dec 31 by magicdaps10

Your wife must like you to be with you for so long, I would suspect that you are not as much of a quack off here as you are on here......no way she would put up with you I am sure 🙈

Maybe this forum is your release?

I am no different to on here.

Lovely man, but will tell you straight if you are being a bit of a plum.

I don’t take nonsense lightly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024