Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott Quigley - Explain 17:12 - Jan 2 with 10158 viewsBoss_Hog

I don't get to see many matches live, but I've taken in Doncaster and Barrow in recent days.

Can somebody explain what Scott Quigley offers our team and quite how he's managed 180+ minutes in these fixtures?

For me, his workrate is appalling, he fails to hold the ball up and offer any of the attributes of the proverbial target man. He gives the ball away continously and is forever arguing with the referee and throwing his arms out. Perhaps if he wasn't so inept, he'd challenge for headers infront of his marker and stop fouling him.

Calvin hasn't played for us for a few years, but I'd rather have him upfront now than Quigley.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 17:21 - Jan 2 with 6401 viewsgolfaduffy

Very much agree. There must be 2 Scott Quigley's. The one who arrived and worked hard; looking a real threat, and the popst injury one, who looks like he doesn't care.

He can go back for me . Trouble is we ave nobody else at all.

it's like our keeper. Started well, but has gone to pot the last month or two. Nearly cost us again today when he rabbit punched a crodss that a kid would have caught near the end. Luckily it didn't drop to them.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 17:41 - Jan 2 with 6243 views442Dale

The criticism of the likes of Calvin and more recently Matty Done got may have been partly justified for the lack of end product, but their work effort and experience would be most welcome in this squad.

Quigley has been awful since returning to the side. As bad as we’ve seen from strikers at Dale.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Scott Quigley - Explain on 17:42 - Jan 2 with 6238 viewskel

Another player who was bigged up as a world beater after his debut game. Done next to nothing since and looks like he really doesn’t want to be here. Potentially a good player but makes about as much effort as Ball and that’s bloody hard to do.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 17:46 - Jan 2 with 6185 viewsCrede_Sign0

Don’t think he’s been quite the same since the penalty miss, the injury and then the break we had.
But do think he’ll come good. I thought the line up was good today - with Toums and Odoh rested. Surprised that Nelson didn’t start, and I’m not sure what Sinclair has done to never get a start.
For me we have to find a way of playing someone alongside Quiggs - and someone that’s not Hendo from the start
Maybe Campbell when he’s back - or Sinclair perhaps. Even when he does win it - we’re miles away from him
Scott Quigley - Explain on 17:52 - Jan 2 with 6119 views442Dale

Scott Quigley - Explain on 17:46 - Jan 2 by Crede_Sign0

Don’t think he’s been quite the same since the penalty miss, the injury and then the break we had.
But do think he’ll come good. I thought the line up was good today - with Toums and Odoh rested. Surprised that Nelson didn’t start, and I’m not sure what Sinclair has done to never get a start.
For me we have to find a way of playing someone alongside Quiggs - and someone that’s not Hendo from the start
Maybe Campbell when he’s back - or Sinclair perhaps. Even when he does win it - we’re miles away from him

Nelson has been poor since being given a chance. Without doubt he’ll be a good player, he’s a modern day defender, but we need defenders who defend with nothing else being thought about at the moment and he didn’t do that well enough.

Henderson was much, much better as the lone striker than Quigley has been since he’s returned. That alone says how far the latter’s star has fallen. At least with Henderson we see a player who constantly looks to cause problems for the opposition with his movement and experience.

Hopefully Bentley can impress upon Quigley he’s playing for his future as a league player. Recapture some of the form we saw in his first month or so and he could win a longer deal.

Scott Quigley - Explain on 17:55 - Jan 2 with 6093 viewsNorthernDale

I think he did the right thing today in dropping John and nelson, i would play Sinclair due to his pace, he as some ability as well. We lacked creativity today in midfield, but starting with Keohane was the right decision.

Now it is a matter of seeing if he can offload players and get his own players in, starting this week
Scott Quigley - Explain on 17:56 - Jan 2 with 6098 viewsfrenzied

Scott Quigley - Explain on 17:46 - Jan 2 by Crede_Sign0

Quigley spends far too much time moaning and giving away daft fouls...

Miles off the pace..like so many of the team ..not good enough at this level.

Campbell coming back.?....don’t hold your breath

At least we got a point today but it was dire.

Hoof football on display..
Scott Quigley - Explain on 18:01 - Jan 2 with 6024 viewsMass_Debater

Scott Quigley - Explain on 17:55 - Jan 2 by NorthernDale

I think he did the right thing today in dropping John and nelson, i would play Sinclair due to his pace, he as some ability as well. We lacked creativity today in midfield, but starting with Keohane was the right decision.

Now it is a matter of seeing if he can offload players and get his own players in, starting this week

No sh1t.
Login to get fewer ads

Scott Quigley - Explain on 18:33 - Jan 2 with 5842 viewsSaxonDale

Tbf he was awful when I saw him away at Northampton- as was everyone.

The most frustrating thing about Quigley is when on form he’s our most important player. Quigley playing well means we can skip out the midfield as much as possible and the defence can concentrate on defending and hoofing it up for respite.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 18:39 - Jan 2 with 5784 viewsDalenet

With Stockport signing a striker this week he isn't going to play for them again. You'd think he'd be pulling up trees to get a deal with us. But his stupid foul on their midfielder when we were on a rare attack today was criminal.

I was thinking about the players like Done, Joey T and Calvin who got stick from time to time - but they always put a shift in. How i'd love to see somebody like that in the squad now
Scott Quigley - Explain on 18:59 - Jan 2 with 5667 viewsClivert

If we can as part of the deal I'd send him back to Stockport asap. I'd imagine that he'll be on a decent wedge here so it would free up a good wage and going off his recent performances he obviously won't want to be playing for us on a permanent basis next season regardless of what division we are playing in.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 19:00 - Jan 2 with 5665 viewsfourfourtwo

Keep seeing people commenting about Campbell.

The silence from the club is absolutely deafening.

Why has there been no updates? Is this a career ender? Where is the transparency?
Scott Quigley - Explain on 19:21 - Jan 2 with 5540 viewselectricblue

Scott Quigley - Explain on 19:00 - Jan 2 by fourfourtwo

Keep seeing people commenting about Campbell.

The silence from the club is absolutely deafening.

Why has there been no updates? Is this a career ender? Where is the transparency?

I think JB said a couple pre match interviews that Campbell was back on grass....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Scott Quigley - Explain on 19:23 - Jan 2 with 5518 viewsrichfoad32

Scott Quigley - Explain on 19:21 - Jan 2 by electricblue

I think JB said a couple pre match interviews that Campbell was back on grass....

Let's hope the random drug testers don't show up then.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 19:50 - Jan 2 with 5383 viewsEllDale

If I was EBJ talking to Stockport this week I’d be asking about the availability of Callum Camps, not Scott Quigley.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 20:09 - Jan 2 with 5299 viewsHullDale

Quigley has not been the same player since his injury.

He made a comment in an interview that he didn't expect to be in a relegation battle, had offers from clubs higher up the league, & wouldn't be here if he thought we would be in a bottom 2 battle all season.

Based on his berating of others today, weird celebration at Donny, seeming lack of effort etc, has he decided he wants to leave? Today he seemed to be more intent on fouling and kicking off than he was attacking and pushing us forwards.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 20:42 - Jan 2 with 5164 views442Dale

Scott Quigley - Explain on 19:50 - Jan 2 by EllDale

If I was EBJ talking to Stockport this week I’d be asking about the availability of Callum Camps, not Scott Quigley.

I don’t think we’re in any position to take on a good percentage of his wages. Also think he may be injured again as not in the squad for the last couple of games.

If he did become available, expect Bristol Rovers to renew their interest too.

Scott Quigley - Explain on 21:07 - Jan 2 with 5045 viewsfinberty

Scott Quigley - Explain on 20:09 - Jan 2 by HullDale

He made a comment in an interview that he didn't expect to be in a relegation battle, had offers from clubs higher up the league, & wouldn't be here if he thought we would be in a bottom 2 battle all season.

Based on his berating of others today, weird celebration at Donny, seeming lack of effort etc, has he decided he wants to leave? Today he seemed to be more intent on fouling and kicking off than he was attacking and pushing us forwards.

"wouldn't be here if he thought we would be in a bottom 2 battle all season."

Does that mean he doesn't fancy it? Too good for it?

Has this board been overloaded with comments saying if only the other Dale players put in a shift as good as Scott Quigley?

Also, we weren't bottom two when he joined, so what has happened since? Ah - it must be all the others.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 21:13 - Jan 2 with 5003 viewsHullDale

Scott Quigley - Explain on 21:07 - Jan 2 by finberty

"wouldn't be here if he thought we would be in a bottom 2 battle all season."

Does that mean he doesn't fancy it? Too good for it?

Has this board been overloaded with comments saying if only the other Dale players put in a shift as good as Scott Quigley?

Also, we weren't bottom two when he joined, so what has happened since? Ah - it must be all the others.

Around 3:15 onwards - I just watched it again to make sure I wasn't misremembering it.

Scott Quigley - Explain on 21:22 - Jan 2 with 4952 viewsfourfourtwo

Scott Quigley - Explain on 21:13 - Jan 2 by HullDale

Around 3:15 onwards - I just watched it again to make sure I wasn't misremembering it.

To be fair to Quigley the fans at his previous clubs love him. I work with a few Stockport fans who were fuming we signed him as they felt he could do a job for them.

I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that injury is possibly still troubling him.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 21:36 - Jan 2 with 4881 viewsBrierls

Quigley has been a good non league/League Two striker all his career. He is going to have good and bad games, I think he showed that in the short time he was with us pre-injury, But he at least gave defenders something to think about, even when it wasn’t really running for him.

He’s been terrible since returning from injury. There’s no getting away from that. Is it still bothering him? Has he lost the appetite to chase defenders down? Has he decided the relegation fight isn’t for him? Is he already fixed up for next season so he’s not risking injury? Who knows, but he’s no use to us at all in his post injury form.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 21:41 - Jan 2 with 4860 viewsRAFCBLUE

Scott Quigley - Explain on 21:36 - Jan 2 by Brierls

Quigley has been a good non league/League Two striker all his career. He is going to have good and bad games, I think he showed that in the short time he was with us pre-injury, But he at least gave defenders something to think about, even when it wasn’t really running for him.

He’s been terrible since returning from injury. There’s no getting away from that. Is it still bothering him? Has he lost the appetite to chase defenders down? Has he decided the relegation fight isn’t for him? Is he already fixed up for next season so he’s not risking injury? Who knows, but he’s no use to us at all in his post injury form.

https://www.stockportcounty.com/squad/scott-quigley/

According to this, Scott Quigley is contracted to Stockport until 2023/24 having signed a three year deal at the start of the 2021/22 season.

https://www.stockportcounty.com/county-add-prolific-striker-quigley/

The above pointed out that most of his goals at Barrow came after Christmas so lets hope he's a second half of the season player.

Despite taking until November last to score his first goal back in the EFL, the Shrewsbury born forward soon found his form again, finishing the season with 15 goals in League Two to help ensure Barrow’s survival. He was soon voted as the Club’s Supporters’ Player of the Year for 2020/21.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Scott Quigley - Explain on 22:10 - Jan 2 with 4759 viewsBrierls

Scott Quigley - Explain on 21:41 - Jan 2 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.stockportcounty.com/squad/scott-quigley/

According to this, Scott Quigley is contracted to Stockport until 2023/24 having signed a three year deal at the start of the 2021/22 season.

https://www.stockportcounty.com/county-add-prolific-striker-quigley/

The above pointed out that most of his goals at Barrow came after Christmas so lets hope he's a second half of the season player.

Despite taking until November last to score his first goal back in the EFL, the Shrewsbury born forward soon found his form again, finishing the season with 15 goals in League Two to help ensure Barrow’s survival. He was soon voted as the Club’s Supporters’ Player of the Year for 2020/21.

15 is excessive, I’ll settle for 10.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 17:03 - Jan 5 with 3831 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Scott Quigley - Explain on 21:13 - Jan 2 by HullDale

I don’t see anything wrong in what he says, he had other offers and did not expect us to be where we are, which is fair enough.

He might still be injured, might not appreciate the levels of commitment of others, might think he was misled when he signed, who knows. He is still better than anything we have so hopefully with a few additions things will pick up. A couple of the right signing will make a huge difference if they are the right one, particularly a decent midfielder.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Scott Quigley - Explain on 18:07 - Jan 5 with 3666 viewsdingdangblue

Scott Quigley - Explain on 20:09 - Jan 2 by HullDale

Funnily enough if he was playing well and scoring we wouldn't be where we are.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024