Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where there's a will - there's a way 23:38 - Jan 4 with 1219 viewsApex

Hi guys, It pointless to think and talk negatively, there is still time for the manager to get it right and for the the board buy two fast strikers to avoid the drop.

It may be true that the new manager is out of his depth but let's be fair he was chucked in the deep end, for him its really a case of work in progress and for the board should urgently spend wisely to help him. As the old saying goes " You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear" or to put it another way successes don't come cheap - or Premier survival.

I keep on saying a 442 formation with two very fast strikers would win us more games and maybe Premiership survival, the fans could take a poll requesting this and maybe just maybe the board will listen and send out the scouts, the requite ingredient is - real pace.

APEX

Where there's a will - there's a way on 23:45 - Jan 4 with 1183 viewsGRIM

Unfortunately we need more than a couple of good strikers.
We have weaknesses all over the park.
Defensively we're a shambles.
Midfield lacks muscle & creativity,
I could go on but I won't.
We carry more passengers than Blue Star buses.
Where there's a will - there's a way on 23:52 - Jan 4 with 1154 viewsSteveMoron

I admire your optimism but we are sleepwalking into relegation. We won't win a premier league game with Jones in charge.
Where there's a will - there's a way on 00:02 - Jan 5 with 1115 views1885_SFC

I too admire your optimism Apex. But Nathan Jones has had 6 weeks to work with this squad.

Imagine therefore, how much shItter we'll be after he's had another 6 weeks to work with them!

Old School is Cool

Where there's a will - there's a way on 00:03 - Jan 5 with 1112 viewsGRIM

Where there's a will - there's a way on 23:52 - Jan 4 by SteveMoron

I admire your optimism but we are sleepwalking into relegation. We won't win a premier league game with Jones in charge.

The only consolation is that we won't get related with the lowest points total.
Thankfully Derby only managed 11 points when they were related.
Where there's a will - there's a way on 00:05 - Jan 5 with 1109 viewsSouthamptonfan

My heart said we would fight tonight and battle out a win for the start of a great escape. My head then said that we couldn't score if we played all night. This team is lacking leadership, match winners, goal scorers, bottle, the lot. The players are weak little midgets, all far too young - it's literally men versus boys out there. There is no hope this year. We just arn't good enough.

We always had an Ings, a Tadic, a Gabbiadini, a Le Tiss, to give us hope. There is literally nothing! We are going to be relegated.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Where there's a will - there's a way on 00:10 - Jan 5 with 1096 viewsApex

Hi Grim, you are quite right some improvements are required but once a team starts getting into the the habit of scoring and winning matches every player is motivated to raise their game and moral soars and your team could go on a roll, look at Newcastle United

Remember the old saying "Attack is the best form of defence" 442 and two fast strikers is the way, if your defence is week you score more goals it's as simple as that.

APEX
Where there's a will - there's a way on 00:13 - Jan 5 with 1088 viewsSouthamptonfan

Where there's a will - there's a way on 00:10 - Jan 5 by Apex

Hi Grim, you are quite right some improvements are required but once a team starts getting into the the habit of scoring and winning matches every player is motivated to raise their game and moral soars and your team could go on a roll, look at Newcastle United

Remember the old saying "Attack is the best form of defence" 442 and two fast strikers is the way, if your defence is week you score more goals it's as simple as that.

APEX

Newcastle have spent millions on fantastic players. We can't score. We don't have any match winners because we buy pathetic players who arn't good enough.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Where there's a will - there's a way on 14:31 - Jan 5 with 805 viewsApex

Where there's a will - there's a way on 00:10 - Jan 5 by Apex

APEX

Yes Newcastle United have have a huge stadium and supporter base but not so long ago they were where we are now, - in trouble . They've now got a good manager who the players respect and he has motivated a few average players to be great, and with their financial backing in addition they can buy success like all the top clubs do.

It's no brainer that the Southampton FC cannot match the big clubs with deep pockets but over the many years that I've supported them I have enjoyed seeing many of our great players for as long as we could keep them. Yes we have often sold our best players because we HAD to and we mostly wished them well, if we are honest who among us would turn down a chance to change jobs for triple our wages.

Twelve million for a player would seem peanuts to the top ten clubs but it's a lot to lower placed clubs, so I would ask the board to please consider this, the next time the poachers come in for our best players if you HAVE to sell them don't get a player exchange deal; and double the asking price, they can afford it.

I think the lights are burning late in the Saints board room now and I would say to the Saints supporters don't despair it's early days, and remember; Matt once scored the finale goal at the Del which kept us up.

APEX
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024