Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradford match thread 18:23 - Jan 10 with 17349 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bradford match thread on 18:29 - Jan 10 with 7587 viewsDale_4_Life

Monsoon Like conditions lets play it could be a leveller!
Bradford match thread on 18:41 - Jan 10 with 7498 views442Dale

This is quite good for updates:

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/23242030.live-blog-bradford-city-v-

<< 6:32pm
The pitch looked in decent shape when I arrived here just before 5pm and ref Paul Howard seemed happy having had an early check.

But heavy rain ever since has changed the situation - with the officials particularly concerned about the two ends on the Midland Road side.

The ground staff will continue forking those areas between now and kick-off. Unfortunately the forecast is for much of the same for at least the next couple of hours ...>>

Bradford match thread on 18:47 - Jan 10 with 7451 views442Dale

Five at the back? No Graham, whilst Taylor and John return. Quigley and Ball dropped.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 18:47]

Bradford match thread on 18:47 - Jan 10 with 7445 viewsHullDale

Bradford match thread on 18:49 - Jan 10 with 7408 views442Dale

The biggest concern, even if it’s called off, is no Campbell on the bench.

Bradford match thread on 18:50 - Jan 10 with 7378 viewsTVOS1907

Bradford match thread on 18:41 - Jan 10 by 442Dale

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/23242030.live-blog-bradford-city-v-

The pitch looked in decent shape when I arrived here just before 5pm and ref Paul Howard seemed happy having had an early check.

But heavy rain ever since has changed the situation - with the officials particularly concerned about the two ends on the Midland Road side.

The ground staff will continue forking those areas between now and kick-off. Unfortunately the forecast is for much of the same for at least the next couple of hours ...>>

That Simon Parker is really good and has been for years. I know it's a city paper, but it serves as an example of how a dedicated local reporter can do his job to a high standard if he wants to.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bradford match thread on 18:54 - Jan 10 with 7333 views442Dale

Bradford match thread on 18:50 - Jan 10 by TVOS1907

That Simon Parker is really good and has been for years. I know it's a city paper, but it serves as an example of how a dedicated local reporter can do his job to a high standard if he wants to.

And he’s actually a Portsmouth fan.

He clearly cares about his readers who look for information rather than repeating what’s available elsewhere.

Bradford match thread on 18:54 - Jan 10 with 7324 views49thseason

Bradford match thread on 18:41 - Jan 10 by 442Dale

Rochdale forecast for next 7 days is grim, between 100% to 70% chance of rain every day. 4 hours of respite tonight and then more or less constant rain until next Tuesday.
Login to get fewer ads

Bradford match thread on 19:00 - Jan 10 with 7232 views442Dale

Bradford match thread on 18:54 - Jan 10 by 49thseason

Rochdale forecast for next 7 days is grim, between 100% to 70% chance of rain every day. 4 hours of respite tonight and then more or less constant rain until next Tuesday.

Depends which forecast you look at, BBC have sunshine and showers plus various percentages ranging from 20+ to 80+% between now and Saturday. It even stopped for an hour or so today.

Even then, Saturday may be in doubt with the sheer amount of rain both before and after today.

Bradford match thread on 19:03 - Jan 10 with 7181 views442Dale

Forget the weather, forget the missing players, this indicates we are wearing black socks and so are they.

You can play around puddles akin to Hollingworth Lake, but you can’t carry on when there’s a socks clash.

Bradford match thread on 19:21 - Jan 10 with 6924 viewsnordenblue

Bradford match thread on 18:47 - Jan 10 by HullDale

A game I'd have been more tempted to play McNulty, be interesting to see how/if Quigley responds to being benched
Bradford match thread on 19:37 - Jan 10 with 6674 views442Dale

Bradford match thread on 19:21 - Jan 10 by nordenblue

A game I'd have been more tempted to play McNulty, be interesting to see how/if Quigley responds to being benched

Agreed on McNulty. Always done ok in a back three.

The socks are white. Deserving of three points now, no need to play.

Bradford match thread on 19:47 - Jan 10 with 6523 viewsEllDale

Still struggling to get my head round the formation to be honest.
Are we just setting up to defend and try and nick a point?
Be interesting to see what sort of reception ROD gets at his former club.
Bradford match thread on 19:50 - Jan 10 with 6461 viewsnordenblue

Bradford match thread on 19:47 - Jan 10 by EllDale

Still struggling to get my head round the formation to be honest.
Are we just setting up to defend and try and nick a point?
Be interesting to see what sort of reception ROD gets at his former club.

Set up to try and not lose, then when the inevitable happens its time to shuffle it all around again
Bradford match thread on 20:14 - Jan 10 with 6207 viewskel

Gary Jones is the co-commentator for Bradford on ifoller. Very enjoyable listening to someone who knows the game.
Bradford match thread on 20:25 - Jan 10 with 5942 viewsgolfaduffy

1-0 down. Weak defending by Cameron John and then EEL, and a good finish by them. The pitch is like a paddy field.
Bradford match thread on 20:26 - Jan 10 with 5916 viewsHullDale

Seriki is being rinsed here - hoping for Keohane to RWB and Diagouraga on at half time.
Bradford match thread on 20:36 - Jan 10 with 5697 views100569

Pleased for Max Taylor. He has had a good half.
Bradford match thread on 20:37 - Jan 10 with 5647 viewsNewbury_Dale

Players have worked hard but efforts undone by typical defensive ineptitude from Ebanks Landell and John. Max Taylor showing up well first half.
Bradford match thread on 20:39 - Jan 10 with 5581 viewsjfmolyneux

Seriki has been v poor, gives the ball away a lot and has put 2 or 3 really poor deliveries in from good positions.
Despite how sluggish he looked, this game could maybe do with Quigley,. We need an outlet up top, nothing is sticking with Rodney atm.
Bradford match thread on 20:41 - Jan 10 with 5514 viewsDaleiLama

Bradford match thread on 19:37 - Jan 10 by 442Dale

Agreed on McNulty. Always done ok in a back three.

The socks are white. Deserving of three points now, no need to play.

What were the flashes on the back of Lloyd's socks in the calf area last Saturday? I expected to see you posting we should have forfeited the game?

Edit:
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 21:54]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bradford match thread on 20:43 - Jan 10 with 5432 viewsFrog

Good last 5 minutes but look toothless as usual. Taylor having a good game. Need to try another body up front if we're going to get anything out of this game.
Bradford match thread on 20:43 - Jan 10 with 5434 viewsfourfourtwo

Bradford match thread on 20:39 - Jan 10 by jfmolyneux

Seriki has been v poor, gives the ball away a lot and has put 2 or 3 really poor deliveries in from good positions.
Despite how sluggish he looked, this game could maybe do with Quigley,. We need an outlet up top, nothing is sticking with Rodney atm.

Henderson has put himself about more in that 45 minutes than Quigley has in the last 3 weeks.
Bradford match thread on 20:48 - Jan 10 with 5288 viewsNorthernDale

I could not understand why he selected John, he is always making mistakes, the first half shows why need bodies in.
Bradford match thread on 20:51 - Jan 10 with 5242 viewsDaleiLama

Bradford match thread on 20:43 - Jan 10 by fourfourtwo

Henderson has put himself about more in that 45 minutes than Quigley has in the last 3 weeks.

I had planned to count how many 50:50 headers Quigley won tonight. I started on Saturday after a dire 1st half and he was at 2 out of 7 when he was subbed. He has the leap of a full-term female elephant. I suspect Ibbi could outjump him by at least a foot. Unfortunately that's the only thing Ibbi is good at.

[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 21:53]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024