Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zahawi 22:18 - Jan 21 with 10277 viewsmajorraglan

Football aside, one of the biggest stories of the day concerns our esteemed ex chancellor and current Chairman of the Conservative Party and the requirement for him to pay around £5m in back tax and a penalty. His penalty was allegedly set at the highest point of the “careless” range of 30% and allegedly amounts to £1.1m. Some news streams are giving this story prominent cveragevwhile others aren’t. The question is should he be allowed to remain in government or should he resign/be sacked?

https://www.taxpolicy.org.uk/2023/01/19/zahawi_story/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nadhim-zahawi-tax-legal-action-b2
Zahawi on 18:21 - Jan 29 with 1290 viewsDr_Winston

Zahawi on 17:47 - Jan 29 by Sirjohnalot

Both far wings of the parties aren’t pleasant. The far right tend to be xenophobic racists and the far left of the Labour Party are equally crazy. By far an away the Coybyn Cult are Labour’s biggest threat. I’m far more inclined to the Labour Party despite the Tories probably being better financially for me but i could never vote for them.

Listening to the likes of Raynor, and Nandy on James o Brien’s full disclosure, I’ve far more in common with them than the Tory MPs. Raynor from Stockport, very hard background. Far more equipped to knowing what normal people are like

Labour will almost certainly win the next election, and the SNP may find they’ll struggle in Scotland as a big part of their campaign is Labour couldn’t win an election. They now can.

I’m not the ‘all Tories all bad’ group. My MP is one and a decent guy but every party self implodes. This one is doing just that

The further left or right you go you eventually end up meeting people going the other way. There's not a huge difference in beliefs on either extreme end of the spectrum.

You're spot on with your last paragraph. All Governments have a shelf life and this one reached theirs several years ago. It was only the prospect of a Corbyn led Labour Government of crazies that allowed them to win an election they'd probably have been better off losing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Zahawi on 20:30 - Jan 29 with 1221 viewsmajorraglan

Jacob Rees Mogg talkIng about Zahawi.... “he made some technical errors with his declarations under the ministerial code. ...” I think most people would have put it a lot stronger than that!

Zahawi on 20:39 - Jan 29 with 1215 viewsSirjohnalot

Zahawi on 17:54 - Jan 29 by pencoedjack

Out of interest did you vote for Corbyn in the last election?

Hard question. I voted Lib Dem as they’re the only party in my area that could’ve won against the Tories.

I wanted Labour to be in government as I knew Johnson and his cabinet would be a disaster. I didn’t want Corbyn as PM as I didn’t think he’d be a leader but he’d have been a better choice than Johnson. Despite his many weaknesses he wouldn’t have partied during lockdown. Abbott would’ve been a disaster but still preferable to this shower.

Had Rory Stewart been the Tory leader, we’d have been in a far better position.

So, in answer to your question, I guess I probably did.
Zahawi on 20:57 - Jan 29 with 1199 viewsKilkennyjack

Zahawi on 16:14 - Jan 29 by pencoedjack

I’m shy about nothing butt.

If the tories are best for me & more importantly my working kids & my grandkids then I’ll vote for them.

Unfortunately living in Wales because peoples grandparents voted labour people feel they have too.

Yes you are a shy Tory…… 🤣

Own it. 🇬🇧💩

Beware of the Risen People

Zahawi on 21:02 - Jan 29 with 1191 viewsKilkennyjack

Zahawi on 17:27 - Jan 29 by Badgeman

So you’ll give your ignorant opinion on the hypothetical Welsh election but not on a hypothetical Westminster one. If you were an informed voter with pro business and prosperity values, the Tories would be the last party you’d be voting for but that’s about the level of cognitive dissonance you need to be a Tory voter these days.

You won’t justify your Tory vote because it’s you know it can’t be justified. It’s fine pal. You’re just a shy Tory who votes for them because they let you feel good about sneering at your neighbours and contemporaries. There are loads like you in the country.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 17:29]

This guy is too good …. 👆

Beware of the Risen People

Zahawi on 21:13 - Jan 29 with 1183 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Didn't vote for the two main parties last time, could not vote for the blue incompetent or the red one. This time I'll be carefully reading the CV of each candidate and picking the one who has the best chance of making a strategic decision regardless of the party they represent.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Zahawi on 21:17 - Jan 29 with 1182 viewsDr_Winston

Zahawi on 21:13 - Jan 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

Didn't vote for the two main parties last time, could not vote for the blue incompetent or the red one. This time I'll be carefully reading the CV of each candidate and picking the one who has the best chance of making a strategic decision regardless of the party they represent.

Lately I've tended to go Independent.

It's no secret and probably no shock to anyone that as a general rule I mostly tend centre right, but I refuse to vote for incompetence and the current government is incompetent. I certainly won't vote for Labour in Swansea East as that would mean a vote for the homophobic, bullying halfwit who turns up in the Houses of Parliament dressed like she's off to Bingo.

That doesn't leave me many options.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 21:46]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Zahawi on 21:23 - Jan 29 with 1176 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Zahawi on 21:17 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

It's no secret and probably no shock to anyone that as a general rule I mostly tend centre right, but I refuse to vote for incompetence and the current government is incompetent. I certainly won't vote for Labour in Swansea East as that would mean a vote for the homophobic, bullying halfwit who turns up in the Houses of Parliament dressed like she's off to Bingo.

MPs' CVs make depressing reading. Some of them are so thin it would be difficult to give them a job outside of politics.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Zahawi on 21:26 - Jan 29 with 1172 viewspencoedjack

Things could be worse Dr

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/jamie-wallis-mp-says-he-wants-to-begin-gender-tra
Zahawi on 21:41 - Jan 29 with 1159 viewsDr_Winston

Zahawi on 21:23 - Jan 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

MPs' CVs make depressing reading. Some of them are so thin it would be difficult to give them a job outside of politics.

Something certainly needs to be done about the quality of MP's making it into Parliament. We could probably start by making it a requirement to have a ten year work history, with at least some private sector employment required barring specific sectors such as military or medical.

I've told the story before about my two contacts with the honourable member for Swansea West. One of which involved him reducing a roomful of people to hysterical laughter based on how clueless he was and the second where he just came out and admitted that he had absolutely no idea why he was there.

Zahawi on 21:43 - Jan 29 with 1154 viewsDr_Winston

Zahawi on 21:26 - Jan 29 by pencoedjack

Things could be worse Dr

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/jamie-wallis-mp-says-he-wants-to-begin-gender-tra

I would be more concerned about his driving convictions to be honest.

Zahawi on 21:44 - Jan 29 with 1151 viewsBadgeman

Zahawi on 21:41 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

Something certainly needs to be done about the quality of MP's making it into Parliament. We could probably start by making it a requirement to have a ten year work history, with at least some private sector employment required barring specific sectors such as military or medical.

I've told the story before about my two contacts with the honourable member for Swansea West. One of which involved him reducing a roomful of people to hysterical laughter based on how clueless he was and the second where he just came out and admitted that he had absolutely no idea why he was there.

Omg you absolutely cannot leave it there. Please spill.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Zahawi on 21:54 - Jan 29 with 1125 viewsFlashberryjack

Isn't she the one that goes to Westminster for a good kip ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Zahawi on 22:00 - Jan 29 with 1120 viewsScotia

Zahawi on 21:41 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

Geraint Davies is useless.

I not a fan of politicians who have no links to their constituency, as far as I know his only link to the area is a Welsh name. He was parachuted in to a safe seat by the Westminster Labour Party after losing his seat elsewhere, I can't remember where though.

I'm not a fan of Carolyn Harris or Mike Hedges but they do make an effort. I don't think Geraint Davies does at all, I bet he doesn't even live here.
Zahawi on 22:02 - Jan 29 with 1116 viewsDr_Winston

Zahawi on 21:54 - Jan 29 by Flashberryjack

Isn't she the one that goes to Westminster for a good kip ?

That's the one.

Zahawi on 22:07 - Jan 29 with 1111 viewsBadgeman

Zahawi on 22:00 - Jan 29 by Scotia

I not a fan of politicians who have no links to their constituency, as far as I know his only link to the area is a Welsh name. He was parachuted in to a safe seat by the Westminster Labour Party after losing his seat elsewhere, I can't remember where though.

I'm not a fan of Carolyn Harris or Mike Hedges but they do make an effort. I don't think Geraint Davies does at all, I bet he doesn't even live here.

He was the MP for Croydon Central until 2005 and was one of the biggest expenses claimers in the country.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Zahawi on 22:19 - Jan 29 with 1086 viewsmajorraglan

Apparently his father was from Aberystwyth, his mother’s family were from Swansea and he grew up in Cardiff. As has been sad, he lived up in Croydon for a while.
Zahawi on 22:21 - Jan 29 with 1085 viewsFireboy2

For the record the guy who this topic is about was parachuted into the safe Stratford-upon-Avon seat in 2010, it isn't just labour mps just saying 😉
Zahawi on 22:23 - Jan 29 with 1083 viewsDr_Winston

Zahawi on 22:21 - Jan 29 by Fireboy2

For the record the guy who this topic is about was parachuted into the safe Stratford-upon-Avon seat in 2010, it isn't just labour mps just saying 😉

No doubt. Political placemen have existed for as long as politics has. Winston Churchill represented about half a dozen constituencies throughout his career if memory serves.

Zahawi on 22:52 - Jan 29 with 1060 viewsonehunglow

Zahawi on 20:39 - Jan 29 by Sirjohnalot

Hard question. I voted Lib Dem as they’re the only party in my area that could’ve won against the Tories.

I wanted Labour to be in government as I knew Johnson and his cabinet would be a disaster. I didn’t want Corbyn as PM as I didn’t think he’d be a leader but he’d have been a better choice than Johnson. Despite his many weaknesses he wouldn’t have partied during lockdown. Abbott would’ve been a disaster but still preferable to this shower.

Had Rory Stewart been the Tory leader, we’d have been in a far better position.

So, in answer to your question, I guess I probably did.

Nobody should feel bullied into how they vote

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Zahawi on 22:53 - Jan 29 with 1054 viewsSirjohnalot

Zahawi on 22:52 - Jan 29 by onehunglow

Nobody should feel bullied into how they vote

I don’t feel bullied at all. Thought it was a very fair question, but I appreciate you saying that. Thanks
Zahawi on 22:55 - Jan 29 with 1044 viewsonehunglow

Zahawi on 17:40 - Jan 29 by Badgeman

Instead of offering pity you should offer some your intelligent insight instead of bottling it up.

Instead of using this site as a political platform ,maybe you should canvass elsewhere

One party state is what you are looking for ,just like USSR .

State controls all.

Zahawi on 08:41 - Jan 30 with 992 viewspencoedjack

Zahawi on 22:53 - Jan 29 by Sirjohnalot

I don’t feel bullied at all. Thought it was a very fair question, but I appreciate you saying that. Thanks

As I am sure you are aware that was not my intention John.
Zahawi on 10:02 - Jan 30 with 969 viewsSirjohnalot

Zahawi on 08:41 - Jan 30 by pencoedjack

As I am sure you are aware that was not my intention John.

Not for a moment.
Zahawi on 10:39 - Jan 30 with 947 viewsonehunglow

Zahawi on 22:53 - Jan 29 by Sirjohnalot

Maybe bullied not the apostate word but certainly posters are being cornered into revealing how they vote.
I have voted for all major parties and some independent ones too.
Normally I vote for anyone who does not pigeon hole me and categorise me.

I worry about anyone calling me workin* classor middle class to my face or worse as ordinary ,as I’m still rather volatile .

None of us are ordinary

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024