Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cash Tickets 13:43 - Jan 23 with 2617 viewsdalemark

Now available on matchdays...

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/january/cashticketsavailable_jan23/

Feels like a great step forward and something we've been asking for. Credit where its due!

Hopefully its widely advertised, we see a good uptake and the team give POTD supporters something to come back for next time.
Cash Tickets on 15:21 - Jan 23 with 2429 views49thseason

Certainly makes things easier for people who realise they can get there at short notice, I'm thinking about lads whose match on Firgrove or somewhere gets called off, or someone who usually has to work a bit later who gets out early, and especially people who cant be fussed with online purchases on phones etc.
Cash Tickets on 15:46 - Jan 23 with 2357 viewsD_Alien

"[with] the reports that are required to be submitted to the EFL regarding the breakdown of those attending, it is not possible to run a cash turnstile on matchdays."

Taken from: https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/01/10891/

Hugely welcome improvement, and pleased to see the above no longer being used as a smokescreen. It'll be interesting to see if those buying cash tickets will have their demographic logged.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 15:47]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Cash Tickets on 15:48 - Jan 23 with 2344 viewsDalenet

Cash Tickets on 15:46 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

"[with] the reports that are required to be submitted to the EFL regarding the breakdown of those attending, it is not possible to run a cash turnstile on matchdays."

Hugely welcome improvement, and pleased to see the above no longer being used as a smokescreen. It'll be interesting to see if those buying cash tickets will have their demographic logged.

They still don't have a cash turnstile so that rule still applies. They just have more ticket offices moving forward where you can queue to buy a ticket with cash. An improvement none the less
Cash Tickets on 15:49 - Jan 23 with 2338 viewsD_Alien

Cash Tickets on 15:48 - Jan 23 by Dalenet

They still don't have a cash turnstile so that rule still applies. They just have more ticket offices moving forward where you can queue to buy a ticket with cash. An improvement none the less

Apologies, i probably added my edit whilst you were posting

Cash Tickets on 16:01 - Jan 23 with 2293 viewsdiver

“cash only “ does this mean they do not have a card machine?
Cash Tickets on 16:47 - Jan 23 with 2186 viewsblackdogblue

“Cash back” after a dreadful performance might incentivise the club into doing something about the squad 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Cash Tickets on 18:48 - Jan 23 with 1993 views442Dale

Cash Tickets on 15:46 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

It’s a positive development although it’s still not a cash turnstile where people can turn up and not have to go somewhere else first.

It could be so those demographics can be logged. Though how hard is it for the same to be done on a turnstile? The bloke on the Sandy has a ticket reader, you’d think he could have a pen and paper too!

However, as other have said, credit to the club for looking to improve the situation by at least breaking down the one big queue that was obviously a problem.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Cash Tickets on 19:42 - Jan 23 with 1861 viewspioneer

Cash Tickets on 18:48 - Jan 23 by 442Dale

It’s a positive development although it’s still not a cash turnstile where people can turn up and not have to go somewhere else first.

It could be so those demographics can be logged. Though how hard is it for the same to be done on a turnstile? The bloke on the Sandy has a ticket reader, you’d think he could have a pen and paper too!

However, as other have said, credit to the club for looking to improve the situation by at least breaking down the one big queue that was obviously a problem.

Agreed a positive move.
What demographics are currently logged and how is that information sourced?
Login to get fewer ads

Cash Tickets on 12:36 - Jan 24 with 1620 viewswatford_dale

Cash Tickets on 19:42 - Jan 23 by pioneer

Agreed a positive move.
What demographics are currently logged and how is that information sourced?

Absolutely no idea what demographics have ever been logged. I have bought tickets for the sandy or pearl street and the only question ever asked is cash or card, there was no request for a supporter number or anything.

They don't want turnstiles handling cash as this creates a risk of theft, may impact insurance policies etc. It is far easier to control through just a couple of points of sale.
Cash Tickets on 12:44 - Jan 24 with 1606 viewspioneer

Cash Tickets on 12:36 - Jan 24 by watford_dale

Absolutely no idea what demographics have ever been logged. I have bought tickets for the sandy or pearl street and the only question ever asked is cash or card, there was no request for a supporter number or anything.

They don't want turnstiles handling cash as this creates a risk of theft, may impact insurance policies etc. It is far easier to control through just a couple of points of sale.

Me too which is why i asked…yet trust were told by the club thatthey have to provide a breakdown of who attended.

All a mystery.. All i provide is a credit card.
Cash Tickets on 12:47 - Jan 24 with 1600 viewsD_Alien

Cash Tickets on 12:36 - Jan 24 by watford_dale

That's been the thought behind my earlier post

If demographics have to be submitted to the EFL, who does it, how is it collated and what feedback (if any) do football league teams receive for doing this? When did it start? Where are the results published, or if not published, who does what with this info?

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but given there's no public insight into this process, the alternative theory is that the club were bullshitting the Dale Trust

Cash Tickets on 12:57 - Jan 24 with 1576 viewsDaleiLama

Cash Tickets on 12:47 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

That's been the thought behind my earlier post

If demographics have to be submitted to the EFL, who does it, how is it collated and what feedback (if any) do football league teams receive for doing this? When did it start? Where are the results published, or if not published, who does what with this info?

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but given there's no public insight into this process, the alternative theory is that the club were bullshitting the Dale Trust

The club already has my demographics, but as a guest, I've brought my g/f, her dad, my boss from Milan, my best mate and my old next door neighbour (not all at once). Never been asked for any of their details, and in fact I buy on line where possible so don't even speak to anyone.

I also feel like the EFL can stick their demographics where the sun don't shine for all they've ever done for us and will ever do for us. The 3 up 3 down idea has made me despise them even more than I did before their sit-in on the fence during the hostile takeover (although it could work in our favour when we go down? Feck em.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Cash Tickets on 13:05 - Jan 24 with 1566 viewsD_Alien

Cash Tickets on 12:57 - Jan 24 by DaleiLama

The club already has my demographics, but as a guest, I've brought my g/f, her dad, my boss from Milan, my best mate and my old next door neighbour (not all at once). Never been asked for any of their details, and in fact I buy on line where possible so don't even speak to anyone.

I also feel like the EFL can stick their demographics where the sun don't shine for all they've ever done for us and will ever do for us. The 3 up 3 down idea has made me despise them even more than I did before their sit-in on the fence during the hostile takeover (although it could work in our favour when we go down? Feck em.

The thought also occurred to me: what's to stop clubs from making the stats up? Who would know? What bloody difference would it make? if, for instance, we were having fewer females/Milanese bosses/citizens of Guatemala through the turnstiles than average, wtf are we supposed to do about it?

PS: hope your Milanese boss reciprocated!

Cash Tickets on 14:59 - Jan 24 with 1451 viewsDaleiLama

Cash Tickets on 13:05 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

The thought also occurred to me: what's to stop clubs from making the stats up? Who would know? What bloody difference would it make? if, for instance, we were having fewer females/Milanese bosses/citizens of Guatemala through the turnstiles than average, wtf are we supposed to do about it?

PS: hope your Milanese boss reciprocated!

He's an AS Roma fan - and not yet!

Any my best mate now lives in Wilmington NC, not Guatemala ........ - in fact that may be the only place he hasn't lived?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024