Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Anyone Have A Good Word To Say About Southampton Football Club ? 13:02 - Jan 25 with 6393 viewsSaintNick

I sat last night amongst a fair few people whose only words of encouragement to our players was to demand they leave the pitch or to call them ****, I read social media and one here and read nothing but abuse, there always has to be a scapegoat, always has to be someone to blame for some.

Since the summer of 2014 there has been constant slagging off of this football club, even reaching cup semi finals & indeed in 2017 a cup final wasn't good enough for many.

They all claim the club has no ambition, then on the other hand take pride in telling the world they won't be renewing season tickets or going to matches.

Last night there were the best part of 1,800 empty seats in the ground and this for a cup semi final FFS. Where is the ambition of the fans, the answer is knocked out of them by the constant barrage of negative comments about the club.

Our new owners havent been given a chance by some !

Truth is a small minority started calling everything **** in the summer of 2014 and have continued to do so ever since and slowly but surely worn the rest down so they all believe it.

They think we have a god given right to be in the Premier League and we should spend our way to the top six and that it is as easy as that !

The truth is in the last 9 years we have had as good a time as most clubs outside of the big 6, up to this season in the last 8 seasons we have had 4 top 10 finishes, an 11th place, 2 15th's and up till now just one relegation battle in that time, we have also reached 4 cup semi finals, one of which we reached the final.

This period of time has been as good virtually any period in our history , aside from 1976-86, yet it is still not enough for some.

I sat in the ground last night and thought that for many now the main attraction of supporting Saints is not to encourage them and cheer them on, but sit there like Waldorf & Stadler in the Muppet Show constantly sniping at who is the latest Fozzie Bear in front of them.

The enjoyment now seems to be about having a good moan and being able to boast on social media that you were right.

I'm not having a go at the "fans" as some would claim I do, nor am I claiming to be the best supporter in the world, indeed the majority of supporters who get behind their team.

I know that last night I watched the game with the sole aim of us winning and hopefully the whole team doing well, I cheered them on and offered words of encouragement, there were many there who will not be able to say that.

Discuss

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Does Anyone Have A Good Word To Say About Southampton Football Club ? on 20:20 - Jan 27 with 715 viewsgrumpy

Does Anyone Have A Good Word To Say About Southampton Football Club ? on 19:34 - Jan 27 by Berber

If only that was realistic. Sadly. The history of clubs relegated from the PL is not so rosy.

Didn’t we end up in Div 1 last time.🙁
Does Anyone Have A Good Word To Say About Southampton Football Club ? on 22:36 - Jan 27 with 632 viewsBuggalugs

Does Anyone Have A Good Word To Say About Southampton Football Club ? on 20:20 - Jan 27 by grumpy

Didn’t we end up in Div 1 last time.🙁

Yes and the re-build and promotions that followed were the most enjoyable seasons ever.

Nothing’s guaranteed of course, but just hoping 3 teams are worse than you season after season is so pointless and boring.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024