Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions for the fans forum 10:35 - Feb 6 with 11706 viewsTomRAFC

I fear there is a risk that the fans forum could become quite toxic, with the mic being passed from person to person wanting to have a good old rant. Cathartic as that might be, there's enough crucial questions to be asked to take up the entire evening. I'd hate for us to come out the other side of this opportunity non the wiser on some crucial topics due to an excessive amount of time spent bickering.

What are the questions people are most keen to hear asked and answered.

On the playing side:
Why was Brierley allowed to go on trial when we needed him in the squad?

Why has Eastwood continued to be selected/seen as an upgrade on O'Donnell?

On the club side:
After the specific statement in the Chairman's letter at the EGM that the share release was not designed to enable a takeover, when was his mind changed and does he see how this differs from the information people based their votes on at the EGM?

What is the role of George Delves, and is there a reason he does not sit on the panel at Forums?

Has the club tried to access outside support from someone with experience of running a football club?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 10:41]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Questions for the fans forum on 17:10 - Feb 7 with 3019 viewselectricblue

Questions for the fans forum on 14:50 - Feb 7 by surb_dale

Expect current squad would have us down amongst Oldham and Scunny in this seasons National League but based on the squad list thread we only have 9 players contracted for next season so there is scope for a manager to reshape the squad if finances allow should we go down.

RS GK Richard O'Donnell - Summer 2024
JB RB/CB Toby Mullarkey - Summer 2024
RS CB Ethan Ebanks-Landell - Summer 2024
RS CB Max Taylor - Summer 2024
RS LCB Cameron John - Summer 2024
RS CM James Ball - Summer 2024
RS AM Abraham Odoh - Summer 2024
RS CF Tahvon Campbell - Summer 2024
RS CF Devante Rodney - Summer 2024

I'd like to think we could offload some of these (Ebanks and O'Donnell) whilst others like Mullarkey and Taylor could be decent assets in National league along with Campbell if he can finally shake off injury. John, Ball and Rodney will prove hard to shift so we maybe stuck with them tho!

Rather keep Graham over John anytime....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Questions for the fans forum on 17:19 - Feb 7 with 2979 views_Stefan_Kuntz

The forum is not being broadcasted live. Will it subsequently be broadcasted in full on local radio? Will it be available on the Rochdale club site in audio format or in audio-video format?
Questions for the fans forum on 18:06 - Feb 7 with 2883 viewskel

Questions for the fans forum on 17:19 - Feb 7 by _Stefan_Kuntz

The forum is not being broadcasted live. Will it subsequently be broadcasted in full on local radio? Will it be available on the Rochdale club site in audio format or in audio-video format?

Local radio? I think they’re busy that night analysing Ian Evatt’s stool sample in a three hour special.
Questions for the fans forum on 18:18 - Feb 7 with 2848 viewsjudd

Questions for the fans forum on 18:06 - Feb 7 by kel

Local radio? I think they’re busy that night analysing Ian Evatt’s stool sample in a three hour special.

That's on Turdsday too.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Questions for the fans forum on 20:03 - Feb 7 with 2650 viewsShun

Questions for the fans forum on 15:20 - Feb 7 by kel

I actually think Rodney has done ok considering the shite he has to play with. Ball and John simply can’t be arsed and I’d happily drive them to whichever club is daft enough to take them off out hands.

For John’s sake I hope it’s Preston.
Questions for the fans forum on 21:44 - Feb 7 with 2455 viewskel

Questions for the fans forum on 17:57 - Feb 6 by judd

I think I know.

As kel posted elsewhere, let's see those so critical if the board front up at the forum with their vitriol and gossip-fuelled ire.

Noticeable too how some posters seem to have gone missing in the run up to Thursday. It’s all very predictable.
Questions for the fans forum on 21:51 - Feb 7 with 2421 views442Dale

Questions for the fans forum on 21:44 - Feb 7 by kel

Noticeable too how some posters seem to have gone missing in the run up to Thursday. It’s all very predictable.

Maybe they’re putting together some questions?

It’ll be interesting to see how the evening is managed as the last couple of times it’s seen the host (former tannoy announcer) sweep across the room asking each table/part of the room if there are any questions. Hopefully there will be an opportunity for everyone to get theirs asked and even returning to follow-ups if required.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Questions for the fans forum on 22:21 - Feb 7 with 2316 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Not a question, more a simple request.....Please can the Media Team up date our Official Twitter Account on distant AWAY matches in particular, with live updates on what's happening on the pitch? Leighanne was brilliant in recent times,and much better than the written commentary on Sky Sports.

Ta!
Login to get fewer ads

Questions for the fans forum on 22:25 - Feb 7 with 2301 viewsjudd

Questions for the fans forum on 21:44 - Feb 7 by kel

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, fella.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Questions for the fans forum on 22:35 - Feb 7 with 2273 views442Dale

Questions for the fans forum on 22:21 - Feb 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

Not a question, more a simple request.....Please can the Media Team up date our Official Twitter Account on distant AWAY matches in particular, with live updates on what's happening on the pitch? Leighanne was brilliant in recent times,and much better than the written commentary on Sky Sports.

Ta!

When did they stop?

Questions for the fans forum on 06:31 - Feb 8 with 2129 viewsdingdangblue

Questions for the fans forum on 22:21 - Feb 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

Ta!

Yeah they keep commenting on opposition good play, shots, goals and wins but hardly mention ours!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Questions for the fans forum on 07:36 - Feb 8 with 2079 viewsrkershaw

Questions for the fans forum on 06:31 - Feb 8 by dingdangblue

Yeah they keep commenting on opposition good play, shots, goals and wins but hardly mention ours!

If the club want to look at what media relations with fans should look like then they could much worse than to look at the social feeds from their rugby league ground sharing counterparts which is absolutely first class!!
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 7:37]
Questions for the fans forum on 09:13 - Feb 8 with 1966 viewssurb_dale

Questions for the fans forum on 22:35 - Feb 7 by 442Dale

When did they stop?

As someone else mentioned it would be great if they could post how the team is lining up once the game is underway as its often difficult to work out who is playing where just from the team line-up. Ideally also changes in formation during the game but maybe the person that does the feed isnt tactically aware enough to spot the changes.

There can be spells where there is no update on twitter feed for 15 minutes or longer during a game but that generally just reflects that nothing much is happening on the pitch.
Questions for the fans forum on 09:15 - Feb 8 with 1963 viewsfourfourtwo

Questions for the fans forum on 09:13 - Feb 8 by surb_dale

As someone else mentioned it would be great if they could post how the team is lining up once the game is underway as its often difficult to work out who is playing where just from the team line-up. Ideally also changes in formation during the game but maybe the person that does the feed isnt tactically aware enough to spot the changes.

There can be spells where there is no update on twitter feed for 15 minutes or longer during a game but that generally just reflects that nothing much is happening on the pitch.

It’s hard to work out who’s playing where when you’re actually at the game these days.
Questions for the fans forum on 12:54 - Feb 8 with 1709 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Questions for the fans forum on 22:35 - Feb 7 by 442Dale

When did they stop?

Again, you missed the point.....they have not stopped. They provide a basic commentary on subs, goals conceded, corner conceded by...., etc. All fine. But a bit more comment regarding decent attempts, clearances, overloads maybe, even flare instances would help.

See surb's comment below, he knows what I'm driving at.......
Questions for the fans forum on 13:04 - Feb 8 with 1687 viewsblackdogblue

Questions for the fans forum on 12:54 - Feb 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

Again, you missed the point.....they have not stopped. They provide a basic commentary on subs, goals conceded, corner conceded by...., etc. All fine. But a bit more comment regarding decent attempts, clearances, overloads maybe, even flare instances would help.

I somewhat disagree with some of this above in general. You cannot watch & type at the same time. By typing trivial updates for the sake of it they might miss something.

It's the same when posting on matchday threads, eyes down is not eyes forwards.

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Questions for the fans forum on 13:18 - Feb 8 with 1651 viewsgolfaduffy

Questions for the fans forum on 13:04 - Feb 8 by blackdogblue

I somewhat disagree with some of this above in general. You cannot watch & type at the same time. By typing trivial updates for the sake of it they might miss something.

It's the same when posting on matchday threads, eyes down is not eyes forwards.

But YD is correct that quite often there are no updates for 10-15 minutes, followed by several in quicktime.

Sometimes (in hospital for eg) it's not possible to get ifollo so i have to rely on the twitter feeds and this board. Sometiomes it's good other times it's very slowly updated.

Course it gives 442 another chance to have an unnecassary pop at YD. Surprised t'other one hasn't joined in yet.
Questions for the fans forum on 13:35 - Feb 8 with 1592 views442Dale

Questions for the fans forum on 12:54 - Feb 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

Didn’t realise there was another time the point was missed!

I was asking when they stopped. Yours and the other replies have also expanded on it.

Don’t follow the matchday updates, it’s a valid point if things have changed so was wondering when that occurred. It may have been Leighanne did or didn’t do them before and it could just be the workload on matchdays has changed.

Might be worth emailing the media team?

Questions for the fans forum on 14:52 - Feb 8 with 1507 viewsTVOS1907

Questions for the fans forum on 13:18 - Feb 8 by golfaduffy

But YD is correct that quite often there are no updates for 10-15 minutes, followed by several in quicktime.

Sometimes (in hospital for eg) it's not possible to get ifollo so i have to rely on the twitter feeds and this board. Sometiomes it's good other times it's very slowly updated.

Course it gives 442 another chance to have an unnecassary pop at YD. Surprised t'other one hasn't joined in yet.

Sorry, been watching a veterans golf tournament.

Or was it tennis?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Questions for the fans forum on 23:00 - Feb 8 with 1177 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Questions for the fans forum on 14:52 - Feb 8 by TVOS1907

Sorry, been watching a veterans golf tournament.

Or was it tennis?

What about watching Belinda Carlisle in the BBC Piano Room last week....you would love that......and she did a damn good Carpenters hit, so I'm told.
Questions for the fans forum on 23:55 - Feb 8 with 1113 viewsTVOS1907

Questions for the fans forum on 23:00 - Feb 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

What about watching Belinda Carlisle in the BBC Piano Room last week....you would love that......and she did a damn good Carpenters hit, so I'm told.

Oh yes, I heard about that. I will have to get it on BBC Sounds.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024