Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread 12:57 - Feb 13 with 42145 viewsenfieldargh

OK Violin Cases at the ready

Whose going to Loftus Road and whose going to their local Tratoria tomorrow night

Cant see our lot getting much from this game.

Jack Clarke tormentor in chief

Where has all the love gone

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:03 - Feb 14 with 2950 viewslave16

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 21:41 - Feb 14 by QPR_Jim

Have to agree. I think our problem is the squad not the manager. We talk about passion but loan players aren't going to be driven to perform when the going is tough. I think the reason we're over reliant on loans again is down to Ferdinand unfortunately.

From seeing Rob dickie dribbling from his own half and scoring to the same player punting it to the halfway line so he's in position to punt it to the halfway line again I'd say west ham are happy they kept their 10 million - the confidence has went out of this team like a flush down the u bend - some look like they're trying but are not sure what they're trying - 50 points look a big ask at this rate

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:05 - Feb 14 with 2912 viewsGloryHunter

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 21:56 - Feb 14 by safcinpeace

To be fair you were better than a lot of teams we have played this season. Chair was always a threat and Martin did well and if that header across to goal at 1-0 had gone in it would haveeen a different gamer, especially as we were below par.

Why are you being so nice to us?
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:07 - Feb 14 with 2832 viewsStrawberryHillR

Every goal we concede at the moment could have been lifted from a Danny Baker VHS, it's poor beyond words.

The manager only survives for financial reasons, surely, but it's absolutely the players that need kicking out, there's very few I'd be happy to see there next season.
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:10 - Feb 14 with 2758 viewsGreenbay

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 21:53 - Feb 14 by stainrods_elbow

What - for managing us from 6th to 16th in a few short weeks!? Give your head a wobble!

You seem - as usual - to forget that we were heading south as I recall with our previous disgraceful manager claiming - was it - just one point from his last 5 games?
I'm going to be kind to you - as no one is ever kind to you for many reasons - do tell us what you would like to do to keep us in the Championship with 14 games to go? And it looks like - as said - we need a point a game. Perhaps as a suggestion for you - we need a miracle worker - or even perhaps yourself could be in charge?
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:10 - Feb 14 with 2752 viewssafcinpeace

Because I have supported Sunderland for so long and been through so much pain I know what it feels like to be in the middle of the sort of run you are in. When you are there you often miss the positives.

Keep the faith.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:10 - Feb 14 with 2745 viewsR_from_afar

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 21:56 - Feb 14 by safcinpeace

To be fair you were better than a lot of teams we have played this season. Chair was always a threat and Martin did well and if that header across to goal at 1-0 had gone in it would haveeen a different gamer, especially as we were below par.

Thank you for trying to make us feel better. I didn’t see the first half - mercifully - but thought we competed well in the second without creating any real chances, until the penalty was saved and your second went in. Then it all fell apart for us. Again.

Your lot were clinical, we weren’t and haven’t been for years.

It’s brutal supporting this club.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:11 - Feb 14 with 2734 viewsCLAREMAN1995

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:00 - Feb 14 by MedwayR

I thought Dozzell was one of the few actually trying tonight, still too many mistakes though.

Trying to get sent off maybe still cannot figure out how he only got one yellow card .
When we tried something different he took a sh*t corner and follow up cross as well .
Seeing his name on the team sheet signals we are doomed ship him out with the loans.
Anybody know what happened to Laird another one pining for our traitor
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:12 - Feb 14 with 2704 viewsstrikerace

Worst form in the league over the past 4 matches, 1 pt in 12
Login to get fewer ads

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:12 - Feb 14 with 2687 viewsToast_R

What does Critchley do though? Lose his shit with them which he's perfectly entitled to do given that the marking at the corner for the first goal was absolutely criminal and straight after Dieng had made a good save to dig them out.

Or try the softly softly arm around the shoulder approach?

It's going to take a turn around of epic porportions whatever he decides. I've never seen such an underpeforming bunch of players in all my years. Like the Borg from Star Trek; the collective falls in and out of form as one and multiple times in a single match. Not just the odd player under performing, its all of them at the same time. Weird bunch.
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:18 - Feb 14 with 2573 viewsRangersw12

Trying to stop Critchley getting the sack. He's wrong but fair play to him
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:27 - Feb 14 with 2438 viewslave16

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:18 - Feb 14 by Rangersw12

His next statement was - can we play them every week

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:30 - Feb 14 with 2362 viewsDamo1962

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 21:47 - Feb 14 by Greenbay

We're currently 10 points clear of the bottom 3 - but we've played two more games than all of them.
We're already in the relegation mix - as many on these threads predicted over the last four months.
It's all very painful.
But while there's life there's hope but even that is draining away.
No point in sacking Critchley to start all over again.
Look at it this way.
We've been a League 1 side for the last few years and have punched above our weight.
Now the time has come when we have to face the truth.
I'd stick with Critchley for the first half of next season although it does seem likely we'll be playing one division lower.
Still got hope but surely something has got to go right soon?
All summed up by Illy's missed penalty.
A point a game will keep us in the Championship.
But even that is a tall order.
If we do survive then Critchley will deserve a proverbial gold medal.

Agree. We are in all sense and purposes... a pretty mediocre L1 team and club. "The chickens have finally come home to roost"
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:32 - Feb 14 with 2314 viewsessextaxiboy

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:18 - Feb 14 by Rangersw12

If they sack Critchley who will come in and change these players attitude . I can’t think of anyone ?
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:35 - Feb 14 with 2248 viewsRangersw12

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:32 - Feb 14 by essextaxiboy

If they sack Critchley who will come in and change these players attitude . I can’t think of anyone ?

Good question

Ainsworth?
Wilder?

Not exactly inspiring but desperate times and all that
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:36 - Feb 14 with 2235 viewsDamo1962

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 21:54 - Feb 14 by Rs_Holy

The Blackpool team who won promotion when he was manager

These players are not that Pool team. Their performances are contemptuous of Critchley and the supporters. He is a dead man walking now unfortunately, but I will never forgive this group of players. They have already infected Martin and Lowe as well.
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:37 - Feb 14 with 2226 viewsjoe90

Not surprised by tonight’s results. The problems are throughout the squad, we know what they are and they aren’t going to change over night. We need get through what’s left of this season and hope we don’t get relegated, once the summer comes rebuild.
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:38 - Feb 14 with 2191 viewsDamo1962

Good luck for the rest of the season. Hope you go up at the expense of Luton or Wall. But don't patronise us...we are hurting.
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:39 - Feb 14 with 2184 viewsRs_Holy

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:35 - Feb 14 by Rangersw12

Good question

Ainsworth?
Wilder?

Not exactly inspiring but desperate times and all that

Ainsworth would take it... Wilder would run a mile.
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:42 - Feb 14 with 2079 viewsToast_R

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:32 - Feb 14 by essextaxiboy

Someone mad enough to accept a points deduction for breaking the FFP rules I guess.

We're in the realms now of promoting somone within the current setup but who?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 22:45]
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:43 - Feb 14 with 2065 viewsDamo1962

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:27 - Feb 14 by lave16

His next statement was - can we play them every week

Needed that😂
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:45 - Feb 14 with 2005 viewsBushRanger82

Well, against my better judgement, I was persuaded to go.
First 20 mins was passable for our lot, the other 70 was more their style.
I don't know where we go from here, apart from down, of course.
St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:46 - Feb 14 with 1973 viewsstainrods_elbow

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:10 - Feb 14 by Greenbay

You seem - as usual - to forget that we were heading south as I recall with our previous disgraceful manager claiming - was it - just one point from his last 5 games?
I'm going to be kind to you - as no one is ever kind to you for many reasons - do tell us what you would like to do to keep us in the Championship with 14 games to go? And it looks like - as said - we need a point a game. Perhaps as a suggestion for you - we need a miracle worker - or even perhaps yourself could be in charge?

Many people, as you say, are not kind to me for many reasons, the main one being that they're not kind people (or my kind of people).

You're right, though, some kind of rot had set in after Beale courted/talked to/didn't talk to and then turned down Wolves.

As for what Critchley can/should now do, shouldn't you be asking him?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:49 - Feb 14 with 1928 viewsqpr_1968

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 13:50 - Feb 13 by collegeranger

0-3 and I am missing it thank god!

spot on.

shame i went.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:51 - Feb 14 with 1880 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grim, grim reading.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:54 - Feb 14 with 1808 viewsjoolsyp

St Valentines Day Massacre Black Cats march Thread on 22:00 - Feb 14 by MedwayR

I thought Dozzell was one of the few actually trying tonight, still too many mistakes though.

I've been his harshest critic but at least he did show for the ball tonight more than he's done in recent games. He'll be fine in L1 ;-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024