Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inside training 18:57 - Feb 22 with 6972 viewsRangersw12

Inside training on 09:14 - Feb 23 with 1951 viewsslmrstid

Inside training on 09:11 - Feb 23 by swisscottage

Les is Ainsworth's direct manager.

Ainsworth's first day, and you expect Les to dump him at the training ground and not be there for questions, support, and induction?

Don't know what kind of a manager you are ( would make) but if your idea of bringing on two new employees, is to just dump them at a desk and say get on with it, you'd probably be a perfect example of just how crap British workplace managers are in general.

Well thats very kind of you.

You would note I'm not just referring to yesterday, but stories of him being on the training ground frequently. Feels a high ranking position to be spending too much time at the coalface so to speak.

But sure, slag me off personally why don't you
Inside training on 09:26 - Feb 23 with 1897 viewsQPR_Jim

Inside training on 08:56 - Feb 23 by eastside_r

No. It’s a valid observation.

As I said on another thread, I am not sure that long-term English football fans really do understand exactly what the role of DoF entails. I know that I am one. We have been brought up on such a different tradition.

I must admit that I envisaged it mostly as a ‘desk job’ delegating coaching etc. to the relevant members of [his] staff. Maybe I am wrong in this?

I've been critical of LF recently, mainly around player recruitment. I only saw him talking to GA which to me is fair enough, for me it would be odd he wasn't talking to GA and might come across like there's tension between them to the players if he usually talked to the other managers.

If he was speaking directly to the players to give them instructions perhaps different to the coaches, then fair enough he shouldn't be doing that. But from what I saw he wasn't.
Inside training on 09:52 - Feb 23 with 1814 viewseastside_r

Inside training on 09:26 - Feb 23 by QPR_Jim

I've been critical of LF recently, mainly around player recruitment. I only saw him talking to GA which to me is fair enough, for me it would be odd he wasn't talking to GA and might come across like there's tension between them to the players if he usually talked to the other managers.

If he was speaking directly to the players to give them instructions perhaps different to the coaches, then fair enough he shouldn't be doing that. But from what I saw he wasn't.

For me, it was something Sinclair (Armstrong) said in an interview - that LF had had a word with him in training and had given him some pointers / advice.

At first I thought that’s a nice touch given LF’s legendary status a a striker but then I thought mmm have you perhaps not got other (better?) things to do.

And I say this as someone who is broadly pro-Les (at least not ridiculously or hysterically anti-Les.) I give no-one a free pass.
Inside training on 10:17 - Feb 23 with 1750 viewsderbyhoop

Inside training on 22:08 - Feb 22 by slmrstid

The one thing that partly bothers me about this video, and previous ones and stories we've read/heard, is Les being on the training pitch.

Now, thats not in the context of "oh Les is intefering blah blah blah" you read on social media.

Its more, he's the Director of Football, in a high ranking executive position. It feels a bit inappropriate to have a DoF then milling around the training ground with coaches.

Is that unfair? I'm open to being disagreed on that. I just think of it in the context of my Finance Director getting stuck into the big pile of purchase invoices to post onto the accounting system, its not really what he's being paid to do when he should be working on higher level stuff for the organisation.

Given 2 new coaches for 1st team, I'd be amazed if DOF wasn't present to provide pointers to current playing staff.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Inside training on 10:36 - Feb 23 with 1710 viewsswisscottage

Inside training on 09:14 - Feb 23 by slmrstid

Well thats very kind of you.

You would note I'm not just referring to yesterday, but stories of him being on the training ground frequently. Feels a high ranking position to be spending too much time at the coalface so to speak.

But sure, slag me off personally why don't you

Apologies for my tone, I could have made my point a somewhat less aggressively.

In just tired of people picking on every little thing to criticize when there's enough that is actually wrong at the club, that coupled with having to work with a chest infection and a blinding headache, makes me into an angry bear.
Inside training on 10:40 - Feb 23 with 1691 viewsPunteR

Just a load of PR isn't it? Nothing to read into too much. Just hope once the camera goes the real business starts.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Inside training on 11:12 - Feb 23 with 1641 viewsNorthantsHoop

I think Ainsworth will do well at QPR, feel more positive about his appointment than Beale or Critchley. Felt really positive about Warburton when he was appointed and he did a great job for us in my opinion. It all depends now whether he and Dobson can change the mindset of our underperfomers on the pitch. Keep the faith I believe we are going to start to improve!!
Inside training on 12:04 - Feb 23 with 1544 viewsslmrstid

Inside training on 10:36 - Feb 23 by swisscottage

Apologies for my tone, I could have made my point a somewhat less aggressively.

In just tired of people picking on every little thing to criticize when there's enough that is actually wrong at the club, that coupled with having to work with a chest infection and a blinding headache, makes me into an angry bear.

Apology accepted Swiss

I've had enough replies to suggest in this instance I'm perhaps being a bit unfair which is absolutely fine and enough for me to change my mind. Point of a message board innit!
Login to get fewer ads

Inside training on 12:29 - Feb 23 with 1488 viewsQPR_Jim

Inside training on 09:52 - Feb 23 by eastside_r

For me, it was something Sinclair (Armstrong) said in an interview - that LF had had a word with him in training and had given him some pointers / advice.

At first I thought that’s a nice touch given LF’s legendary status a a striker but then I thought mmm have you perhaps not got other (better?) things to do.

And I say this as someone who is broadly pro-Les (at least not ridiculously or hysterically anti-Les.) I give no-one a free pass.

I don't remember hearing/seeing that comment, although it does ring a bell. The point I was trying to make is that I think it's good for him to be seen by the players discussing things and supporting the manager. I don't think the DoF role is so full on that he can't spare time, except maybe when the transfer window is open, so don't see an issue. Les could teach SA a thing or two about losing your defender, composure in front of goal, timing runs etc that would help the player but wouldn't interfere or be opposed to what the managers telling him.

I reluctantly think it's a time for a change in DoF, I think he's done a lot right and I think he gets stick for stuff that he shouldn't. My only real issue is that the squad doesn't seem to be right, we've come out of Jan 2 years on the trot needing free agents to fill holes, the squad consistently folds whoever the manager is and we're still highly reliant on loans. If the owners give him more time and he rectifies that then I will be back to pro-Les. I'm certainly pro DoF, so don't want to go back to the previous setup.
Inside training on 13:11 - Feb 23 with 1410 viewssimmo

Tyler Roberts brought his boots did he? That's nice of him.

Mercenary shits. I know GA has to be clean slate and avoid the issue that NC talked himself into, but I hope everyone else has their cards marked.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Inside training on 13:23 - Feb 23 with 1377 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Inside training on 13:11 - Feb 23 by simmo

Mercenary shits. I know GA has to be clean slate and avoid the issue that NC talked himself into, but I hope everyone else has their cards marked.

I am hoping GA has the power to let everyone know its his way or the highway.
Roberts has been phoning it in for months so hopefully he gets the message this time.
Does anybody know what is the extend of Willocks hamstring ? thanks.
Imagine if he springs from the bench to score the winner Saturday it would complete a nice week
Inside training on 14:28 - Feb 23 with 1231 viewsPinnerPaul

I think we can safely say Willock's physical problems are genuine.

He looked bereft when he had to go off after a short time after his last set back.
Inside training on 14:58 - Feb 23 with 1138 viewsstantheman10

Anyone wondering what to expect from GA & RD should listen to this. Essential listen if you want an insight. Already posted by MHill on the Richard Dobson post https://beatthepress.podbean.com/e/series-2-episode-2-gareth-ainsworth-and-richa
Inside training on 15:14 - Feb 23 with 1104 viewsqprninja

Inside training on 09:11 - Feb 23 by swisscottage

Les is Ainsworth's direct manager.

Ainsworth's first day, and you expect Les to dump him at the training ground and not be there for questions, support, and induction?

Don't know what kind of a manager you are ( would make) but if your idea of bringing on two new employees, is to just dump them at a desk and say get on with it, you'd probably be a perfect example of just how crap British workplace managers are in general.

He's cop it if he wasn't there as well.
Inside training on 15:18 - Feb 23 with 1081 viewsHayesender

Well said Gareth 👏 👏 👏

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Inside training on 15:30 - Feb 23 with 1050 viewsHAYESBOY

Inside training on 13:11 - Feb 23 by simmo

GA bought the boots and shoved them in his face. 'Remember what these are son, now stick em on'.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Inside training on 15:51 - Feb 23 with 995 viewsGaxZE

Can't read too much into it but this is critchley's video:

Inside training on 16:06 - Feb 23 with 961 viewsDeanoMD

I just really really really hope he plays a formation that suits us and not 442 with Sam Field wide right......
Inside training on 16:26 - Feb 23 with 903 viewsnoauthority

My take away from this was Gareth's training sessions mostly involve him shaking hands with and patting the back or stomach of all around, whilst the players run around in over hyped mode barking out to one another. That or Gareth is doing his little jig to explain knock the ball on and run to the touchline.

Never seen so many hand shakes in one six minute video!

Certainly amped up to the max. Let's hope it at least gets them livened up in the pitch.

"Right lads, gather round.... ready, right all shake hands with me and then the player on your left, then on your right, first to finish gets an Ainsworth tummy pat"
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024