Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation rivals 16:33 - Feb 25 with 7940 viewsguthrieintherain

All losing or drawing today results going our way.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Relegation rivals on 18:37 - Mar 19 with 1020 viewspencoedjack

Relegation rivals on 16:54 - Mar 19 by guthrieintherain

Are we safe now 10 points with 8 games to go.

Yep I think that should do it.

Martin still needs to be sacked.
Relegation rivals on 18:46 - Mar 19 with 985 viewsguthrieintherain

Relegation rivals on 18:37 - Mar 19 by pencoedjack

Yep I think that should do it.

Martin still needs to be sacked.

I think it all boils down to whether the owners trust him to spend their money.

Saying that a defeat today and he would have been on very thin ice.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 18:48]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Relegation rivals on 19:24 - Mar 19 with 955 viewsBryanSwan

Relegation rivals on 18:36 - Mar 19 by Whiterockin

Much to the disappointment of some, irrespective of the remaining results, I have a feeling he is going nowhere.

The thing is here will be no consequences to these last few games, I can imagine that now we are safe the pressure will be well and truely off which will mean we either win a few or lose them all being on the beach.

I don't think Martin should stay past this season though, gets it wrong far more often than he gets it right. Which today was and it was great.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Relegation rivals on 19:33 - Mar 19 with 940 viewsWhiterockin

Relegation rivals on 19:24 - Mar 19 by BryanSwan

The thing is here will be no consequences to these last few games, I can imagine that now we are safe the pressure will be well and truely off which will mean we either win a few or lose them all being on the beach.

I don't think Martin should stay past this season though, gets it wrong far more often than he gets it right. Which today was and it was great.

Today showed how good it can be which makes it so frustrating most of the time. Every now and then I think we have turned the corner only to be disappointed again. IMO the telling point will be next game when Fulton, Latibeaudiere and Joe are back, what system will we play then and what players.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Relegation rivals on 19:55 - Mar 19 with 909 viewspencoedjack

Relegation rivals on 19:33 - Mar 19 by Whiterockin

Today showed how good it can be which makes it so frustrating most of the time. Every now and then I think we have turned the corner only to be disappointed again. IMO the telling point will be next game when Fulton, Latibeaudiere and Joe are back, what system will we play then and what players.

Let’s be honest we played a pretty crap Bristol City side.

Papered over the cracks & nothing else.
Relegation rivals on 20:05 - Mar 19 with 893 viewsWhiterockin

Relegation rivals on 19:55 - Mar 19 by pencoedjack

We played well and won, I'll take papering like that every week.

Relegation rivals on 20:08 - Mar 19 with 886 viewspencoedjack

Relegation rivals on 20:05 - Mar 19 by Whiterockin

What is it 4 wins in 24?

Martin needs to be got shot of, end of.
Relegation rivals on 20:13 - Mar 19 with 883 viewsDr_Winston

Relegation rivals on 20:05 - Mar 19 by Whiterockin

It's a bit of both.

We deserved the win today no doubt. Picking midfielders who actually look to get the ball forward was a big factor in that, and we mostly controlled the game. For once, we had a bit of possession with purpose as opposed to possession just to get the stats (or metrics) up.

On the flip side, the opposition weren't much cop. Hard to get excited about beating a team that did so little to press us in our usual weak areas. It's like they'd done no scouting on us whatsoever.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation rivals on 20:17 - Mar 19 with 879 viewspencoedjack

Relegation rivals on 20:13 - Mar 19 by Dr_Winston

It's a bit of both.

We deserved the win today no doubt. Picking midfielders who actually look to get the ball forward was a big factor in that, and we mostly controlled the game. For once, we had a bit of possession with purpose as opposed to possession just to get the stats (or metrics) up.

On the flip side, the opposition weren't much cop. Hard to get excited about beating a team that did so little to press us in our usual weak areas. It's like they'd done no scouting on us whatsoever.

Probably what happens when you have a master tactician like Pearson as a manager.

As for midfielders Ntcham was a class above any other player on the pitch.
Relegation rivals on 20:18 - Mar 19 with 878 viewsploppy

They're above us in the table.

Whenever we win, it's because the other team's crap. 'Twas ever thus.
Relegation rivals on 20:29 - Mar 19 with 862 viewsDr_Winston

Relegation rivals on 20:17 - Mar 19 by pencoedjack

Probably what happens when you have a master tactician like Pearson as a manager.

As for midfielders Ntcham was a class above any other player on the pitch.

Ntcham often is.

It's one of the bigger absurdities that Oli has more goals and assists than any other midfielder (possibly more than all the rest of them combined) yet so often finds himself on the bench whilst others play far more often.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Relegation rivals on 08:18 - Mar 20 with 756 viewsBryanSwan

Relegation rivals on 19:33 - Mar 19 by Whiterockin

This happens after every game we play well, little bit of hope, then Martin reverts to the 5 at the back system and we go on another bad run.
At least we are staying up.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Relegation rivals on 08:40 - Mar 20 with 749 viewsBoundy

we've played crap teams before and lost , maybe they didn't have much going forward but how many corners did they have , defending isn't our strongest asset but I thought we dealt with set pieces pretty well

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Relegation rivals on 09:21 - Mar 20 with 737 viewsWhiterockin

Relegation rivals on 08:40 - Mar 20 by Boundy

we've played crap teams before and lost , maybe they didn't have much going forward but how many corners did they have , defending isn't our strongest asset but I thought we dealt with set pieces pretty well

Having the extra height of Darling in there helped with set plays. It's not ideal having him at full back but there are pluses, including when Fisher takes a long goal kick.

Relegation rivals on 09:30 - Mar 20 with 731 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Relegation rivals on 08:40 - Mar 20 by Boundy

For some strange reason Bristol only took short corners instead of crossing to expose our weakness in the air at corners.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Relegation rivals on 11:49 - Mar 20 with 691 viewsRichardO

Relegation rivals on 09:30 - Mar 20 by felixstowe_jack

For some strange reason Bristol only took short corners instead of crossing to expose our weakness in the air at corners.

Don't let everyone know, having said that at the short corners we were often left short 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 but at least it was out wide and they were unable to convert it into a bigger threat.
Relegation rivals on 16:46 - Mar 20 with 642 viewsWhiterockin

https://fanbanter.co.uk/sheffield-united-seek-to-avoid-administration-ahead-of-d

So as I understand the situation. This Thursday is the cut off point for any point deduction impacting this season, any points deduction after that is carried over to next season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024