Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions 20:30 - Mar 1 with 4128 viewsgrumpy

1.Are we at home because it doesn't sound like it
2. Its the 5th round of the FA Cup,why are we not playing our best 11?
Are we saving our best players for the Leicester game? If so its not gong to make any
difference.
That's the trouble this season we have used so many players nobody knows what to do.
St. Marys is an embarrassment,we knew Grimsby would bring a big support down and take over the Northam End and with that move our fans about its so depressing.
Either give us the whole Northam End and move the Away Fans or make a concerted effort to make the Chaple End a Home end.
Listening to the game the Saints fans sound like they have been drained of any enthusiasm.
Questions on 09:59 - Mar 2 with 622 viewsgrumpy

Questions on 09:53 - Mar 2 by Number_58

Do you actually go to games?

Yes I was a regular at the Dell,Milton Road and Under West Stand and had a season ticket at St. Marys for the first few seasons until I couldn't make all the games, so financial commitments made me change to go as often as I can.
What are you trying to say?
Questions on 11:42 - Mar 2 with 539 viewsMytchettSaint

Questions on 09:59 - Mar 2 by grumpy

Yes I was a regular at the Dell,Milton Road and Under West Stand and had a season ticket at St. Marys for the first few seasons until I couldn't make all the games, so financial commitments made me change to go as often as I can.

That your finger may not be on the pulse re the current situation of how drab an afternoon/evening at St Mary’s is these days.

Things ain’t like they used to be!

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Questions on 11:43 - Mar 2 with 536 viewsgrumpy

Questions on 11:42 - Mar 2 by MytchettSaint

That your finger may not be on the pulse re the current situation of how drab an afternoon/evening at St Mary’s is these days.

Things ain’t like they used to be!

I have been recently so I kinda know.
Questions on 11:46 - Mar 2 with 531 viewskentsouthampton

Could have been worse, we could of won only to get completely humiliated by Brighton..
Questions on 12:33 - Mar 2 with 494 viewsNumber_58

Questions on 09:59 - Mar 2 by grumpy

What I'm trying to say that if you went to home games you'd realise that St Mary's is like a morgue most games nowadays. And despite what people say, it's not down to the 'home end' issues. There are a small amount of fans who really try to get an atmosphere going come what may, and fair play to them, but the rest of the ground just sits there in silence. Eventually even the ones who do try to sing and chant get sucked down by the general apathy of the majority. I've met lots of people who have visited SM either as away fans or neutrals, and to a man (or woman) they all say how quiet our fans are and how poor our support is. I'm fed up with making excuses. Obviously if we were winning matches it would be much better, but even in the good times much of the crowd just sit there like zombies and piss off home five minutes before the end. Did nobody look at the Grimsby fans last night and think "I wish our fans could be that passionate and noisy"? Maybe that's the issue, maybe we all think it's not very cool to lose all your inhibitions and sing your hearts out for 90 minutes. And remember, that amazing away support came from a group of fans who follow a team struggling in League Two and have been through some truly terrible times in recent years. They've stuck with their club despite all the sh*te, so why can't we?
Questions on 18:08 - Mar 2 with 435 viewsgrumpy

Questions on 12:33 - Mar 2 by Number_58

What I'm trying to say that if you went to home games you'd realise that St Mary's is like a morgue most games nowadays. And despite what people say, it's not down to the 'home end' issues. There are a small amount of fans who really try to get an atmosphere going come what may, and fair play to them, but the rest of the ground just sits there in silence. Eventually even the ones who do try to sing and chant get sucked down by the general apathy of the majority. I've met lots of people who have visited SM either as away fans or neutrals, and to a man (or woman) they all say how quiet our fans are and how poor our support is. I'm fed up with making excuses. Obviously if we were winning matches it would be much better, but even in the good times much of the crowd just sit there like zombies and piss off home five minutes before the end. Did nobody look at the Grimsby fans last night and think "I wish our fans could be that passionate and noisy"? Maybe that's the issue, maybe we all think it's not very cool to lose all your inhibitions and sing your hearts out for 90 minutes. And remember, that amazing away support came from a group of fans who follow a team struggling in League Two and have been through some truly terrible times in recent years. They've stuck with their club despite all the sh*te, so why can't we?

There are plenty of our fans that support through good and bad times.When we crashed through to div 1 the gates were decent.
Compare our support Away to Home.Away its good,Home its poor.

'There are a small amount of fans who really try to get an atmosphere going '

That's probably because they have half an end and if the away following is going to be big they don't even have that.

If we had a home end(I would prefer the Northam) it would be so much better.
I am not saying it would kick in right away but it would grow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024