Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season 14:48 - Mar 3 with 5776 viewsdwayne_dibley

Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season on 22:20 - Apr 6 with 752 viewsdirk_doone

Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season on 21:55 - Apr 6 by saintwizzler

Absolute bôllocks.

Man City, Chelsea and Newcastle will dominate.
FFP means f all.

I've had exchanges like this with several posters over the years, who've told me the top 6 was fixed for years to come: the following season, they were proved wrong, or that Man City and Liverpool were going to dominate for years, only the following year for that to be proved wrong too.

A year or two before it happened, nobody expected Newcastle to become super-rich and nobody knows the next club it's going to happen to. I doubt there were many people who even expected Arsenal to be top of the league now. As I said, the future really is unpredictable and anybody who says it isn't is speaking absolute....;

The one thing I'd agree with is that finance is a factor. The influx of money from Jack Walker, Roman Abramovich and Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, for example, were the main reason Blackburn, Chelsea and Leicester won the Premier League and it will probably be the reason for the next surprise winner too.

If the future really were predictable, all of the bookies would have been bankrupted years ago.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 22:32]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season on 22:58 - Apr 6 with 705 viewsBlock8

watching saints currently is like being drip fed arsenic, its painful & will only end one way but yeh gluten for punishment me 😂
Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season on 23:08 - Apr 6 with 688 viewsSouthamptonfan

Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season on 22:20 - Apr 6 by dirk_doone

I've had exchanges like this with several posters over the years, who've told me the top 6 was fixed for years to come: the following season, they were proved wrong, or that Man City and Liverpool were going to dominate for years, only the following year for that to be proved wrong too.

A year or two before it happened, nobody expected Newcastle to become super-rich and nobody knows the next club it's going to happen to. I doubt there were many people who even expected Arsenal to be top of the league now. As I said, the future really is unpredictable and anybody who says it isn't is speaking absolute....;

The one thing I'd agree with is that finance is a factor. The influx of money from Jack Walker, Roman Abramovich and Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, for example, were the main reason Blackburn, Chelsea and Leicester won the Premier League and it will probably be the reason for the next surprise winner too.

If the future really were predictable, all of the bookies would have been bankrupted years ago.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 22:32]

Put it this way, nobody is too surprised if any of the following clubs wins the league or cups: Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and now Newcastle. They tend to take it in turns with Man City otherwise dominating. I expect Newcastle to start dominating too with Man City. Nobody else stands a chance unless they go on a massive spending spree. Man City will win the FA cup. Man U won the league cup. No surprises there and there weren't last year either. Leicester did indeed have a brief spell, but they spent a lot of money. So it's quite predictable in that it won't be us or Bournemouth winning anything anytime.soon. There's the slight possibility that Villa or Brighton who are doing well, could win one of the cups, but again it's unlikely because the top teams are too strong.

I'll predict this too - Tony will leave Brentford in the summer to one of the mega rich clubs. Brighton will lose a few. The winner of the PL will be one of the clubs mentioned above. I would put my house on it, so it's very predictable, other than the fact I couldn't say which of the clubs mentioned it will be. They all buy the best players in the world, so it's no surprise when one of them wins a trophy.

To sum it up, if you support Saints, Bournemouth, Forest, Palace and the like, you won't win a thing. And that's the boring bit!!!
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 23:24]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season on 23:28 - Apr 6 with 674 viewsdirk_doone

Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season on 23:08 - Apr 6 by Southamptonfan

Put it this way, nobody is too surprised if any of the following clubs wins the league or cups: Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and now Newcastle. They tend to take it in turns with Man City otherwise dominating. I expect Newcastle to start dominating too with Man City. Nobody else stands a chance unless they go on a massive spending spree. Man City will win the FA cup. Man U won the league cup. No surprises there and there weren't last year either. Leicester did indeed have a brief spell, but they spent a lot of money. So it's quite predictable in that it won't be us or Bournemouth winning anything anytime.soon. There's the slight possibility that Villa or Brighton who are doing well, could win one of the cups, but again it's unlikely because the top teams are too strong.

I'll predict this too - Tony will leave Brentford in the summer to one of the mega rich clubs. Brighton will lose a few. The winner of the PL will be one of the clubs mentioned above. I would put my house on it, so it's very predictable, other than the fact I couldn't say which of the clubs mentioned it will be. They all buy the best players in the world, so it's no surprise when one of them wins a trophy.

To sum it up, if you support Saints, Bournemouth, Forest, Palace and the like, you won't win a thing. And that's the boring bit!!!
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 23:24]

I agree. As I said, there are more than 5 clubs that might win major trophies in this country, which is better than in the other major European leagues..

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season on 23:45 - Apr 6 with 652 viewsSouthamptonfan

Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season on 23:28 - Apr 6 by dirk_doone

I agree. As I said, there are more than 5 clubs that might win major trophies in this country, which is better than in the other major European leagues..

The PL does have a fair few clubs that could win trophies, and it's increasing with clubs like Newcastle now one of the top clubs. Everton, West Ham, Villa are the other possibles I would say if they got taken over by the mega rich. But we just know we at Saints will never be one of the "top teams". Palace, Bournemouth, Burnley and so won't be either. The mega rich won't touch us. They want the big crowds and potential. It's a mini league between those top teams and the rest of us just make up the numbers. It's becoming more and more evident.

If we go down, which I suspect we will I will enjoy not putting up with all the picture taking tourists, the arrogance of the PL, away fans in the home end, VAR spoiling goal celebrations, seeing some competitive games etc. Strangely I'm looking forward to championship football and will be pleased to get out of the PL.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 23:50]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024