Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Youth Cup semi-final 08:47 - Apr 6 with 1408 viewsPatfromPoole

7pm tonight at the Athletics stadium.

Are the club streaming this on their generic social platforms?

I very much hope so, as I have stocked up on the most excellent Dutch lager Oranjeboom so that I can see Dibling and Ballard showing our miserable excuse of a strike force in the seniors team the errors of their ways.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 09:47 - Apr 6 with 1364 viewsSaintNick

Don't forget Oranjeboom is a lager not a tune, is that back on sale in the UK again then.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 09:52 - Apr 6 with 1361 viewsPatfromPoole

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 09:47 - Apr 6 by SaintNick

Don't forget Oranjeboom is a lager not a tune, is that back on sale in the UK again then.

Spotted in Home Bargains yesterday 😂😂

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 09:58 - Apr 6 with 1351 viewssaintwizzler

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 09:52 - Apr 6 by PatfromPoole

Spotted in Home Bargains yesterday 😂😂

Like Southampton FC’s transfers, think they are buying Heineken but get Oranjeboom instead at the same price.

WE
MARCH
ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 11:36 - Apr 6 with 1318 viewsSalisburySaint

Game is being streamed on FA player

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2023-04-04/fa-youth-cup-semi-final-fixture-ti

I’m actually going as are a few other London Saints, then I’m off to see Salisbury at Hendon tomorrow

Worth noting that Ballard hasn’t played as far as I can tell for any teams since win at Preston in last round

Not sure if he’s injured or been tapped up by the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal like Jimmy Jay Morgan was.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 14:23]
FA Youth Cup semi-final on 12:27 - Apr 6 with 1278 viewsTimSaint

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 11:36 - Apr 6 by SalisburySaint

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2023-04-04/fa-youth-cup-semi-final-fixture-ti

I’m actually going as are a few other London Saints, then I’m off to see Salisbury at Hendon tomorrow

Worth noting that Ballard hasn’t played as far as I can tell for any teams since win at Preston in last round

Not sure if he’s injured or been tapped up by the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal like Jimmy Jay Morgan was.

I hope none of our U18s will be represented in the Youth Cup team tonight.
I saw that they got stuffed 7-1 at home to Palace, so watched the highlights.
Their defence plays just like the 1st team, fannying around with all those stupid passes from the goal kicks etc and it literally cost them 3 goals.

I'll give the Semi a bit of a watch tonight and hope that the likes of Dibling, Ballard and Doyle can do the business like they did at Preston in the previous round.

TimSaint

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 12:41 - Apr 6 with 1256 viewsPatfromPoole

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 11:36 - Apr 6 by SalisburySaint

Thanks fella!

Interesting re Ballard…..

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 19:10 - Apr 6 with 1133 viewsPatfromPoole

Game just started.

We are under the cosh a bit here…..

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 19:16 - Apr 6 with 1124 viewsdirk_doone

This is embarrassing. Our players look like rabbits caught in the headlights. How many more are they going to concede?

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 19:57 - Apr 6 with 1061 viewsPatfromPoole

Losing culture has ripped through the whole club.

Clearly have some talented players, but no cutting edge.

West Ham have the hallmarks of a Moyes team. Horrible and physical, but with an end product.

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 20:01 - Apr 6 with 1053 viewsdirk_doone

Only 0-2 down at half-time; not as bad as it looked like it might get, especially as Saints U18s lost their last game 1-7 at home to Palace.

The West Ham striker, Mubama, is a real beast. He's bulldozing his way through our players, and clearly has a future in the Premier League.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 20:09]

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 20:58 - Apr 6 with 955 viewsdirk_doone

I think that's 18 goals they've conceded in their last 3 games.

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 21:05 - Apr 6 with 949 viewsPatfromPoole

We looked decent going forward. A lot of good stuff.

But the defence and keeper were pretty hopeless, I’m afraid.

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 08:08 - Apr 7 with 820 viewsSalisburySaint

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 21:05 - Apr 6 by PatfromPoole

We looked decent going forward. A lot of good stuff.

But the defence and keeper were pretty hopeless, I’m afraid.

Yes we looked good going forward throughout the game, Doyle, Amo-Ameraw looked really good,but best player going forward was left back Meghoma, he was superb, not sure about his defending though.

West Ham looked a good side and I’d expect them to beat Arsenal in the Final, their Centre Forward Mubamba who scored a hatrick looks a very good player, and already scored for their first team in Conference
FA Youth Cup semi-final on 09:05 - Apr 7 with 768 viewsdirk_doone

FA Youth Cup semi-final on 08:08 - Apr 7 by SalisburySaint

Yes we looked good going forward throughout the game, Doyle, Amo-Ameraw looked really good,but best player going forward was left back Meghoma, he was superb, not sure about his defending though.

West Ham looked a good side and I’d expect them to beat Arsenal in the Final, their Centre Forward Mubamba who scored a hatrick looks a very good player, and already scored for their first team in Conference

Mubama was head and shoulders above all of our players. But, as you say, the Saints player who caught the eye on the day, at least as far as his attacking raids down the left wing went, was Jayden Meghoma. But, he was also part of our terrible defence. So, whilst he might be OK as a a forward, you wouldn't really want him in your team as a left back, and I think we've got a lot of players like that in our squad already.

Why is it that other teams' players, at every level, seem to be able to shoot harder than ours? Is it club policy to try to shoot carefully and so not too hard because if it is, it clearly isn't working. .Oh for a player who can hammer the ball into the net like Mubama can.

I wouldn't get too carried away by the fact that our attack managed to score a goal against West Ham. Brighton U18s put 4 past them in their last game.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 9:12]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024