Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Adam Armstrong??? 15:59 - Mar 12 with 3711 viewsblambo

Big Paul gets 10 minutes...
Why, oh why did he bring on Adam Armstrong ?
Speechless...
Why Adam Armstrong??? on 19:06 - Mar 14 with 642 viewsButty101

Why Adam Armstrong??? on 08:14 - Mar 14 by saint901

Both Armstrong and Paul are what I would call fairly one dimensional players. They have a way of playing that varies little and as a consequence they are predictable and most defenders can work them out quickly.

Paul is not that mobile because his game is all about his height and power. AA is more mobile but until RH converted him into a deeper sitting player able to run at defenders, he drifted along the front line without straying too far from the centre.

Contrast them both with say Foden or Rashford at their best. Both can play deep or press forward and both can come inside from the wide positions. Foden in particular sits in the space between defenders and midfield and is really hard to keep track of.

As we don't have a Foden or a Rashford, we use two players, subbing one for the other because it gives us a golder few minutes whilst the defenders adjust.

Have you actually seen him play. He looks like a god target man with a good touch.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Why Adam Armstrong??? on 19:40 - Mar 14 with 606 viewsmountsaint

In my opinion which is not as others on here think. Adam A is far fitter than Paul O who looks about 2 yards slower than AA and at this point would play AA .
Why Adam Armstrong??? on 09:27 - Mar 15 with 541 viewssaint901

Why Adam Armstrong??? on 19:06 - Mar 14 by Butty101

Have you actually seen him play. He looks like a god target man with a good touch.

A good target man with a good touch?

When what we need is a monster centre forward scoring goals?

Yes, I've seen him play and seen how easy he is to mark and neutralise. The alternative is Mara and in my view, he's no better.

Therefore I'd go for AA every time.
Why Adam Armstrong??? on 11:02 - Mar 15 with 523 views10i

The opinions seem to be a bit divided, but I personally am shocked every time RS puts on Mara and AA and how our performance level immedaiatley drops - in a very onvious way in my opinion.
But as Nick loves statistics, I also easily can back that up. Our three worst players according to whoscored (if you only include players with at least 90 minutes) are Mara (6.20), Diallo and Adam Armstrong (6.24 each). SA and Walcott are the completing the worst five players - which is exactly the offensive formation we had on on Sunday when our scoring opportunities more and more dried off.

So at the end of the game we were playing against a team that has been one down for over 40 minutes and therefore should be tiring. Yet the last shot we registered in that game was exactly one minute before Mara and AA were introduced. Till then we had 17 shots, therefore for the 20 minutes they were on we should have had anohter 4/5 on that rating, thinking about the fresh legs they got maybe even more. Yet we had not single one against ten men. That's as poor as it can get.

Onuacho, who just had 11 of that minutes and did not have an impact on Sunday neither, at least has a rating of 6.62 (equal to Adams). That's quite some gap to Mara/AA. Normally you should get a bit of space on the wings at that stage of the game, which even more cries out for someone ablte to win a header...
Why Adam Armstrong??? on 09:03 - Mar 16 with 463 viewssaint901

Toney is a better player in my view than Paul (at the moment) because Toney has moved through the leagues with the same team and has learnt to adapt his game as the opposition got better.

Like most strikers he has dry patches and then better form but he has the advantage of being with the same players around him. He also has the advantage of a system that moves the ball forward more quickly than we do. Not quite long ball and chase that, but certainly a freedom to get the ball into the box earlier. Nothing more a striker likes than an early ball into the box.

We have a new CF in Paul, a system that likes to keep the ball and make space and chances and when the ball does arrive in the box, yes he's big and strong but is not that mobile and by then has two defenders around him.

I'm hoping that his skills are more relevant to the Championship where the huff and puff version of the game is more usual and that this will give him the chance to become a better player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024