Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 19:43 - Apr 10 with 9827 viewsNotLoyal

Let everyone who comes before you floor you.

It’s the Matchday Winker with Colin as Huddersfield, a much revived Terrier of northern descent visit the Swansea.Com. Do Swansea need to win ? No. Does Colin need to win ? You can bet your Sheffield gum shield he does.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60029/russell-martin-and

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60035/swansea-city-looki

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60045/everything-russell

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60052/dominant-swansea-c

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ben Cabango, Nathan Wood, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain); Joel Piroe, Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson; Liam Cullen.

Substitutes: Andreas Søndergaard, Harry Darling, Joe Allen, Luke Cundle, Morgan Whittaker, Kyle Naughton, Ollie Cooper.

Huddersfield Town: Tomas Vaclik, Matty Pearson, Jonathan Hogg (captain), David Kasumu, Jack Rudoni, Rarmani Edmonds-Green, Danny Ward, Tom Lees, Brahima Diarra, Michal Helik, Jaheim Headley.

Substitutes: Nick Bilokapic, Josh Koroma, Josh Ruffels, Tyreece Simpson, Ben Jackson, Matt Lowton, Martyn Waghorn.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread on 22:16 - Apr 10 with 5388 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Seems Huddersfield were only given 900 tickets according to their Web site.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread on 22:23 - Apr 10 with 5378 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread on 22:16 - Apr 10 by felixstowe_jack

Seems Huddersfield were only given 900 tickets according to their Web site.

They can take another 1080 if they can sell them.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 11:40 - Apr 11 with 5234 viewsonehunglow

This should be a cracker.
The feisty ,obnoxious ,confrontation and very astute Warnock back to face us.
Suffice to say he will prepare his side according to how we play so I hope Fishy continues his renaissance because rest assured ,Warnock will have him targeted .
I have a soft spot for the Terriers having good chums over there .
I think they will escape .
I see Ince gone now

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 12:57 - Apr 11 with 5171 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Interesting to see that Huddersfield reverted to the long ball hoof. They took a 2 nil lead with only two shots on target and only had 19% possession.

Hope out defenders are getting in heading practice this week.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread on 13:02 - Apr 11 with 5167 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread on 22:23 - Apr 10 by builthjack

They can take another 1080 if they can sell them.

Hopefully they will ask more but they only went on General sale this morning.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 14:53 - Apr 11 with 5089 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 12:57 - Apr 11 by felixstowe_jack

Interesting to see that Huddersfield reverted to the long ball hoof. They took a 2 nil lead with only two shots on target and only had 19% possession.

Hope out defenders are getting in heading practice this week.

They need to stay up.
They need points for that
They got them
Warnock did the job
Long ball is as much a part of the game as tippy tippy backwards and sideways .

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 14:57 - Apr 11 with 5090 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 14:53 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

They need to stay up.
They got them
Warnock did the job

And tippy tappy in to the back of the net.

I know it was a few hours ago but did you read the last report ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 14:58 - Apr 11 with 5069 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 14:57 - Apr 11 by KeithHaynes

And tippy tappy in to the back of the net.

I know it was a few hours ago but did you read the last report ?

Well that is the downside .
Yesterday both glorious goals free from tt.

How long you staying over this August ,anyway ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 15:01 - Apr 11 with 5067 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 14:53 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

They need to stay up.
They got them
Warnock did the job

Of course but good teams mix it up and change tactics to suit opposition.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 15:09 - Apr 11 with 5056 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 15:01 - Apr 11 by felixstowe_jack

Indeed they do.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 15:24 - Apr 11 with 5040 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 15:09 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

Indeed they do.

Talk (or made up BS) on the other site that an agreement has been arrived at and the inference is that Martin is going at season end. Can’t see it myself, probably just some attention seeking but who knows!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 15:30 - Apr 11 with 5020 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 15:24 - Apr 11 by union_jack

Talk (or made up BS) on the other site that an agreement has been arrived at and the inference is that Martin is going at season end. Can’t see it myself, probably just some attention seeking but who knows!

The last couple of matches we really seem to getting somewhere. We go through the "process" for 18 months then replace him when it starts to work. Seems strange to me.
Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 15:33 - Apr 11 with 5010 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 15:24 - Apr 11 by union_jack

I’m saying nowt
It’s out of my hands ,as it is yours.
I have in no way changed my views on the current coach

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 16:56 - Apr 11 with 4944 viewsKeithHaynes

I was sent something from Reddit.
Haven’t looked in to it.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 18:58 - Apr 11 with 4867 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 15:30 - Apr 11 by Whiterockin

The last couple of matches we really seem to getting somewhere. We go through the "process" for 18 months then replace him when it starts to work. Seems strange to me.

I’m still not convinced he’s the right man for the job. No plan B and we rely on the opponents’ style of play to allow us to play ours. If they don’t ‘play ball’ neither do we!

Before anyone asks, I’ve no idea who should replace him.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:25 - Apr 11 with 4775 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 18:58 - Apr 11 by union_jack

I’m still not convinced he’s the right man for the job. No plan B and we rely on the opponents’ style of play to allow us to play ours. If they don’t ‘play ball’ neither do we!

Before anyone asks, I’ve no idea who should replace him.

I'm just pointing out if you go through a "process" for 18 months then it starts to improve, is that the time to change. Whether he is the right man is another debate.
Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 21:42 - Apr 11 with 4718 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:25 - Apr 11 by Whiterockin

I'm just pointing out if you go through a "process" for 18 months then it starts to improve, is that the time to change. Whether he is the right man is another debate.

Fair point. The players have to suit the process and i don’t know how good they are. Clearly our defensive unit is a bit of a shambles ordinarily though recently keeping the goals against down.

I think Martin is too ideological and rigid with it. He needs to be more adaptive and flexible and tweak according to the opponent. It seems to me he sends them out with the same message such as play with bravery from the back. We’ll never be good enough to do that without giving other teams opportunities.

I’d rather a more pragmatic manager who will take the team forward by using the skills they’ve developed through the process and add other things to give us some steel.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 21:45 - Apr 11 with 4700 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 21:42 - Apr 11 by union_jack

Fair point. The players have to suit the process and i don’t know how good they are. Clearly our defensive unit is a bit of a shambles ordinarily though recently keeping the goals against down.

I think Martin is too ideological and rigid with it. He needs to be more adaptive and flexible and tweak according to the opponent. It seems to me he sends them out with the same message such as play with bravery from the back. We’ll never be good enough to do that without giving other teams opportunities.

I’d rather a more pragmatic manager who will take the team forward by using the skills they’ve developed through the process and add other things to give us some steel.

I thought the change of personnel on Monday most certainly displayed Martin’s awareness regards Wigan. Four changes and for all his nonsense Paterson was exceptional for half an hour.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 21:47 - Apr 11 with 4685 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 21:42 - Apr 11 by union_jack

I would rather wait and see if the recent upturn is permanent or just a positive blip. I do take your point though.
Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 21:51 - Apr 11 with 4679 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 15:09 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

Indeed they do.

Like the Swans on Monday.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 08:47 - Apr 12 with 4512 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 21:51 - Apr 11 by KeithHaynes

Like the Swans on Monday.

When you and Russ get it together,I want to be your best man .

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 11:14 - Apr 12 with 4483 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 21:47 - Apr 11 by Whiterockin

I would rather wait and see if the recent upturn is permanent or just a positive blip. I do take your point though.

We had a little purple patch last season after the win at CCFC last April....but it wasnt sustained or continued to the start of this season.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 14:01 - Apr 12 with 4387 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 11:14 - Apr 12 by vetchonian

We had a little purple patch last season after the win at CCFC last April....but it wasnt sustained or continued to the start of this season.

This is the next hurdle for Martin.

Maintaining the recent better form.

As you say he has had a few moments but not anything significant. The way things go for him is usually the Swans start to draw games they should win, we have two games at home coming up. And historically then we see the defensive errors creeping back in and the implosion starts. If he can manage the side over the last five games not to do that ( three at home, PNE, Huddersfield and WBA ) two away at Hull and Norwich then maybe people will have more confidence going in to next season.

However, this will be two seasons completed come May and it’s all been very mid table with a few growth spurts. Players have improved, the defence seems a bit better and there’s definitely some promising work being done in midfield. That’s the positive.

The negative is the keeper still. He has mishandled a few crucial goals of late, Cardiff and Millwall ( that was crucial and deprived us of a point at least ) again at Luton when his mistake also cost a point. I also thought he had a poor game against Boro at home, lost 1-3 and Rotherham 1-1, I’m unsure what he was thinking in that game. ( Ogbene goal ) We can go back to the 1-3 home loss to Stoke as well.

However, if we look at the last four he has kept three clean sheets and some of that is due to his confidence increasing ( Coventry at home ) and the defence improving. I hope I’m wrong but I see him impacting on one the remaining games as well. Fisher is as crucial to Martin’s continued end of season success than any improvement elsewhere on the pitch because if he messes up it makes all that hard work pointless.

Overall we are not used to a keeper who makes daft mistakes as Swans fans. We’ve had some cracking keepers, Vorm was good, as was Fabianski. And we have a history of class stoppers. Just goes to show how important Fisher is to Martin’s future as I still believe there’s a possibility if it all goes south again he could move on ( Martin )

Edit - did I mention the home defeat against Birmingham City 😂

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 11:08 - Apr 13 with 3934 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 15:01 - Apr 11 by felixstowe_jack

Great teams perfect their game and do it better than the opposition.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED THURS on 12:54 - Apr 13 with 3892 viewsRichardO

Martin has used rotation to rest players on midweek games, tailored teams for away games or home games, swapped players all over the park on substitutions.
Maybe he is learning now there is a difference to having a settled team and tweaking the team rather than wholesale changes that disrupt the team.
We shall see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024