Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" 19:20 - Apr 15 with 7829 viewsJOSEPH_QPR

Keep reading that Ainsworth is a QPR Legend.

Only to those who didn't see us win the League Cup, Nearly win the League, produce International players including the England Captain (and 5 players in a single England team), Play in an FA Cup final and finish as London's top club on 2 occasions outside of that.

He represents an era of mediocrity and is YOUR Legend because of how he dressed and because he looked like a 'rock star'.

Brought in entirely to appease the divs in the fansbase so this one is on you.

#AinsworthOut
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 10:55 - Apr 16 with 1023 viewsdistortR

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 10:05 - Apr 16 by Bakes

Seems GA had a good time last night, I was sat at home miserable, didn’t go out with my mates cos I wasn’t in the mood, GA meanwhile was in the Red Lion in Wokingham at 2am dancing the night away. it’s not a great look.

[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 11:05]

Can we not do this? Don't, and never did, want him as our manager, but if the bloke feels the need to escape the pressure of the job, that's his prerogative.
Shame on whoever felt the need to sneakily film him and then post it. What a fking world.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 11:00 - Apr 16 with 978 viewsPhilmyRs

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 10:55 - Apr 16 by distortR

Can we not do this? Don't, and never did, want him as our manager, but if the bloke feels the need to escape the pressure of the job, that's his prerogative.
Shame on whoever felt the need to sneakily film him and then post it. What a fking world.

Agreed. No need for filming that. Guy letting off steam and people sneakily filming
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 11:07 - Apr 16 with 948 viewsBakes

Deleted the video, you’re right.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 11:13]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 11:11 - Apr 16 with 920 viewsdistortR

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 11:07 - Apr 16 by Bakes

Deleted the video, you’re right.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 11:13]

Cheers Bakes. He's allowed a private life.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 11:31 - Apr 16 with 842 viewsCamberleyR

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 07:44 - Apr 16 by LadbrokeR

Wasn’t there a tabloid photo of Parkes Francis Thomas Bowles and Gillard. I think we’ve had 5 in the England squad

That wasn't an England squad photo. Stan Bowles is the key. Stan made his debut and played a few games for England in 1974. He then had a falling out with Joe Mercer during the Home Internationals after being suɓbed in one game and walked out of the squad. Revie didn't select him when he first took over.

He didn't make another England squad until the World Cup qualifier in Italy in November 1976. By that time, Gerry had picked up his long term back injury and played his last England game and Thomas and Gillard won their final caps in 1975.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 11:34 - Apr 16 with 831 viewsCamberleyR

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 08:47 - Apr 16 by BerkoRanger

And don't forget Dave Clement - at one point both England full backs were QPRs.
What a spectacular change of fortunes to today.

Not at the same time. Ian Gillard won his third and last cap six months before Dave Clement made his debut.

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 11:37 - Apr 16 with 818 viewsCamberleyR

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 23:31 - Apr 15 by numptydumpty

He is not the worst manager in our history

Step forward Mr Iain Dowie

Not even in the top 5 in my book.

1. Mullery
2. Burtenshaw
3. Harford
4. Hart
5. Houston

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 12:33 - Apr 16 with 710 viewsessextaxiboy

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 10:52 - Apr 16 by PhilmyRs

Agree it was a selfish decision but was it a Les one? Doesn’t seem to be the type of appointment Les would advocate. To me it seems it was a board decision to keep the fans off their back. I would be very surprised if Les was a supporter of this and in a democracy or if your seniors overrule you then you don’t have many options do you? If it was a Les decision then he should walk

You may be right actually , in fact I suppose you could argue the the appointment of a non experienced DOF , but a fans favourite was an appeasement and deflection appointment by the owners years ago.

They are still writing the cheques but its all unravelling now.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 12:34]
Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 13:05 - Apr 16 with 643 viewsbaz_qpr

I think its a racing certainty that Hoos and Les go at the end of this season, it absolutely smells like a board decision to me, they looked at it thought that all the team needed was motivation especially after being under the"spell" of Beale without considering the style of play the type of players he has worked with before or an understanding of his tactical approach.

Ainsworth and his team have shown a lack of adaptability, god knows what the analysts are doing because we dont seem to have gameplans for the opposition. we have no pattern of play. Coventry clearly had a gameplan to pull us to our to one side and then switch quickly to the opposite to get us isolated first two goals were near identical. In nearly every attacking situation we had 2 v 3 or 4 especially out wide and we could not beat them to even get a cross in. Playing two near identical centre forwards neither with any pace we were just easy to defend against. If its going to be a front 2 then it has to be one of Martin and Dykes with one of Lowe or Armstrong only then does the attacking midfielders we have in abundance get the space to operate in.

However to be fair to Ainsworth and Critchley before him what has being our major undoing is the policy of signing players with chequered injury records and we are bereft in midfield and defence
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024