Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" 19:20 - Apr 15 with 7828 viewsJOSEPH_QPR

Keep reading that Ainsworth is a QPR Legend.

Only to those who didn't see us win the League Cup, Nearly win the League, produce International players including the England Captain (and 5 players in a single England team), Play in an FA Cup final and finish as London's top club on 2 occasions outside of that.

He represents an era of mediocrity and is YOUR Legend because of how he dressed and because he looked like a 'rock star'.

Brought in entirely to appease the divs in the fansbase so this one is on you.

#AinsworthOut
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 22:18 - Apr 15 with 1821 viewsclivewilsonscalves

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 19:33 - Apr 15 by Superhoops2808

To the OP... This appears to be your first post

Hopefully your last!!

Truth hurts, does it?
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 22:31 - Apr 15 with 1772 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Multiple account holder. Just ignore.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 22:48 - Apr 15 with 1677 viewsWegerles_Stairs

So out of his depth he needs the RNLI.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 22:55 - Apr 15 with 1673 viewsWatfordR

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 21:36 - Apr 15 by BklynRanger

For a while he did, yeah. But got given everything he wanted and still only managed one goal in the last 5 games.

I honestly feel bad that Gareth has got dragged into the car crash that is our club at this time. I don't think he's the world's greatest manager but can't see who would have inspired enough confidence and competence to turn things around.

Was always the fear that we'd be better off just remembering him as a player and now he's very possibly going to take us down, which he would obviously never have wanted. (Taking Chair off was fcuking stupid though.)

Brooks, he hasn't been dragged into anything. he was under contract at WW and didn't have to leave there.

When Critchley was sacked, this was always going to be an obvious short term firefighters job. As I've said elsewhere, whoever employed GA on a 3.5 year contract needs sacking, they have no credibility left.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 23:15 - Apr 15 with 1624 viewsnumptydumpty

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 22:55 - Apr 15 by WatfordR

Brooks, he hasn't been dragged into anything. he was under contract at WW and didn't have to leave there.

When Critchley was sacked, this was always going to be an obvious short term firefighters job. As I've said elsewhere, whoever employed GA on a 3.5 year contract needs sacking, they have no credibility left.

Didnt Critchley get four year deal also - presumably paid off in full as is probably likely with Ainsworth.

I guess this is Les or Lee's say so as to contracts.

But I bet no manager would come here with a short term contract ie likely to be short term anyhow !!!

Got to say though, sad to say it but if Les most definitely and perhaps Hoos as well, hope they both out at end of season.

It should happen but whether it does or not , I am dubious.

And I always been a massive Les fan as a player but hope he goes as to leave in a dignified way preserves his status but hanging onto destroy our club, I seriously hope that doesn't happen but am afraid that it could very likely sadly be the case !!!
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 23:17]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 23:22 - Apr 15 with 1600 viewsBklynRanger

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 22:55 - Apr 15 by WatfordR

I know - fair enough. He's made his own decision and gets paid well enough for it, and will continue to while he's sat at home watching Homes Under tht Hammer with his feet up come Xmas.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 23:27 - Apr 15 with 1585 viewsJOSEPH_QPR

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 22:31 - Apr 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Multiple account holder. Just ignore.

Not sure who that is aimed at but if it's me you can f Uck off.

Not everyone who signs up comes with an agenda or has multiple accounts. It's pricks like you turning this site into an echo chamber which prevents more people signing up. The reason I did today was to vent steam about the worst manager in our history who got the job because people like you consider him a legend.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 23:31]
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 23:31 - Apr 15 with 1569 viewsnumptydumpty

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 23:27 - Apr 15 by JOSEPH_QPR

Not sure who that is aimed at but if it's me you can f Uck off.

Not everyone who signs up comes with an agenda or has multiple accounts. It's pricks like you turning this site into an echo chamber which prevents more people signing up. The reason I did today was to vent steam about the worst manager in our history who got the job because people like you consider him a legend.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 23:31]

He is not the worst manager in our history

Step forward Mr Iain Dowie

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 23:32 - Apr 15 with 1567 viewsBklynRanger

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 22:17 - Apr 15 by clivewilsonscalves

He didn’t get dragged into anything. It was his choice and he’s clearly not up to the job. He’s got the same team that all the other managers have had. Yeh, he’s a nice guy. But he’s not going to save us. Within 2 minutes today you could see we were overrun in the middle as always and it was constantly 2 on 2 at the back. He didn’t change that. Andy Sinton would be a better manager at this point.

As for subbing Chair. That was the only good call he made today. Chair isn’t fit for a relegation fight. He sulks and holds onto the ball for too long. Everyone talks about moments of magic but he’s not produced those for a long time. He can’t even put a cross in that beats the first man. So bored of watching him hang on to the ball for too long when there is a pass on and then losing it and throwing his arms up in a strop.

As soon as Ainsworth was appointed the club started the transition into league 1. The club is a complete joke. No one seems to be taking it seriously.

We don’t deserve anything else atm.

Yeh it’s my first post but I’ve been going for 35 years.

Albert already thought he was going off when Richards came on - he'd even trotted over to the middle waiting for it. That was the end of what infitesimal creativity we had at that point. I'd rather have kept Chair on for all his flaws than any of the other next 4 members of the cavalry.

I've been going a fair while myself now anyway, what is your favourite cheese?
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 23:47 - Apr 15 with 1535 viewsOakR

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 23:31 - Apr 15 by numptydumpty

I raise you Stewart Houston. It was so dull my brain has wiped the entire period from my memory.

In fairness he did end up giving us the 'we're not Arsenal anymore' chant, which in hindsight, and as we stand now, is amazing.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 23:47 - Apr 15 with 1534 viewsdaveB

For e I loved him as a player think hes a decent manage but not the answer here, has to go end of the season imo even if we stay up
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 23:56 - Apr 15 with 1515 viewsOakR

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 23:47 - Apr 15 by daveB

For e I loved him as a player think hes a decent manage but not the answer here, has to go end of the season imo even if we stay up

I think we need to wait and see which division we are in and.....decide on the style of play / type of squad / players we want.

Some players respond well to certain managers and squads and vice versa. Ainsworth at Wycombe, Jones at Luton etc. The set-ups work for them for whatever reason.

I slightly despair as I'd hoped we had stopped appointing managers who would want to change the style of play / players after each change. He's clearly been a great manager at Wycombe but not sure he was the right fit for us, now. I'm still hoping he makes good of it.

I think first we probably need to sort out the DOF or top structure, and then decide what we do.

We've certainly made a rod for our own backs.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 00:09 - Apr 16 with 1490 viewspaulparker

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 23:47 - Apr 15 by daveB

Did you want Holloway sacked after the 2000-01 season ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 00:33 - Apr 16 with 1464 viewsRanger_1969

Not sure how you define 'worst manager' - but Dowie's record as QPR manager was
PLD 15 W 8 D 3 L 4
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 07:44 - Apr 16 with 1353 viewsLadbrokeR

Wasn’t there a tabloid photo of Parkes Francis Thomas Bowles and Gillard. I think we’ve had 5 in the England squad
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 08:35 - Apr 16 with 1286 viewshubble

Firstly, top marks for football snobbery to the OP. "My experience is better than your experience, therefore my opinion is better than yours."

Nice way to introduce yourself by slagging off your fellows fans. Yeah, of course all the problems of this train wreck of a season are down to the "divs in the fanbase" because "this one is on you." Yeah, how dare they like a former hero of theirs? How dare they go into HQ and demand that the board appoint Ainsworth immediately. If it wasn't for 'them', well, that genius of a DoF and the board would have patiently stuck with Critchley. Exactly; your basic premise is absurd.

But as for the appointment of Ainsworth, well, it's a knee-jerk appointment of epic and disastrous proportions. A spectacular 180 degree turn from the 'due diligence' approach the board and DoF congratulated themselves for when they appointed Beale.

Personally speaking, I really like GA and I liked him as a footballer, and I have to admit, the sentimental side of me probably blinded me to his obvious limitations as a manager of any Championship level team, let alone one holed below the water line like this one. But is it my fault the board appointed him? No. This one - like all the other terrible decisions (including the recruitment of crocks policy) is down to the board.

[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 8:37]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 08:47 - Apr 16 with 1228 viewsQPunkR

Think you misspelled Paul Hart there mate!

QPR - "shit but local"

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 08:47 - Apr 16 with 1225 viewsBerkoRanger

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 07:44 - Apr 16 by LadbrokeR

Wasn’t there a tabloid photo of Parkes Francis Thomas Bowles and Gillard. I think we’ve had 5 in the England squad

And don't forget Dave Clement - at one point both England full backs were QPRs.
What a spectacular change of fortunes to today.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 09:27 - Apr 16 with 1147 viewsSonofpugwash

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 08:47 - Apr 16 by QPunkR

Think you misspelled Paul Hart there mate!

Lurking in the shadows is Alan Mullery.Couldn't even cut it at non league level.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 09:38 - Apr 16 with 1121 viewsPhilmyRs

I like Gareth and unfair to label him right now as one of the worst managers we’ve ever had but some of the decisions he’s making, the way we are playing and the results we are getting does mean he’s going to potentially be talked about when these type of discussions take place in the future. He was the wrong choice for QPR at this point in time and the Board are responsible.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 10:05 - Apr 16 with 1081 viewsBakes

Seems GA had a good time last night, I was sat at home miserable, didn’t go out with my mates cos I wasn’t in the mood, GA meanwhile was in the Red Lion in Wokingham at 2am dancing the night away. it’s not a great look.

[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 11:05]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 10:09 - Apr 16 with 1062 viewsted_hendrix

I posted this crap on some other Ainsworth thread.

Wear what he want's as far as I'm concerned, I just wish he was wearing what he want's at some other club.
I find his Interviews embarrassing and cringeworthy to watch but that's just me.
Correct me If I'm wrong but when he was appointed we had an 8 point 'cushion' down to the last relegation spot, since then that 'cushion' has been wiped out under his leadership and all the while we've been served up anti-football and dreadful performances.
For the fourth time yesterday we got beat at home 3-0, we've got two more home games can you guess the scores for those two games?

Christ almighty his appointment has been a disaster, the club was In a horrendous position when he was given the job and now we are in an even worse position.

Watch his interview after yesterday's 'regulation' 3-0 home loss, I could only manage a couple of minutes.

I personally haven't got a clue what we're gonna do from now on, the club In It's entirety
Is slowly drowning, that's not on Ainsworth, he was brought In to keep us In this league and he has failed miserably.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 10:21 - Apr 16 with 1038 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 09:38 - Apr 16 by PhilmyRs

I like Gareth and unfair to label him right now as one of the worst managers we’ve ever had but some of the decisions he’s making, the way we are playing and the results we are getting does mean he’s going to potentially be talked about when these type of discussions take place in the future. He was the wrong choice for QPR at this point in time and the Board are responsible.

Agree with this entirely. Why didn't the board get one of dinosaurs like Pulis etc in for 6 months, then get a manager in the summer when we knew which division we would be in. Money I imagine.
Another bizarre decision though.

Pretty sure Ainsworth will be gone in the summer, the football is like 1980s Wimbledon and as horrendous to watch.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 10:31 - Apr 16 with 1007 viewsessextaxiboy

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 21:10 - Apr 15 by PhilmyRs

To be honest, if he wasn’t a QPR legend he’d probably be getting the sack now or at least have the fan base calling for it. The fact he is a Rangers legend, and for me he is, its kept the pressure off him. I think appointing him was a poor move, and a shame, because it will affect how he’s remembered.

IMO the term legend is way overused , but he is a popular ex player who embodied the spirit of Holloways first spell .

He is yet another victim of Ferdinands poor judgement and the boards reluctance to hold him to account. Ainsworth was appointed solely to deflect the fans anger away . It was described to me yesterday as a selfish appointment which IMO is spot on .
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 10:52 - Apr 16 with 960 viewsPhilmyRs

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 10:31 - Apr 16 by essextaxiboy

IMO the term legend is way overused , but he is a popular ex player who embodied the spirit of Holloways first spell .

He is yet another victim of Ferdinands poor judgement and the boards reluctance to hold him to account. Ainsworth was appointed solely to deflect the fans anger away . It was described to me yesterday as a selfish appointment which IMO is spot on .

Agree it was a selfish decision but was it a Les one? Doesn’t seem to be the type of appointment Les would advocate. To me it seems it was a board decision to keep the fans off their back. I would be very surprised if Les was a supporter of this and in a democracy or if your seniors overrule you then you don’t have many options do you? If it was a Les decision then he should walk
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024