Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lunatics/Asylum 18:44 - Apr 23 with 3061 viewsFireboy2

I see the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

We win a game that most didn't give much of a chance, we play fantastic football, have got 19 pts out of 21 yet the usual suspects are out pedalling their negativity.

I honestly do not know how these people manage with life
Lunatics/Asylum on 19:11 - Apr 23 with 2335 viewsvetchonian

no negativy FB just some reality ...
firstly I pisted a praise on the matchday thread ...it was a great win away from home against a side challenging for the play offs

Yes I've got involved in debate because I'm fed up of the process is paying off crsp when the process has been abandoned with us playing a back 4 as you yourself have favoured and called for.....and a change on tactics.
many had posted how those like me should not be talking of us being good enough for the playoffs yet now many if those same posters are full if the p word.

im pleased about the recent change in form but annoyed at the opportunities wasted over these last two season.
Much is written about our crap owners the best chance of them changing is if we get to the PL and we become attractive to sell also challenging at the top of the table should make it easier to attract players then when a mid table mediocre team especially when we given our geogr location.
it was a great win yesterday but no negativity just reality of what could have been had Martin been less stubborn and learnt earlier

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Lunatics/Asylum on 19:27 - Apr 23 with 2305 viewsKeithHaynes

Lunatics/Asylum on 19:11 - Apr 23 by vetchonian

firstly I pisted a praise on the matchday thread ...it was a great win away from home against a side challenging for the play offs

Yes I've got involved in debate because I'm fed up of the process is paying off crsp when the process has been abandoned with us playing a back 4 as you yourself have favoured and called for.....and a change on tactics.
many had posted how those like me should not be talking of us being good enough for the playoffs yet now many if those same posters are full if the p word.

im pleased about the recent change in form but annoyed at the opportunities wasted over these last two season.
Much is written about our crap owners the best chance of them changing is if we get to the PL and we become attractive to sell also challenging at the top of the table should make it easier to attract players then when a mid table mediocre team especially when we given our geogr location.
it was a great win yesterday but no negativity just reality of what could have been had Martin been less stubborn and learnt earlier

I don’t see any change in his malleable formation just the ability of the squad improved as a result of his ability to coach them in to the system that is ever changing based on the game before him. Things take time.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Lunatics/Asylum on 19:35 - Apr 23 with 2271 viewspencoedjack

Russy magic I love him, those fist pumps are something to behold, on par with Roberto, Brendan & Laudrup.

The way he slated players at the start & middle of the season is all forgotten, in fact it was the players fault for playing suicidal crap football that sent the fans to sleep.

Well happy with a mid table finish & beating a team who had won game in 9.

Those posters who have a different view are all wrong needs to be given a 10 year contract before Man City come knocking.
Lunatics/Asylum on 19:46 - Apr 23 with 2221 viewsvetchonian

Lunatics/Asylum on 19:27 - Apr 23 by KeithHaynes

I don’t see any change in his malleable formation just the ability of the squad improved as a result of his ability to coach them in to the system that is ever changing based on the game before him. Things take time.

I admire your loyalty to the man Keith

since Milwall we now always start with a flat back four....something that rarely happened previously with us favouring Russys 3 at the back with wing backs our advanced players

Much has been written about how this has always left us vulnerable and the need for the midfield to drop back to defend reducing our attacking options...but hey ho it seems nothing has changed only the players have now managed to get up to speed.

It is all about opinions and everyone is entitled to their own but in my humble opinion I can see a difference in how we set up and play now to earlier in the season

Lunatics/Asylum on 19:48 - Apr 23 with 2206 viewsswan_si

I keep reading that Russ has thrown our players under the bus, I have seen most, if not all of Russ's pre/post match interviews, don't know if I've missed something, but none of what I heard suggests he threw anyone under the so called bus, could someone please point in me in the right direction to confirm the so called throwing of any players under the proverbial bus????
Thank you in anticipation.
Lunatics/Asylum on 19:50 - Apr 23 with 2191 viewsTreforys_Jack

Lunatics/Asylum on 19:46 - Apr 23 by vetchonian

since Milwall we now always start with a flat back four....something that rarely happened previously with us favouring Russys 3 at the back with wing backs our advanced players

Much has been written about how this has always left us vulnerable and the need for the midfield to drop back to defend reducing our attacking options...but hey ho it seems nothing has changed only the players have now managed to get up to speed.

It is all about opinions and everyone is entitled to their own but in my humble opinion I can see a difference in how we set up and play now to earlier in the season

Agreed
Lunatics/Asylum on 20:19 - Apr 23 with 2131 viewsKeithHaynes

Lunatics/Asylum on 19:46 - Apr 23 by vetchonian

I am loyal to no man Vetch.

I see his vision as appropriate to our club, his journey as that of a man who is highly principled, loyal and willing to learn and adapt. ( he is adapting I agree ) I also see his values and training methods as suited to developing players not on everyone’s radar which fits the clubs rationale in player trading.

And I don’t see another manager in the English football system doing this.

For me that’s not loyalty that’s common sense.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Lunatics/Asylum on 20:24 - Apr 23 with 2093 viewsWhiterockin

Lunatics/Asylum on 20:19 - Apr 23 by KeithHaynes

I see his vision as appropriate to our club, his journey as that of a man who is highly principled, loyal and willing to learn and adapt. ( he is adapting I agree ) I also see his values and training methods as suited to developing players not on everyone’s radar which fits the clubs rationale in player trading.

This could be a major factor in the development being shown through the squads and the international recognition of our younger players.
Login to get fewer ads

Lunatics/Asylum on 20:33 - Apr 23 with 2070 viewsFireboy2

Lunatics/Asylum on 19:11 - Apr 23 by vetchonian

I get what you are getting at vetch.

BUT you and others still have to go back and regurgitate the past instead of being positive and look forward, that is the point I am making, no matter how good ot will get you and others will always go back to the bad times.

To me you imo are natural pessimists and only look at the negative side of things, be it football or any other subjects whereas I and I think most of other posters are positive, it's just the way people are.

All I saw from the aftermath from yesterday's game on here from the anti Martin bunch was coulda, woulda, shoulda, in respect of the whole season,which I thought was quite sad considering what we have been through,whereas most posters were over the moon at the continuing upturn in form.

I guess that's the way people are and I guess you lot will never be happy until we get back into the PL, win the FA cup, PL then the European Cup 🤷
Lunatics/Asylum on 20:35 - Apr 23 with 2049 viewsDr_Winston

To be honest he's done almost nothing thus far to suggest that he's "highly principled, loyal and willing to learn and adapt".

Principled? If looking to pushing blame anywhere else is principled then his principles aren't worth much. Loyal? He jacked in MK in a heartbeat to move here and if offered a better job elsewhere he'd no doubt do the same to us. The last bit he's shown even less tendency towards so far.

Maybe he's finally grasped it. I hope he has. It's taken him long enough but if he does now finally understand that playing silly passes in a three man defence is a virtual guarantee of conceding idiotic goals then it's a step in the right direction. If he understands that a midfield three of Grimes, Fulton and Allen ordered to sit deep and pass, pass, pass offers us little going forward then even better. If he realises that you can't win games by pass count alone then we might be getting somewhere.

It's probably too late to make the playoffs this year, but if we keep doing what we're doing rather than revert back to his default then we could have a decent chance next season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Lunatics/Asylum on 20:36 - Apr 23 with 2048 viewsFireboy2

Lunatics/Asylum on 19:35 - Apr 23 by pencoedjack

Russy magic I love him, those fist pumps are something to behold, on par with Roberto, Brendan & Laudrup.

The way he slated players at the start & middle of the season is all forgotten, in fact it was the players fault for playing suicidal crap football that sent the fans to sleep.

Well happy with a mid table finish & beating a team who had won game in 9.

Those posters who have a different view are all wrong needs to be given a 10 year contract before Man City come knocking.

Are you on about the players who caused problems?

If so he got it right then? Agree?
Lunatics/Asylum on 20:41 - Apr 23 with 2025 viewsWhiterockin

Lunatics/Asylum on 20:33 - Apr 23 by Fireboy2

BUT you and others still have to go back and regurgitate the past instead of being positive and look forward, that is the point I am making, no matter how good ot will get you and others will always go back to the bad times.

To me you imo are natural pessimists and only look at the negative side of things, be it football or any other subjects whereas I and I think most of other posters are positive, it's just the way people are.

All I saw from the aftermath from yesterday's game on here from the anti Martin bunch was coulda, woulda, shoulda, in respect of the whole season,which I thought was quite sad considering what we have been through,whereas most posters were over the moon at the continuing upturn in form.

I guess that's the way people are and I guess you lot will never be happy until we get back into the PL, win the FA cup, PL then the European Cup 🤷

There's nothing queer as folk mate. Just look have a wry smile and move on. If someone has to try and convince complete strangers that they are always right it's laughable.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 20:43]
Lunatics/Asylum on 20:44 - Apr 23 with 2005 viewsFireboy2

Lunatics/Asylum on 20:41 - Apr 23 by Whiterockin

There's nothing queer as folk mate. Just look have a wry smile and move on. If someone has to try and convince complete strangers that they are always right it's laughable.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 20:43]

Yep but it needed saying.
Lunatics/Asylum on 20:47 - Apr 23 with 1990 viewsraynor94

Great post Keith👍

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Lunatics/Asylum on 20:58 - Apr 23 with 1972 viewspencoedjack

Lunatics/Asylum on 20:33 - Apr 23 by Fireboy2

I find that post insulting, if you think that someone who has a different view to you on a manager of football team is ‘a natural pessimist & only looks at the negative side of life’ is true I feel sorry for you.

In fact your opinion is total bollocks something if you knew what people dealt with anyway from this forum you’d agree with.
Lunatics/Asylum on 21:10 - Apr 23 with 1939 viewsFireboy2

Lunatics/Asylum on 20:58 - Apr 23 by pencoedjack

I find that post insulting, if you think that someone who has a different view to you on a manager of football team is ‘a natural pessimist & only looks at the negative side of life’ is true I feel sorry for you.

In fact your opinion is total bollocks something if you knew what people dealt with anyway from this forum you’d agree with.

You don't have to feel sorry for me penc, I am very happy in my life mate.

My point is and i will reiterate it, is that in my experience of this forum, some people will always look at the negative side of how we do and it is always the same people, in the PL it wasn't as evident but since relegation it has raised it head as certain people think we have a divine right to be there.

I don't really care if you think my post is insulting or bollocks, it's my opinion, I have plenty of life experience and I think some of the people on here are sad people who have fook all to do in their lives, i don't include you in that group btw, I think you are a decent poster.

Until tonight 🤣
Lunatics/Asylum on 21:24 - Apr 23 with 1903 viewsvetchonian

Lunatics/Asylum on 21:10 - Apr 23 by Fireboy2

You don't have to feel sorry for me penc, I am very happy in my life mate.

My point is and i will reiterate it, is that in my experience of this forum, some people will always look at the negative side of how we do and it is always the same people, in the PL it wasn't as evident but since relegation it has raised it head as certain people think we have a divine right to be there.

I don't really care if you think my post is insulting or bollocks, it's my opinion, I have plenty of life experience and I think some of the people on here are sad people who have fook all to do in their lives, i don't include you in that group btw, I think you are a decent poster.

Until tonight 🤣

When have I stated we have a divine right to be in the PL?

I just want us to be performing to the best of our potential I dont believe Martin up until now has had us doing so. I have been frustrated how he has wasted two seasons when it could be seen he was barking up the wrong tree and the players were not as abd as many were saying.

It s all about opinions and we will never all agree I have said this before you see it at the games often folks sitting around each other will disagree on the game players and tactics it is the same on here ...

Of late the divisions on opinion have become wider and repsonses and posting more personal .....IT is frustrating that when data is used to "prove" an arguement those who have no data to support theirs get personal....its a shame given we as fans all want the same thing for our club ...ie success in what ever division we are .....I do not believe we have a divine right to be in the PL I first watched us when we had to apply for re election so anything has been better than that but what I d wnat is to watch a team which is competeting to the best of its abiility I can honestly say over the last two seasons that hasnt always been the case.

Im happy in my life if I wasnt coming on here would be enough to tip me over the edge...but hey ho just because opinions differ it doesnt need personal attacks So when you were critical under Cooper you were pessimisitic too?

I remember you being negative and critical of our previous manager despite him getting us to the playoffs its why I post the lack of consistency on here

Lunatics/Asylum on 21:27 - Apr 23 with 1888 viewsFireboy2

Lunatics/Asylum on 21:24 - Apr 23 by vetchonian

When have I stated we have a divine right to be in the PL?

I just want us to be performing to the best of our potential I dont believe Martin up until now has had us doing so. I have been frustrated how he has wasted two seasons when it could be seen he was barking up the wrong tree and the players were not as abd as many were saying.

It s all about opinions and we will never all agree I have said this before you see it at the games often folks sitting around each other will disagree on the game players and tactics it is the same on here ...

Of late the divisions on opinion have become wider and repsonses and posting more personal .....IT is frustrating that when data is used to "prove" an arguement those who have no data to support theirs get personal....its a shame given we as fans all want the same thing for our club ...ie success in what ever division we are .....I do not believe we have a divine right to be in the PL I first watched us when we had to apply for re election so anything has been better than that but what I d wnat is to watch a team which is competeting to the best of its abiility I can honestly say over the last two seasons that hasnt always been the case.

Im happy in my life if I wasnt coming on here would be enough to tip me over the edge...but hey ho just because opinions differ it doesnt need personal attacks So when you were critical under Cooper you were pessimisitic too?

I remember you being negative and critical of our previous manager despite him getting us to the playoffs its why I post the lack of consistency on here

You and others think we should be challenging for a PL place ever since we got relegated, I think that's enough evidence without stating it imo.
Lunatics/Asylum on 21:33 - Apr 23 with 1858 viewsvetchonian

Lunatics/Asylum on 21:27 - Apr 23 by Fireboy2

You and others think we should be challenging for a PL place ever since we got relegated, I think that's enough evidence without stating it imo.

Where is your evidence that proves I have?

All I have ever posted is that I believe we could be doing better than we are

As I say lack of consistency on here.....maybe we should dig up some of your "positive" posting during the Cooper era

Funny isnt it last night many were shouting about the playoffs and how we could make a late bid despite many of those same posters having a go at the likes of me and others who believed this squad should be capable of more than a mid table finish

Lunatics/Asylum on 21:44 - Apr 23 with 1824 viewspencoedjack

Lunatics/Asylum on 21:33 - Apr 23 by vetchonian

As I say lack of consistency on here.....maybe we should dig up some of your "positive" posting during the Cooper era

Funny isnt it last night many were shouting about the playoffs and how we could make a late bid despite many of those same posters having a go at the likes of me and others who believed this squad should be capable of more than a mid table finish

This is the part I find most bizarre, the Martin cult are creaming over what he has done the last couple of weeks when those of us with a bit of football nous know we should have done better than mid table.

Anyway I’m out of the debate & look forward to him learning from his mistakes next season as he has wasted the opportunity this season.

The most bizarre thing I have read tonight is Keith thinking he’s loyal to us.

I look forward to the told you so posts.
Lunatics/Asylum on 21:45 - Apr 23 with 1823 viewsFireboy2

Lunatics/Asylum on 21:33 - Apr 23 by vetchonian

You have posted that we should be in the play offs alot mate.

I was positive about cooper until his arse fell out in the February when were second and he went all defensive, I was absolutely gutted when we failed.

You won't find any posts of mine saying about the play offs, we have no chance, which is a damn shame as if he had stuck with a back 4 I'm sure we would be cemented in 4th or 5th.

I just hope our new owners see what Martin has shown in the last 7 games and back him.
Lunatics/Asylum on 23:57 - Apr 23 with 1732 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Lunatics/Asylum on 21:45 - Apr 23 by Fireboy2

You have posted that we should be in the play offs alot mate.

I was positive about cooper until his arse fell out in the February when were second and he went all defensive, I was absolutely gutted when we failed.

You won't find any posts of mine saying about the play offs, we have no chance, which is a damn shame as if he had stuck with a back 4 I'm sure we would be cemented in 4th or 5th.

I just hope our new owners see what Martin has shown in the last 7 games and back him.

This is the second post that is designed specifically to have a go at other fans.
It is not discussing football, just an excuse to berate fans for their opinions.
Not only that but the owner has participated in this action, after months and months of calling for harmony.

Harmony it is not.
Lunatics/Asylum on 06:02 - Apr 24 with 1682 viewsWhiterockin

Lunatics/Asylum on 23:57 - Apr 23 by A_Fans_Dad

This is the second post that is designed specifically to have a go at other fans.
It is not discussing football, just an excuse to berate fans for their opinions.
Not only that but the owner has participated in this action, after months and months of calling for harmony.

Harmony it is not.

I think you are wrong and way off the mark.
Lunatics/Asylum on 06:39 - Apr 24 with 1655 viewsPawelAbbott

Lunatics/Asylum on 19:27 - Apr 23 by KeithHaynes

That's a very sudden uptick in form.
I could understand it if he had brought in some new coaches.
Under Martin we have these streaks of form. It was the same last season as well.
I think it's a lot to do with confidence and minor tweaks to style. We have a squad capable of being a top 6 side, we have all season. It's the needless mistakes at the back that has cost us a play off place.
We are a decent team that plays in a way where a bit a blip in concentration or a lack of confidence in a tight situation often leads to conceding a goal.
A bit of confidence to play it longer when they have to and thr mistakes drop and we win games
Lunatics/Asylum on 07:22 - Apr 24 with 1623 viewsbuilthjack

I can’t see as I have him/her/ it /they on ignore.
But I believe you Fireboy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024