Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sutton United (h) Match Thread 17:55 - Apr 28 with 12978 viewsHullDale

The last EFL home game at Spotland for the forseable future...

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 20:25 - Apr 29 with 4103 viewskel

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 20:21 - Apr 29 by irishdale2022

Yes, I’m sure new owners would be very put off a manager who took the worst team in the league to 1.57 ppg (playoff form) and 12 goals in 7 games (promotion form). That’s exactly what new owners don’t want.

Gerrit forward!
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 20:30 - Apr 29 with 4042 viewsirishdale2022

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 20:25 - Apr 29 by kel

Gerrit forward!

Certainly did that today in spells, but some still not happy
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 20:47 - Apr 29 with 3908 viewsNigelWatson

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 20:30 - Apr 29 by irishdale2022

Certainly did that today in spells, but some still not happy

They haven't got a clue what they're watching: that's been proven beyond all doubt.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:09 - Apr 29 with 3781 viewskel

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 20:47 - Apr 29 by NigelWatson

They haven't got a clue what they're watching: that's been proven beyond all doubt.

Who are you to tell people what to think you “PC authoritarian”?
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:20 - Apr 29 with 3713 viewsDalenet

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 20:21 - Apr 29 by irishdale2022

Yes, I’m sure new owners would be very put off a manager who took the worst team in the league to 1.57 ppg (playoff form) and 12 goals in 7 games (promotion form). That’s exactly what new owners don’t want.

He had the chance to be a hero....wasn't brave enough. 1.57 ppg isn't bad at all and I wish Jim well. But 1.57ppg isn't going to be good enough where we are going.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:28 - Apr 29 with 3655 viewsnordenblue

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:09 - Apr 29 by kel

Saw that too. Didn’t see what caused it but she didn’t cover herself in any glory.

Apparently a steward told another steward just next to her to "just nut her"... it seems she didn't take the threat too well.

Sounds like it could've been dealt with better perhaps from both sides
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:28 - Apr 29 with 3658 viewsirishdale2022

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:20 - Apr 29 by Dalenet

He had the chance to be a hero....wasn't brave enough. 1.57 ppg isn't bad at all and I wish Jim well. But 1.57ppg isn't going to be good enough where we are going.

He can only do what he can with games he was given though. He’s lost to Stockport and Bradford. Both playoff teams. That PPG ratio would be good enough in the national league, as it would secure playoff positions. He’s also done this with a team that had 0.78 PPG. And also scoring goals. We were relegated at Crawley away, it just wasn’t confirmed
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:30 - Apr 29 with 3638 viewsD_Alien

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:20 - Apr 29 by Dalenet

Especially when you consider that average in the context of:

Rochdale 0 Bradford 3 - a game we had to perform in to stand any chance of survival

Stockport 1 Rochdale 0 - one shot in 90+ minutes

Bradford & Stockport showed what "promotion form" was about. But then again, those of us who've being paying attention for longer than 10 minutes know that anyway

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:39 - Apr 29 with 3570 viewsirishdale2022

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:30 - Apr 29 by D_Alien

Especially when you consider that average in the context of:

Rochdale 0 Bradford 3 - a game we had to perform in to stand any chance of survival

Stockport 1 Rochdale 0 - one shot in 90+ minutes

Bradford & Stockport showed what "promotion form" was about. But then again, those of us who've being paying attention for longer than 10 minutes know that anyway

We lost to the better team on both occasions, both with significantly more financial clout and better players. Also both teams 1st and 2nd in form table when we played them. Showed by their current positions within the table. Wouldn’t be suprised if both got promoted this season
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:40 - Apr 29 with 3565 viewsirishdale2022

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:39 - Apr 29 by irishdale2022

We lost to the better team on both occasions, both with significantly more financial clout and better players. Also both teams 1st and 2nd in form table when we played them. Showed by their current positions within the table. Wouldn’t be suprised if both got promoted this season

But like you say context of any situation is important
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:45 - Apr 29 with 3530 viewsJames1980

Oh dear! Spot the error. (Not my duplicate poll)

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:49 - Apr 29 with 3501 viewspnc4eva1

As an exile today's game was my first home win of the season.

The performance was brilliant. However, the players, for the first time this season, looked as though they were not petrified when they received the ball.

Football is a lot to do with confidence. Not one of the managers has instilled the players with confidence.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 22:13 - Apr 29 with 3354 viewsD_Alien

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:39 - Apr 29 by irishdale2022

Okay

Make that five minutes you've been paying attention

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 23:27 - Apr 29 with 3114 viewsChris1803

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:52 - Apr 29 by D_Alien

To appoint anyone, or make any decisions others than settling the future ownership of the club would be a nonsense

Tying new owners to a manager they mightn't want?

The board, grateful as we all are for saving the club in its hour of need two years ago, have one last service to perform, and that's as smooth a transition to a new regime as possible

It's an absolutely common sense point about sorting the ownership before appointing a manager.

New owners of football clubs often want to bring their own man in, or to make changes of management not long after taking over.

In this case, any potential new owners may want a manager or head coach with experience of the national league, or even just experience of football management in general (more than 10 games in 2 interim spells anyway!).

It's also possible they'd want to bring in their own recruitment staff/methods and in turn, that would have an impact on who they'd want as manager.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 07:27 - Apr 30 with 2843 viewsNigelWatson

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:09 - Apr 29 by kel

Who are you to tell people what to think you “PC authoritarian”?

Classic. Another example of you trying to shut-down opinions you don't like. It makes a change from your other main activity, which is trying to Dox people who express opinions you don't like.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 08:12 - Apr 30 with 2726 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 07:27 - Apr 30 by NigelWatson

Classic. Another example of you trying to shut-down opinions you don't like. It makes a change from your other main activity, which is trying to Dox people who express opinions you don't like.

Stop being so bloody sensitive.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 10:03 - Apr 30 with 2516 viewskel

Not really, I just know which buttons to press with you and you can’t resist every time.

To your credit you try to come across as intelligent but that’s all it is - trying. And your persistence with the other username is actually quite amusing now. Keep it up, it’s funny and I’m constantly laughing at you.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 10:07 - Apr 30 with 2504 viewsDaleiLama

Or people who talk to themselves in the second person? Lot going on there?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 10:10 - Apr 30 with 2491 viewselectricblue

Good to see another possible future youngster getting a few minutes.

McNulty seems to rate him during upstep in training aswell, a left footed centre back......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 10:19 - Apr 30 with 2455 viewsDaleiLama

Bizarre end to a bizarre season. I still think this squad under-acheived but that may just be the homer in me? Bottom line though, is you are what your record says you are. A massive part of that for me was very badly managed.

One thing's for sure, we 'play like Brazil' (when we aren't misplacing passes) when our opponents stand off us and like a relegation side when opponents press us when we are in possession and attack us out of possession. In other words what we'll see every week in the NL from everything I've heard and read. Which doesn't bode well for McNulty-ball. I like the bloke and would even like to see him do well in the future, but my gut tells me he isn't what we need, with the baggage and squad he has at Dale, to make a go of it for next season. I agree with DA's post, on t'other thread I think it was, we need to resolve the ownership issue first and quickly before we start building a management team and squad.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 10:30]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 10:37 - Apr 30 with 2416 viewsTVOS1907

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 21:40 - Apr 29 by irishdale2022

But like you say context of any situation is important

Whoops!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 15:17 - Apr 30 with 2031 viewsBeast6666

Sutton were the laziest most switched off CBA team Dale have played all season, they just couldn’t give a flying sh*te about closing down or defending seriously. Nice win but it was worse than a kick around in Springfield Park - shocking half hearted display by the oppo - don’t read too much into the result chaps
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 17:59 - Apr 30 with 1766 viewsjonahwhereru

I wanted to be there for the last EFL fixture at Spotland. Was delighted to see my first goals of the season at the fifth attempt. I can’t have all the “one the beach” take. There are stats that show mid table team do well at the back end of the season. Plus in L2 there are so many players on short contracts still needing to prove something to the manager, that they can’t pass up opportunities to impress. Thought understandably their heads dropped at 3-1 and a man down.
We defended well in general and Dodgson had a much better game than when I saw him at Crawley. The sending off created the space which fair doos Brierley and Kelly exploited. I liked the performances of Mellor and encouragingly Sinclair. I think he could do a decent turn for us next season.
Rodney’s goal tally this season is about what I expected this season, but yesterday I thought he was well involved, including starting the break for the second.
Didn’t know how I would feel about my last Spotland EFL game. There was sadness but punctuated by some great great memories.
Being down south and having read stories on here about the Shay I am already committed to Halifax away next season.
I had a great weekend, but sadly it came at the end of a shit season.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 13:22 - May 2 with 1270 viewsHullDale

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024