Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager 08:10 - May 3 with 2871 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60179/rumour-mill-starts

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 17:01 - May 3 with 2591 views1ASIN12

Both Potter and Rodger’s I thibk will see them selfs higher than Southampton and I’m not sure they will see us as an attractive job .

On top of that our owners and board seem to think that football is like FIFA and football manager is where stats mean everything. We didn’t need 15 players that a computer thought were good we only needed 3 or 4 players to go into our 1st team . Keeper , leader , striker and a midfielder.

So far from not sacking Ralph when they should have , our £125 million outlay worth of recruitment, The appointment of Jones and to the appointment of Selles both as a coach and a manager have all been wrong to varying levels .

I have no faith that the board and owners will learn from all thier mistakes to launch a promotion bid next season - even if finances were good which they are not .
Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 13:38 - May 4 with 2376 viewsdwayne_dibley

Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 17:01 - May 3 by 1ASIN12

Both Potter and Rodger’s I thibk will see them selfs higher than Southampton and I’m not sure they will see us as an attractive job .

On top of that our owners and board seem to think that football is like FIFA and football manager is where stats mean everything. We didn’t need 15 players that a computer thought were good we only needed 3 or 4 players to go into our 1st team . Keeper , leader , striker and a midfielder.

So far from not sacking Ralph when they should have , our £125 million outlay worth of recruitment, The appointment of Jones and to the appointment of Selles both as a coach and a manager have all been wrong to varying levels .

I have no faith that the board and owners will learn from all thier mistakes to launch a promotion bid next season - even if finances were good which they are not .

so basically fooked, which is a realistic premise

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 14:19 - May 4 with 2340 viewsgrumpy

Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 13:38 - May 4 by dwayne_dibley

so basically fooked, which is a realistic premise

Jones and Selles have ruined the season,I just want this season over with.
Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 16:12 - May 4 with 2263 viewsGRIM

Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 14:19 - May 4 by grumpy

The players must take some of the blame.
Most have underperformed.
But some are just not good enough.
Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 21:18 - May 4 with 2157 viewsgrumpy

Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 16:12 - May 4 by GRIM

The players must take some of the blame.
Most have underperformed.
But some are just not good enough.

I think you have to ask,why so many players have underperformed.
I suggest that its the random selection,tactics and motivation that's been the main problem.
Take for instanced Onuachu,Sulemana and Orsic,three players that could have made an immediate impact, totally messed around,in and out of the side,they must be very confused.
Onuachu and Sulemana could have made us a lot of goals ,but weren't given any consistency.
Orsic is an experienced Croatian international and been given one game.
Our last two managers have completely lost the plot and with it our place in the top flight.
Jones had a good chance of picking up points from the fixtures he had on arrival and didn't.
Selles,his team selections and substitutions make no sense.
When Selles put his team section out,fans must wonder WHY?
Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 08:08 - May 5 with 2051 viewsdavidargyll

Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 21:18 - May 4 by grumpy

I suggest that its the random selection,tactics and motivation that's been the main problem.
Take for instanced Onuachu,Sulemana and Orsic,three players that could have made an immediate impact, totally messed around,in and out of the side,they must be very confused.
Onuachu and Sulemana could have made us a lot of goals ,but weren't given any consistency.
Our last two managers have completely lost the plot and with it our place in the top flight.
Jones had a good chance of picking up points from the fixtures he had on arrival and didn't.

Not sure that’s wholly right.
When players are bought in from abroad, as in any walk of life when you move jobs, it takes time to find your feet, weeks certainly, and maybe months. And not just settling in with your team mates, your new manager, but I also include your family, where you live, the language. So when you bring a number in as we did in the January window, is it really such a surprise that it takes a while for all of them to adjust?
The mistake was the Board not moving during the summer. And even though our two managers since Ralph have been average at best, I do think in some ways they both had one hand tied behind their backs because of the previous lack of ambition by the Board. The Board thought they could get away with it, but things went wrong in the first half of the season, so they panic in January and only make the situation worse which is where we are now.
Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 16:24 - May 7 with 1811 viewsGRIM

Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 21:18 - May 4 by grumpy

I take your point Grumps, but that does not apply to all of the players.
We have a number of players that just are NOT good enough for Premier lge.
Adam Armstrong + Diallo + Elynoussi + Aribo are the best examples of players that are out of their depth.
I would also add Walcot as now being over the top (albeit credit to him he was actually one of our better players in last few games, but that's not difficult considering how bad the others were).
Also Gavin Bazuna has not been good enough yet, but could possibly be in time.
Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 17:22 - May 7 with 1762 viewsgrumpy

Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 16:24 - May 7 by GRIM

I take your point Grumps, but that does not apply to all of the players.
We have a number of players that just are NOT good enough for Premier lge.
Adam Armstrong + Diallo + Elynoussi + Aribo are the best examples of players that are out of their depth.
I would also add Walcot as now being over the top (albeit credit to him he was actually one of our better players in last few games, but that's not difficult considering how bad the others were).
Also Gavin Bazuna has not been good enough yet, but could possibly be in time.

Trouble is Grim,we keep playing the ones that are not good enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 19:45 - May 13 with 1348 viewsGRIM

Rumour Mill Starts Turning On Next Southampton Manager on 14:19 - May 4 by grumpy

I hate to say it but I'm relieved it's all over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024