Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
23-24 season tickets 08:10 - May 5 with 6628 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

No sign as yet… Hartlepool put their prices out earlier this week. Can’t post a link, if anyone more tech savvy than me (not difficult) can manage it?
23-24 season tickets on 08:16 - May 5 with 5491 viewsHullDale

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2023/may2/season-tickets-2324--new-ticke
23-24 season tickets on 08:20 - May 5 with 5471 viewsHullDale

Its scary how far behind we are. We are literally frozen with nothing happening. Benefit of the doubt would be that there is an investor about to be unveiled who may dictate pricing etc... but the fact that shareholders / the Trust have not been introduced to an investor suggests any potential deal is still a LONG way off.

The club said they'd have the MRKT outcome by Sunday at the latest, and its clear from McNulty post Stockport that some of the output had already been shared - so waiting for that isn't an excuse.

Other teams have sold hundreds or thousands of season tickets, including in non-league.

Sponsorship is being sold, commercial opportunities for next season are being exploited - all vital cash coming into clubs when there is no obvious income source since the final home match of the season.

Somebody asked repeatedly at the (brilliant) Trust meetings if we were solvent and could survive the Summer... where is the money coming from now to even survive the next few weeks?
23-24 season tickets on 08:34 - May 5 with 5434 viewsChaffRAFC

23-24 season tickets on 08:20 - May 5 by HullDale

Its scary how far behind we are. We are literally frozen with nothing happening. Benefit of the doubt would be that there is an investor about to be unveiled who may dictate pricing etc... but the fact that shareholders / the Trust have not been introduced to an investor suggests any potential deal is still a LONG way off.

The club said they'd have the MRKT outcome by Sunday at the latest, and its clear from McNulty post Stockport that some of the output had already been shared - so waiting for that isn't an excuse.

Other teams have sold hundreds or thousands of season tickets, including in non-league.

Sponsorship is being sold, commercial opportunities for next season are being exploited - all vital cash coming into clubs when there is no obvious income source since the final home match of the season.

Somebody asked repeatedly at the (brilliant) Trust meetings if we were solvent and could survive the Summer... where is the money coming from now to even survive the next few weeks?

As downbeat as this post is, I can't help but worry as well. We can't say we've not seen relegation coming or that it's taken us a bit by surprise so the fact we seemingly have nothing imminent regarding season tickets, investment, just general updates really is very concerning.

I'm sure it's not the case but it's like we've given up.

There's a lot of clubs at NL level announced their season ticket prices and given how perilous our financial situation seems to be, why are we not in a position to announce prices yet?

The communication over the past few months hasn't been good. We've seen quite a few things go unannounced such as Kevin Gibbins coming back to assist McNulty, Brad Kelly being back at the club for the last few weeks despite apparently being on loan at Airbus, Jordan Scanlon's one month loan at Ramsbottom evidently being extended until the end of the season, Scott Quigley seemingly having gone back to Stockport County etc etc etc.

The 2022/23 season ticket advert is on the billboard outside the ground and in the email signature of some club employees.

I mean this is too basic to comprehend to me and it concerns me greatly. At a time where everyone needs to work together and make a real effort to try and steady this decline, I'm seeing nothing from anyone other than the Trust who are at least trying to get member feedback.

Come on people!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

23-24 season tickets on 10:10 - May 5 with 5257 views442Dale

But, but, but… they’re “re-engaging” with supporters.

And let’s not forget the club “shares the supporters’ anger and frustration”.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

23-24 season tickets on 10:17 - May 5 with 5229 viewsJames1980

It really seems like some can't be bothered, it is so disappointing especially after all the effort made at these trust meetings.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

23-24 season tickets on 10:19 - May 5 with 5214 viewskel

I’ve long since accepted the club just can’t be arsed since I was paid lip service over the volunteer army thing. Just checked my messages and I was told on the 31st December that it was imminent, or words to that effect.

This lot breed negativity so shouldn’t complain publicly when the supporters react in kind.
[Post edited 5 May 2023 10:22]
23-24 season tickets on 10:25 - May 5 with 5185 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

23-24 season tickets on 08:16 - May 5 by HullDale

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2023/may2/season-tickets-2324--new-ticke

Cheers HullDale
23-24 season tickets on 10:52 - May 5 with 5071 viewsSuddenLad

The only plausible (and acceptable) explanation for the ongoing omerta is that the club is in a period of due diligence and subject to an NDA. Please let that be the case.

If that is not so, then the current situation is nothing short of disgraceful. Still there is a rumour that administration will follow a few days after the last game against Harrogate. We will see.

This is the period when all the stops should be out, publicity should be at its maximum, actively seeking sponsorship, marketing next season, player recruitment, season ticket announcements, the whole damn lot. Yet here we are, living in an information vacuum, no manager, apparently rudderless and about to enter unchartered waters without any known plan of action.

It's like a recurrent bad dream. 102 years of FL history down the pan How the hell did it get to this?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

23-24 season tickets on 11:05 - May 5 with 5025 viewsHullDale

23-24 season tickets on 10:52 - May 5 by SuddenLad

The only plausible (and acceptable) explanation for the ongoing omerta is that the club is in a period of due diligence and subject to an NDA. Please let that be the case.

If that is not so, then the current situation is nothing short of disgraceful. Still there is a rumour that administration will follow a few days after the last game against Harrogate. We will see.

This is the period when all the stops should be out, publicity should be at its maximum, actively seeking sponsorship, marketing next season, player recruitment, season ticket announcements, the whole damn lot. Yet here we are, living in an information vacuum, no manager, apparently rudderless and about to enter unchartered waters without any known plan of action.

It's like a recurrent bad dream. 102 years of FL history down the pan How the hell did it get to this?

I hadn't heard the new admin rumour, and dread to think it may be true (we don't have 102 years of EFL membership to hang our hat on now, so being the only non-prem North West team to not go into admin was our last remaining point of pride).

HOWEVER - could pending admin be the reason for no season ticket update / sales? If people bought them now, any money in the club would be used to pay creditors I believe. If we went into admin, got bought and THEN released season tickets, that money would stay in the club?

I'm not saying that is the case, but its one theory. In the absence of communication from the club we can but speculate.
23-24 season tickets on 11:28 - May 5 with 4945 viewssurb_dale

The club has said an update on the investor situation will be made no later than 10th May. You have to hope that all will become clear within this update as to a preferred investor and what the plan is.

A number of people have said they wont buy a season ticket until there is clarity on investment and a manager so cant see the point releasing details at moment. Just have to hope things are actually happening behind the scenes and we can start to build some positivity going into the new season.

Time is ticking and the longer things drag on the higher chance we'll continue to follow in the foot steps of Scunthorpe.
23-24 season tickets on 11:32 - May 5 with 4920 viewsHullDale

side note - Scunthorpe, who were in our position last season, released their early bird season tickets on 30th March last year.

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2022/march/2022-23-season-tickets-on-sa

Lots of good 'value adds' there too - at no financial cost to the club.
23-24 season tickets on 11:48 - May 5 with 4843 viewsD_Alien

23-24 season tickets on 11:28 - May 5 by surb_dale

The club has said an update on the investor situation will be made no later than 10th May. You have to hope that all will become clear within this update as to a preferred investor and what the plan is.

A number of people have said they wont buy a season ticket until there is clarity on investment and a manager so cant see the point releasing details at moment. Just have to hope things are actually happening behind the scenes and we can start to build some positivity going into the new season.

Time is ticking and the longer things drag on the higher chance we'll continue to follow in the foot steps of Scunthorpe.

I'm expecting the update (if they can be bothered) to be along the lines of the rumour, and/or that no preferred investor has been found, so further drift

But you're right... anyone buying anything from the club right now might be wasting their money, in terms of it contributing to the playing side of things

I seriously believe the current situation is one of having given up; obviously i hope i'm wrong

There's a fair chance (if we're put into administration) that the Trust will get no input into whoever eventually takes over. I put a question along these lines at the first Trust meeting, but was met only with an assurance the club had made a promise in writing the Trust would be involved, which didn't answer the question. I understand the difficulties involved with NDAs, but it genuinely didn't seem to have been considered

So let's see what happens post-Harrogate. We've got a positivity thread, but this one might be considered as a negativity one. I'd just call it a realism one, or "let's prepare ourselves"
[Post edited 5 May 2023 11:49]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

23-24 season tickets on 12:42 - May 5 with 4704 viewsRodingdale

23-24 season tickets on 11:48 - May 5 by D_Alien

I'm expecting the update (if they can be bothered) to be along the lines of the rumour, and/or that no preferred investor has been found, so further drift

But you're right... anyone buying anything from the club right now might be wasting their money, in terms of it contributing to the playing side of things

I seriously believe the current situation is one of having given up; obviously i hope i'm wrong

There's a fair chance (if we're put into administration) that the Trust will get no input into whoever eventually takes over. I put a question along these lines at the first Trust meeting, but was met only with an assurance the club had made a promise in writing the Trust would be involved, which didn't answer the question. I understand the difficulties involved with NDAs, but it genuinely didn't seem to have been considered

So let's see what happens post-Harrogate. We've got a positivity thread, but this one might be considered as a negativity one. I'd just call it a realism one, or "let's prepare ourselves"
[Post edited 5 May 2023 11:49]

As a slight aside, I sit in the MS a few feet away from the directors box, and when the brief post match chanting started I glanced at SG - understandably he had a perplexed / incredulous / furious? look on his face, by the time I’d turned to look at the chanters and as I turned back just in time to see him hastily disappearing into the bar. Safe to say there looked to be a lot of frustration in the directors box. I wonder what they know that we don’t? But this thread may be getting nearer……hopefully we will find out soon because the place is falling apart.
23-24 season tickets on 16:03 - May 5 with 4426 viewsDalenet

I am more positive than this thread.

We have just had two games recently with bumper away attendances and April will have brought a good cashflow position. If we were on the edge we'd have marketed Season Cards by now. We haven't and we aren't. Remember Bury offering their season cards around February and the poor sods never got their football season. Hornets did the same the year they went pop and fans were caught with their pants down.

We didn't announce our season card prices last year until the season ended. So why are people so anxous now? I hope they have been analysing how clubs in our new league have priced so that we can reflect on fair value. £24 entry fees are probably too high, whereas £325 for a season card would still be great value.

I for one am pleased that we have enough cash in the bank to see us into the start of the off season without needing the season card money. I worry for clubs that have spent all their season card funds before it has even started.
23-24 season tickets on 17:33 - May 5 with 4246 viewsClivert

23-24 season tickets on 16:03 - May 5 by Dalenet

We have just had two games recently with bumper away attendances and April will have brought a good cashflow position. If we were on the edge we'd have marketed Season Cards by now. We haven't and we aren't. Remember Bury offering their season cards around February and the poor sods never got their football season. Hornets did the same the year they went pop and fans were caught with their pants down.

We didn't announce our season card prices last year until the season ended. So why are people so anxous now? I hope they have been analysing how clubs in our new league have priced so that we can reflect on fair value. £24 entry fees are probably too high, whereas £325 for a season card would still be great value.

I for one am pleased that we have enough cash in the bank to see us into the start of the off season without needing the season card money. I worry for clubs that have spent all their season card funds before it has even started.

Possibly.

I think that it's more likely that they've just forgotton to do it going off their track record with other things.
23-24 season tickets on 17:38 - May 5 with 4228 views442Dale

March last year, supporters being included in discussions around season cards:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2022/03/supporters-needed-for-season-ticket-panel/

This year? Suppose that’s why they need to start “re-engaging”.

The clock carries on ticking.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

23-24 season tickets on 20:02 - May 5 with 3979 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

This thread wasn’t intended to be negative, more a “kick up the arse” for the club to get its act together & do what Hartlepool (who were relegated at the same time as us) have done & make it clear to the fans how much we will have to stump up for next season. IMO the longer supporters have to wait the more reason they will have to do other stuff on a Saturday.
Why the delay? Surely the writing has been on the wall for weeks if not months, if there isn’t a strategy in place for relegation by now then I’m seriously worried.
23-24 season tickets on 20:09 - May 5 with 3956 viewsJames1980

23-24 season tickets on 20:02 - May 5 by Plattyswrinklynuts

This thread wasn’t intended to be negative, more a “kick up the arse” for the club to get its act together & do what Hartlepool (who were relegated at the same time as us) have done & make it clear to the fans how much we will have to stump up for next season. IMO the longer supporters have to wait the more reason they will have to do other stuff on a Saturday.
Why the delay? Surely the writing has been on the wall for weeks if not months, if there isn’t a strategy in place for relegation by now then I’m seriously worried.

But they don't look at the messageboards and forums.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

23-24 season tickets on 20:12 - May 5 with 3947 views49thseason

"I worry for clubs that have spent all their season card funds before it has even started".
If Season Tickets are anything like magazine subscriptions, it would be poor accounting practice to spend the money before the game has been played. Think about the refunds people were entitled to during the season that was curtailed by Covid.

I guess if the money goes into a pot its hard to keep it separate, but there isn't much excuse if you are spending it knowing you are going bust. All the season Ticket holders would be entitled to ask the receiver for their money back from the winding up process. And I don't think it would be a brilliant idea if you were a Director living in the same town if people didn't get their money back....
23-24 season tickets on 21:18 - May 5 with 3857 viewsDale27

23-24 season tickets on 20:02 - May 5 by Plattyswrinklynuts

They said that one was in place, hmmmmmm.

Like many others, myself and my lad are seriously thinking about not renewing, based on the cba attitude of the club at this present time. Why haven’t we got a shortlist of managers yet? Stockdale built a squad at the last minute and look what happened then!!!

Oldham have now sold over 3,500 ST’s so far as a comparison.
23-24 season tickets on 22:02 - May 5 with 3759 viewsBrierls

23-24 season tickets on 21:18 - May 5 by Dale27

They said that one was in place, hmmmmmm.

Like many others, myself and my lad are seriously thinking about not renewing, based on the cba attitude of the club at this present time. Why haven’t we got a shortlist of managers yet? Stockdale built a squad at the last minute and look what happened then!!!

Oldham have now sold over 3,500 ST’s so far as a comparison.

I can’t believe the club haven’t announced a shortlist of managers. I mean we’ve had that in previous years, haven’t we?!

Stockdale’s last minute squad produced the best performances and results we’ve had in two years. It was when he (and Shan) had money and time to think that it went tits up.

I understand the frustration, I feel it too, but let’s not just moan at anything that pops into our heads. It detracts from valid points being made.
[Post edited 5 May 2023 22:18]
23-24 season tickets on 22:15 - May 5 with 3731 viewsBrierls

The club should scrap concessions in the Sandy. Let’s see how much these scrotes ‘love’ the club and don’t just turn up to dick about with their mates.
23-24 season tickets on 23:26 - May 5 with 3614 viewsWirralDale

23-24 season tickets on 22:15 - May 5 by Brierls

The club should scrap concessions in the Sandy. Let’s see how much these scrotes ‘love’ the club and don’t just turn up to dick about with their mates.

Please don’t tar all us Sandy fans with the same brush! Some have been standing there for decades and the vast majority are loyal and well-behaved, not like the new mob of troublemakers..
23-24 season tickets on 23:59 - May 5 with 3590 viewsSandyman

It was mentioned on one of the tables at the recent Trust events, that four scenarios had been planned for regarding Season Cards.

Prices in EFL with new investment.
Prices in EFL without new investment.
Prices in NFL with new investment.
Prices in NFL without new investment.

Hartlepool, who will be NFL like us, have offered Season Card prices and sales, even though the club itself is up for sale.

I don't know what to think.
23-24 season tickets on 00:24 - May 6 with 3529 views49thseason

23-24 season tickets on 23:59 - May 5 by Sandyman

It was mentioned on one of the tables at the recent Trust events, that four scenarios had been planned for regarding Season Cards.

Prices in EFL with new investment.
Prices in EFL without new investment.
Prices in NFL with new investment.
Prices in NFL without new investment.

Hartlepool, who will be NFL like us, have offered Season Card prices and sales, even though the club itself is up for sale.

I don't know what to think.

I think prices will go up if only to try to make back a bit from the effects of inflation. I think £1 per game , £ 23 per ST across the board iwould be reasonable without scaring anyone off and would raise an extra £35k if we sold 1500 ish. If they jack them up too much people will pick and choose their games and any tuesday night matches will be quieter than a Sam Smiths pub.

On the other hand, a new investor some decent publicity and a couple of good signings and things could look very different..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024