Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! 17:26 - May 14 with 9155 viewsChris1803

With all the playoffs now done and dusted outside of the EFL, the sides making up the National League for 2023/24 are confirmed as:

AFC Fylde
Aldershot Town
Altrincham FC
Barnet FC
Boreham Wood
Bromley FC
Chesterfield FC
Dagenham & Redbridge
Dorking Wanderers
Eastleigh FC
Ebbsfleet United
FC Halifax Town
Gateshead FC
Hartlepool United
Kidderminster Harriers
Maidenhead United
Oldham Athletic
Oxford City
Rochdale AFC
Solihull Moors
Southend United
Wealdstone FC
Woking FC
York City

Onwards to new adventures, new grounds, and a number of friendly welcoming clubs.
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 18:15 - May 14 with 5890 viewsTomRAFC

Some good away days. Halifax is full of nostalgia, and Altrincham/Gateshead will take me near good friends and old stomping grounds.

Not looking forward to Oldham away. I always enjoyed the bite in the air at Gigg Lane, but something about games at Boundary Park always felt sinister.

I'm sure no references will be made to Botters at Fylde... Nope, none at all.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 19:48 - May 14 with 5727 viewsmodelboydave

Which leads to the inevitable question how many grounds have you visited - I make it 11/24

AFC Fylde
Aldershot Town yes
Altrincham FC
Barnet FC yes
Boreham Wood yes
Bromley FC
Chesterfield FC yes
Dagenham & Redbridge yes
Dorking Wanderers
Eastleigh FC
Ebbsfleet United
FC Halifax Town yes
Gateshead FC
Hartlepool United yes
Kidderminster Harriers yes
Maidenhead United
Oldham Athletic yes
Oxford City
Rochdale AFC yes
Solihull Moors
Southend United yes
Wealdstone FC

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 20:13 - May 14 with 5661 viewsChris1803

I've been to 14 of the 24, mostly in my time covering Bradford (Park Avenue) or Guiseley.

I need to do: Barnet, Bromley, Dagenham, Dorking, Eastleigh, Ebbsfleet, Southend, Wealdstone, Woking and York (ticked off Bootham Crescent, haven't been to the new ground).
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 20:33 - May 14 with 5620 viewsTrev

There's a certain novelty to some of these grounds, I must admit. If I wasn't so concerned about the BoD and the management team I'd almost say I was looking forward to it.
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 20:33 - May 14 with 5619 viewsEllDale

I’ve been to six of those listed.
Looking forward to going to a few more new ones though.
York will be a must ditto KFC Fylde.
[Post edited 14 May 2023 20:34]
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 20:50 - May 14 with 5587 viewsTomRAFC

A paltry 7, and only 6 were for Dale games. I've seen South Shields play at Gateshead.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 21:32 - May 14 with 5475 viewsClivert

The Willbutts isn't going to be needed much next season looking at that list, Oldham, Chesterfield, Halifax, Hartlepool and York
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 22:07 - May 14 with 5412 viewsEllDale

And only Oldham will probably fill it.
Login to get fewer ads

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 22:16 - May 14 with 5399 views100569

Yes.....it's 11 for me too. 12 if we include the COA.
[Post edited 14 May 2023 22:22]
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 23:09 - May 14 with 5313 viewsBrierls

12/24 for me.
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 23:12 - May 14 with 5313 viewspioneer

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 22:16 - May 14 by 100569

Yes.....it's 11 for me too. 12 if we include the COA.
[Post edited 14 May 2023 22:22]

11 for me including COA…..all but fylde and wealdstone were for Dale games
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 23:31 - May 14 with 5285 viewsSandyman

A big disappointment is the change of caterers at Kidderminster. The cottage pie down there was the best pie I've ever had on a football ground.

https://harriers.co.uk/news/2021/07/30/food-provision-at-aggborough/

Hope they still have the "Phoenix Club" type bar to go in, and more than one turnstile open in the away end when queues are building up before kick off..
[Post edited 14 May 2023 23:32]
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 00:58 - May 15 with 5249 viewsDorkingDale

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 21:32 - May 14 by Clivert

The Willbutts isn't going to be needed much next season looking at that list, Oldham, Chesterfield, Halifax, Hartlepool and York

Yep - shame about the pen result as Notts C would've brought a sell out crowd....
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 01:01 - May 15 with 5247 viewsDorkingDale

Am I the only one who's been to Meadowbank? Met a few lads from Bamford, now living in South London, who came down for the Oldham match last season......
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 02:11 - May 15 with 5207 viewsPeaky

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 01:01 - May 15 by DorkingDale

Am I the only one who's been to Meadowbank? Met a few lads from Bamford, now living in South London, who came down for the Oldham match last season......

11 for me and some cracking memories. Crazy how many teams in this league have been in the football league previously.
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 06:05 - May 15 with 5148 viewsNorthernDale

Including the Dale, I have been to 11 of the 24.
[Post edited 15 May 2023 6:47]
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 07:16 - May 15 with 5102 viewspioneer

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 01:01 - May 15 by DorkingDale

Been to Meadowbank Thistle! when they played at the commonwealth stadium in Edinburgh (pre Livingston days).
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 19:56 - May 15 with 4776 viewswatford_dale

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 06:05 - May 15 by NorthernDale

Including the Dale, I have been to 11 of the 24.
[Post edited 15 May 2023 6:47]

Including Dale, 15/24 swept up 40 odd non league grounds when lived down south. Focused on the isthmian premier and still got 12/22 done from this years league.

The boxing day and new years day fixtures are usually home and away with your nearest local rival, should be bonanza time if its Oldham.
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 21:06 - May 15 with 4692 viewsfermin

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 19:48 - May 14 by modelboydave

Which leads to the inevitable question how many grounds have you visited - I make it 11/24

AFC Fylde
Aldershot Town yes
Altrincham FC
Barnet FC yes
Boreham Wood yes
Bromley FC
Chesterfield FC yes
Dagenham & Redbridge yes
Dorking Wanderers
Eastleigh FC
Ebbsfleet United
FC Halifax Town yes
Gateshead FC
Hartlepool United yes
Maidenhead United
Oldham Athletic yes
Oxford City
Rochdale AFC yes
Solihull Moors
Southend United yes
Wealdstone FC

AFC Fylde
Aldershot Town yes
Altrincham FC yes
Barnet FC (not new ground)
Boreham Wood yes
Bromley FC
Chesterfield FC yes
Dagenham & Redbridge yes
Dorking Wanderers
Eastleigh FC
Ebbsfleet United
FC Halifax Town yes
Gateshead FC
Hartlepool United yes
Maidenhead United yes
Oldham Athletic yes
Oxford City yes
Rochdale AFC yes
Solihull Moors
Southend United yes
Wealdstone FC
Woking yes
York (not new ground)

So 14 of the 24, 9 with Dale. 16 and 11 if you change it the club rather than the ground.

I am not quite sure if I have been to Wealdstone's ground. I have seen Oxford City play at Ruislip Manor in the Spartan South Midlands League in 2005/06 and I wonder if it is the same ground. It looks a bit like it but it has been developed somewhat since then.
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 22:19 - May 15 with 4558 viewsEllDale

If we were remarking before that the geographical balance of non league football is skewed towards the south I’ve just seen that Bishops Stortford have been placed in National League North next season!
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 22:22 - May 15 with 4548 viewsmikehunt

Ridiculous!!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 22:30 - May 15 with 4531 viewsBrierls

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 22:19 - May 15 by EllDale

If we were remarking before that the geographical balance of non league football is skewed towards the south I’ve just seen that Bishops Stortford have been placed in National League North next season!

That is brutal, especially for them. It will cost them a fortune in travel and they won’t be able to attract players cause they won’t get back for work from midweek games.
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 22:37 - May 15 with 4507 viewspioneer

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 22:30 - May 15 by Brierls

That is brutal, especially for them. It will cost them a fortune in travel and they won’t be able to attract players cause they won’t get back for work from midweek games.

Yes…a bit like rugby league putting a team from Toronto in hornets division a few years back. Though to be fair they werent based in Toronto…they trained in Leigh and flew to Canada for a few weeks at a time for succesive home games.
Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 18:23 - May 16 with 4184 viewsmikehunt

Think of the likes of Blyth who have to travel to Gloucester and Hereford amongst other “Northern” teams in that division. It’s an utter farce. How can those clubs afford the travelling costs?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 19:31 - May 16 with 4085 viewsfermin

Next Seasons National League Confirmed! on 22:30 - May 15 by Brierls

On the other hand it is easy to forget about the travel distance westwards. Bishops Stortford to Truro is probably further than a trip to Newcastle and Weymouth, Taunton, Yeovil and Weston-super-Mare are about the same as Manchester. My understanding is that a big issue is where you recruit your players from, so if they tend to recruit from further south then they are going to have a problem as players might go elsewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024