Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF 11:23 - May 18 with 7657 viewsHullDale

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 11:51 - May 18 with 6312 views49thseason

Interesting!. I wonder if we have had a better offer plus the £80k Rovers gave us?.. Or has a potential new investor said he doesn't want him to be sold? You wouldn't imagine that there was anything about his performances over the last few games that would have put anyone off buying him, quite the opposite.
Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 11:58 - May 18 with 6298 viewsRodingdale

Didn’t their manager attend the first half of I think the Tranmere game when the whole team including Ethan had a stinker?

Or maybe they’ve reviewed their strategy following the fall off of form and he now doesn’t fit their plans.

Either way yet more uncertainty. 🙄
Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 12:23 - May 18 with 6174 viewsSuddenLad

Come what may, Ethan will be plying his trade elsewhere next season. We will just have to wait and see what his destination will be.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 12:37 - May 18 with 6129 viewsBrierls

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 12:23 - May 18 by SuddenLad

Come what may, Ethan will be plying his trade elsewhere next season. We will just have to wait and see what his destination will be.

Exactly.

Who knows, maybe we'll get a better offer than the fee we agreed with Blackburn? Maybe Ethan himself will benefit from better personal terms?

We don't know, and to be perfectly honest we shouldn't know until deals are complete. The club made statements on the Brierley/Blackburn saga at the fans forum because it was all over social and national media, plus the lad hadn't been playing. He has played from that point, so there's really no need for a club statement as some will no doubt demand under the guise of 'communication'.
Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 12:49 - May 18 with 6059 viewsdingdangblue

Hopefully Sheffield Utd come back for him - I presume they will be able to sign players now they have their Prem millions. Might be seen as a shrewd buy looking at Ethans age and the likelihood that we will sell cheap and are desperate for money.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 12:53 - May 18 with 6046 viewssamueloneils

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 12:37 - May 18 by Brierls

Exactly.

Who knows, maybe we'll get a better offer than the fee we agreed with Blackburn? Maybe Ethan himself will benefit from better personal terms?

We don't know, and to be perfectly honest we shouldn't know until deals are complete. The club made statements on the Brierley/Blackburn saga at the fans forum because it was all over social and national media, plus the lad hadn't been playing. He has played from that point, so there's really no need for a club statement as some will no doubt demand under the guise of 'communication'.

Thanks for your comment about "communication",It has been baffling me what the isses are.
I`ve never known a company where everything has to be discussed with the shareholders.
And why the talk of the" biggest shareholder" ? We as fans own about 13% of the club. The BOD owns about 36% between them and are designated to run the club and make decisions for us- without pay- there will never be any dividends..

Together we own about 50% of the club which just about makes it a "fan-owned club" Or do some fans think the directors are not really fans?
Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 13:08 - May 18 with 5948 viewsD_Alien

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 12:53 - May 18 by samueloneils

Thanks for your comment about "communication",It has been baffling me what the isses are.
I`ve never known a company where everything has to be discussed with the shareholders.
And why the talk of the" biggest shareholder" ? We as fans own about 13% of the club. The BOD owns about 36% between them and are designated to run the club and make decisions for us- without pay- there will never be any dividends..

Together we own about 50% of the club which just about makes it a "fan-owned club" Or do some fans think the directors are not really fans?

The Dale Trust owns 13% of shares, on behalf of its members

Whilst the board own a total of 36%, the vast majority of remaining shares are also held by individual fans

The board are fans of the club, but the 64% of shares they don't own are also held by fans, making it almost exclusively fan-owned

[Post edited 18 May 2023 13:09]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 13:25 - May 18 with 5893 views442Dale

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 11:51 - May 18 by 49thseason

Interesting!. I wonder if we have had a better offer plus the £80k Rovers gave us?.. Or has a potential new investor said he doesn't want him to be sold? You wouldn't imagine that there was anything about his performances over the last few games that would have put anyone off buying him, quite the opposite.

Where is the confirmation around 80k?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 13:41 - May 18 with 5845 views49thseason

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 13:25 - May 18 by 442Dale

Rovers CEO I think, in a video as he was trying to explain how they had buggered up their correspondence by 12 seconds....something about " supporting a neighbouring EFL club" iirc. My suspicion was that we spent the money on Mullarkey on the basis of cash coming in from Rovers and were left dangling when they cocked up, with luck they will write it off! Rovers are deep in debt £40m or so I think, so maybe its cheaper to write off £80 than fork out multiples of that.. hope so!
Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 14:03 - May 18 with 5766 viewsSuddenLad

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 13:41 - May 18 by 49thseason

Rovers CEO I think, in a video as he was trying to explain how they had buggered up their correspondence by 12 seconds....something about " supporting a neighbouring EFL club" iirc. My suspicion was that we spent the money on Mullarkey on the basis of cash coming in from Rovers and were left dangling when they cocked up, with luck they will write it off! Rovers are deep in debt £40m or so I think, so maybe its cheaper to write off £80 than fork out multiples of that.. hope so!

I think that is exactly the scenario. The £80k from Rovers was almost a 'good will' gesture, because we spent what we expected to receive in advance of getting it, but which we didn't get.

Whether they will write it off, remains to be seen, hopefully they will. A case of 'don't count your chickens' and all that....

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 14:16 - May 18 with 5720 viewsdingdangblue

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 14:03 - May 18 by SuddenLad

I think that is exactly the scenario. The £80k from Rovers was almost a 'good will' gesture, because we spent what we expected to receive in advance of getting it, but which we didn't get.

Whether they will write it off, remains to be seen, hopefully they will. A case of 'don't count your chickens' and all that....

Certainly £80k for Mullarkey sounds about right. Certainly not anything near what we should be getting for our best young player. £80k is probably around what Bradley Dack is on a month.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 14:42 - May 18 with 5640 viewselectricblue

Forgeting the financial restrictions now is the time to tie Brierley down to a longer contract...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 15:02 - May 18 with 5586 viewsSuddenLad

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 14:42 - May 18 by electricblue

Forgeting the financial restrictions now is the time to tie Brierley down to a longer contract...

As much chance as signing Messi.

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 15:08 - May 18 with 5557 viewsDalenet

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 12:49 - May 18 by dingdangblue

Hopefully Sheffield Utd come back for him - I presume they will be able to sign players now they have their Prem millions. Might be seen as a shrewd buy looking at Ethans age and the likelihood that we will sell cheap and are desperate for money.

They have had their transfer embargo lifted so you never know
Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 16:29 - May 18 with 5372 views49thseason

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 14:03 - May 18 by SuddenLad

Ha ha ha, thats exactly what Blackburns owners do... count chickens..... good call!

"The V H Group (which owns Blackburn Rovers) is an Indian conglomerate primarily comprising companies related to the poultry industry"
Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 17:23 - May 18 with 5230 viewsSuddenLad

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 16:29 - May 18 by 49thseason

Ha ha ha, thats exactly what Blackburns owners do... count chickens..... good call!

"The V H Group (which owns Blackburn Rovers) is an Indian conglomerate primarily comprising companies related to the poultry industry"

Precisely.

Maybe Thomasson wasn't impressed when he saw him, or Dale have upped the asking price and Rovers have decided not to play that game, or perhaps bid(s) have arrived from elsewhere.

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 18:06 - May 18 with 5125 viewsNorthernDale

I read some weeks ago, that Blackburn are skint and it could impact on their squad for next season, which as also raised apparently questions on their manager remaining.

Never mind the board will sell him on the cheap to somebody like Stockport or Salford, they have not got the vision to offer him an improved contract or the backbone to hold out for a good fee.
[Post edited 18 May 2023 19:10]
Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 20:35 - May 18 with 4836 viewsrobtheb

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 11:58 - May 18 by Rodingdale

Didn’t their manager attend the first half of I think the Tranmere game when the whole team including Ethan had a stinker?

Or maybe they’ve reviewed their strategy following the fall off of form and he now doesn’t fit their plans.

Either way yet more uncertainty. 🙄

He did, he was sat behind me but did not appear for the 2nd half.
Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 17:09 - Jun 1 with 3747 viewsAllBlueDale

The Athletic reporting he's off to Brentford/Brentford B for a six figure sum
Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 17:48 - Jun 1 with 3597 viewselectricblue

That will be £300k plus add ons then.....

Bargain...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 18:09 - Jun 1 with 3540 viewsNorthernDale

If it is true, good luck to him, he deserves the opportunity.
Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 18:40 - Jun 1 with 3461 viewsTomRAFC

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 13:25 - May 18 by 442Dale

With regards to the wider context of Ethan's situation at the time/communication by the club...

George Delves gave a talk at the fans forum, which happened shortly after, to clear up the confusion around Ethan's trial at Sheffield/the Blackburn transfer. He confirmed that Ethan hadn't been at Sheffield long at all, and the reason he hadn't been playing for Dale was because the manager wasn't picking him.

He also confirmed that the Blackburn sale would have been announced as a substantial 6 figure fee, plus clauses / add ons.

For some reason, the club did not choose to share this information with fans who couldn't get to the forum...
[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 20:56]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 10:01 - Jun 2 with 3013 viewsHullDale

Potentially a brilliant move for him.
Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 10:34 - Jun 2 with 2907 viewsNorthernDale

No doubt undisclosed fee. As I have already said, good luck to Ethan and I think he goes to Brentford with all the thanks and good wishes of the Rochdale fan base.
Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 10:34 - Jun 2 with 2906 viewsYadHoDale

Ethan Brierley > Blackburn OFF on 10:01 - Jun 2 by HullDale

Potentially a brilliant move for him.

Looking at previous young players we've sold, potentially the best possible destination. Brentford seem to be a very well-run club, punching above their weight position-wise and with a recent history of themselves looking after, developing and selling on their players (Scott Hogan being the obvious example, but there are many others), in which case Dale may be due a cut.

Good luck to Ethan - once a Daley, always a Daley - and like the others we've sold he deserves the chance to progress.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024