Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media 10:25 - May 20 with 4910 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60252/jake-silverstein-a

Yes,that’s him there, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 14:58 - May 20 with 1265 viewsmax936

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 14:32 - May 20 by guthrieintherain

Yes on both sides personally I think deep down both parties are happy with the outcome

Even if Jake is lashing out a bit.

Lashing out to get the fans onside, it is and always has been with this lot of gremlins a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 15:30 - May 20 with 1203 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 14:32 - May 20 by guthrieintherain

Yes on both sides personally I think deep down both parties are happy with the outcome

Even if Jake is lashing out a bit.

Sousa mark two. Swansea have been here before.

"I am bigger than Swansea who are holding me back" .Off you go then mate.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 17:05 - May 20 with 1142 viewsmax936

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 15:30 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Sousa mark two. Swansea have been here before.

"I am bigger than Swansea who are holding me back" .Off you go then mate.

Clueless excuses on top of countless other clueless posts from you, your mates making promises they have no intention of keeping,

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 17:16 - May 20 with 1123 viewsguthrieintherain

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 17:05 - May 20 by max936

Clueless excuses on top of countless other clueless posts from you, your mates making promises they have no intention of keeping,

Lost 14 million quid last accounts

we need to be competitive but sensible as well.
Jake is right if he wants to go and the compensation figure is met nothing else we can do.

Let's not pretend he is a massive loss though 4 seasons and achieved nothing really.

All the doom and gloom merchants can moan about the next manager now.
[Post edited 20 May 2023 17:22]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 17:21 - May 20 with 1080 viewsWhiterockin

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 17:16 - May 20 by guthrieintherain

Jake is right if he wants to go and the compensation figure is met nothing else we can do.

Let's not pretend he is a massive loss though 4 seasons and achieved nothing really.

Granted there is nothing we can do, except behave in a professional manner. Which we are not doing.
Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 17:31 - May 20 with 1058 viewsmax936

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 17:16 - May 20 by guthrieintherain

No loss whatsoever, so who is pretending?

What people are missing, conveniently in some quarters without a doubt, is the fact that promises made have obviously been backtracked on, Cooper suffered similarly.

I was responding to the poster who reckons Martin thinks he's bigger and better than little old Swansea.

Martin had no control over finances, 14 million loss is a lot of money to lose, but my point above remains.
[Post edited 20 May 2023 20:11]

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 17:34 - May 20 with 1040 viewsmax936

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 17:21 - May 20 by Whiterockin

Granted there is nothing we can do, except behave in a professional manner. Which we are not doing.

This. 100%

Could see this coming on 1st of February again similar to Coopers ending, both had similar endings to their Swans Careers, more so Martin with that run of wins.

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 17:42 - May 20 with 1009 viewsonehunglow

Doom and gloomers will be just as objective as they were with Martin.
Not sure about the naysayers or whatever pitiful jibe is thrown at those who simply want success
And Martin didn’t remotely bring us anything like it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 18:37 - May 20 with 948 viewsKeithHaynes

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 17:42 - May 20 by onehunglow

Doom and gloomers will be just as objective as they were with Martin.
Not sure about the naysayers or whatever pitiful jibe is thrown at those who simply want success
And Martin didn’t remotely bring us anything like it.

Makes you wonder why this all came out when it did, Martin actually doing something that pleases everyone ( winning ) then the rug gets pulled. Maybe tomorrow we will have something on here explain the real reasons ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 18:46 - May 20 with 920 viewsWhiterockin

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 18:37 - May 20 by KeithHaynes

Makes you wonder why this all came out when it did, Martin actually doing something that pleases everyone ( winning ) then the rug gets pulled. Maybe tomorrow we will have something on here explain the real reasons ?

You little teaser
Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 18:50 - May 20 with 903 viewsDr_Winston

It's interesting that it's Silverstein, who until now as far as I was aware was one of RM's biggest advocates, has turned on him.

FWIW I don't doubt that he's had his head turned by possible interest from a club who will no doubt offer him both a return to the South Coast and a significantly increased salary to do so, but frankly the tedious nonsense that will no doubt also do the rounds about how he feels forced out we could do without.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 18:55 - May 20 with 886 viewsKeithHaynes

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 14:10 - May 20 by guthrieintherain

He did say in his January presser that nobody in this building was to blame for the January transfer shambles.

Which is a pop at the owners.

Not criticising by the way but it was said.

They then stood by him after 3 wins in 21 maybe that's why Jake is peeved

That’s not aiming criticism that’s the truth !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 17:41 - May 21 with 678 viewscadleigh

Interesting discussion. While I agree that it’s ill-advised for directors to be flaming off at the manager on social media, Silverstein has literally poured millions of his own money into the club, which has kept us afloat, so I don’t blame him for responding when some keyboard warrior accuses him of holding back the cash.

As others have said, it may be telling that it is Silverstein, previously one of Martin’s more vocal advocates, who is clearly angry that Martin is trying to spin his departure as a reaction to the club’s failure to back him instead of what it clearly is - a handy exit to a ‘bigger’ club when he knew he was unlikely to get much, if any, in terms of contract extension from us. Martin has been preparing the ground for this spin-job since the end of the transfer window when he (rather improbably) claimed that Jason Levien was solely responsible for the January debacle.

The sad thing is it will probably work. There’s no shortage of people willing to tell you that Potter would have stayed with us if he’d been properly backed, rather than going to a Premier League team with a massive new stadium, pots of cash and (let’s be honest) less rain.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 17:50 - May 21 with 663 viewsSullutaCreturned

Doom and gloom merchants? People having a poor opinion of Martin doesn't make them doom and gloom merchants.

Those same people may have a very high opinion of our next manager where maybe some Martin fans don't like him. Life can be like that.
Jake Silverstein attacks Russell Martin on social media on 13:22 - May 22 with 551 viewsReslovenSwan1

I am sad Martin is jumping ship. Anyone who joins Swansea must realise there will be cash restrictions. Both Cooper and Martin did 2 years out of 3 year contracts. Not all promises can be fulfilled.

I suspect Martin and the team offered several unpalatable deals to Levien and co and they were not impressed. Potter sulked after they refused to sanction £7m for Ryan Woods. "who?" I hear you ask. Exactly . He bombed.

Half of Martins time was paid for by Coopers compensation. Halgf of the next manager remuneration will be covered by Martin's compo. Nice work if you ask me.

Swansea are good at identifying managers even after Jenkins left. Last three Potter Cooper Martin. Not too shabby. Potter was the Premier league poster boy.

Now it is "low block" Cooper. "Naturally I am delighted but we did not play in the away ideally we would want to so there is work to be done." (more or less). He said that at Swansea 4 years ago and is still saying it. 1-0 Forest / Swansea never playing in the style he wants. Either brilliant PR or spin for the day he takes over at Liverpool?.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024