Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension 15:41 - Jun 7 with 1466 viewsmajorraglan

Margaret Ferrier the SNP MP who breached the Covid Regs and traveled home on a train after testing positive has been suspended for 30 days which means her constituents can petition to have a by election.

The vote was 185 in favour of the suspension while 40 MP’s voted against suspending her which would have meant she was free to carry on as an MP. Of the 40 MPs who voted against Ferrier's suspension 32 were Conservatives, two were DUP, two were Alba and one was Reclaim. Interestingly, the Conservatives who backed her included former ministers David Davis and Jacob Rees-Mogg, and party grandees Sir Bill Cash and Sir Edward Leigh and there is speculation they voted against the suspension in an attempt to set the ground to save Boris from a similar suspension if found guilty. I think it’s pretty shocking, she’s broken the law and should be out and I’d expect MP’s to have supported that.
Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 15:45 - Jun 7 with 1462 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Hardly a punishment at all compared to others. She should be in jail.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 18:29 - Jun 7 with 1415 viewsSullutaCreturned

Don't be surprised, the rats try to close ranks and protect each other.

You can never trust politicians to do the right thing, not when there is so much money and privilige at stake. They have no morals or ethics that a decent person would recognise, with few exceptions.
Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 18:44 - Jun 7 with 1408 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

There are MP’s who have committed much worse offences and are still sitting as MP’s.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 19:26 - Jun 7 with 1397 viewsMad_Mike

If there is a recall motion and another by election which the SNP were to lose then they would have no overall majority. (Even including the two Greens).
Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 20:04 - Jun 7 with 1379 viewsGwyn737

Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 15:45 - Jun 7 by felixstowe_jack

Hardly a punishment at all compared to others. She should be in jail.

Out of curiosity who do you think came off worse for similar offences.

Not defending her btw.
Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 20:12 - Jun 7 with 1375 viewsSullutaCreturned

Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 20:04 - Jun 7 by Gwyn737

Out of curiosity who do you think came off worse for similar offences.

Not defending her btw.

Actually there's a few who only got fines for breaking covid rules, like Bojo who should have been punished worse than her.

I think the real case is, she got what she deserved and others got off lightly.
Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 20:17 - Jun 7 with 1373 viewsGwyn737

Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 20:12 - Jun 7 by SullutaCreturned

Actually there's a few who only got fines for breaking covid rules, like Bojo who should have been punished worse than her.

That’s what I think Cat.

I’m curious that Felix thinks differently. I may well have missed something.
Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 20:22 - Jun 7 with 1369 viewsSullutaCreturned

Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 20:17 - Jun 7 by Gwyn737

That’s what I think Cat.

I’m curious that Felix thinks differently. I may well have missed something.

Felix is a tory. Him and Builthy are polar opposites.

I have, in the past been called a loony lefty and Tory scum!

I'm neither. I hate them both
Login to get fewer ads

Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 20:30 - Jun 7 with 1365 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 20:12 - Jun 7 by SullutaCreturned

The penalty for breaking covid rules were more often than not a small fixed penalty notice. Talk of prison or people being punished worse isn’t really a possibility unless the breaking of the rules were of a huge severity which these instances clearly are not.

To still be chasing people up years later for what are essentially minor misdemeanours seems an odd waste of time and money.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 20:37 - Jun 7 with 1362 viewsGwyn737

Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 20:22 - Jun 7 by SullutaCreturned

It’s Felix and Kilkenny who are the polar opposites!
Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 21:46 - Jun 7 with 1328 viewsonehunglow

Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 20:22 - Jun 7 by SullutaCreturned

Felix is ok as is Builth
They both hate me

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 22:10 - Jun 7 with 1328 viewsmajorraglan

Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 20:30 - Jun 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The penalty for breaking covid rules were more often than not a small fixed penalty notice. Talk of prison or people being punished worse isn’t really a possibility unless the breaking of the rules were of a huge severity which these instances clearly are not.

To still be chasing people up years later for what are essentially minor misdemeanours seems an odd waste of time and money.

She was Covid positive, knew she was Covid positive and proceeded to use public transport to return to Scotland when she could have self isolated at her place in London. I think that’s pretty poor show from her tbh.
Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 00:51 - Jun 8 with 1293 viewsRobbie

That lovable scally , Bojo , party organiser and liar will squirm his way out of any questions or inquiries regarding his behaviour as usual , add Dominic Cummins and his poor eyesight into the mix and you end up with Politicians .

As mentioned earlier , a stupid thing she has done and should have never travelled after testing positive .

Did the same advice apply to the higher levels of Government at that time too .
Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 16:33 - Jun 8 with 1226 viewsSullutaCreturned

Margaret Ferrier MP -30 day suspension on 20:37 - Jun 7 by Gwyn737

It’s Felix and Kilkenny who are the polar opposites!

Nah, Kilkenny doesn't defend the left no matter what but felix defends the right and Builthy defends the left....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024