Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly 18:43 - Jul 9 with 7017 viewsHullDale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/radcliffeadmissiondetails/

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/gallery_friday7thjuly/

https://www.radcliffefc.com/news/2023-preseason-preview-2783518.html
Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 19:33 - Jul 9 with 6916 viewsDalenet

Reading that, Radcliffe have 11 pre-season friendlies. They'll be knackered by the time the season starts
Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 11:06 - Jul 10 with 6436 viewsHullDale

Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 15:31 - Jul 10 with 6099 viewsEllDale

There's always someone worse off than we are.
Workington's home friendly against Morecambe tomorrow night is off because the visitors can't raise a team.
Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 16:12 - Jul 10 with 6035 viewsBeechball

Morecambe look a good bet for successive relegations.
Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 19:51 - Jul 11 with 5427 viewsEllDale

Nicky Adams captain of Radcliffe.
Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 21:13 - Jul 11 with 5021 viewsrafc1984

0-1 Hendo
Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 21:15 - Jul 11 with 4996 viewsrafc1984

0-2 Sinclair
Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 21:17 - Jul 11 with 4963 viewsEllDale

Any clues to the identities of the two Trialists?
Login to get fewer ads

Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 21:26 - Jul 11 with 4880 viewsJames1980

Great to see we are winning what style of football have we been playing?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 22:14 - Jul 11 with 4478 viewsdawlishdale

Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 21:26 - Jul 11 by James1980

Great to see we are winning what style of football have we been playing?

Played a different 11 in each half apart from Kelly in net .

First half we didn't look too threatening and there was way too much passing around in our own penalty area, which will absolutely get us in trouble against a decent team in the conference.

Impressive debut from Cody Johnson but not too much else. We allowed Radcliffe to attack down both flanks with too much space imho and they were slightly unlucky not to have taken the lead.

Second half, we looked much sharper and Sinclair especially looked good, but also seemed to be carrying a knock. Despite this, he scored, as did Hendo, but James Ball had a good impact on the game playing in a more advance role than last season.

Very early days and not too much to write home about overall.
Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 22:47 - Jul 11 with 4231 viewsJames1980

Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 22:14 - Jul 11 by dawlishdale

Played a different 11 in each half apart from Kelly in net .

First half we didn't look too threatening and there was way too much passing around in our own penalty area, which will absolutely get us in trouble against a decent team in the conference.

Impressive debut from Cody Johnson but not too much else. We allowed Radcliffe to attack down both flanks with too much space imho and they were slightly unlucky not to have taken the lead.

Second half, we looked much sharper and Sinclair especially looked good, but also seemed to be carrying a knock. Despite this, he scored, as did Hendo, but James Ball had a good impact on the game playing in a more advance role than last season.

Very early days and not too much to write home about overall.

Thank you for the match report.

Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 23:40 - Jul 11 with 4033 viewsChaffRAFC

First half I thought we started well. We looked a big physical side with Rodney, Mitchell, Ehimamiegho and Shubbar in attacking areas. Shubbar looks quite exciting, caused problems, forced the keeper into two good saves, one which hit the post.

Cody Johnson looked very good, very much in the Aaron Morley mould in playing style, doesn't even look disimilar either whereas Gilmour didn't have quite the same impact. Ferguson and Nevett at the back looked decent but thought young Dunlop struggled a touch.

Second half we looked to target the full backs more with Sinclair and Kelly causing all sorts of problems. Both looked impressive to me. The two trialists did OK I think as well but given there were two centre midfielders on trial, it seems obvious Jim wants another. James Ball played up front with Ian Henderson which I thought was odd.

Good run out I thought and although there are still more signings needed, clearly, we don't feel a million miles away I don't think.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 00:14 - Jul 12 with 3947 viewsBrierls

I thought it was pretty decent for our first proper pre-season game. I’m certainly not as down as dawlishdale on the first half showing.

As Chaff said, first half we looked to have a physical side and looked to press from the off. I’m encouraged by us starting with two up front and thought Rodney and Mitchell showed signs of an athletic partnership. Shubbar looked like he has something and threatened the goal on a few occasions, Dunlop struggled at right back, which is understandable, while the other youth teamer Nevitt looked OK. Ferguson looked pretty assured to me. Cody Johnson was the pick up the bunch, he looks like a proper footballer.

All change at half time, with a couple of trialists in midfield. I thought the smaller of the two showed some neat touches in tight areas, but neither stood out particularly but were steady. I like the look of Oduroh, he’s more physical than the signing pics suggest. He looked to play balls into the front two rather than bomb down the wing. Ball played in a more advanced role and did well, but it was the wide players that stood out for me. Sinclair was lively and bagged a goal and assist, while Oscar Kelly really impressed me on the other wing.

I’ve come away feeling slightly upbeat.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 0:19]
Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 07:38 - Jul 12 with 3523 viewselectricblue

More importantly how did Brad Kelly play, I presume that he did play..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 08:11 - Jul 12 with 3428 viewsDaleiLama

The club's report

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/report_radcliffeaway_110723/

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 08:17 - Jul 12 with 3400 viewsDareToCalvin

I also enjoyed it last night. On the whole I thought most did well considering it was the first game of pre-season. Johnson, O Kelly, Sinclair and Shubbar looked particularly bright.
In response to a previous post, Brad Kelly did well in goal I thought, could hear him commanding his defence and his distribution was pretty good.

Still a couple of times we tried to play out from the back and it nearly ended up costing us; but otherwise, some nice moves were put together going forward.

Good to score a couple and not let any in, onwards and upwards.
Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 09:33 - Jul 12 with 3125 viewsJames1980

Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 08:17 - Jul 12 by DareToCalvin

I also enjoyed it last night. On the whole I thought most did well considering it was the first game of pre-season. Johnson, O Kelly, Sinclair and Shubbar looked particularly bright.
In response to a previous post, Brad Kelly did well in goal I thought, could hear him commanding his defence and his distribution was pretty good.

Still a couple of times we tried to play out from the back and it nearly ended up costing us; but otherwise, some nice moves were put together going forward.

Good to score a couple and not let any in, onwards and upwards.

Just to clarify did we only try playing it out from the back a few times or was there just a few times that it nearly went wrong?

Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 09:50 - Jul 12 with 3061 viewsDareToCalvin

Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 09:33 - Jul 12 by James1980

Just to clarify did we only try playing it out from the back a few times or was there just a few times that it nearly went wrong?

From my recollection we played out on fewer occasions than previously seen, and I think we lost possession in a dangerous area because of it twice.
The second goal actually came from a really good long ball from EEL to O Kelly ( I think.)
Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 12:36 - Jul 12 with 2661 viewsJames1980

Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 09:50 - Jul 12 by DareToCalvin

From my recollection we played out on fewer occasions than previously seen, and I think we lost possession in a dangerous area because of it twice.
The second goal actually came from a really good long ball from EEL to O Kelly ( I think.)

Good to hear we were not persevering with one style all game and mixing it up
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 13:03]

Radcliffe (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 14:23 - Jul 12 with 2395 viewsDaleiLama

The goals (despite the offside claims from the crowd)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024