Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread 18:08 - Aug 14 with 9478 viewsModeratorC

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60653/massive-test-for-d
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60668
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60669

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 20:00 - Aug 19 with 1347 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 19:49 - Aug 19 by Fireboy2

I agree re 4 at the back.

I didn't watch today but saw the brum game on the box and watched us live last week.

With having three at the back it puts pressure on the wing backs, they don't like to venture too far forward in case they get caught out, this means we don't have enough bodies in attacking positions which therefore means the opposition push us back.

If we played 4 4 2, we would be more attacking but more solid defensively, the same with 4 3 3 which as you say would revert to a 4 5 1 when we don't have the ball.

I am hoping that duff is just working things out atm and we get a little more slicker when we have the ball with the more games we play and I hope that ginelly gets a starting spot soon as he is the only player with out and out pace.

I think the starting XI today would not be Duff's preferred starting XI. Based on what he's said so far I'd expect both Allen and Ginelly to feature in that.

My problem with three at the back is that unless you've got exceptional defenders (and we don't) it leaves both big gaps and you wide open to counter attacks. One mistake can be hugely costly, whereas four at the back usually translates to five with a DM and you tend to be much more solid.

Obviously going that way means you need a DM who can switch defence to attack fairly quickly, which is why I think he'd prefer Allen to be available to start.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 20:39 - Aug 19 with 1280 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 20:00 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

I think the starting XI today would not be Duff's preferred starting XI. Based on what he's said so far I'd expect both Allen and Ginelly to feature in that.

My problem with three at the back is that unless you've got exceptional defenders (and we don't) it leaves both big gaps and you wide open to counter attacks. One mistake can be hugely costly, whereas four at the back usually translates to five with a DM and you tend to be much more solid.

Obviously going that way means you need a DM who can switch defence to attack fairly quickly, which is why I think he'd prefer Allen to be available to start.

Putting allen in the DM role will free grimes to push forward where he can orchestrate attacks, I definitely agree with you 4 at the back, atm it's a must, it will make us more solid and the attacking midfielders can attack knowing we probably won't be caught out with counter attacks.

BUT I just cannot see duff changing his mind.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 21:26 - Aug 19 with 1207 viewssw02sea

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 20:00 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

Totally agree. Work in progress (hopefully)
Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:06 - Aug 20 with 814 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 21:26 - Aug 19 by sw02sea

Totally agree. Work in progress (hopefully)

Maybe it's just me, but I see no progress whatsoever, it's going to be a long hard boring season, again.

If I'm being honest, I'm not enjoying watching the team, and I haven't for quite a while.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:33 - Aug 20 with 779 viewsharryhpalmer

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 19:03 - Aug 19 by vetchonian

compared to our start in our previous managers first season its better
In Martjns first season we were 20th 2 places lower then where we are today with 1 point from 9.....onwards and upwards

Martin came in 4 days before the season started. Duff has had a full pre season. BIG difference.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 16:20 - Aug 20 with 734 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:06 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

Maybe it's just me, but I see no progress whatsoever, it's going to be a long hard boring season, again.

If I'm being honest, I'm not enjoying watching the team, and I haven't for quite a while.

As it stands very much agree. However, once he sorts his starting eleven out I’m certain things will improve.

But still we have no pace.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 16:21 - Aug 20 with 732 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:33 - Aug 20 by harryhpalmer

Martin came in 4 days before the season started. Duff has had a full pre season. BIG difference.

Fulton is now struggling to completed 90mins given the amount of pitch he needs to cover cramping up in at least two of our league games couldn't comment on the away game.
While I like playing with width I really do think the wide players need to come in field at times to compete for the ball also that movement might decrease the space for other teams players leaving them the only option in switching play is to go back wards or play the long ball, sorry isn't that what teams have been doing to us this season so far.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 18:17 - Aug 20 with 661 viewscadleigh

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 19:09 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

Darling got forward a lot because that was his role. I don't think he was any good at it.

I've never thought that there was much more than a fag paper between Grimes and Fulton in terms of ability so I don't much care which one of them plays. Fulton perhaps more robust in the tackle and more offensive minded, Grimes with a bit more finesse. You pays your money and takes your choice. Allen is obviously better than both so I'd probably plump for him at a push.

One of those three with Patino as box to box and Piroe as the tip of the midfield spear and I don't think we'd go far wrong.

Thanks for that. I was assuming his role as a CB was to cover his goalkeeper and try to start attacks when in possession of the ball, not to get up to the opposition corner flag like a FB might. But another poster has told me that when we are attacking we switch to a pseudo-back 4 and either Darling or Wood is expected to play the FB role. If that is the case then (a) that’s a lot of positional switching to ask players to take on and (b) surely risks our getting caught with players out of position when the other team counters?

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024