Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A selling club without real ambition 23:22 - Aug 24 with 8155 viewsswancity

Is that we have become?

I thought these owners were “going to take the club to the next level ? “

You can’t blame young promising managers like Steve Cooper and Russell Martin for wanting to get away.

Get out and spend that £12m on new players …at least give the manager a chance .

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

A selling club without real ambition on 10:20 - Aug 29 with 823 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Unfortunately clubs have no powers these days. If a player wants a move for more money they will get their wish. Clubs can't afford to let players run down their contracts. Even players with longer contracts who want a move usually get one. They just refuse to train or say their head is not in the right place. It is also in the interests of their agents to keep moving their players.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

A selling club without real ambition on 13:46 - Aug 29 with 695 viewsSullutaCreturned

A selling club without real ambition on 20:23 - Aug 28 by swancity

I think you’ve missed the point

Of course every player has a price. It’s what happens to the income after the sale is key. The clubs you’ve referred to use the money to supplement further improvements, constantly looking to strengthen. We are now looking to sell whilst not reinvesting the money on the team.

Oh I didn't miss the point hence my comment about unrealistic expectations. We sold Piroe for 12 million and some of our fans think we should go out and spend all that 12 million on transfers. Our club however, cannot afford that luxury as we spend more than we bring in so some of that money goes on wages and other running costs, after we've paid tax of course.

We do reinvest money on the team though, how many players have left this window and how many have come in?
We have signed 8 and of those 4 cost us money and 3 are on loan, Ginnelly was free. Of those that left 2 are on loan with 3 at the end of their deals and walked away/not offered a new deal. Ntcham is down as released according to Sky though.
We know Wood is wanted and we also know Duff wants more signings so you cannot say we don't reinvest, we just cannot use every penny of fees recieved to spend on buying new players.
A selling club without real ambition on 20:39 - Aug 30 with 575 viewsswancity

A selling club without real ambition on 13:46 - Aug 29 by SullutaCreturned

Oh I didn't miss the point hence my comment about unrealistic expectations. We sold Piroe for 12 million and some of our fans think we should go out and spend all that 12 million on transfers. Our club however, cannot afford that luxury as we spend more than we bring in so some of that money goes on wages and other running costs, after we've paid tax of course.

We do reinvest money on the team though, how many players have left this window and how many have come in?
We have signed 8 and of those 4 cost us money and 3 are on loan, Ginnelly was free. Of those that left 2 are on loan with 3 at the end of their deals and walked away/not offered a new deal. Ntcham is down as released according to Sky though.
We know Wood is wanted and we also know Duff wants more signings so you cannot say we don't reinvest, we just cannot use every penny of fees recieved to spend on buying new players.

Why not go out and spend all of the £12 m ?

To bring in some quality.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

A selling club without real ambition on 20:40 - Aug 30 with 564 viewsKeithHaynes

A selling club without real ambition on 20:39 - Aug 30 by swancity

The numbers have to match up.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60757/can-the-swans-get-

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A selling club without real ambition on 20:45 - Aug 30 with 559 viewsSullutaCreturned

A selling club without real ambition on 20:39 - Aug 30 by swancity

Because, as I said, we spend more than we have coming in. Unless we want to build up unmanageable debt we can't spend every penny of the fees we receive.

Even those big clubs build up silly debts. 2 years back Barcelona were over one BILLION in debt, that's mind boggling and utterly wrong. It shouldn't be all about success and bugger the cost. More clubs will go to the wall unless we ALL start being more financially astute and that includes not paying wages we can;t afford.

The Saudi's are hoovering up talent right now and paying eye wateringly obscene wages, it's ridiculous for a club with crowds similar to ours to offer any one player over 1,000,000 per week.
A selling club without real ambition on 21:02 - Aug 30 with 539 viewsmax936

A selling club without real ambition on 20:45 - Aug 30 by SullutaCreturned

Because, as I said, we spend more than we have coming in. Unless we want to build up unmanageable debt we can't spend every penny of the fees we receive.

Even those big clubs build up silly debts. 2 years back Barcelona were over one BILLION in debt, that's mind boggling and utterly wrong. It shouldn't be all about success and bugger the cost. More clubs will go to the wall unless we ALL start being more financially astute and that includes not paying wages we can;t afford.

The Saudi's are hoovering up talent right now and paying eye wateringly obscene wages, it's ridiculous for a club with crowds similar to ours to offer any one player over 1,000,000 per week.

I wonder what debts Real Madrid have? they just buy who they want regardless, I think they are funded some way by the Spanish Government or I think they were at one time at least.

I'm sure Barca were funded by the Catalan Government as well, at some point and I think the plug was pulled a few years back.

Keith will probably know more.

But aren't UTD around a billion in debt?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

A selling club without real ambition on 21:07 - Aug 30 with 536 viewsSullutaCreturned

A selling club without real ambition on 21:02 - Aug 30 by max936

I wonder what debts Real Madrid have? they just buy who they want regardless, I think they are funded some way by the Spanish Government or I think they were at one time at least.

I'm sure Barca were funded by the Catalan Government as well, at some point and I think the plug was pulled a few years back.

Keith will probably know more.

But aren't UTD around a billion in debt?

A lot of the big clubs have massive debt. I really hope one of thm goes to the wall, maybe others will learn from it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024