Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? 23:45 - Sep 1 with 5997 viewsRichardO

Will be interesting to see how all things will fit together.
Any news on Wood?
Disappointed at losing Morgan but if he wanted to go then so be it.

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 00:01 - Sep 2 with 3974 viewsBarryTownSwam

Club finances looking solvent for a season or two after banking the Piroe, Obafemi, Morgan, Benda, Lati, Ntcham transfer money, and the compensation for the management team.
Sell Cabango / Wood next summer and that cash keeps us self sufficient again.
The owners playing a blinder?
Can’t wait to see what Duff can do with this squad
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 00:23 - Sep 2 with 3895 viewsmax936

Been a good day, got players in that we needed to bulk the squad up, with at least 3 if not 4 first team starters.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 01:05 - Sep 2 with 3841 viewsKeithHaynes

Can’t fault the day. Okay the club spent little but I think wisely. There’s no free players in football, and the hidden costs are huge.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 06:40 - Sep 2 with 3653 viewsWhiterockin

All in all I'm happy with the window, although I was getting concerned the last couple of days. After this lunchtimes game Duff has 2 weeks to form the squad into a balanced team, hopefully he has the players to do it. At least now we know where we are until Christmas.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 06:45 - Sep 2 with 3637 viewsjack247

Huge last couple of hours. Great window overall. Earlier in the day I was worried we were going to end it with gaping holes in defence.

Pleasantly surprised Wood is still here and I half expected Cullen to go.

Squad looks a bit bloated if anything, which is far better than having obvious shortcomings as we usually do. I’d expect some trimming over the next window or two, as we’re going to have the unusual problem of decent players not making the squad and costs must be high now.

Only slight concern is creativity in midfield unless Walsh can get and stay fit or Paterson can step up. I’ll live with that though, it’s far better than going a season without a right back!

Humphreys looks marquee. We can put Key on the right now and we’ve got different types of striker to bring off the bench.

Despite how I felt it would go yesterday lunchtime, I can see very little to complain about.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 07:04 - Sep 2 with 3589 viewsLandore_Jack

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 06:45 - Sep 2 by jack247

Huge last couple of hours. Great window overall. Earlier in the day I was worried we were going to end it with gaping holes in defence.

Pleasantly surprised Wood is still here and I half expected Cullen to go.

Squad looks a bit bloated if anything, which is far better than having obvious shortcomings as we usually do. I’d expect some trimming over the next window or two, as we’re going to have the unusual problem of decent players not making the squad and costs must be high now.

Only slight concern is creativity in midfield unless Walsh can get and stay fit or Paterson can step up. I’ll live with that though, it’s far better than going a season without a right back!

Humphreys looks marquee. We can put Key on the right now and we’ve got different types of striker to bring off the bench.

Despite how I felt it would go yesterday lunchtime, I can see very little to complain about.

Pleased that we have strengthened the defence. I am worried about the attacking threat. I think we should have signed another striker and a creative midfielder.

#backtojack

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 07:05 - Sep 2 with 3585 viewsowainglyndwr

Very happy with the transfer window , nobody can knock our owners after that .
RM said the Swans owners would not sign players , well
Hope that Swans fans come flocking back now,
We have a bit of strength and depth for a change
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 07:26 - Sep 2 with 3541 viewsjack247

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 07:04 - Sep 2 by Landore_Jack

Pleased that we have strengthened the defence. I am worried about the attacking threat. I think we should have signed another striker and a creative midfielder.

Possibly the lad from Blackburn was creative? I think we’re ok for strikers. We haven’t got a Piroe, but Yates, Cullen and Kukharevych with Ginelly and Lowe as winger/strikers seems enough to me.

I’ve no idea what we’ve spent with transfers, loan fees, signing on fees, agents fees all combined, but it must be pretty substantial. Plus the increased wage bill. It was more than I expected to be honest.
Login to get fewer ads

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 07:38 - Sep 2 with 3517 viewsdna

Yesterday afternoon, would have taken the numbers we ended up with , however a few areas are a concern

We've signed 3 left backs (I know Pedersen can cover centrally) and paid a fee for 2, Toje-A-On can't have impressed if we've spent significant money on Tymon

Newcastle will want Ashby to get game time -think Key has been our best player so far, so where does that leave Ashby

As others have said, where are the goals coming from? Yates is a finisher and Lowe will chip in, but there's a distinct lack of creativity - perhaps Patino will step up, but he has looked similar to what we've already got (though an upgrade)

There's a lack of physicality in the final 3rd too, which Kuharevich might solve?

Mid table by Xmas and a few tweaks in January, could launch a challenge for the play offs in the second half of the season?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 8:18]
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 07:44 - Sep 2 with 3507 viewsAnotherJohn

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 07:04 - Sep 2 by Landore_Jack

+1. That is a major concern. I can't see where the goals that Piroe and Ntcham gave us will come from. Hope I'm wrong.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 07:45 - Sep 2 with 3493 viewsangryjack

Can't see where goals are coming from though we lost piroe and ntcham who used pop up with few from midfield...
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 07:53 - Sep 2 with 3475 viewsjack247

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 07:44 - Sep 2 by AnotherJohn

+1. That is a major concern. I can't see where the goals that Piroe and Ntcham gave us will come from. Hope I'm wrong.

Last season Yates had about 15, Cullen 10. Kukharevych is a bit of an unknown, Lowe and Ginelly will chip in, then you’ve got the likes of Oli Cooper and Patino. Fulton will get a couple.

I think we’ve got the firepower. The problem so far has been creating chances for them. Hopefully a wingback on each side helps with that.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 08:08 - Sep 2 with 3446 viewsRichardO

Duff would now appear to have a variety of player options to pick from for his starting line up and substitutes, which is good given the number changes available during half time and during play that seems to have changed games last season seeing the advantage swing from one team to another.
Have we now got too many Wingbacks or fullbacks? A number of our managers have seen the advantage of being able to change them to keep the pressure on.

Now down to manage to get the best out of the team,.
Are we missing something in the midfield maybe but all in all seems to be a better transfer day than expected.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 08:14 - Sep 2 with 3427 viewsAnotherJohn

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 07:53 - Sep 2 by jack247

Last season Yates had about 15, Cullen 10. Kukharevych is a bit of an unknown, Lowe and Ginelly will chip in, then you’ve got the likes of Oli Cooper and Patino. Fulton will get a couple.

I think we’ve got the firepower. The problem so far has been creating chances for them. Hopefully a wingback on each side helps with that.

We'll see and I hope you are right. So far our strikers are not scoring enough to pick up wins. Pace on the flanks will help, but perhaps not enough. The positive is that there are several other teams who don't seem much better. My prediction for the season is that we will be looking down rather than up when it comes to league position.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 08:27 - Sep 2 with 3394 viewsjack247

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 08:14 - Sep 2 by AnotherJohn

We'll see and I hope you are right. So far our strikers are not scoring enough to pick up wins. Pace on the flanks will help, but perhaps not enough. The positive is that there are several other teams who don't seem much better. My prediction for the season is that we will be looking down rather than up when it comes to league position.

100%, but you can include Piroe in that. He hardly had a shot in the three games he played.

Get the supply to then right and they’ll do fine.

I can’t really give a prediction because it’s a whole new team. We’re going to drop points until they gel for sure.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 08:47 - Sep 2 with 3347 viewsmagicdaps10

Pulled the minimum out on the last day here although I think we have missed a massive trick with a creative midfielder, would have pushed this rather than getting in Pedersen given we had Humphreys on loan.

The Benda and Ntcham money allowed us to do a bit of business yesterday meaning that the Piroe money wasn't touched and the board will be whistling into the background with this.......they won't get away with that one with people reminding others on this as the months go along.

As a squad, we have numbers albeit arguably not the quality we maybe should have given all the money that has come in since may. Defensively we look to have more options in bodies and with players able to choose from to change formation.

Midfield is solid but less creative with no replacement capable of the creativity and goal threat of Ntcham but it's a midfield that should do the basics required.

Up top there is possibilities but we need these lads to replace the 30 goals from losing Piroe and Ntcham....we need Yates to be aiming for 15/20 goals, Cullen to match last years haul and need Ginnelly, Lowe and Mykolo to chip in with 10/12 goals between them..its possible but my worry is the creativity with no Manning, Piroe and Ntcham.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 09:35 - Sep 2 with 3269 viewsguthrieintherain

We got 4 strikers 5 if you include Ginnely.

Squad is a bit bloated if anything.
Just lacking a ctrative midfielder but no complaunts from me.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 09:41 - Sep 2 with 3243 viewsswan65split

a late run of signings, on paper all look positive ,just need to see how they all show now, and that includes the manager COYS.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 10:00 - Sep 2 with 3186 viewsLuther27

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 08:08 - Sep 2 by RichardO

Duff would now appear to have a variety of player options to pick from for his starting line up and substitutes, which is good given the number changes available during half time and during play that seems to have changed games last season seeing the advantage swing from one team to another.
Have we now got too many Wingbacks or fullbacks? A number of our managers have seen the advantage of being able to change them to keep the pressure on.

Now down to manage to get the best out of the team,.
Are we missing something in the midfield maybe but all in all seems to be a better transfer day than expected.

Agree with that. I think goals will come from across the team rather than relying on a Piroe. Our defence concedes too many at the moment so hopefully over the next few weeks they’ll start to gel. Also it’s good to see pace back in the team. Options for a back four or wingback’s gives the manager more choice in team selection or tactical changes during a game.
All in all it’s been a better window than I expected. Main thing for me is to stop conceding silly goals.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 10:12 - Sep 2 with 3142 viewsJust_Dave

I'm a lot happier with the squad now than I was this time yesterday. Up to Duff now to get the best out of this squad. Surprised Wood is still here which is a bonus. Hope he forgets about Russy now
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 10:24 - Sep 2 with 3114 viewsonehunglow

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 10:12 - Sep 2 by Just_Dave

I'm a lot happier with the squad now than I was this time yesterday. Up to Duff now to get the best out of this squad. Surprised Wood is still here which is a bonus. Hope he forgets about Russy now

Hope we all can but it ain’t easy .

I’m not sure whether to bit h or not .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 10:50 - Sep 2 with 3050 viewsRichardO

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 10:00 - Sep 2 by Luther27

Agree with that. I think goals will come from across the team rather than relying on a Piroe. Our defence concedes too many at the moment so hopefully over the next few weeks they’ll start to gel. Also it’s good to see pace back in the team. Options for a back four or wingback’s gives the manager more choice in team selection or tactical changes during a game.
All in all it’s been a better window than I expected. Main thing for me is to stop conceding silly goals.

Duff's team seemed to sort the defensive issue preseason but against better opposition issues that needs to be resolved stop teams getting in behind, stop the dangerous crosses and let the CB's do their jobs allowing cover on the edge box at set pieces, might actually leave space for the goalkeeper to come for crosses as well.
Players in to resolve issues maybe🤞🏻
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 10:52 - Sep 2 with 3041 viewsFireboy2

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 10:50 - Sep 2 by RichardO

Duff's team seemed to sort the defensive issue preseason but against better opposition issues that needs to be resolved stop teams getting in behind, stop the dangerous crosses and let the CB's do their jobs allowing cover on the edge box at set pieces, might actually leave space for the goalkeeper to come for crosses as well.
Players in to resolve issues maybe🤞🏻

A back 4?
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:02 - Sep 2 with 3003 viewsmax936

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 07:26 - Sep 2 by jack247

Possibly the lad from Blackburn was creative? I think we’re ok for strikers. We haven’t got a Piroe, but Yates, Cullen and Kukharevych with Ginelly and Lowe as winger/strikers seems enough to me.

I’ve no idea what we’ve spent with transfers, loan fees, signing on fees, agents fees all combined, but it must be pretty substantial. Plus the increased wage bill. It was more than I expected to be honest.

Attack starts from defence, the supply of quick accurate ball's into those forward area's will surely create enough opportunities to score goals, Cullen could thrive in that area, he's a natural finisher, Yates, Ginnelly are more than capable as well.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:03 - Sep 2 with 3002 viewscadleigh

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 10:52 - Sep 2 by Fireboy2

A back 4?

All the indications are that Duff will stick with three CBs, but doesn't this look appealing?

Rushworth
Ashby Humpreys Pederson Tymon
Patino/Fulton Grimes/Allen
Key Lowe Ginnelly
Yates

Who knows, having pace in the squad might encourage Grimes to pass forwards more often and morph into the creative playmaker we would love him to be.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024