Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The morning after 08:11 - Sep 20 with 1390 viewsMytchettSaint

It all feels depressingly familiar doesn't it?

Rusty is about 3 seasons behind the "bold and BRAVE" tag line

The football is still dull.

Dull, dull, dull.

I can't work out if we started the season ok as there were;

1; players who were desperately hoping for a move away from the club and were trying to put themselves in the shop window and have now reverted to type, or,
2; Losing that quality late in the window (NT, JWP) is the reason and the replacements are no where near good enough.

If it is the former then I expect this to continue until early December when there will suddenly be an uptick in form from them just before the window re-opens.

I expect another defensive bungle on Saturday to gift Middlesbrough their first win.

Kiss my arse Sports Republic.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 8:12]

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

The morning after on 11:56 - Sep 20 with 1184 views1885_SFC

Your final sentence sums it up perfectly.

Sport Republic are responsible for who they appoint as manager, and the fact is they have now appointed not one but three disastrous managers in a row in Selles, Jones, and now Martin. They saw something in Nathan Jones (f@ck knows what) and the same goes for Russell Martin. What they 'saw' in Russell Martin is a complete mystery. Like Jones & Selles before him, Russell Martin is completely out of his depth at this football club. If you get the appointment of a manager wrong - then nothing else will work - and Sport Republic just keep on doing it.

So yeah, Sport Republic can kiss my arse too.

Old School is Cool

The morning after on 13:44 - Sep 20 with 1057 viewsRon11

The morning after on 11:56 - Sep 20 by 1885_SFC

Sport Republic are responsible for who they appoint as manager, and the fact is they have now appointed not one but three disastrous managers in a row in Selles, Jones, and now Martin. They saw something in Nathan Jones (f@ck knows what) and the same goes for Russell Martin. What they 'saw' in Russell Martin is a complete mystery. Like Jones & Selles before him, Russell Martin is completely out of his depth at this football club. If you get the appointment of a manager wrong - then nothing else will work - and Sport Republic just keep on doing it.

Yes.
There are a lot of good players here.
Even the likes of Tony Mowbray would would know how to get the best out of them as opposed to some fantasy dream world where beautiful football is played and everything is gleaming.
It's the Championship and it's sink for swim, not making sure your hair's still behind your ears and posing for the camera.
The morning after on 15:36 - Sep 20 with 982 viewssaint22

The morning after on 11:56 - Sep 20 by 1885_SFC

My Boro supporting mate who is pretty au fait with championship players and game plans told me when we appointed Wussell he was useless because he plays tippy tappy and has no clue how to mix it up
He also said Swansea were pretty to watch but ineffective and leaked goals…..
The morning after on 15:48 - Sep 20 with 956 viewssaintwizzler

The morning after on 15:36 - Sep 20 by saint22

My Boro supporting mate who is pretty au fait with championship players and game plans told me when we appointed Wussell he was useless because he plays tippy tappy and has no clue how to mix it up
He also said Swansea were pretty to watch but ineffective and leaked goals…..

Funnily enough the Birmingham and QPR Season Ticket holders at work said roughly the same.
The QPR one saying ex Super Hoop, Manning, was good going forward but not at defending.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

The morning after on 18:18 - Sep 20 with 822 viewsGRIM

The morning after on 15:48 - Sep 20 by saintwizzler

Funnily enough the Birmingham and QPR Season Ticket holders at work said roughly the same.
The QPR one saying ex Super Hoop, Manning, was good going forward but not at defending.

WE MARCH ON

I'm not even convinced that Manning is good going forward.
He is definitely a very poor defender, he has no pace, his positional sense is rubbish, he never reads the game & provides no cover for his team mates.
He at our club because he's RM's best buddy.
Same goes for Adam Armstrong being named as captain in the absence of JS.
AA is no leader of men & not worthy of his place in the team.
We are now starting to realize how much we miss JWP.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024