Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassing 22:04 - Sep 15 with 3349 viewsgrumpy

Why do we have to suffer this time and time again?
Embarrassing on 22:07 - Sep 15 with 3008 viewsMattFinish

Grumps, that was as bad if not worse than anything under Jones or Selles
Embarrassing on 22:10 - Sep 15 with 2973 viewssaintwizzler

Sports Republic have totally fûcked Southampton Football Club.

Well done to Wilcox for bringing all that money in from transfers and spending fûck all.

Absolute joke.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Embarrassing on 22:10 - Sep 15 with 2979 viewsA1079

I don't know Grumpy. It is not occasional, it is all too regular season in, season out. Bad decisions and judgement off the pitch, bad decisions and judgement and ability on it. There isn't one element of the playing side that gives you any hope because we don't seem to appoint managers or coaches who can change things. I have no faith whatsoever in SR and I am sorry to say it, little faith in our latest attempt at a manager.

I am sick of it all though. I have purchased tickets for the next few home and away games but after Sunderland away and now this, I really don't know how much more I can take (from a football perspective). Money is tight and it could be used so much more wisely.
Embarrassing on 22:16 - Sep 15 with 2925 viewsMattFinish

As Swansea fans will testify, Russell Martin knows no other way of playing

Leicester weren’t that good, we were 💩 or more to the point our tactics were 💩
Embarrassing on 22:17 - Sep 15 with 2913 viewsPatfromPoole

The big crowds we have been getting will be dwindling PDQ at this rate.

Big decision for the board. Do they make yet another manager very rich by sacking him?

Solak needs to get rid of Ankersen fast. And Wilcox is on thinner ice by the week as well.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Embarrassing on 22:22 - Sep 15 with 2869 viewsSouthamptonfan

It was indeed very embarrassing, once again. No tackling no aggression, nowhere near the required effort. Manager number 4 and we still play like amateurs. But as I said before, with these owners manager 5 will be in the same guise.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Embarrassing on 22:22 - Sep 15 with 2868 viewsMattFinish

Every time they broke we had lead booted Smallbone as the last man. Absolute suicide

Pi$$ poor tactics

Tuesday night we host Ipswich. Think that’s 💩 or bust for Martin
Embarrassing on 22:27 - Sep 15 with 2815 viewsIfonly

Embarrassing on 22:22 - Sep 15 by MattFinish

Every time they broke we had lead booted Smallbone as the last man. Absolute suicide

Pi$$ poor tactics

Tuesday night we host Ipswich. Think that’s 💩 or bust for Martin

They won't be able to sack him for a while yet because it will take a long time for them to find a manager even worse than this one.
Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassing on 22:28 - Sep 15 with 2810 viewsA1079

The thing that was glaringly scary at Sunderland Matt was the complete absence of a midfield. They just went missing. I didn't see this game on TV or anything but listened to the commentary and comments and it sounds like we had no midfield tonight either. So with this manager and this set up on the pitch we are scre*ed - a disaster of a defence, a keeper who is at best average and the weakest midfield I think I have known at Southampton for many a year. Top that with yet another manager who appears to be incompetent and tactically inept.
Embarrassing on 22:34 - Sep 15 with 2776 viewsMattFinish

Embarrassing on 22:28 - Sep 15 by A1079

The thing that was glaringly scary at Sunderland Matt was the complete absence of a midfield. They just went missing. I didn't see this game on TV or anything but listened to the commentary and comments and it sounds like we had no midfield tonight either. So with this manager and this set up on the pitch we are scre*ed - a disaster of a defence, a keeper who is at best average and the weakest midfield I think I have known at Southampton for many a year. Top that with yet another manager who appears to be incompetent and tactically inept.

Downes and Smallbone are powder puff player. The only creative player we have is Alcaraz who was sitting on the bench

The manager has just said he’s proud of the players tonight and he won’t change the way they’re playing. Unbelievable
Embarrassing on 10:31 - Sep 16 with 2479 viewsA1079

Embarrassing on 22:34 - Sep 15 by MattFinish

Downes and Smallbone are powder puff player. The only creative player we have is Alcaraz who was sitting on the bench

The manager has just said he’s proud of the players tonight and he won’t change the way they’re playing. Unbelievable

He is starting to sound like Nathan Jones - deluded and out of touch with reality
Embarrassing on 10:39 - Sep 16 with 2464 viewsDorsetIan

Embarrassing on 22:34 - Sep 15 by MattFinish

Smallbone is really starting to p1ss me off. He’s neat and intelligent but, it seems to me, with zero passion, urgency or aggression.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Embarrassing on 15:28 - Sep 16 with 2313 viewsgrumpy

Embarrassing on 10:39 - Sep 16 by DorsetIan

Smallbone is really starting to p1ss me off. He’s neat and intelligent but, it seems to me, with zero passion, urgency or aggression.

He looks like he could do with some Gym work.
Embarrassing on 21:54 - Sep 18 with 2020 viewshedgeend61

Embarrassing on 15:28 - Sep 16 by grumpy

He looks like he could do with some Gym work.

What would you say was more embarrassing?

A. Saints on Friday?

B. You posting on a Saints forum you want Pompey to win games of football?

Bearing in mind that no Saints supporter (dead or alive) would even think of wanting Pompey to win any game.
Embarrassing on 22:24 - Sep 18 with 1974 viewsgrumpy

Embarrassing on 21:54 - Sep 18 by hedgeend61

What would you say was more embarrassing?

A. Saints on Friday?

B. You posting on a Saints forum you want Pompey to win games of football?

Bearing in mind that no Saints supporter (dead or alive) would even think of wanting Pompey to win any game.

You apologized last time you ranted about that. Didn't last long until you fell into your old ways.
Embarrassing on 15:06 - Sep 19 with 1751 viewsAshleyAJM

This was always going to happen, we have had some non impressive wins against the promoted sides and had a fire sale of what were perceived to be our best players and brought in second tier replacements.

we will be in this league for a long time if were lucky
Embarrassing on 17:28 - Sep 19 with 1619 viewshedgeend61

Embarrassing on 22:24 - Sep 18 by grumpy

You apologized last time you ranted about that. Didn't last long until you fell into your old ways.

The answer was A or B, wasn't a difficult question.

Think you should really be the one apologizing after posting one of the dopiest comments ever on any football forum, you've obviously never been to a Saints/Pompey game as you don't understand the hatred.

You ain't been posting on your Truebluearmy Pompey forum recently, get fed up with getting rinsed on there by your fellow Blues?
Embarrassing on 23:01 - Sep 19 with 1510 viewsgrumpy

Embarrassing on 17:28 - Sep 19 by hedgeend61

The answer was A or B, wasn't a difficult question.

Think you should really be the one apologizing after posting one of the dopiest comments ever on any football forum, you've obviously never been to a Saints/Pompey game as you don't understand the hatred.

You ain't been posting on your Truebluearmy Pompey forum recently, get fed up with getting rinsed on there by your fellow Blues?

I don't answer stupid Questions.
I would hazard a guess I have been to a lot more Saints/Pompey games than you.
My first game at the Dell was against Pompey and I remember the fans stood next to each other.
This hatred is childish nonsense.
Singing how we hate Pompey all the time during games is ludicrous.
Embarrassing on 15:32 - Sep 20 with 1261 viewshedgeend61

Embarrassing on 23:01 - Sep 19 by grumpy

I don't answer stupid Questions.
I would hazard a guess I have been to a lot more Saints/Pompey games than you.
My first game at the Dell was against Pompey and I remember the fans stood next to each other.
This hatred is childish nonsense.
Singing how we hate Pompey all the time during games is ludicrous.

1 They're not stupid, I'll try and make them a bit easier to allow for your low IQ.
2, Very doubtful.
3, What was the year of your first game when fans stood together?
4, If you don't understand the hatred, you don't understand football, think everybody knows that anyway. Obviously you've never been in the Milton End at Fratton.
5, They don't, how would you know,? you never go to games, just dribble on Saints and Pompey forums.

3 is the important one I need an answer for please, don't worry about the rest, you may find them a bit tricky
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 15:33]
Embarrassing on 16:44 - Sep 20 with 1189 viewsgrumpy

Embarrassing on 15:32 - Sep 20 by hedgeend61

1 They're not stupid, I'll try and make them a bit easier to allow for your low IQ.
2, Very doubtful.
3, What was the year of your first game when fans stood together?
4, If you don't understand the hatred, you don't understand football, think everybody knows that anyway. Obviously you've never been in the Milton End at Fratton.
5, They don't, how would you know,? you never go to games, just dribble on Saints and Pompey forums.

3 is the important one I need an answer for please, don't worry about the rest, you may find them a bit tricky
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 15:33]

Let me try and educate you my friend.
My uncle took me to my first game when I was very young,we sat in the East Stand at the Dell near the Milton Road End.This was a derby game against Pompey.I was fascinated by the atmosphere,I remember the banners(they had them in those days) from both sets of fans.
The hatred took hold as I can remember in the 70s.
I have stood on the Fratton End,not declaring my allegiance of course and watched a(Not a Saints)game.
I watched from the stands their game against QPR and the Testimonial for the their goalkeeper in 72.
I was in the Milton End for 84 game that saw Moran late winner.
I know all about the feeling down there for us.
I stood on the Milton Road End for years then moved under the West Stand. When we moved to St. Marys I had a season ticket for the Itchen for the first 4 seasons. This hatred between the Pompey and Saints is nonsense perpetrated by some of both sets of fans and is just childish.
This singing 'fetch your fathers gun' when were getting tonked yet again is pathetic think of something original that will mean something to the players.
As for trying to deride people who don't hold your views you just make yourself look silly because you haven't a clue who you are talking to or what you're talking about.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 16:51]
Embarrassing on 17:18 - Sep 20 with 1133 viewshedgeend61

Embarrassing on 16:44 - Sep 20 by grumpy

Let me try and educate you my friend.
My uncle took me to my first game when I was very young,we sat in the East Stand at the Dell near the Milton Road End.This was a derby game against Pompey.I was fascinated by the atmosphere,I remember the banners(they had them in those days) from both sets of fans.
The hatred took hold as I can remember in the 70s.
I have stood on the Fratton End,not declaring my allegiance of course and watched a(Not a Saints)game.
I watched from the stands their game against QPR and the Testimonial for the their goalkeeper in 72.
I was in the Milton End for 84 game that saw Moran late winner.
I know all about the feeling down there for us.
I stood on the Milton Road End for years then moved under the West Stand. When we moved to St. Marys I had a season ticket for the Itchen for the first 4 seasons. This hatred between the Pompey and Saints is nonsense perpetrated by some of both sets of fans and is just childish.
This singing 'fetch your fathers gun' when were getting tonked yet again is pathetic think of something original that will mean something to the players.
As for trying to deride people who don't hold your views you just make yourself look silly because you haven't a clue who you are talking to or what you're talking about.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 16:51]

What year when fans stood together in you're first game was the question?, essay doesn't say.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 17:23]
Embarrassing on 17:30 - Sep 20 with 1106 viewsgrumpy

Embarrassing on 17:18 - Sep 20 by hedgeend61

What year when fans stood together in you're first game was the question?, essay doesn't say.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 17:23]

Don’t you think I would have said if I could remember,it was a long time ago.
Embarrassing on 17:40 - Sep 20 with 1082 viewshedgeend61

Embarrassing on 17:30 - Sep 20 by grumpy

Don’t you think I would have said if I could remember,it was a long time ago.

Would have thought everyone would know year of their first game at a football stadium, give us a rough idea, say within a couple of years.
Embarrassing on 17:48 - Sep 20 with 1057 viewsgrumpy

Embarrassing on 17:40 - Sep 20 by hedgeend61

Would have thought everyone would know year of their first game at a football stadium, give us a rough idea, say within a couple of years.

Early 60s
Embarrassing on 18:15 - Sep 20 with 1013 viewshedgeend61

Embarrassing on 17:48 - Sep 20 by grumpy

Early 60s

That's plausable, I only asked as didn't know the answer as to when they stood together.

Done all 15 Derby games since April 76 at Fratton, ain't happened in any of them for sure, you beating that number?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024