Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scunthorpe 21:14 - Sep 20 with 17827 viewsblackdogblue

Omfg… I thought our “neighbours” chairman says it as is after a beer…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Scunthorpe on 11:50 - Sep 27 with 4000 viewsdalemark

Some interesting nuggets from McNulty last night, which possibly explain the lack of action from the club & seeming cancellation of the volunteer army tomorrow.

"...once the situation with the club settles down, once we have a budget to compete..."

Is there an investor on the horizon, & anybody involved in improvement of the club has downed tools in that respect as we wait for the investor to come in?

That scenario is probably more palatable than the constant lip service & say one thing / do another that keeps happening.
Scunthorpe on 14:53 - Sep 27 with 3779 views442Dale

Irrespective of what is going on at the club, the lack of information and consistent focus from the Trust is disappointing. The Volunteer Army meeting date was confirmed nearly four months ago, whatever happens going forward will hopefully make up for the failings so far.

The first step will be admitting those, why they happened and what will be done differently.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/june/supporterstrustmeetings_june23/

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/06/fan-engagement-programme-for-23-24/

<<“The Club and the Trust have agreen a season long engagement programme that will commence later this month.

The thoughts behind the programme is to have a clear and defined plan regarding fan engagement over the next twelve months. Our aspirations are for this Club to be the model club when it comes to working with supporters, and this will be a massive step forward towards achieving that.”>>

Any “confirmed” schedule of meetings should be subsequently planned for and, unless supporters not knowing exactly what’s going on at this stage was part of the plan, you have to question how good that “clear and defined plan” was in the first place.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Scunthorpe on 15:26 - Sep 27 with 3728 viewsD_Alien

Scunthorpe on 14:53 - Sep 27 by 442Dale

Irrespective of what is going on at the club, the lack of information and consistent focus from the Trust is disappointing. The Volunteer Army meeting date was confirmed nearly four months ago, whatever happens going forward will hopefully make up for the failings so far.

The first step will be admitting those, why they happened and what will be done differently.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/june/supporterstrustmeetings_june23/

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/06/fan-engagement-programme-for-23-24/

<<“The Club and the Trust have agreen a season long engagement programme that will commence later this month.

The thoughts behind the programme is to have a clear and defined plan regarding fan engagement over the next twelve months. Our aspirations are for this Club to be the model club when it comes to working with supporters, and this will be a massive step forward towards achieving that.”>>

Any “confirmed” schedule of meetings should be subsequently planned for and, unless supporters not knowing exactly what’s going on at this stage was part of the plan, you have to question how good that “clear and defined plan” was in the first place.

"...unless supporters not knowing exactly what’s going on at this stage was part of the plan..."

Subtlety at its best

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scunthorpe on 12:21 - Sep 28 with 3417 viewsblackdogblue

Getting a lot worse…. Abandon Ship big time…

Scunthorpe on 14:15 - Sep 28 with 3244 viewsSuddenLad

Scunthorpe on 12:21 - Sep 28 by blackdogblue

Getting a lot worse…. Abandon Ship big time…

Someone seems to be deliberately trying to take Scunny into oblivion and it looks like they might manage it sooner rather than later. A sad state of affairs. Even the new Chairman (Hilton) is now under investigation by the F.A. It isn't looking good.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Scunthorpe on 14:41 - Sep 28 with 3194 viewsJames1980

Scunthorpe on 14:15 - Sep 28 by SuddenLad

Someone seems to be deliberately trying to take Scunny into oblivion and it looks like they might manage it sooner rather than later. A sad state of affairs. Even the new Chairman (Hilton) is now under investigation by the F.A. It isn't looking good.

Well that answers that age old question..

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Scunthorpe on 15:14 - Sep 28 with 3103 viewsD_Alien

Scunthorpe on 14:41 - Sep 28 by James1980

Well that answers that age old question..

Who put the **** in Scunthorpe?

Scunthorpe on 07:02 - Sep 29 with 2864 viewsblackdogblue

Getting more bizarre…

Login to get fewer ads

Scunthorpe on 07:12 - Sep 29 with 2855 viewsJames1980

Scunthorpe on 15:14 - Sep 28 by D_Alien

Who put the **** in Scunthorpe?

Scunthorpe on 13:50 - Sep 29 with 2557 viewsJames1980

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/scunthorpe-united-football-club-dying-2646754

Very sad state of affairs apologies for my flippant remark.

Scunthorpe on 16:01 - Sep 29 with 2383 views49thseason

Scunthorpe on 13:50 - Sep 29 by James1980

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/scunthorpe-united-football-club-dying-2646754

Seems like Sheffield Wendys owner has thrown his toys out of the pram and walked away , mainly because those naughty Wendy fans insisted on calling him names!
Scunthorpe on 16:05 - Sep 29 with 2378 viewsSuddenLad

Scunthorpe on 16:01 - Sep 29 by 49thseason

Seems like Sheffield Wendys owner has thrown his toys out of the pram and walked away , mainly because those naughty Wendy fans insisted on calling him names!

The club won't last long without his money. He's basically told his critics to get on and run it themselves.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Scunthorpe on 16:20 - Sep 29 with 2347 viewsBigKindo

Claims to be putting around £ 2 million/month.
Scunthorpe on 18:01 - Sep 29 with 2165 views49thseason

Scunthorpe on 16:20 - Sep 29 by BigKindo

Claims to be putting around £ 2 million/month.

Wow, £2m a month would hurt anybody...much less someone on the sticky end of a load of Wendy fans who think they are better than they are. Serve them right if it all goes elbows up, some people wouldnt know a good thing if it hit them between the .?.eyes....
Scunthorpe on 19:12 - Sep 29 with 2053 viewsblackdogblue

Scunthorpe on 13:50 - Sep 29 by James1980

No need to apologise James.. remember a home game against them a good few years ago & they were loosing so some of their fans left & went on a rampage down Willbiuts lane… starting on adults with their kids… fookin Scumthorpe… cba digging the thread out it was that long ago…

Scunthorpe on 20:47 - Sep 29 with 1921 viewsD_Alien

Scunthorpe on 16:05 - Sep 29 by SuddenLad

The club won't last long without his money. He's basically told his critics to get on and run it themselves.

Perfect example of what can happen when new owners, who've been successful in business but have no experience of the football world, suddenly find themselves subject to criticism

This should serve as an example (along with Scunny) and warning to our board and Trust to take more than financial and "good guy" probity into account

Is there anyone on the Trust who'd put the question to potential owners: how would you react to being called a tosser, week in week out, on social media?

[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 20:59]

Scunthorpe on 20:56 - Sep 29 with 1895 views442Dale

The crucial thing is to put contingencies in place that can be employed in various scenarios. Illustrating to the football club that they’re accountable in every instance creates a positive culture that can be used to ensure better outcomes in instances when doomsday scenarios start to develop.

Allowing the small things to pass without comment or focus on improvement will eventually allow the bigger problems to become uncontrollable.

Do not think this isn’t noticed and without precedent.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Scunthorpe on 21:52 - Sep 29 with 1777 viewsfrenzied

Scunthorpe on 16:05 - Sep 29 by SuddenLad

I just wonder if the decision to sack Moore was taken after the first leg semi play off defeat which Weds then spectacularly turned around in the second leg then going on to win the final.

Moore and his back room staff then became aware of these actions looked for reassurances which they didn’t get and then left by mutual agreement.

All in all a disaster...another defeat tonight
Scunthorpe on 23:01 - Sep 29 with 1698 viewsD_Alien

Scunthorpe on 21:52 - Sep 29 by frenzied

I just wonder if the decision to sack Moore was taken after the first leg semi play off defeat which Weds then spectacularly turned around in the second leg then going on to win the final.

Moore and his back room staff then became aware of these actions looked for reassurances which they didn’t get and then left by mutual agreement.

All in all a disaster...another defeat tonight

Apparently, Wendys were streaming out of the ground before half time

Scunthorpe on 03:03 - Sep 30 with 1574 viewsTalkingSutty

Scunthorpe on 20:56 - Sep 29 by 442Dale

The crucial thing is to put contingencies in place that can be employed in various scenarios. Illustrating to the football club that they’re accountable in every instance creates a positive culture that can be used to ensure better outcomes in instances when doomsday scenarios start to develop.

Allowing the small things to pass without comment or focus on improvement will eventually allow the bigger problems to become uncontrollable.

Do not think this isn’t noticed and without precedent.

When those who are running this supposedly ' fan owned club' aren't interested in connecting then they won't be bothered about accountability. It's nearly twelve months now and they still haven't sourced a suitable investor, probably because loads of other clubs are looking for the same thing. Nobody properly holds them to account, we have 500 shareholders and 2300 season ticket holders who don't have a clue what's happening but we just remain passive and hope for the best. We don't even know the financial state of the club properly. It's not just down to the supporters trust this, as shareholders and fans we should be more vocal. I keep saying this but then remember that the fans voted unanimously in favour of going down the investor route, so i accept its me who is making a mountain out of a mole hill and the fan base is happy to see how this pans out with a investor.

We've been letting the club drift since the buy back of the MH shares, there's be no concerted effort or plans put in place to really turn around the fortunes of the club and engage the fans and general public. We are all too accepting and have handed the fan owned club over to a few individuals to do as they want with it, with no accountability. As a collective we are all too passive.

We've been here before with this discussion anyway and it's a situation all of our own making that should never have been allowed to develop at a supposedly fan owned club. Rather than fans meeting about volunteering for a club that might not be here in the very near future I'd prefer a meeting in regards to the fans and shareholders getting hold of the club themselves and moving away from looking for a investor. Either the Chairman and Directors come on board with that or we call a EGM and put a new board in place. If the club is going to die I'd rather that be at the hands of the people who love it than investors who will invariably be in it for the wrong reasons...there is plenty of evidence of that going on at other clubs such as Scunthorpe. Meetings are great but I think the fans need to prioritise what is important and at the minute we are in danger of losing the club, the Chairman and Directors need to attend these meetings and muck in with the fans, we're trying to save it aren't we? They should be desperate for the fans to help them.

I'll caveat all of that though by acknowledging that none of those in the Boardroom probably ever had any real desire to get involved with the football club and are probably too busy in their own personal life/ work to devote the time required to the club. Financially they committed big time, so it's only human nature they would want to be in control of recovering their outlay. I think the key to finding the solution is communication and it involves the Trust / shareholders/ fans and the money tied up in the stadium. Its unrealistic to expect those in the Boardroom to just walk away from their financial outlay, they deserve better than that anyway.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 5:55]
Scunthorpe on 07:58 - Sep 30 with 1456 viewsD_Alien

Scunthorpe on 03:03 - Sep 30 by TalkingSutty

When those who are running this supposedly ' fan owned club' aren't interested in connecting then they won't be bothered about accountability. It's nearly twelve months now and they still haven't sourced a suitable investor, probably because loads of other clubs are looking for the same thing. Nobody properly holds them to account, we have 500 shareholders and 2300 season ticket holders who don't have a clue what's happening but we just remain passive and hope for the best. We don't even know the financial state of the club properly. It's not just down to the supporters trust this, as shareholders and fans we should be more vocal. I keep saying this but then remember that the fans voted unanimously in favour of going down the investor route, so i accept its me who is making a mountain out of a mole hill and the fan base is happy to see how this pans out with a investor.

We've been letting the club drift since the buy back of the MH shares, there's be no concerted effort or plans put in place to really turn around the fortunes of the club and engage the fans and general public. We are all too accepting and have handed the fan owned club over to a few individuals to do as they want with it, with no accountability. As a collective we are all too passive.

We've been here before with this discussion anyway and it's a situation all of our own making that should never have been allowed to develop at a supposedly fan owned club. Rather than fans meeting about volunteering for a club that might not be here in the very near future I'd prefer a meeting in regards to the fans and shareholders getting hold of the club themselves and moving away from looking for a investor. Either the Chairman and Directors come on board with that or we call a EGM and put a new board in place. If the club is going to die I'd rather that be at the hands of the people who love it than investors who will invariably be in it for the wrong reasons...there is plenty of evidence of that going on at other clubs such as Scunthorpe. Meetings are great but I think the fans need to prioritise what is important and at the minute we are in danger of losing the club, the Chairman and Directors need to attend these meetings and muck in with the fans, we're trying to save it aren't we? They should be desperate for the fans to help them.

I'll caveat all of that though by acknowledging that none of those in the Boardroom probably ever had any real desire to get involved with the football club and are probably too busy in their own personal life/ work to devote the time required to the club. Financially they committed big time, so it's only human nature they would want to be in control of recovering their outlay. I think the key to finding the solution is communication and it involves the Trust / shareholders/ fans and the money tied up in the stadium. Its unrealistic to expect those in the Boardroom to just walk away from their financial outlay, they deserve better than that anyway.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 5:55]

Can we stop using the phrase "voted overwhelmingly in favour of going down the investor route"

I appreciate what you're trying to say here, but - and this has been pointed out before - what the vote acheived was consent to go down that route, not actual "being in favour" as a preferred option

I think the vast majority of fans/shareholders would prefer the club NOT to have a new investor/majority shareholder pulling tlheir own strings, for whatever purposes - but as things stand, it's a case of "needs must"

I also appreciate that to all intents and purposes, the outcome is the same - a seemingly futile exercise in whoring our club out due to lack of sufficient income. It's a perfectly valid analogy: very few becomes whores out of preference. The damage to identity and self-worth whilst becoming open to abuse aren't dissimilar either

I've a lot of respect for your efforts to keep this front and centre, but it's just not right to keep claiming fans "favour" the club bring touted around, mainly without any insight or input into the outcome, and i still maintain the Trust will have no veto on a new owner they don't like if the directors choose to jump ship - they're not going to put the roof over their head at risk to observe the niceties, and tbf, why should they? That's why the vote on the stadium being used as collateral against a loan took place

Scunthorpe on 09:51 - Sep 30 with 1327 viewsTalkingSutty

Scunthorpe on 07:58 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

Can we stop using the phrase "voted overwhelmingly in favour of going down the investor route"

I appreciate what you're trying to say here, but - and this has been pointed out before - what the vote acheived was consent to go down that route, not actual "being in favour" as a preferred option

I think the vast majority of fans/shareholders would prefer the club NOT to have a new investor/majority shareholder pulling tlheir own strings, for whatever purposes - but as things stand, it's a case of "needs must"

I also appreciate that to all intents and purposes, the outcome is the same - a seemingly futile exercise in whoring our club out due to lack of sufficient income. It's a perfectly valid analogy: very few becomes whores out of preference. The damage to identity and self-worth whilst becoming open to abuse aren't dissimilar either

I've a lot of respect for your efforts to keep this front and centre, but it's just not right to keep claiming fans "favour" the club bring touted around, mainly without any insight or input into the outcome, and i still maintain the Trust will have no veto on a new owner they don't like if the directors choose to jump ship - they're not going to put the roof over their head at risk to observe the niceties, and tbf, why should they? That's why the vote on the stadium being used as collateral against a loan took place

Fans did favour going down the investor route though whether you like it or not. The Trust balloted their members and I think it was something like 92% in favour of bringing in outside investors. The Trust Committee are therefore rightly representing their members. You're playing with words when you suggest that consent was not actually the same as being in favour. It was certainly preferable to them voting the opposite. Not everybody agreed that at the time the only way to run the club was to bring in outside investors, some preferred to explore the options of fans running the club and perhaps re-setting the club. Even the current Chairman adhering to his Churchilian speech about how they will get the club running efficiently and maximising every revenue stream..they never even gave that idea a chance.

I don't see how things can ever be stable with outside investors pulling the strings. As you suggest, we are now at the mercy of the Chairman and Directors, that's a sad reflection on the fanbase in general when you think of the incredible fight everybody put up to keep the club in our own hands. We went overnight from being a fan owned club with great plans of getting the club firing on all cylinders, to one that was suddenly up for sale to outside investors. With no consultation with the Trust or shareholders, that was a disgrace. At that moment the Chairman and Directors theoretically could do what they wanted with the club and that's still the case now. There are very few fans or shareholders voicing their concerns though and it's disappointing.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 9:59]
Scunthorpe on 10:04 - Sep 30 with 1282 viewsblackdogblue

There are very few fans or shareholders voicing their concerns though and it's disappointing.

Whilst I agree to a point your last comment TS… what do you suggest we should do?

Scunthorpe on 10:26 - Sep 30 with 1217 viewsTalkingSutty

Scunthorpe on 10:04 - Sep 30 by blackdogblue

There are very few fans or shareholders voicing their concerns though and it's disappointing.

Whilst I agree to a point your last comment TS… what do you suggest we should do?

I have suggested for a long time that as Shareholders, Trust, fans we should have called a EGM ages ago in relation to lots of things that are of concern. The total wall of silence that we have had to endure , the lack of communication with shareholders, no contact at all with certain shareholders. Broken promises in relation to scheduled meetings, incompetence regarding the Ethan Brierley situation when we needed him on the pitch, the lack of financial details when expecting shareholders to vote on important issue. The Chairman and Directors obviously have no real desire to run the club so I think as fans and shareholders we should be meeting with them with a view to take over the club ourselves, i have no idea how we would do that but as a collective I'm sure we have enough expertise to formulise a plan. I'd rather we try to do all of that than just sit here praying that we find a investor with deep pockets and a good heart. What do you think we should do?
Scunthorpe on 11:20 - Sep 30 with 1120 viewsNorthernDale

Football is in a financial mess, we can all speculate on the reasons, from wages to poor management of clubs and I am not sure, what is the remedy. The FA, EFL and Premiership need to work together with the fans and PFA to develop a strategy to save the game. The premiership need to understand that the system needs clubs like the Dale, Scunthorpe and the Morecambe's of this world to sustain the game in the long-term. When will they act, if a big club like, Wednesday went belly-up would they act then? The debt in football is spiralling upwards every year and even teams in the Premiership are not immune from the issue of rising debt. As I said, I am not sure what the answer is, but some form of solution needs to developed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024