Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
False 9 anyone? 17:28 - Nov 25 with 5743 viewsHeadington

At least until January. If so who would it be?
False 9 anyone? on 00:34 - Nov 26 with 1085 viewsFredManRave

False 9 anyone? on 21:38 - Nov 25 by flynnbo

Agree, Kolli definitely has something about him.

Alot of hair on his head? Let's hope no forks get left on the pitch next time he does play.

OK. A bit harsh, I realise, but I think it and this thread in general, just shows the simple fact that we don't have a Championship level striker, confirmed by the fact that Lyndon always starts.

It was mentioned elsewhere on here today, but to start the season with the "strike force" that we have was just ridiculous. We could all see what the one problem would be and lo and behold....

I just hope that MC has the opportunity to buy, at the very least, one striker (I'll trust him with finding a good one, that probably none of us will know anything about) in January.

If he can't then, much as I'm enjoying the massive improvement in our play, especially in the first 2 thirds of the pitch in the last 3 games, it will count for nothing, if we don't get someone(people) to put the fcuking ball in the onion bag!
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 0:36]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

False 9 anyone? on 01:45 - Nov 26 with 1024 viewsLazyFan

False 9 anyone? on 00:15 - Nov 26 by Midlands_Ranger

This is pure truth...he's embarrassing

The time when Dykes looked like a proper forward we now know were mere lucky streaks. And the reality as has now been proven with Norwich is he's pony.

Washout 2.0

Dykes cold not even hold up the ball properly, did not dominate their defenders or even run around much like everyone says he brings to the game rather than goals.

I would start with Armstrong next game, we need to give the boy a run. Dykes has had plenty of chances this season.

zzzzzzzzzz

False 9 anyone? on 05:45 - Nov 26 with 948 viewsBrianMcCarthy

False 9 anyone? on 22:18 - Nov 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Cheers.

Like Kevin Gallen used to do thirty years ago?

Not quite, as I understand it.

Gallen was a 10 who often dropped deep and almost always played with a 9. Similar to Dalglish at Liverpool.

A false nine is just a new phrase for what Cryuff used to do for Barcelona on occasions, play as a lone striker but instead of standing there waiting for the two centre-backs to maim him he'd come deep into space to get the ball and either run at them or lay-off to other runners instead.

As ever, when 'new football' comes up with a plan, someone will have actually come up with it before.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

False 9 anyone? on 07:43 - Nov 26 with 902 viewsdmm

Taarabt gave a masterclass on how to play as a false 9 in our win away at North Battersea in 2013. There was a Youtube vid focussing on how he played in that game but I can no longer find it.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 7:43]
False 9 anyone? on 07:57 - Nov 26 with 895 viewsmart_Goblin

False 9 anyone? on 23:04 - Nov 25 by ted_hendrix

False 9.
Midfield anchor.
Hug the line.
First-time ball.
Box-to-box player.
Game plan.
Playing In the hole.

WTF Is all the above nonsense about EH?

For future training purposes and IMO we should apply and use my uncomplicated Football scientific method as described below In an effort to move up the league table and enjoy the fruits of our labour.

Teds Football scientific method is an empirical method for acquiring knowledge that has characterized the development of football since at least the 17th century (with notable practitioners in previous centuries; see the article history of football methodology for additional detail.) It involves careful observation, applying rigorous skepticism about what is observed, given that cognitive assumptions can distort how one interprets the observation. It involves formulating hypotheses, via induction, based on such observations; the testability of hypotheses, experimental and the measurement-based statistical testing of deductions drawn from the hypotheses; and refinement (or elimination) of the hypotheses based on the experimental findings. These are principles of the Football scientific method, as distinguished from a definitive series of steps applicable to all Football scientific enterprises.

Oh amen .

Double pivot
Low block
Inverted wingbacks

Utter b*ollocks Fifa generation talk

Yours
Old git
Ruislip
False 9 anyone? on 08:57 - Nov 26 with 844 viewsdmm

Are we really all fed up with footballing terms like false 9 and low block etc?

Some of it is simply a different way of describing a football situation. For example, it seems that "closing down" became "pressing". Other terms describe a bit of innovation but that's how it's always been in football - "Wingless Wonders", "Total Football", "The Sweeper", "Tiki-Taka" and so on.

There's a hell lot more in football to get grumpy about than slating the latest football fad.
False 9 anyone? on 09:37 - Nov 26 with 798 viewsMidlands_Ranger

False 9 anyone? on 01:45 - Nov 26 by LazyFan

The time when Dykes looked like a proper forward we now know were mere lucky streaks. And the reality as has now been proven with Norwich is he's pony.

Washout 2.0

Dykes cold not even hold up the ball properly, did not dominate their defenders or even run around much like everyone says he brings to the game rather than goals.

I would start with Armstrong next game, we need to give the boy a run. Dykes has had plenty of chances this season.

How anyone can not agree with this is crazy, he's awful
False 9 anyone? on 09:42 - Nov 26 with 791 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

False 9 anyone? on 09:37 - Nov 26 by Midlands_Ranger

How anyone can not agree with this is crazy, he's awful

The difference between Dykes and Washington for me is that Washington couldn’t score in a team that was doing ok.

Dykes can’t score in a team where the players are almost universally in a rut.

That’s a huge mitigating factor for me.
Login to get fewer ads

False 9 anyone? on 11:29 - Nov 26 with 711 viewsQPROslo

False 9 anyone? on 07:43 - Nov 26 by dmm

Taarabt gave a masterclass on how to play as a false 9 in our win away at North Battersea in 2013. There was a Youtube vid focussing on how he played in that game but I can no longer find it.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 7:43]

Adel played that role brilliantly. If we have anyone today who could do it I'd say Willock could come closest.
False 9 anyone? on 11:51 - Nov 26 with 698 viewsParkRoyalR

False 9 anyone? on 11:29 - Nov 26 by QPROslo

Adel played that role brilliantly. If we have anyone today who could do it I'd say Willock could come closest.

Good shout Oslo,

Willock has good body strength and has that ability to control the ball a yard away from his body and use his body to shield the ball, can also turn both ways and beat his man either side,

Could work in a 4-2-3-1 with Chair & Smyth (or Armstrong / Kolli) either side of Willock.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024